Inactive [SEC/MISC] Cenotaph 2.1.2 - A Dead Man's Chest plugin [1.2.5-R1.0/2149]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Southpaw018, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Offline

Southpaw018

Cenotaph - A Dead Man's Chest plugin
    Version: 2.1.2

Plugin Dependencies
    Lockette (Optional) OR LWC (Optional)

Cenotaph is a fork of the most excellent Tombstone by Drakia. As he has stopped development, I decided to take it up and add some features I wanted (and that some users on the forums have requested).

Download, Source, and Bug Reports/Feature Suggestions
    Download: http://www.moofit.com/minecraft/Cenotaph.jar
    Github: http://github.com/Southpaw018/Cenotaph

What's a Cenotaph?
    A Cenotaph is a monument to a dead person who is either buried elsewhere or whose body is not available for burial. If you think about it, it exactly fits the situation - there's no body, since you've respawned ;)

Features:
    When your players die, depending on how you have things set up, their items will be placed in a Dead Man's Chest for safekeeping. You can require that your players carry around chests and signs of their own at all times, or simply have the chests appear on death. You can also secure the chests with LWC3 or Lockette.

More specifically:
    Show Spoiler

• If the player is carrying a chest when they die, place that chest and fill it with as much of their inventory as possible
    • If the player is allowed, and is carrying two chests, a large chest will spawn to catch all of their inventory
    • Possible for specific groups/players to be given free chests with no need to carry one with them
    • Any items that won't fit in the chest will still drop to the ground!
    • Supports the Permissions plugin, will default to allowing everyone to use basic cenotaph if not available
    • Supports LWC for chest AND sign protection if it is installed
    • Supports Lockette for chest protection if it is installed
    • Configurable timeout for LWC unprotection
    • Configurable timeout for destruction of cenotaphs, works in unloaded chunks as well
    • Quickloot support, right click the sign on a cenotaph to loot all items in it (your chest only!)
    • Place a sign on top of the chest stating the players name and time of death
    • The ability to point your compass at your cenotaph
    • Customizable sign messages on the cenotaph
    • Admin commands for management

Coming Soon

See what's coming soon, report bugs, and add your own requests on the Github project!
    1.3: Initial public release, Lockette support
    1.4: General features and bug fixes, round 1
    1.5: Plugin organization
    1.6: Additional features
    2.0: Brought back from the dead after 5 months of inactivity, updated for Release
    2.1: Highly requested features
    2.2: Major cleanup, Towny integration
    2.3: Economy integration
    2.4: More feature requests

Configuration
    See the default config file on Github for annotations and explanations.

Config notes
    • If you are going to be giving your players a free chest/sign, but don't want them to be able to retrieve those as extra items, set the noDestroy option in the Cenotaph config file.
    • If you do set the noDestroy option, it is highly recommended that you set a timeout for Cenotaph removal, because even once LWC is disabled the chest is still not destroyable by any means other than quicklooting it or an admin with permissions breaking it.
    • With noDestroy enabled, if a player dies without a sign, then their chest will be indestructible until it is removed by Cenotaph itself.
    • It is not recommended to use the noDestroy option without the destroyQuickLoot option
    Permissions

Show Spoiler
    cenotaph.use - Allow the player/group to use the cenotaph plugin
    cenotaph.freechest - Allow the player to get a chest whether they are carrying a chest or not
    cenotaph.large - Allow the player to spawn a large chest if carrying two chests and if one will fit
    cenotaph.lwc - Protect the placed chest if LWC is enabled
    cenotaph.lockette - Protect the placed chest if Lockette is enabled
    cenotaph.sign - Whether the player gets a sign on their cenotaph chest
    cenotaph.freesign - Allow the player to get a free sign whether they are carrying one or not.
    cenotaph.freelockettesign - Give the player an additional free sign for Lockette
    cenotaph.quickloot - Whether to allow a player/group to quickloot by right clicking the cenotaph sign.
    cenotaph.cmd.cenotaphlist - Allow this user to use /cenlist
    cenotaph.cmd.cenotaphfind - Allow this user to use /cenfind
    cenotaph.cmd.cenotaphtime - Allow this user to use /centime
    cenotaph.cmd.cenotaphreset - Allow this user to use /cenreset

cenotaph.admin - Allow this user to physically destroy others' cenotaphs. Also a prerequisite for use of the other admin commands
    cenotaph.admin.list - Allow this user to see all cenotaphs
    cenotaph.admin.find - Allow this user to find any cenotaph
    cenotaph.admin.time - Allow this user to check the time left on any cenotaph
    cenotaph.admin.remove - Allow this user to destroy any cenotaph

