Inactive [SEC] PermissionsPlus v3.2.5p - Alternative commands to modify Permissions in-game now w/MWS [1337]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by DigitalTyrant, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Offline

DigitalTyrant

PermissionsPlus - Adds ability to modify Permissions in-game

Updated: 10/6/2011
    Version: 3.2.5p [jar]
    CraftBukkit: [b1337jnks]
    Description:
    PermissionsPlus adds commands to allow administrators the ability to modify their Permissions config from within Minecraft client. The most complete Permissions editing plugin for Bukkit. Supports Multi-World. Updated for MultiPlay!​
    REQUIRES: Permissions 3.x - Permissions Thread

Includes: P2Aliases updated 10/6/2011

Get updates on TWITTER!

Installation and Usage information and Permissions nodes
    are available at Mymchost.com

Information:

It appears that I am not the only server admin that stuck to Permissions v2.7.4 so, I have released PermissionsPlusLegacy v2.4. It is a RB1000+ compatible version of PermissionsPlus v2.3. You can download this in the change log below.
    • You can specify multiple worlds separated using a comma. Do not use any spaces after the comma.
      Code:
      w:World1,World2,World3
    • You can specify all worlds using an asterisk.
      Code:
      w:*
    • You can specify multiple groups using commas for the /user -addgroup command.
      Code:
      /user -addgroup u:Username s:Group1,Group2,Group3
    • All Usernames and Groups can be shortened. You will be notified if more than one possible match is found.
      Code:
      digital = DigitalTyrant, adm = Administrator
    • With 2.x+ you must add the info variable 'rank' to your groups in order to enable promote, demote and some group functions. You can set this variable from within the game using the command:
      Code:
      /group -setinfo g:GroupName i:rank s:1-100+
                           or
                         /rankset GroupName 1-100+ world 
      The higher the number the higher the rank. Make sure you use i:rank and not i:Rank it is case-sensitive.
    • You can now set Promote and Demote limits. The Promote limit is the highest rank they can promote to. Demote limit is the highest limit that they can demote from. You can set these using the commands:
      Code:
      /group -setinfo g:GroupName i:dlimit s:50
                         /group -setinfo g:GroupName i:plimit s:75 
    If you use want to Permissions + PermissionsPlus while using Essentials plugins, make sure you do not have FakePermissions or EssentialsGroupBridge enabled.

Not sure how long this will be useful with Bukkit's upcoming Permissions system, but it allows the Moderators of my server to give new members access without having to modify the .yml file directly. I will continue development until the new Bukkit Permissions system has widely replaced Permissions plugin.
    Thanks to Nijikokun, original author of Permissions.

Thanks and Enjoy!

2. Offline

Kainzo

How does this handle multi-world support?

3. Offline

DoomBunnyPwn

Hey, If someone is not in the permissions file at all can it add them? That is the main thing I am looking for.

4. Offline

Kainzo

As the "top rank" I get the message " you cannot promote to or above your current rank "

556 / 2.5.4 / latest PP+
    http://pastebin.com/zgAivRqe
    config.yml (worldnameD)

5. Offline

Zaros

[​IMG]

6. Offline

DigitalTyrant

Yes.

What command are you using? What is the order of your ranks? --I do see a possible issue with the code, it's partially working, I will have a fix for this soon.

What command are you using? thanks for the perms file

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2016
  7. Offline

Kainzo

"/group Trinitydown mod"

8. Offline

DigitalTyrant

Bugs fixed, commands added. Enjoy v1.2

I see a potential issue looking closer at this. Permissions doesn't recognize ranks, I have programmed pecking order as lowest to highest, top to bottom. for example:
    User
    Mod
    Admin
    Would be guest<user<mod<admin, your ranks are reverse of this. hmm...

Fixed in v1.2

Fixed in v1.2

This has been implemented, Enjoy :-D

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

9. Offline

Zaros

Sorry, was at work. Fixed or not, I was using /group Zaros104 Admin
    (I was an owner)

Could it have done that since my owner class doesn't have any inheritance and therefore can't tell if it is higher or not?

