Server - Permissions - Help

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by dansterboy668, Mar 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

dansterboy668

OK I've got everything hooked up, my mods and my server is all set-up. I hooked up permissions as I thought I could make groups such as admins, mods etc. to have certain commands, but theres a catch. I CAN'T DO IT! I've looked around but I can't find a very detailed step by step video or description. So if anyone can help solve this problem please comment

2. Offline

solentice

I'm guessing you used the Permissions v2.5.4 plugin...When you run the server once with the plugin installed, it creates a .yml config file inside a Permissions folder, all inside the main "plugins" folder. That config file is probably named RENAME_ME.yml as default, and you have to change it to the name of your world, such as world.yml. Then you open the .yml file in an editor like Notepad++ for Windows, you'll see a formatted basic setup with notes on how to make some basic changes. There will be a basic set of groups and users for you to play around with.

3. Offline

dansterboy668

I did all of tht and i made all the names n stuff for ranks such as admins and mods but it doesnt change ingame + i cant use any of the commands i specify

4. Offline

solentice

Ok, post the code you have for that Permissions file using the code button next to the little quotes button. You should also post all the plugins, and versions of plugins you are actually using so people can actually analyze what could be going on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.