Server Not Starting Up

Discussion in 'General Help' started by saturn20714, Oct 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

saturn20714

I started setting up my Bukkit Server today, and whenever I try to press start.command, this message comes up:

Last login: Sun Oct 5 23:22:39 on ttys000
    Andrews-MacBook-Air:~ Andrew$ /Users/Andrew/Desktop/Bukkit/start.command ; exit;
    readlink: illegal option -- f
    usage: readlink [-n] [file ...]
    Unable to access jarfile craftbukkit.jar
    logout

[Process completed]
    I've run servers on the same computer before, and this is the first time I've had a problem.

2. Offline

Hoolean

Hey there saturn20714 :)

Please post your full startup script.

3. Offline

saturn20714

Hoolean here's what's in my start.command file, if that's what your asking for
    #!/bin/sh
    BINDIR=$(dirname "$(readlink -fn "$0")")
    cd "$BINDIR"
    java -Xmx1024M -jar craftbukkit.jar -o true

4. Offline

Hoolean

saturn20714

That's odd. Are you sure it's exactly the same as the other scripts you use to start your server? Try using this script instead:

Code:bash
    1. #!/bin/bash
    2. cd "$(dirname "$0")"
    3. exec java -Xms1024M -Xmx1024M -jar craftbukkit.jar -o true

5. Offline

saturn20714

@Hoolean I haven't run a server in a while, so I can't remember what it was like before. Also, I tried the script you said and unfortunately that didn't work, but a different message came up:

Andrews-MacBook-Air:~ Andrew$ /Users/Andrew/Desktop/Bukkit/start.command ; exit;
    Failed to load Main-Class manifest attribute from
    craftbukkit.jar
    logout

[Process completed]

6. Offline

Hoolean

saturn20714

That looks a wee bit like a problem with the actual craftbukkit.jar; it may be corrupted or invalid. :(

7. Offline

saturn20714

Hoolean

What can I do about that? Should I download a different version?

8. Offline

AronTheGamer

You can't. CraftBukkit is takes down

9. Offline

saturn20714

AronTheGamer what does that mean?

ZanderMan9 thanks a lot, I'm not planning on running 1.8 until there's a stable version. We'll see if this one works... :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2016
  10. Offline

ZanderMan9

No problem, man!
    Hopefully there will be a stable version, if the current situation gets resolved. You can read up on from several sources, but some of them might be biased. Maybe you already know, idk :p

I dare anyone. I dare anyone.
    Everyone else may be too much of a wuss to file a counter-DMCA, but I will fight that battle. Because I strongly believe Wolfe has no legal grounds, as his contributions were to a project whose license stated that all contributions are public property or something of the nature.
    So if someone wants to have a go, be my guest.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2017
  11. Offline

AronTheGamer

12. Offline

Combomuffin69

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.