Show Spoiler
    Code:
    groups:
        Guest:
            default: true
            info:
                prefix: '&a'
                suffix:
                build: true
            inheritance: 
            permissions: 

Donator:
            default: false
            info:
                prefix: '&b'
                suffix:
            inheritance:
            permissions: 

Moderator:
            info:
                prefix: '&b'
                suffix:
            inheritance:
            permissions: 

Admin:
            info:
                prefix: '&c'
                suffix:
            inheritance:
            permissions:

Owner:
            info:
                prefix: '&4'
                suffix:
            inheritance:

permissions:
                - '*'

users:
        Zaros104:
            group: Owner 
            permissions: []

10. Offline

DigitalTyrant

it ranks from top to bottom. It was a bug in the code and should be fixed in v1.2

11. Offline

Kainzo

So now its fixed for admin -> default?

I saw no reason doing it from default -> admin heh...

12. Offline

Shenlong

Would it be possible to add a command to add specific permissions to a single user? I would like to use this plugin along with CommandSigns to make quests/dungeons that reward the a player with new abilities without having to make a ton of groups and force them to do them in a specific order.

13. Offline

HotelErotica

Love it, I can actually let the server maintain itself again thanks so much :D

14. Offline

DigitalTyrant

Glad I can help :) I too was tired of having a list of users when I wake up that log on and bail never to come back because none of my moderators had console access to give them permissions. Now they help maintain users and are no longer frustrated in my absence.

15. Offline

SeanMalloy

22:44:56 [INFO] [PermissionsPlus] Unable to load Permissions plugin.
    22:44:56 [INFO] [PermissionsPlus] plugin has been disabled.

Any help? i just put the file into plug-ins. I'm new to running servers so i might need some care :p

16. Offline

DigitalTyrant

You need to download and install permissions 2.5.4 and it should work

17. Offline

c0mp

Does what it says on the box, and for that I thank you! Someone had asked about multi-world support a little further up and I didn't see any response.

I currently have a temporary guest world and a permanent member's world. The guest world is for weeding out users that we don't want on the server. When I run the /promote or /demote commands, it only works for the regular world permissions config file and I still have to modify the guest world's config file manually.

Am I missing something at this point? Or does the plugin not yet handle multiple worlds like this?

18. Offline

DigitalTyrant

Right now I don't have a multi-world server set up so I haven't done any testing. I am hoping to get one setup soon.

19. Offline

Frizkie

Are there any incompatibilities with CB 556? I REALLY need these commands but I've migrated everything to 556 from 493.

20. Offline

DigitalTyrant

not that I'm aware of, I am currently using 556 without any issues.

Make sure you upgrade your permissions to 2.5.4 if it is not already.

21. Offline

CuteFoxCat

oki anywhere to Download the Permission Plugin??

22. Offline

DigitalTyrant

The permissions plugin thread is here.

23. Any chance you could make this support multiworld? currently it doesn't seem to do so.
    I was in another world with the player i had to promote, but it still only promoted him in the main world (world.yml instead of the one for the world we were in)

If you make it require you to be in the world in question, or get it via another argument in the command, i don't really mind either, but i really need multiworld support :)

24. Offline

DigitalTyrant

Multi-world support is something I do intend on integrating, but I do not have a multi-world server at the moment. I am hoping to get one setup soon.

25. Offline

CuteFoxCat

26. Offline

Tealk

27. Offline

DigitalTyrant

What version of Permissions are you using?

I respectfully decline. This plugin is temporary and I'm sure will be either assimilated or replaced relatively soon.

28. Offline

Tealk

hmm ok if you mean^^

29. Mind releasing source so it can be updated?

30. Offline

DigitalTyrant

I am still maintaining this, I have an update in the works ATM. Are you having any issues?

31. Offline

Azur

Any changes I make to the permissions.yml file manually, get reverted whenever I use one of the commands like /promote or /group, any ideas why this is happening, or if it's not supposed to fix that are you able to fix it?