Suggestion Shoutbox

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback' started by oceantheskatr, Oct 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

oceantheskatr

2. @oceantheskatr I think if we got this it would need some testing before we released it. Curse would have to set permissions and make sure they are right for us etc etc. But I do agree that this would be pretty cool.

3. Offline

Binner_Done

I agree as well tbh, this sounds really cool!

4. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

Fun fact, Bukkit already has a way cooler form of live chat with hundreds of people in the chat at all times!

It's called IRC, and Bukkit's little hangout place is called #bukkit (It's like a hashtag, from an era before hashtags were a thing!). Just click here to enter! Put in a nickname and click connect!

5. Offline

oceantheskatr

I've actually used it before and it's not too hard to set up, I think they wouldn't have any trouble at all! :) It's the most popular shoutbox addon for Xenforo, too.

I think that having something right on Bukkit may be a bit better as it'd be easier to find and a bit easier to use. I've seen it (or something similar to it) used over on http://forums.wynncraft.com/ (which is the biggest RPG server out there) although I don't think they have as big of a community.

6. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

It's easy to integrate IRC as well ;)

Why introduce another mode of chat when IRC already exists? Come join the party, @oceantheskatr

7. I've also used it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.