Inactive [SEC] xAuth v2.0.10 - Extra Authentication [1.2.5-R1.3+]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by CypherX, Mar 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

CypherX

xAuth v2.0.10 - (CraftBukkit build: [1.2.5-R1.3+])
    Download v2.0.10

lycano is taking over the development of xAuth as I no longer have the time nor the will to continue working on it. Please see the BukkitDev page: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/xauth/

Thanks to everyone who has showed support for me and xAuth over the past 17 months. It's been 'fun'. If for any reason you need to contact me, stop by my IRC channel (irc.rizon.net #LoveDespite) or toss me a message at http://love-despite.com/forum. Until we meet again, stay gold. Bang.

------------------------------------------------------------------​

xAuth is a plugin designed with a single task in mind: protect a server and its players while running in offline-mode. The basic idea of this protection is allowing players to register an account based on their player name and a supplied password. When a registered player connects to the server, that player will be prompted to authenticate his or herself by logging in. If and only if a valid password is supplied, they will regain full control of their account until their session expires.

Features
    • Before registering/logging in, players cannot:
      • Chat, execute commands, interact with objects (levers, chests, etc.), move, or pickup items.
      • Break or place blocks
      • Receive or give damage, be targeted (followed) by hostile mobs
    • Inventory and location protection
    • In-depth setting and message configuration
    • Persistent login sessions through server restarts
    • Player name filter and password complexity configuration
    • Kick non-logged in (but registered) players after a configurable amount of time
    • Bukkit Permissions support
    • Kick or temporarily lockout the IP address of a player who fails to log in after a configurable amount of tries
    • Custom, highly secure password hashing
    • H2 and MySQL support
    • Authentication over URL (AuthURL) allows for connection to forum or website databases
    Changelog (click for full changelog)
    • Version 2.0.10
      • [Fixed] Exploit to completely bypass login system.
      • [Fixed] xAuth commands not working with Rcon
      • [Fixed] Exploiting login system to avoid fire & drowning damage.
      • [Fixed] NPE caused by player connecting & disconnecting during same server tick.
      • [Fixed] 'Table "SESSIONS" not found' error when a player uses /logout while session length is set to zero.
      • [Fixed] Exploiting location protection after dieing to return to the spot of death.
    • Version 2.0.9
      • Added several reverse single session configuration options.
      • Fixed registration.forced: false not working.
      • Updated version check and H2 download links.
    xAuth Importer
    xAuth Importer is a tool used to import accounts from previous versions of xAuth as well as other authentication plugins. Click here for more information.

2. Hey, how do i unban those people who got banned by the Strike system?

3. Offline

Phinary

No. I dont want verification coded in. I already have all that done with my PHP script. I just want it so I can set it to use the Active field on the table, like if its 0 the player cant login

Edit: Sorry after I read it, it sounded very harsh :p I didnt mean it to xD

4. Offline

marktech

Hi, thank you very much for this awesome plugin, it is probably the most vital plugin my server uses at the moment.

Recently players on my server have been complaining about other players abusing the F3 function. The players who abuse this function use it so they can get the coordinates of the player they are trying to target(my server is based off of towns, pvp, survival). I was wondering if you could possibly have this plugin block the function of the F3 key for players who haven't authenticated themselves, thus stopping the abuse of players getting coordinates of other players they are targeting.

Thanks!

5. Offline

Phinary

A way to prevent this is already implemented in the newest update. It makes you be at spawn before you login.

6. Offline

Typhoon31

Hey is there any option to support the spawn configured with spawncontrol?

Because SpawnControl has exact spawn positions, but when I'm not logged in it teleports me to the spawn created by Bukkit and its in the ground...

7. Offline

meeeee

Hello ive recently had trouble with your plugin. My server does not let people register :( i do not know if it is another plugin which is the problem but it seems that something is wrong with registration. i like your plugin though :)

8. Offline

CypherX

I'll add a way to set the location yourself in the config file for the next update.

