Inactive [SEC/MECH/ECON] Residence v2.4.2 - Self serve area protection system! Buy/Sell Land! Economy! [1185]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by bekvon, Mar 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

bekvon

MOVED TO DEV BUKKIT:
    [​IMG]
    News

v2.4.2 Released - 9/24/2011​
    See the change log for details.​
    Everyone using PermissionsEx, Essentials, or anything else besides the regular permissions plugin or PermissionsBukkit should add or change this in their config under the Global section:
    LegacyPermissions: true
    As of 2.4.0 the bPermissions plugin is supported directly.​
    As of 2.3.7 the PermissionsBukkit plugin is supported directly.​
    This support is not done through the new built in Permissions that bukkit provides, because there is no way to get a players group using the built in methods. However, by supporting this directly, you can now use the new permissions system while still keeping Residence, and not having to use old permissions at all anymore.​

Latest Recommended Build
    Version: v2.4.2
    Download: Residence

Latest Development Build
    Latest Snapshot: Residence.jar
    Latest Config: config.yml

Links
    Developer API: Wiki
    GitHub Source: GitHub
    DevBukkit Project Page: DevBukkit

[​IMG]

Contributors:
    Daniel Few (Wiki)​
    Linaks (Residence Logo)​
    SirHedgehog (Code)
    GSValore (Code)​
    Samkio (Wiki Video)​
    JustinGuy (Code)​

Addons:
    Residence Signs (by KarnEdge)​

NOTE: All Residence usage information has been moved to the wiki!

About:
    Residence is different from most protection plugins in that it aims for the users to be able to protect their own homes without having to bother the admin to do it. Residence has support for a variety of different protection types including preventing movement through areas, all of which can be configured by the land owner, and limited by the admin.​
    Features:
    Features (open)

• Allows players to define protected areas for themselves.
    • Individual permissions for each protected area. Land owner can give / deny permissions globally or to other specific players.
    • Different permissions per land include: move, build, use, pvp, fire, teleport, monsters spawn, damage prevention
    • Support for group permissions on protections.
    • Multi-World support.
    • Teleport system to allow users to teleport to residences.
    • Collision detection system to prevent residences from overlapping.
    • Limits to protected size can be set up by the admin.
    • Limits to number of protected areas per player can be set.
    • Two ways to select land including using the select command, or using a item to select 2 points.
    • Messages when you enter / leave a residence. (customizable)
    • Land "leasing" system which requires users to renew the lease on their protection every X number of days or loose the protection. (off by default, see config file)
    • Recursive Sub-zoning. Create zones within zones, and then zones within those zones...
    • TONS of configuration for admins. Customize every single flag that players can or cannot use in the config file, based on their permissions group.
    • (Optional) IConomy support, can set up cost per X number of blocks protected.
    • (Optional) Permissions support.
    • In-game help / commands descriptions

ChangeLog
    v2.4.2
    • Fix bug affecting some people with the new save system
    v2.4.1
    • Support for iConomy 6
    • Prevent enderman from messing with blocks in residences with the -build flag.
    • Paintings are now protected properly (Thanks JustinGuy!)
    • Fix Rent auto-renew bug.
    • Fix other miscellaneous small bugs.
    ChangeLog (open)

v2.4.0
    • Support for bPermissions
    • Add "/res pset <residence> [player] removeall" command to remove all flags for that player
    • Added console only command "/resworld remove [world]" to remove all residences in a world.
    • "/res remove" now requires confirmation using the "/res confirm" command, before removing a residence.
    • Fixed subzone flag.
    • Fixed a few null pointer exceptions related to the "/res message" command, and a few other issues with it as well.
    • Fixed few cosmetic rent message bugs.
    • Fixed few mispellings...
    v2.3.9
    - Added name filter to Residences to prevent characters that mess up YML from being used. This should fix many of the errored YML files that people have been getting.
    - Fixed arrow damage in no-pvp zones (bug introduced in the Residence 1060 update).
    - Added a "Permissions Group" line of text into /res limits, this will show your Permissions group as reported by Residence.

