Inactive [SEC] PermissionsPlus v3.2.5p - Alternative commands to modify Permissions in-game now w/MWS [1337]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by DigitalTyrant, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Offline

DigitalTyrant

PermissionsPlus - Adds ability to modify Permissions in-game

Updated: 10/6/2011
    Version: 3.2.5p [jar]
    CraftBukkit: [b1337jnks]
    Description:
    PermissionsPlus adds commands to allow administrators the ability to modify their Permissions config from within Minecraft client. The most complete Permissions editing plugin for Bukkit. Supports Multi-World. Updated for MultiPlay!​
    REQUIRES: Permissions 3.x - Permissions Thread

Includes: P2Aliases updated 10/6/2011

Get updates on TWITTER!

Installation and Usage information and Permissions nodes
    are available at Mymchost.com

Information:

It appears that I am not the only server admin that stuck to Permissions v2.7.4 so, I have released PermissionsPlusLegacy v2.4. It is a RB1000+ compatible version of PermissionsPlus v2.3. You can download this in the change log below.
    • You can specify multiple worlds separated using a comma. Do not use any spaces after the comma.
      Code:
      w:World1,World2,World3
    • You can specify all worlds using an asterisk.
      Code:
      w:*
    • You can specify multiple groups using commas for the /user -addgroup command.
      Code:
      /user -addgroup u:Username s:Group1,Group2,Group3
    • All Usernames and Groups can be shortened. You will be notified if more than one possible match is found.
      Code:
      digital = DigitalTyrant, adm = Administrator
    • With 2.x+ you must add the info variable 'rank' to your groups in order to enable promote, demote and some group functions. You can set this variable from within the game using the command:
      Code:
      /group -setinfo g:GroupName i:rank s:1-100+
                           or
                         /rankset GroupName 1-100+ world 
      The higher the number the higher the rank. Make sure you use i:rank and not i:Rank it is case-sensitive.
    • You can now set Promote and Demote limits. The Promote limit is the highest rank they can promote to. Demote limit is the highest limit that they can demote from. You can set these using the commands:
      Code:
      /group -setinfo g:GroupName i:dlimit s:50
                         /group -setinfo g:GroupName i:plimit s:75 
    If you use want to Permissions + PermissionsPlus while using Essentials plugins, make sure you do not have FakePermissions or EssentialsGroupBridge enabled.

Not sure how long this will be useful with Bukkit's upcoming Permissions system, but it allows the Moderators of my server to give new members access without having to modify the .yml file directly. I will continue development until the new Bukkit Permissions system has widely replaced Permissions plugin.
    Thanks to Nijikokun, original author of Permissions.

Thanks and Enjoy!

2. Offline

DigitalTyrant

What company are you using?

3. Offline

King Random

Brohoster.

4. Offline

DigitalTyrant

Never worked with them sorry :-/ I know there was a bit of work to get the plugin compatible with MultiPlay, another hosting company. But I think that even they are still having some issues

5. Offline

King Random

My world.yml is 0 bytes and says it is being used by another process every time I try to delete it.

I do have backups of it saved. I can't use them because I need to get rid of the old file first.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2016
  6. Offline

DigitalTyrant

you should be able to delete the file when you stop the server

7. Offline

King Random

It is stopped. This happend with a plugin that didn't intall properly a while ago.

8. Offline

DigitalTyrant

ah, I'd hit up an admin. They should be able to take care of it for you.

9. Offline

King Random

Okay thanks for the help.

