Serious problem/bug

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by The_Creamster, Dec 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

The_Creamster

When i was joining the server to white-list someone, i saw it was CB version 1.3 when only a few days ago it was 1.4.2. I have tried updating Craftbukkit to 1.4.5 R2 about 4 times since then, but it simply won't update. I'm now clueless on how to update to the latest Craftbukkit because of this very strange annoying bug. One solution will be to delete almost everything off the server and do a complete reinstall, which will be my very last resort. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

The_Creamster

2. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

Shut down your server. Replace your jar with the beta from http://dl.bukkit.org. Start up your server.

3. Offline

The_Creamster

I've done that multiple times, but still yeields the same results; it just isn't updating the craftbukkit.jar for some odd reason of which i don't know why and came here for help/explanation.

4. Offline

midnightfang22

assuming that you are renaming the jar to whatever is in the .bat script right?

5. Offline

The_Creamster

Yes, that is done every single time, i deleted the craftbukkit.jar and copied across the latest, and it still didn't work.

6. Offline

The_Creamster

Ok, i had to reinstall the server for it to update, uploading the files as i'm writing this. Though i still find it strange that it self downdated.

7. Offline

The_Creamster

Problem no.2, the server can't seem to detect the plugins. What should i do to get it to detect them???

8. Offline

midnightfang22

What are the errors it gives? Are you putting them inside the "plugins" folder? Are all of the plugins not working?

9. Offline

The_Creamster

It's giving me no errors and only essentials has it's jar files in the plugins folder; but it is giving me a warning, http://pastie.org/5545842.

10. Offline

midnightfang22

That just means you need better hardware for the server. If its playable then don't worry about it. That message pops up a lot of the server is under a heavy load or the computer is being stressed. As for plugins not loading, have you tried doing /pl and seeing if it is there in red?

11. Offline

Toxic__Waste

you can disable the warning message in the bukkit.yml file in the root of your server everyone gets that message also why do you save worlds so often that in its self takes alot of resources i save mine once a day..

12. Offline

The_Creamster

As far as the backups are concerned, that's the server host not the server settings, and i don't think i can change that. Installing essentials through the server control panel to see if it'll let me upload the rest after it's finished. Will edit when i have an outcome.

13. Offline

The_Creamster

Ok, it still isn't detecting the plugins, anymore ideas??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.