Inactive [SEC, MECH] Scavenger v1.4.0 - Item Recovery on Death (Permissions, iConomy 4 & 5) [1.1-R4]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by SirHedgehog, May 8, 2011.

1. Offline

SirHedgehog

Scavenger: v1.4.0
    Reliable item recovery on death.

Latest Download: v1.4.0 (Source)
    Unzip, copy the contents into your "plugins" folder and reload your server.

Older releases: v1.3.0 (953) v1.2.0 (818) v1.1.0 (740) v1.0.0 (740)

Description:
    This gives you your items back directly after you die so there is no need to pick them up again, assuming you have the correct permissions set.

This is much more stable than NoDrop and other competitors I have seen (no dupe bug, no loss of items on logout during death).

Permissions Integration:
    Here are the permissions that you should allow for certain actions:
    • scavenger.*
      • Grants permission to use all current and future Scavenger functionality.
    • scavenger.scavenge
      • Grants permission to recover items on death.
      • If this is not applied to the user or user group, items will drop normally.
    • scavenger.free
      • Prevents any scavenger charges from being applied.
    You can also just use *

Coming Soon:
    • Ability to configure what is dropped and what is recovered.
    Changelog:
    • v1.4.0
      • A charge to restore a player's inventory can now be configured.
      • Supports iConomy 4 and 5.
    • v1.3.0
      • Changed the code to discard duplicate scavenges rather than using the duplicate.
      • The Scavenger notifications can now be disabled.
    • v1.2.0
      • Changed code to use my Bukkit pull request which allows slot-by-slot recovery of items (requires 766+).
    • v1.1.0
      • Added armour restoration and protection against inventory overflow.
    • v1.0.0
      • Initial release.

2. Offline

Kohle

Could you possibly add a command to toggle weather it will save your inventory or not? So if your inventory was full of junk you could turn scavenger off and jump into lava. :p Would be mighty helpful.

3. Offline

RugRats

i do think tat woud be help ful. hope fully he'l ad ti.

4. Offline

dak393

commandbook, "/clear"

5. Offline

RugRats

And for the people that use essentials and don't want to type /clearinventory ?

6. Offline

dak393

pff essentials, for them I feel sorry for their plugin choice (by default "/clear" only clears the inventory not the items in your bar :) "/clear -a" for all)

7. Offline

RugRats

Lol just who cares. He should add it.

8. Offline

Kohle

Yes, (you were talking about toggling Scavenger, right?) I think he should add a command to toggle whether or not it saws your inventory.

9. Offline

mugabuga

Does this work with CB1000?

10. Offline

RugRats

Man you ignored my comment with the bad grammar. Your not a Grammar Nazi..

11. Offline

dak393

"You're" :p

12. Offline

RugRats

Finally someone... paid enough attention to say something about that.

13. Offline

Kohle

I've learned that bitching about peoples grammar can really piss someone off, so I try to ignore grammatical errors. Of course, if I am in a grumpy mood, I will bitch about grammar all I want. :p

14. Offline

Xordaii

Do you plan to or have you already updated this to be able to use PermissionsBukkit? Not nagging, just asking if it is planned or already compatible. I do like this plugin a lot!

edit: also, does anyone use this with MultiInv?

15. Offline

excalibr23

Still work with 1060?

Anyone know if theres a similar plugin that does the same thing? This one bugs out and looses my players inventories sometimes.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2016
  16. Offline

pandapipino

yeah same here :(

17. Offline

Danton1983

only half works with 1060 appears to be inactive

Playerlives is a plugin i used to use prior to this one. i think ill go back to it.

18. Offline

Pim1234

hmmm playerlives? i was checking to see wether there's a new version out and i am disappointed that there is not because this is 1 pile of bugs, this plugin keeps me pretty busy with giving back all the inventories like promised.

does anyone else have the problem with client crash upon respawn or do i have to look somewhere else for that?

19. Offline

pandapipino

not to disrespect but I love your plugin can you update this to 1060 ? I want the feature that specify what to drop on inventory.