Are there any errors in the console when someone tries to register? Does it show the "Please register/login..." message when someone joins? I can't really help without more information.

9. Offline

greycap

Bug:
    When using Essential's "/plugin reload" everyone would theoretically have to login again. They get teleported to the spawnpoint and the inventory gets cleared. However one can't login and just gets an "internal error occured" message when trying the /login command. Also the server console seems to become unresponsive forcing me to kill the server. This leads to a wipe of some player's inventory
    I believe this is the relevant exception:
    Code:
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'login' in plugin xAuth v1.2.4
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
            at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:85)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:255)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:677)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:640)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:634)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:32)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:195)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:74)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:370)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:285)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.entity.CraftPlayer.teleport(CraftPlayer.java:147)
            at com.cypherx.xauth.xAuth.login(xAuth.java:296)
            at com.cypherx.xauth.CommandHandler.handlePlayerCommand(CommandHandler.java:55)
            at com.cypherx.xauth.xAuth.onCommand(xAuth.java:195)
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
            ... 12 more
    2011-05-05 22:13:06 [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?
    2011-05-05 22:13:16 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'login' in plugin xAuth v1.2.4
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
            at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:85)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:255)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:677)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:640)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:634)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:32)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
            at com.cypherx.xauth.xAuth.login(xAuth.java:296)
            at com.cypherx.xauth.CommandHandler.handlePlayerCommand(CommandHandler.java:55)
            at com.cypherx.xauth.xAuth.onCommand(xAuth.java:195)
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
            ... 12 more

Dunno if this bug is caused by xAuth, Essentials or Bukkit

10. Offline

CypherX

Do the players affected by this have the xauth.exclude permission or is registration not forced?

11. Offline

greycap

Nope they dont have any special permissions and registration is forced.
    However i was never affected by the bug and i guess i do have the "xauth.exluce" permission (due to admin's having * permission)

12. Offline

icoico

Xauth rules! Don't stop a-rockin'!

13. Offline

sonyusa

I have a problem where I'm using the MineQuest plugin by jmonk, if I have xauth running, it messes with the hit detection on his NPC's so they never react to 'talk' and hand out quests by hitting them. Is there any way to disable entity interaction modifications caused by this plugin? Thanks.

14. Offline

DJTza

Hey. I love the idea and really need this plugin, but...

When i log in, i get teleported underground, somewhere near my set spawn point, and nothing happens. I can move around, use commands and build. It doesn't ask me to do anything at all nor does it require me to register or log in. No errors in console either

Dj

15. Offline

CypherX

Alright, I'll look into it this weekend since tomorrow (actually, it's now today) is my last day of class.

Thanks!

Will look into this as well.

If you're using Permissions and have the '*' permission, you need to also give yourself '-xauth.exclude'. As for spawning underground, in the latest update I made it teleport everyone to the world's spawn point until they have logged in. Not sure why some players are getting teleported underground because of it unless that's where the spawn point specifically is, but for the next update I'm adding a way to set the location of where it teleports a player.

16. Offline

DJTza

Ah ok, I never configured permissions for it yet. Will do that shortly and reply

17. Offline

baldosa

After a successful log in i lose two hearts, i don't understand why.
    I'm using these plugins
    BedRespawn
    LightningControl
    SpawnCreature
    ContainerProtect
    Nethrar
    Essentials
    Permissions
    WormholeXTreme
    HeroicDeath
    PlayerList
    xAuth
    HigherExplosives
    SimpleAwaySleep

18. Offline

CypherX

Looking into for the next update.

On another note, my classes have finally ended so expect a lot more activity out of me. Version 1.2.5 should be out within a few days that will fix a bunch of things.

19. Offline

sonyusa

CypherX: any chance the hit detection protection could be toggled off in the next update or maybe priority lowered to let other plugins supercede it? :) I really want to have this play nice with MineQuest so my players can talk to NPC's and get their quests unlocked! Thanks!

