Second item name bar like on Hive?

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by michiletsplay, Oct 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi,
    I just saw some kind of second item name description-thingy on Hivemc. Now I want to recreate it and make use of it.

[​IMG]

After some time of searching the internet, I couldnt find anything related to this, so I am sure someone here can help me. I'd say its maybe using packets.

Thank you for help!

(btw. whats the exact definition for this bar?)

GrandmaJam likes this.
  2. Offline

xMrPoi

I think that might be using the new title and description feature in 1.8. And it's called the hotbar :p

3. Offline

fireblast709

michiletsplay the first bar is the action bar message, the second bar is the item name.

4. Do you know where in the API this can be accessed? I looked for a little bit, but to no avail

5. Offline

fireblast709

Matthewenderle itemnames are displayed when you switch slots (or when the item in the current slot changes), action bar messages are 1.8, thus you will find no support for Bukkit (since Bukkit doesn't support 1.8 yet)

Note for everyone going to nag about unofficial builds: Yes I am fully aware that they exist and that some do support 1.8 players / features, but these forums cover Bukkit, not any of those :p

JaguarJo and FerusGrim like this.
  6. Offline

MordorKing78

Isn't there a BarAPI plugin out there?

7. Offline

fireblast709

MordorKing78 BarAPI provides boss bars, not action bars ;3.

8. Offline

rbrick

9. Offline

MordorKing78

10. Offline

BriceMetal

Its the record play effect that has been modified.

11. Offline

Garris0n

There is no API, and CraftBukkit does not work on 1.8, so this thread does not belong on these forums.

12. Offline

eyamaz

This is what the Alternatives section is for. Though bukkit itself, is not up to 1.8. Anything dealing with 1.8+ should be directed to the appropriate sites.

13. Offline

fireblast709

eyamaz Still used to the very strict old rules :p. Thanks for reminding me.

14. Offline

ChipDev

This is the new ActionBar, go look it up on spigot :3

Plugin:
    http://www.spigotmc.org/resources/actionannouncer-action-bar-auto-announcer-more.1320/
    How to do it in code with spigot (Snippet)
    Code:java
    1. public static void sendActionBar(Player player, String message){
    2. CraftPlayer p = (CraftPlayer) player;
    3. if (p.getHandle().playerConnection.networkManager.getVersion() != 47) return; // Don't run if player is not on 1.8
    4. IChatBaseComponent cbc = ChatSerializer.a("{\"text\": \"" + message + "\"}");
    5. PacketPlayOutChat ppoc = new PacketPlayOutChat(cbc,2);
    6. ((CraftPlayer) p).getHandle().playerConnection.sendPacket(ppoc);
    7. }

NMS :( but cool!

15. Offline

extended_clip

I made ActionAnnouncer <3

ChipDev likes this.
  16. Offline

ChipDev

extended_clip
    How did you get getVersion()? I have the newest patched version of spigot, and craftbukkit (and spiggy API) :p please help :p I've been wondering..

17. Offline

ebear

ChipDev Just wondering, is the 2 the amount of time it shows?

18. Offline

ChipDev

2 Is action bar :p

19. Offline

ebear

Gotcha. Figured that one out myself.

ALSO, how would I make 2 messages play sequentially. So it'd be like this: Player joins, sees welcome message, sees player count message.

20. Offline

ChipDev

Err.. a runnable? I'm not sure :(

21. Offline

oasis9

Sorry about the necro, but this isn't working.
    Code:java
    1. PacketPlayOutChat ppoc = new PacketPlayOutChat(cbc,2);
    The 2 after "cbc" is not matching the PacketPlayOutChat contructor, it only takes one argument, IChatBaseComponent - help please?

22. Offline

Funergy

oasis9 Same you know how to fix it?
    Sorry about the necro

23. Offline

oasis9

Funergy Fixed, I had spigot #1649 and patched it with the official patch, which is found on the website - I won't go through how to do it here.

And mine works, go to i.is.the.cat (LOL such a fail name, it's a free host, but it's not on all the time) Mineraft Server, in 1.8 and you'll be able to see how I've utilised it - A very flashy color thingy, if that's one way to put it.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2016
    Funergy likes this.
  24. you have to cast it to byte just set it to
    Code:
    PacketPlayOutChat ppoc = new PacketPlayOutChat(cbc, (byte) 2);

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.