Server Security?(Grief)

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by FourThunders, Mar 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

FourThunders

Hello. So there are several plugins that protect from grief(block breaking and placing), but I remember last year when I opened my server up to the public and let people in, I had a different kind of grief program. Players were able to spam hundreds, if not thousands of items and drop them so that it would lag out anyone within the area. The item I remember that specifically caused the most problems was boats. The problem with boats is that you have to break them, instead of picking them up.

So. I would really like to know if anyone knows of a plugin or other method of blocking people from being able to spam drop or use third party clients to spam drop items? This would mean a lot to me. Thank you!

2. Offline

Double0negative

nocheat and logblock

3. Offline

FourThunders

Thank you, but both are outdated and inactive.

4. Offline

Double0negative

5. Offline

FourThunders

This is the time stamp on that post:
    Discussion in 'Plugin Releases' started by Evenprime, Feb 15, 2011.

And on the top of their BukkitDev page:
    This project has become inactive.
    This project is inactive and its default file will likely not work with the most recent version of Minecraft. The author may have abandoned it, or it may have outlived its usefulness.

Quoted from the developer: "Thanks to everyone who used and liked this plugin. I've set the plugin to "inactive" status myself (that's why there is a red box above this text), because it describes best the current status of this plugin. Thanks to everyone that supported me during the year of development, with money, bug reports or simply kind words."

It is inactive.

6. Offline

Double0negative

well they both still work for now. Nocheat really dosent have an alternative that i know of at the moment anyways and you could use hawkeye in replace of logblock but ive heard that it tends to not rollback properly a lot. soo your choice

7. Offline

hatstand

Inactive != Broken. I am running NoCheat perfectly fine on the latest builds, quit being an idiot.

8. Offline

XanderCrews01

Yep nocheat works fine, and is still being maintained. Logblock works also, ive been running it with no problems at all. Try using /remove command from worldedit. This remove entities. Is this a creative server? If so maybe try creativecontrol to prevent people in creative from placing boats nonstop.

9. Offline

FourThunders

That wasn't necessary, but thanks for being immature.

Thank you. That could help. I'm just concerned that there's really no way to stop people from using clients to spam boats or other items. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Ok. Nevermind. I didn't know it until now, but boats are entities, and can be removed using WorldEdit. Thank you everybody.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  10. Offline

hatstand

And you couldn't be bothered to spend 2 minutes to check if it worked on a local server?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.