Credits
    @Drakia: Cenotaph was originally Tombstone, by Drakia (TheDgtl). Many thanks to him for his hard work on the original plugin.
    @Acru: Thanks to Acru, the developer of Lockette, as well. His help getting the Lockette integration working as I stumbled by way though picking up Java was invaluable. :)

Commands
    Show Spoiler

/cenlist - List all your cenotaphs
    /cenfind <index> - Gives you a direction from your current location to your cenotaph and sets your compass to point at it
    /centime <index> - Tells you how much time is left before the specified cenotaph has its protection remove or it breaks
    /cenreset - Reset compass to point to spawn

/cenadmin list - List all players who have cenotaphs spawned
    /cenadmin list <playerCaseSensitive> - List all cenotaphs belonging to <player>
    /cenadmin find <playerCaseSensitive> <index> - Show details on <player>'s cenotaph <index>
    /cenadmin remove <playerCaseSensitive> <index> - Destroys <player>'s cenotaph <index> and drops its contents on the ground
    /cenadmin time <playerCaseSensitive> <index>
    /cenadmin version - Show current version of Cenotaph and check for a new version

Changelog:
    Version 2.1.2
    *Optimized break override options (keepUntilEmpty and breakWhenEmpty)
    *Add death messages for beta 1.8 monsters (Finally...yikes. Sorry, everyone.)
    *Work around an error caused by missing or invalid deathMessage entries (Thanks, ffkhrocks)
    Version 2.1.1
    *Fix issue loading .db save files from pre-2.1 versions (Thanks, Inscrutable)
    Version 2.1
    *Added option for level-based time removal
    *Added requirement for Lockette sign to be carried in inventory (free sign permission available)
    *Added option to disable in specific worlds by name
    Show Spoiler

Version 2.0
    *Updated listeners to new Bukkit API
    *Updated config to new Bukkit API
    *Removed support for Nijikokun's old Permissions plugin
    *Updated to latest LWC API
    *Added cenadmin reload command
    Version 1.6.6
    *Fixed NullPointerException when using defaults for deathMessages instead of the values in the config file
    *Added config check to /cenadmin version
    *Fixed bug with break messages always displaying at original timeout when quicklooted
    Version 1.6.5
    *Fixed a few additional bugs
    *Fixed conflict with Spout under CB1060
    Version 1.6.4
    *Add Bukkit Superperms
    *Remove deprecated Bukkit method getFace()
    *Merging some of Drakia's recent Tombstone fixes
    -Fix clearing of player's cenotaph list on quickloot
    -Fix LWC API error
    Version 1.6.3
    *Customizable death messages for signs
    *Customizable time and date formats for signs
    Version 1.6.2
    *Option to remove cenotaphs once they are empty, regardless of other settings
    *Option to keep cenotaphs UNTIL they are empty, regardless of other settings
    *Fixed bug allowing players to break into Lockette-protected cenotaphs
    Version 1.6.1
    *Security options now apply to both Lockette and LWC (requires config.yml update)
    *New command: /centime, /cenadmin time
    Version 1.6.0
    *Updated for Craftbukkit RB1000
    *Fixed customizable signs
    *Added admin commands
    Version 1.5.4
    *Customizable signs (Thanks to @Drakia for his death cause code)
    Version 1.5.3
    *Re-enable compass integration (Thanks, @Zarius!)
    *Build against Craftbukkit RB953
    *Build against LWC 3.3
    *Build against Permissions 3
    Version 1.5.2
    *Fix bug causing Cenotaph to throw an error on enable if the folder containing config.yml did not exist
    *Fix bug where the Void check was only working if the player died in the Void above the world and not below
    Version 1.5.1
    *Fix bug allowing a free sign if Lockette sign was broken off a chest
    Version 1.5.0
    *Fix config file handling - no more needless file overwrites
    *Gracefully handle missing or invalid config files by downloading a fresh commented copy
    *Create config file versioning system to avoid errors with updates
    Version 1.4.4
    *Added config version check
    *Final 1.4 release
    Version 1.4.3
    *Basic protection against creeper explosions, disabled by default
    Version 1.4.2
    *Option to disable the void check for servers that have other plugins to handle it
    *Minor code changes
    Version 1.4.1
    *Now checks for updates on server startup
    Version 1.4.0
    *Do not attempt to create chests in the Void
    Version 1.3.2
    *Configuration cleanup and changes, bug fixes for initial public release
    Version 1.3.1
    *Add Lockette support
    Version 1.3
    *Convert from Tombstone to Cenotaph

2. Offline

LlmDl

Another request:

Could you make the lockette signs remove themselves after 24 hours?