10. Offline

DigitalTyrant

sorry we couldn't get it working for you :-(

11. Offline

Zaros

Getting an interesting error. Can't /promote
    Code:
     [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'promote' in plugin PermissionsPlus v2.1.1
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
            at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:85)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:278)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:682)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:645)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:639)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:32)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:196)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:372)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:287)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
            at net.codej.permissionsplus.PermissionsPlus.rankOf(PermissionsPlus.java:1230)
            at net.codej.permissionsplus.PermissionsPlus.onCommand(PermissionsPlus.java:997)
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
            ... 12 more
    > [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'promote' in plugin PermissionsPlus v2.1.1
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:682)
            at net.codej.permissionsplus.PermissionsPlus.rankOf(PermissionsPlus.java:1230)
            at net.codej.permissionsplus.PermissionsPlus.onCommand(PermissionsPlus.java:997)
    [SEVERE]: command not found
    root@citycraft:/minecraft/survival# org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'promote' in plugin PermissionsPlus v2.1.1
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException:: command not found
    root@citycraft:/minecraft/survival#         at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
    -bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('
    root@citycraft:/minecraft/survival#         at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:85)
    root@citycraft:/minecraft/survival#         at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:278)
    root@citycraft:/minecraft/survival#         at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:682)
    root@citycraft:/minecraft/survival#         at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:645)
    root@citycraft:/minecraft/survival#         at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:639)
    root@citycraft:/minecraft/survival#         at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:32)
    root@citycraft:/minecraft/survival#         at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:196)
    root@citycraft:/minecraft/survival#         at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
    root@citycraft:/minecraft/survival#         at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
    root@citycraft:/minecraft/survival#         at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:372)
    root@citycraft:/minecraft/survival#         at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:287)
    root@citycraft:/minecraft/survival#         at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)
    root@citycraft:/minecraft/survival# Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    Caused: command not found
    root@citycraft:/minecraft/survival#         at net.codej.permissionsplus.PermissionsPlus.rankOf(PermissionsPlus.java:1230)
    root@citycraft:/minecraft/survival#         at net.codej.permissionsplus.PermissionsPlus.onCommand(PermissionsPlus.java:997)
    root@citycraft:/minecraft/survival#         at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)

12. Offline

DigitalTyrant

whoa, that's different. Can you post your perms yml, I don't seem to be able to reproduce this error.

13. Offline

Zaros

http://pastebin.com/bPumnYjZ

14. Offline

Borito

Still "An internal error occured...." in Chat

and

Code:
    2011-05-15 13:59:57 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'user' in plugin PermissionsPlus v2.1.1
        at net.codej.permissionsplus.PermissionsPlus.onCommand(PermissionsPlus.java:705)
        ... 12 more

in console

15. Offline

DigitalTyrant

when you use the commands are you typing spaces after the u:? is should just be u:AssaultMan or whatever

16. Offline

JSMinecraft

Hey, awesome plugin to start off.
    In your latest plugins release you said we need to have rank so i added the rank number 1-20 in my 20 groups. Rank 1 lowest group to the highest group Admins. but I still get the message, not all the groups rank have been defined so some commands have been disabled etc... Why is this happening?

17. Offline

Zaros

So any fix for my issue? I've tried everything I can think of to solve it.

18. Offline

Kainzo

I didnt really see a way to change it so you can add or edit the prefix for this - is that possible?

19. Offline

DigitalTyrant

did you use in-game command or add them manually? Might try a /reload

did you remove the usernames for privacy purposes or is that your exact permissions yml?

You can do this using /group -setinfo i:suffix or /user -setinfo i:suffix same with prefix. colonp makes a smiley so i used suffix instead. same command tho, just swap suffix for prefix and use the g: or u: to define the user or group you want to set and s: for the string you want as the prefix or suffix.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

20. Offline

Kainzo

That makes sense - Its a little rough around the edges - how will this interface with Permissions 3.0? I have 50 or so groups and ranking them from 1-50 made me want to slap someone.

21. Offline

maetthew

I have been looking for exactly this but I am wondering if one of my moderators tries to make himself part of the Admin-group, will he be able to make him self admin?

22. Offline

JSMinecraft

The first three groups I used in-game command, but when I went to edit the permissions I realized that P2 added the "rank:0" under each group's info, therefore, I decided to edit them manually. Since it's 20 groups, it would be strenuous to be typing the command into the console again and again....... and again... I tried /reload several times.

23. Offline

DigitalTyrant

No, he will not be able to

Are you talking permissions 3.0 via multiplay?

Are you running your own server or do you have it hosted somewhere?

24. Offline

Kainzo

Yes, specifically the multi group aspect

25. Offline

DigitalTyrant

I have been working on Multiplay support but I do not have a server to test with so it makes it hard to develop fixes for bugs that multiplay users are finding.

26. Offline

JSMinecraft

I'm running my server through Hamachi on my PC, other than that the server is running on my PC, all the files all the plugins, etc...

27. Offline

DigitalTyrant

can you post your yml on Pastebin for me?

28. Offline

maetthew

Thanks alot, now I am switching from Yeditor to Permissions Plus because of this :)

Just curious, what the hell do you need 50 groups for? :)

29. Offline

Kainzo

You don't want to know :p

Mayor 1->4
    VIP1->6
    SIC1->4
    Whitelisters
    Guides
    Mods
    And more I may have missed.

30. Offline

Zaros

Removed them. I redid permissions completely and got rid of the error. Would you like a copy of the new so you can pinpoint the problem?

31. Offline

DigitalTyrant

yea, please.