Solved Server Fails to Load

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Godleydemon, Jan 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Godleydemon

I"m running this server through a ubuntu machine. It was running just fine earlier today, but there was a power outage where the server is located. After the server came back online I attempted to restart CraftBukkit. Errors were thrown at me like crazy, so I first trouble shooted with removing all plugins. This didn't solve the problem. So I thought maybe some how the world was currupted during the power outage. So I backed up the world and attempted to generate a new one. This also didn't work. Then I thought it may have been the java got currupted and downloaded the newest RB3. This once again, did not work. So I'm really unsure of where to go from here. Any help is appreciated.

Console log: http://pastebin.com/N0SnkEGQ

2. Offline

MrRedLogan

it seems that your server does not have enough memory to even start up. If you wish to dedicate more ram to the server open notepad/text editer and paste in:

Echo off
    "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -server -Xms####M -Xmx####M -jar craftbukkit-1.1-R3.jar
    pause

where i put the #### and #### put how much memory in Megabytes that you want. It is reccomended that you use at least 1024. Like so:

Echo off
    "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -server -Xms1024M -Xmx1024M -jar craftbukkit-1.1-R3.jar
    pause

after that click Save As and name it Run. Then save it as a batch file (.bat) and put it in the root directory of your server.

3. Offline

questionablei

The command you started the server with was
    Code:
    java -Xincgc -Xmx1024 -jar craftbukkit-1.1-R3.jar
    I personally would not recommend using the -Xincgc option, incremental garbage collection is great for some things, but I don't think I've ever seen it behave well with Minecraft servers of any sort, but your issue actually was that you left one letter out of the command.
    Code:
    java -Xincgc -Xmx1024M -jar craftbukkit-1.1-R3.jar

4. Offline

Godleydemon

-FACE DESK- jesus... I need to stop writing in console when I'm half asleep.. thanks bud. ^^

questionablei likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.