v2.3.8
    - Fixes to better handle the piston flag, and world "flow" flags (thx JustinGuy :) )
    - "Use" flag now covers trap doors.
    - Lease renewal can now be pulled from the Residence's bank.
    - Buying a residence now causes the default flags to be set for the user who is buying it.
    - Minor fixes to new PermissionsBukkit support (fix message about permissions not being detected when it actually was)
    - Added a few miscellaneous forgotten commands to the in-game Residence help.

v2.3.7
    • Added direct support for PermissionsBukkit (doesn't go through the bukkit API)
    • Added LegacyPermissions true/false config option.
    v2.3.6
    • Support for residence.admin and residence.create permission nodes using new permission system.
    • Recommend using SuperPermsBridge or something that ensures backwards compatibility with old permissions.
    • Few permission changes to hopefully make it work better.
    v2.3.5
    • Fix for firespread flag with CB1000.
    • Added "piston" flag.
    v2.3.4
    • Fixes for CB1000
    • Fixes for a few minor bugs, and for concurrent modification issue with the Lease Manager.
    v2.3.3
    • Removed subzone list from /res info, and gave it its own command that supports multiple pages, /res sublist <residence> <page>
    • If the save file errors, it will now be preserved rather then overwritten, it will be renamed res-ERRORED.yml, the plugin will now disable itself upon error as well unless the StopOnSaveFault option in the config is set to false.
    • Fixed non-working per-world flags.
    • Fixed a few message bugs.
    • Add /resadmin removeall <player> admin command to remove all residences owned by a player.
    v2.3.2
    • Changed MaxUpDown in the default config to 128...
    • Fixed issue with /res vert still selecting more then the MaxUpDown allowed.
    v2.3.1
    • Fixed a few initial issues with a couple language localization messages.
    • Removed area list from /res info, use /res area list [residence] or /res area listall [residence] now.
    v2.3
    • New language localization system, upon first run v2.3 will create a Languages folder under your Residence config folder with the default English.yml file.
    • New in-game help system. (part of the new language localization system)
    • All commands now run without admin privileges unless you specify /resadmin before.
    • Added config option to allow rented residences to be modifiable. (PreventRentModify option)
    • Fixes to improve compatibility with Permissions 3.X
    • /res listall now has pages
    • Added the "physics" flag to control block movement. (separated from the flow flag more like)
    • New ResidenceTPEvent, and ResidenceRentEvent API events
    • Fixed residences not being properly removed from lease / rent system, upon deletion.
    • Fixed bug related to default group option in the config.
    • Fixed global "container" flag bug.
    • Fixed some NPE's related to explosions.
    • Added /resload command to load the save file after you make changes to it (UNSAFE, as it does not save residences first, and so you may loose new residences that were just created)
    v2.2
    • Added per residence Blacklist/Ignorelists that will allow you to specify certain block types to be ignored from residence protections, or unable to be placed in residences.
    • Added Server owned land, use /resadmin server <residence> to change the owner to "Server Owned"
    • Added global Ignorelists which allow certain block types to become unprotectable for the whole world / for a specific user group.
    v2.1.3
    • Fixed a couple bugs with the lease system, including being enabled when it shouldn't be and the lease auto-renew option.
    v2.1.2
    • Added "/res area replace" command, allows you to resize / move a physical area. If the new area is bigger, it will only charge you for the difference in size.
    • Added 'waterflow' and 'lavaflow' flags which override the flow flag if set.
    • Fixed a bug causing money to still be charged when failing to add a area to a residence.
    v2.1.1
    • Fix case sensitivity bug in rent system.
    v2.1
    • BOSEconomy support.
    • Essentials Economy support.
    • RealShop Economy support.
    • Added the 'place' and 'destroy' flags, which if used overrule the 'build' flag. These allow you to give only block placement permissions in a certain area, or only block destroy permissions.
    • /res check [residence] [flag] <player> command, this command evaluates if <player> is affected by [flag] at [residence]. You can leave off <player> and it will use your name.
    • Added a LeaseAutoRenew config option, that will cause leases to automatically renew so long as the player has the money to do so. Note that, if economy is disabled this doesn't work, as there would be no point to leases. Needs Testing! :)
    • Global FlagPermission config section, that allows you to give permission to use a flag to all groups, useful for the build / move / use flag that you almost definitely want everyone to have access to. Flags under each individual group will overrule these.
    • You can now set a limits on how deep or how high protections can go into the group, using each groups MinHeight and MaxHeight settings.
    • /res select sky, and /res select bedrock commands, these auto adjust to the above mentioned MinHeight and MaxHeight settings, so it won't select into a area you can't protect.
    • Rent system implemented.
    • Many bug fixes, including proper creeper explosion prevention now. Also, fixed some bugs when renaming residences.
    • New healing flag.
    • The monsters flag has been split up into "animals" and "monsters" now.
    • New Developer API, including custom Bukkit events.
    • New Global CreatorDefault / GroupDefault / ResidenceDefault flag sections to help clean up the Groups section, and remove redundant flags.
    • Probably some other minor things I've forgot :)
    v2.0
    - Residence 2.0 now in alpha testing, core code has been mostly rewritten.​
    - Supports multiple areas per residence using '/res area <add/remove>' commands.​
    - Added new selection commands '/res select expand' and '/res select shift'​
    - Added Predefined permission lists that can be applyed to residences.​
    - Enter / Leave messages now support %player, %owner and %area variables.​
    - Config file has been cleaned up and most things are better named.​
    - Should be fixed to work with newer iConomy versions.​
    - Save system now only uses yml as save format.​
    - Save system wont corrupt the whole file if one residences gets corrupted, you just loose that one residence.​
    - When a residence changes owner, flags are set to default for that owner.​
    - Added '/res default' command to manually reset flags to default.​
    - Released source code for v2.0​