3. Offline

Southpaw018

Configurable Lockette timeout will be coming in 1.5.

LlmDl likes this.
  4. Offline

Shooty

Can we disable the 'VOID option' because i have an other plugin for that :)

5. removetime is in seconds or miliseconds ?

6. Offline

Southpaw018

I'll add an option for that. Won't have much coding time for the next few days, though.
    Seconds. :)

7. Offline

wassilij

Bukkit 818:

8. Offline

Southpaw018

@wassilij Yep, that's a definite bug on my end. There's something going wrong with the Lockette sign, and I'm not properly handling the error case. Thanks for the bug report :)

Did that error happen once, or repeatedly? Did Lockette protection work at all on your server? Trying to track down the source of interference or failure.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  9. Offline

Southpaw018

New version published, 1.4.2: Option to disable Void check (request from @Shooty), initial attempts at tracking down the bug @wassilij reported.

10. Offline

Shooty

Thanks i love you soooo much :)

11. Offline

Southpaw018

Aww, shucks. You're not so bad yourself, you know! ;)

12. Offline

xenofixus

Much obliged; just what I was looking for :D

13. Offline

ZeroPoke

I was checking out your plugin and stuff and I noticed you said Drakia isnt updating Tombstone *points below*
    That isn't true, he continues to maintain and add new features rarely but he does. I better choice of words might be Stop taking user feature requests :p

14. Offline

Southpaw018

Cenotaph is tentatively compatible with Craftbukkit 860. I need to do further testing before I give you an official promotion.

15. Well, I died using #860 and it worked just fine, spawned chest, I clicked, it gave me the stuff.

16. Offline

Southpaw018

Well, that's always a good sign :D Thanks for the report - I've been unable to get away for any coding or playtime so far today.

17. Offline

Shooty

@Southpaw018 hey i have an other idea, for the best plugin ever :p > can we editing the sign ? For exemple, i don't need the 'time' on sign, i just want 'Clique right on sign' (for exemple ;) ) Or other editable feature... sure !
    And an other idea > When the chest is in water, i would like (when i right click on the sign and the chest disappear) the water reappear, is possible :D ? Thanks :) !

18. Offline

Zarius

Hmm... this can be dangerous. I had another plugin that does this and the update server was down for a bit. The plugin kept trying to contact the update address and failing which lagged my restart/reloads incredibly.

19. Offline

Southpaw018

I have both of these features planned. :)

Cenotaph will gracefully fail if it cannot contact the update server. Additionally, it will only attempt to check once on startup, so even if something goes wrong and Java throws an exception I didn't think of, the plugin will simply continue loading normally. :)

20. Offline

Zarius

Cool :)

btw: the /tombfind & compass thing is easy, it's actually in the tombstone code already, just a single line commented out. I changed the following line to advise players to use /tombreset to reset the compass.
    Code:
                p.setCompassTarget(tBlock.getBlock().getLocation());
                sendMessage(p, "Your tombstone #" + args[0] + " is to the " + getDirection(degrees) +". Compass set, use /tombreset to point compass to spawn again.");

I would have pulled your code and done a push request but I didn't want the void/no chest feature :D Patched this for my server and the compass works fine in RB860.

21. Offline

Southpaw018

Whoa! Thanks!! I'll roll that into the version after the next. :D

Also, forgot to mention: if you really, really don't like the update check, you can turn it off in the config. (I've seen elsewhere in the forums where some privacy-minded folks didn't like went apesh*t over update checks, so I included that option for them.)

You can also turn the void check off in the config. Check the default, commented file here:
    https://github.com/Southpaw018/Cenotaph/blob/master/config.yml

That'll get overwritten once you load Cenotaph, though. I'm going to rewrite that code later so you can keep the comments.

Version 1.4.4 is up. 1.4.3 added basic protection against Creeper explosions to the chest. You can turn that on if you are not using Lockette or LWC to protect chests, or if you have them set to unlock and you want them to remain safe from Creepers after they do. 1.4.4 added some prep work for coming changes in 1.5.