20. Offline

Doc

Using:
    Bukkit 1060
    Multiverse 2.0
    MultiInv 2.3.2
    Scavenger 1.4.0

Scenario:
    Player in subworld dies. (inventory is separate from world and subworld)
    Inventory Saved
    Player is sent to /home or /spawn
    Player now looses inventory from world, and is replaced with inventory from subworld.

This isnt good because in our scenario the users can spawn anyting they want in subworld so its a hack to transport goods to the main world. (diamonds etc)

Is it possible to make this plugin become MultiInv aware, OR turn off Scavenger for subworld?

-Doc

21. Offline

CosmicVoyager

Greetings,

I would like to turn off the messages from Scavenger. How can I do that?

All I want is for items to transparently be kept.

Thanks

22. Offline

Loathsome

1.8 ready?

23. Offline

pandapipino

mySQL support to prevent inventory loss

24. Offline

wassilij

Good plugin!
    Its working with CraftBukkit 1240 without errors :)

Suggestion:
    When a user is killed by an other user the items drop. (for pvp purposes)

25. Offline

dmitlantis

great plugin! Thanx for that! I've seek out a lot of plug-ins for inventory saving with permissions support and I never expected to find some working normally.

26. Offline

Xarniia

feature request:
    Some sort of group based payment would be nice. Trusted users should pay less then the new ones.
    scavenger.groupname for example

27. Offline

Liquiddump

Hello! I am having trouble with this plugin: it stopped working when I updated bukkit to recommended build #1317. Could need to be updated, or it could be my fault, lol. Will someone please confirm that this plugin works for their bukkit build #1317? Thanks in advance!

28. Offline

wassilij

Hmm .. for me this plugin is working with Craftbukkit #1317

29. Offline

Liquiddump

Cool, thanks for the response! Now I know that it is either my configuration, or the fact that I am using iConomy 6.

wassilij likes this.
  30. Offline

ParadoXz

just tested your plugin and its awesome! apart from 1 thing you need to add the option if you want to get your inv back or not just give it back regardless

and also sometimes i get this error

Code:
    2011-10-16 23:19:12 [SEVERE] Could not pass event ENTITY_DEATH to Scavenger
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/nijiko/coelho/iConomy/iConomy
        at me.ryall.scavenger.economy.IConomyFourAdapter.canAfford(IConomyFourAdapter.java:32)
        at me.ryall.scavenger.economy.EconomyManager.charge(EconomyManager.java:56)
        at me.ryall.scavenger.system.RestorationManager.collect(RestorationManager.java:35)
        at me.ryall.scavenger.listeners.EntityListener.onEntityDeath(EntityListener.java:23)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$62.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:677)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:338)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerDeathEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:300)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityPlayer.die(EntityPlayer.java:158)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityLiving.damageEntity(EntityLiving.java:469)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityHuman.damageEntity(EntityHuman.java:583)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityPlayer.damageEntity(EntityPlayer.java:200)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityMonster.c(EntityMonster.java:92)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityMonster.a(EntityMonster.java:98)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityCreature.c_(EntityCreature.java:69)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityLiving.s(EntityLiving.java:788)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityMonster.s(EntityMonster.java:27)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityZombie.s(EntityZombie.java:30)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityLiving.s_(EntityLiving.java:280)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityMonster.s_(EntityMonster.java:31)
        at net.minecraft.server.World.entityJoinedWorld(World.java:1193)
        at net.minecraft.server.WorldServer.entityJoinedWorld(WorldServer.java:48)
        at net.minecraft.server.World.playerJoinedWorld(World.java:1175)
        at net.minecraft.server.World.cleanUp(World.java:1090)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:460)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:374)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:417)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.nijiko.coelho.iConomy.iConomy
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:36)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:24)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        ... 27 more
    EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2016
  31. Offline

WimFris

What permission system are you supporting¿ it doesn't seem to work for me, I don't lose money and i do lose my items, i use PermissionsBukkit 1.2