v1.2.8 - BETA
    - Fixed broken flag setting permissions.​

v1.2.7 - BETA
    - Fixed chests being able to be opened from outside protected area.​
    - Fixed enter/leave message (hopefully)​
    v1.2.6 - BETA
    - Updated for CB 612 / Minecraft 1.4​
    v1.2.5 - BETA
    - Fixed tiny bug in saving messages.​
    - yml is now the default save format because its more reliable.​

v1.2.4 - BETA
    - Fixed bug related to fire / ignite event.​
    - Added ability to remove enter / leave messages​

v1.2.3 - BETA
    - Added a optional different save system, you can now save residences in pure YML format (same format as config files). See the config file for how to enable.​

v1.2.2 - BETA
    - Fixed TP bug.​

v1.2.1 - BETA
    - Fixed bug in new saving system.​

v1.2 - BETA
    - New save system, will attempt to auto-convert from old system.
    - Fixed some permission bugs when not using permissions plugin.​
    - OPs are now residence admins when not using permissions.​
    - Fixed collisions detection issues related to having multiple worlds.​
    - Added global pvp setting.​
    - Added a "flow" flag to control water/lava flow in residences.​
    v1.1.9 - BETA
    - Fixed a severe bug when not using permissions.​

v1.1.8 - BETA
    - Fixed a subzone bug.​
    v1.1.7 - BETA
    - Added ability to buy and sell land using /res market commands.​
    - Added a land leasing system which can be configured to expire protections if they are not renewed after a period of time. See the /res lease command. (this is off by default, turn it on and customize it in the config)​
    - Implemented a Auto-Save interval. Saves residence areas every X minutes.​
    - Fixed minor onBlockIgnite error.​
    - Added a few admins commands using /resadmin.​

v1.1.6 - BETA
    - Fixed spaces not working in enter / leave messages.​

v1.1.5 - BETA
    - Added Enter / Leave messages for Residences, as well as a permission option in the config to allow / deny changing of them.​
    - Fixed residence admins not being able to modify the outside world when using deny build rights outside of residences.​
    - Fixed issue related to default group.​
    - Added a config option to specify the default group.​

v1.1.4 - BETA
    - Fixed bug in group permissions...​
    v1.1.3 - BETA
    - Changed the configuration vastly again, server admins now have control over every flag for every group.​
    - Group permissions implemented, but in need of TESTING! :)
    - World permission implemented (default world permissions for when you are not in a residence zone)​
    - Fixes subzone collision bug.​