Don't have time to update the main post at the moment. Will get it a bit later. :)

...and 1.5.0 is up. Config file handling is much gentler now. Instead of clobbering the entire thing and overwriting it wholesale each time it is loaded, we now check its status. If it's broken or missing, we download the latest off Github; if it's old, we use the values that are in it and load defaults for the rest.

WARNING: IF YOU ARE UPGRADING FROM Cenotaph v1.3.x or v1.4.x to v1.5, YOUR CONFIG FILE WILL BE OVERWRITTEN.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

22. Offline

Zarius

Hmm... could this cause an issue if you change something in the config file on gitHub later on and someone is still running this version of Cenotaph? If they remove or break the config file it'll update from gitHub and potentially break their server. Also maybe an issue if you later decide to change a default setting and the admin was expecting the old default values.

Can the default config file be shipped in the jar file and used from there (have seen a couple of other plugins do this)?

Oh, and glad void tombs can be re-enabled and auto-update-check can be disabled, might check out the plugin later and see how it goes :)

23. Offline

heromedel

I have tried as hard I can and cannot find the config file anywhere, The plugin is installed and tested / working. Permissions are set up. I have read default file on git hub or whatever. I have even repeatedly read everything on this page and searched the comments and even tried using google but I cant find any info on where the config file is located. My only other idea is too make a cenotaph folder in plugins and put my own config file in it and hope that it finds it.

What am I actually trying to do right now is set it too where if you are allowed a free chest and sign that the chest will eventualy dissaper after being looted. I think most of everything else I needed done I managed with permissions.

Edit: I keep thinking it should have made itself and been in the plugins folder like the other plugins.

24. Offline

Southpaw018

Erm. It certainly should have. Sorry about that. :eek: Java or Bukkit didn't throw any errors? Does Cenotaph say that it's downloading the default config every time you boot the server?

I'll investigate as soon as I can. Might be a few days. I'm also going to try implementing Zarius's suggestion of just packaging it locally, so we'll see from there.

In the meantime, you can create the Cenotaph folder inside your plugins folder and save the default config.yml to it. I'm honestly sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you for trying to resolve the issue yourself before posting - that means a lot. Seriously :)

25. Offline

heromedel

I guess I should have done this earlier but
    I loaded up my server to see what it says while starting and got,

"Cenotaph 1.5.0 is enabled
    Cenotaph using permissions v3.1.5
    Cenotaph configuration error or no config file found. Downloading default config file...
    Warning Cenotaph error accessing default config file URL: java.io.filenotfoundexception: plugins\Cenotaph\config.yml (the system cannot find the path specified)
    Cenotaph is up to date"

In case it matters I'm running windows vista, I think 32bit or whatever

Edit: I made my own config file and on starting the error messages are gone

26. Offline

Southpaw018

Wonderful. Thank you for the help. I'll fix that bug next time I have some coding time.

27. Offline

tylerthanson

Having a small issue - when Cenotaph is loaded I get the following warning (bolded) in the console. Actual impact on the game is unknown at present, testing shows that both Cenotaph and Essentials are working without issue, but I just wanted to make sure you were aware of this in case there are future issues.

This affected me on Essentials 2.3.1, and the error message seems to imply an out of date version, so I upgraded to 2.3.3 with no change in the console output. Removing Cenotaph alleviates this completely.

Fixed it, appeared to just need an updated to the Essentials.jar file with the dependencies for iConomy. Don't know why your plugin triggered this. Fix can be found here: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/ge...on-of-useful-commands-and-features-860.15312/under "Known Bugs in 2.3".

28. Offline

jonilaht

/tomblist and /tombfind wont do anything, am I missing something here?

I should have all permissions (admin).

29. Offline

Ratchet

thanks for forking this and adding lockette support (although I already switched to LWC! dangit.)

couple things;
    downloading the config didn't work I had to pull it off github

also I too have problems with tombfind (never worked for me on tombstone either)

30. Hey Nice plugin i do love this plugin a lot. It would be nice if you would add it so you can disable it on muti worlds though with MultiVerse. We have a world with all different pvp arenas and there is chest all over the place and yeah it world be really cool if you could like disable dead mans chest just for the pvp world(s)

31. Offline

Ratchet

hey southpaw.
    small bug(?) Cenotaphs aren't removed properly from a protected WorldGuard region, any way you can fix this on your end?