20. Offline

CypherX

I'm looking into a fix for this for the next update, although it shouldn't be interfering with it if the player is logged in. All events are listened for on the lowest priority already except PLAYER_LOGIN and PLAYER_JOIN.

21. Offline

sonyusa

Ya it affects all users unfortunately even logged in ones :(

22. Offline

Ben91

23. Offline

Kevin Meister

Hey,
    I've tried the plugin on my Server, but when a player tries to register it says file not found. When I put the plugin out again all inventory of the players, but not the admins, is lost. The admins though get the same error "file not found" when trying to register.
    We're running craftbukkit 740

24. Offline

greycap

Code:
    23:29:49 [INFO] TonyPam lost connection: disconnect.quitting
    23:29:49 [INFO] Connection reset
    23:29:51 [INFO] Freed 28.853195190429688 MB.
    23:30:57 [WARNING] jefafa was kicked for floating too long!
    23:30:57 [WARNING] jefafa was kicked for floating too long!
    23:30:57 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_QUIT to xAuth
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at com.cypherx.xauth.xAuth.logout(xAuth.java:337)
            at com.cypherx.xauth.xAuthPlayerListener.onPlayerQuit(xAuthPlayerListener.java:69)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$2.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:212)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:59)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:257)
            at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.disconnect(ServerConfigurationManager.java:115)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.disconnect(NetServerHandler.java:98)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:325)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet10Flying.a(SourceFile:126)
    23:30:59 [INFO] Freed 405.9771194458008 MB.
    23:31:00 [INFO] Freed 60.291542053222656 MB.

25. Hello, thanks for your plugin, it's very useful !
    But is it possible to add the configuration var for choose if the players go to the respawn point before login ? Because they have to download the map twice, and some of players have some lag with that.
    And is it possible to keep the sessions after a reloading ? so the players havn't to login again if their session is not expired ?

Sorry if my english is bad, i am a french minecrafter :)
    Thanks a lot.
    Raphaël.

26. Offline

CypherX

Whoops, missed it, sorry. It's only supposed to print the "you must be logged in..." message when the player is attempting to do something without logging in and it's limited to once every 5 seconds, but I have noticed that it gets bugged and repeats it even if the player is standing still. It isn't really a big priority to fix right now, in fact, you're the first person to mention it.

Yes, it's the exact coordinates of the spawn for whatever world the player is in. Some people are having problems with it being underground and I have no idea why that is, but I'm working on something else for the next update.

Something is preventing xAuth from creating the necessary files on first run, try the zip instead of the jar.

@greycap - That's fixed in the next update.

I don't see why not, although it shouldn't cause a player to download the world twice since it just teleports them (unless it's caused by another plugin).

Persistence sessions through server restarts will be in xAuth 2. I'm trying to avoid any big changes in the current codebase and this would require a fairly large amount of modifying.

27. Offline

Ben91

Hello.

Thank you for the answer CypherX.

Sorry CypherX, I was wrong, it isn't 2 sec but 5 sec... (shame on me ! :mad:)

Between, I preferred when it appeared only when you try something like to move, to chat and so on... don't not what you and others think about this issue...

Cheers.

++

28. Offline

CoolOppo

Great plugin, now I won't have to wait for Mojang's pesky auth servers any more!

Anyways, is there a possibility that you could only make it show up that somebody joined the game only after they authorize? It is annoying when somebody is trying to say hi and you're typing your password.

29. Offline

Kevin Meister

Hi, thanks for the answer. The problem was we are running MCDocs, which defaultly assigns a command for a document called register.txt, so the command couldnt work for the plugin of course.

30. Offline

dragonhib

@CypherX
    Hi !
    "Players are now teleported to the spawn until they log in". is it possible to disable it ? On my server, people are not forced to register. So when they reconnect, they spawn at spawn, not at their last location...
    Thanks for this great and powerfull plugin :)

31. Offline

CypherX

That's a bug I've fixed for the next version. It'll no longer move them to the spawn if registration is not forced unless they are already registered. There will be an option to disable location protection as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.