v1.1.2 - BETA
    - Fixed residence admins still requiring IConomy money.​
    - Fixed a bug with TNT explosions.​

v1.1.1 - BETA
    - Fixed bug breaking subzone permissions.​

v1.1 - BETA
    - Recusive sub-zoning, make subzones within zones, and then subzones within those subzones :)
    - Different limits based on permissions group​
    - New setting for choosing the selection tool item id.​
    - Anti-lag configuration option.​
    - Moved some permissions into the config file.​
    - All protections are now OFF by default.​

v1.0.1 - 3/21/2011
    - Added permissions / config option to disable teleports.​

v1.0 - 3/20/2011
    - Initial Release​

Bug Reports:
    Please include at minimum the following information with all bug reports:
    • CraftBukkit Version
    • Residence Version
    • What you were doing when the error occurred.
    If available, also include:
    • Any server console error messages
    • Other plugins that may be causing the issue

2. Offline

aesce

Hey,

Amazing mod! I have put it to so many uses such as thanking users for going and reading the rules to making sure people don't place blocks in massive minecart tunnels. I have read though most of this thread, and have come up with only one issue.

At some times I'll have/want to make a residence for a user and then assign them the ownership - to do the change in ownership I would go into the res.yml file and modify that one value and then reload the plugin. It seems though that the res.yml reverts back to the state the server last knew it as (with me owning the residence).

I have tried disabling, editing, reloading the whole server and then enabling the plugin to have it work. But alas, it seems that the only way to have it work is to stop bukkit altogether and then start it after res.yml has been edited.

Would it be possible to add a /res permissions owner <name> for admins?

Thanks,
    aesce

in config.yml set the lines
    from renewalCostPerBlock: 0.03 to renewalCostPerBlock: 0.00
    from costPerBlock: 0.05 to costPerBlock: 0.00

Don't simply insert these lines! you'll need to find the parameters in config.yml and change them for however many groups you have.

Aesce

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2016
  3. Offline

Chekkaa

/resadmin setowner [residence] [player] - changed a residences owner.

4. Offline

Nelien

I'm looking to make a very restricted server where most of the land is unavailable for players to build on except on specified buyable lots. Is this possible in any way with Residence?

If not I suggest this as a feature request, to make a permissions node or a config where you can set the default state of the world to NOT buildable and hence force players to either buy predefined "lots" or create their own residence areas. While I'm at it I would suggest also having a whitelist of some blocks that are always destroyable, like logs and leaves so that you can at least chop trees outside your own areas.

This is similar to what the mod Towny does but without all that complicated nation/town stuff.

Thanks for a great plugin!

5. Offline

Steve Cole

yes you can set default world flags to not allow building. so people can only build on land they own.

6. Offline

Nelien

Oh! Interesting, thank you! Any chance you can give me a hint as to where I specify this? I find the config pretty messy and confusing, especially considering the lack of a proper configuration guide. I'm using v2.0 btw.

7. Offline

Tjezee

Cheers for updating the flags, unfortunally this latest snapshot and previous one gave me another problem,
    global PvP seems enabled even though my flags tell me it shouldn't be. I know there are lots of ways to disable it
    but i'd like residence mod to regulate it so i can have areas in which pvp is allowed.

The flag in question:
    Tested this outside a residence, and let residence remake config and set setting to false again.
    Both no luck.

My whole config:
    http://pastie.org/1803250

8. Hello, why 1-height zones has no size? I mean.. when you're selecting "2D" zone, you can buy that for free, because size is 0.

9. Offline

Daniel Few

Hello Nelien. I'm helping Bekvon with the wiki and will be writing a configuration guide when I get back. What you want sounds a little like my RPG server and residence is perfect for this.

To specify no building in the world: goto the config file and look for 'World Flags'. Set build=false

You can make these set areas buildable in for anyone by creating a residence and typing /res set <property name> build true. If configured correctly, the world will not be buildable in except in these pre-defined areas.

Linking with IConomy

Another way to achieve this is by linking with IConomy so users have to purchase their land. To do this, pre-define areas by creating a residence with build=false and sell them using the command, /res Market sell <property name> <price>. Users can then use the command, /res Market buy <property name> to buy this property. You should set owner flags to build=true so once the property has changed owners, the new owner can build.

Sorry if this is confusing I'm writing it on iPod and don't have the config file with me.

If you have any more questions please ask :)
    -DanJames

10. Offline

Napolleon

Hi here got a question about /res select
    Im trying to make a residence whit the comand instead of tool but cant figure out how to make primary and seconday selection...
    Im trying to make a residence whit sky as top limit but not down to bedrock
    and i dotn feel like making a pillar up to the skytop on a corner and a hole 20 block deap to select the botom and top limit
    so my Primary would be 630 125 810
    and secondary would be 790 050 585
    to end up whit a residence of 160x75x225 (making a protectted national park ) :) 2 700 000 block

11. Offline

Daniel Few

I'm sure Bekvon added a command to expand a selection from sky to bedrok. Try '/res select expand help/?' ingame. Not sire if that's the correct command. Good luck
    -DanJames

12. Offline

bekvon

Yup, there was another bug, more stuff that got renamed when I updated the config last time, but forgot to update it in Residence as well, try new snapshot :)
    '/res select' works within a radius. So, if you do /res select 5 5 5, it will select 5 blocks in every direction from you, for a total of a 10x10x10 selected area, with you standing dead center of the cube. Also, as DanJames mentioned, theres a /res select expand command now, which has simpler usage. Just look the direction you want to expand and type /res select expand 50, where 50 is the size you want it to go in that direction. Hope that helps :)

Its supposed to not let you buy a 0 size land... apparently that's not working right now... I'll fix it.

Looks awesome :D but yea, unfortunately due to case sensitivity now, there will be some issues.

13. Offline

Frosth

Hello Here.
    Great plugin. It does everything a server admin could hope for. :D

Except for two things:
    - A per Residence "Collision detection" flag to set a residence to be intersectable by others.
    - A /resadmin setuser none to create a residence owned by the server

Here is my use case:
    Residence are much better than WorldGuard for protecting land in my opinion just for the move flag.
    On my server we would like to have an Outlaw group that does not have access to cities for roleplay reasons.
    So naturally the city would be one BIG residence with gset move false for the Outlaws.
    However, we would like to have plos inside that city with active leases, and there are no leases on subzones.
    Also, we'd like that city to be owned by no one so that the plot would be sold for a price that would get out of the economy automatically. (as a gold sink)

This use case is probably out of the scope of this plugin, but Residence's features are just one step away from fulfilling our requirement I just couldn't stand not asking.

So what do you guys think of that ? Possible / interesting or not ?

Any way, thanks for this awesome plugin. :)

14. Offline

bekvon

I can add a way for the server to own land pretty easily :) However, there's no way for a allow collisions flag to work out, as its not possible for a player to be in 2 zones at once. So instead, I'll just make subzones leaseable :) its actually on my todo list for someone else already, but it will probably still be a while before I can get to it. Somewhere after the more official release of 2.0, I am going to probably completely revamp the lease system to allow more features, such as renting areas from the server, and then having them go back to server owned after they expire. I may actually just make renting a whole different system from the lease system. The lease system was only originally intended to remove areas left by people who no longer played a server automatically. Anyway, I got a lot of thinking to do related to that still :)

15. Offline

Frosth

Ah great. Thanks for the quick answer
    I figured that the Server owning thingy would be easy, but I did not expect the Collision to be hard.
    I did not check out the code though.

I thought you would have made your own collision check those and the flag could only trigger going trough or not going trough that piece of code at the /res create NAME stage. Since subzones looked kind of recursive residences.

Your 1 area limitation is because of the Move flag check ?

A rent option on subzones would be a great idea!!! For instance as a way to implement an in game inn. (or as city plots ;) )

Would it be possible to have the Sub-Zones have their own names and show up in the "/res list" output ?
    A use case I can see would be triggering "rooms" automatic greetings messages such as: Enterign Garden, Entering Kitchen.(or as city plots ;) )
    I can see this implemented this way: /res alias <complete_name> <alias>
    With aliases being kept at the user level for %residence in messages and listing commands. and the complete name being the actual unique server wide name.

On a side note, is a "/res market list" command on your todo ?
    And perhaps show all sub "res market list <residence> [subzone, recursive-subzonelvl1, recursive-subzonelvl2, ...]"
    To have "/res market list city hotel" list what rooms are available in the hotel (or show available plots in a city ;) )

16. Offline

Leemur

hello.. i am using residence without permissions..
    well..
    in 1.27 anything works fine, but in 2.00
    we all cannot change message enter/leave and /res set flags
    doesn't work, i tried to change the config files, i am tired of this, doesn't work! make something!!!
    thanks.

17. Offline

Nelien

Thank you for that great reply Dan, I'll try that out!

At the moment I'm actually using Residence in conjunction with Towny in a somewhat complicated way but that does the trick (at least so far, still only on testing phase).

In Towny I set the world to be not buildable on, then I make a town owned by me (or "server"), make sure anyone can build in it and remove notifications of towns so no one will even need to know Towny is in use. This town is what I use to mark areas that can potentially be built upon, for example a city. If I leave it like this users would be able to use the areas freely, however, now is when Residence comes in. I create a residence overlapping all the areas of the "Town" and set build=false there, negating the build privileges of Towny. Inside these residences I create subzones to be put on the market as a final step. Players can now buy the subzones to get building rights there.
    This!! I would love to see mechanics like this implemented!

18. Offline

Daniel Few

That's ok. Yes this makes sense however I'm not sure oh need towny installed as well. When I get back I'll write up how to do this :)
    -DanJames

19. Offline

Devloper

I dont want any lease how do i edit that?

20. Offline

Nelien

Thanks Daniel. I'm looking to get rid of Towny too but I have to mess around with the settings and see what works best. Looking forward to see more of the wiki!
    /resadmin lease set [residence] [#days/infinite] - sets a lease on a residence to expire in # days or to never expire.

Just use infinite instead of a number.

21. Offline

Daniel Few

Goto the residence config file and set 'use lease system' to false. This will turn it off.
    As said above you can also set this for one particular property by typing

/resadmin lease set <residence name> infinite
    -DanJames

22. Offline

Nelien

Code:
    12:06:49 [SEVERE] Nag author: 'bekvon' of 'Residence' about the following: onPla
    yerQuit has been replaced with a new signature, (PlayerQuitEvent)
    Just saying :).

23. Offline

flametornado

It'd be really great if when you placed a protection zone overlapping, it merged into one zone.

Or if you had an expand function so you can change the size of the protection.

24. Offline

SirHedgehog

Just an update, I don't know if I am going to have time this week or next week to do the upgrade process. I'll try though.

25. Offline

Daniel Few

I think there is now an expand option, however i'm not sure of the command. Ask bekvon when he's next online and the overlapping idea probably wouldn't help as its useful that residence warns you that you are placing overlapping in case you didn't work.

26. Offline

White Sheep

Error with version: 1.2.8

"22:17:48 [SEVERE] Nag author: 'bekvon' of 'Residence' about the following: onPlayerQuit has been replaced with a new signature, (PlayerQuitEvent)"

27. Offline

Tjezee

Hi,

I hope I don't need to /facepalm after this post but I can't seem to find a way to add people to a group
    in game. Something like /res gset add <group> <player> would be nice. ( low priority! )
    You can do that in the config file I know but in game would come in handy I'd say.
    Haven't found any further bugs as of yet. Awesome job! /wet kiss

28. Offline

Daniel Few

@Nelien Heya, what was it you wanted from residence exactly, because i'll write that up on the wiki now :)
    -DanJames

Are you refering to the Manual Group Setup at the bottom of the config.yml?
    -DanJames

Hey guys,

Update to the wiki:
    - New section: Set up and Configuration - first half finished

Just in case anyone was having difficulties :)
    -DanJames

EDIT: If anyone thinks any of the descriptions need more information please ask :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

29. Offline

White Sheep

I updated my server to build684 and use Residence v1.2.8.
    Players can now use a bucktet water or lava some times in an zone where flow=false

30. Offline

Daniel Few

That sound so cool :p Would love to see this renting system it's exactly what we need for RP server.
    -DanJames

Do you get any errors in console, or warnings? It helps developers know the source of the problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.