[SEC] Lockette - Simple chest and door lock, no databases! [Moved to BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Acru, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Offline

Acru

Lockette - The sign-based container and door lock for Bukkit! - by Acru Jovian

ElgarL has been assigned as the current maintainer of this project, please forward any important issues to him as well. This post is abandoned, but proceed to BukkitDev for updates.

Download it at BukkitDev! (Alternate) (JAR) (Source), also view the Change Log on BukkitDev.

Supported external plugins:
    • Permissions - Permissions/Groups
    • GroupManager - Permissions/Groups
    • PermissionsBukkit - SuperPerms/Groups
    • PermissionsEx - SuperPerms/Groups
    • bPermissions- SuperPerms/Groups
    • Towny - Groups/Zones
    • SimpleClans - Groups
    • mcMMO - Groups (Disabled by default now, due to issues.)
    • Factions - Groups
    • LWC - Zones
    • Register - Economy
    Alternate languages included:
    Confirmed compatible plugins: ColorSign, SpeedSign.
    Conflicting plugins: ChestShop, Most sign editors!

The active Lockette information page will commute to BukkitDev soon, but the forum thread is still the best place for discussion.

Overview:

The purpose of this plugin is to restrict access to the contents of chests, dispensers, furnaces, and doors without the use of a database to track containers.

To use, simply place a signpost on the floor directly beside a chest or other container to be locked. Enter [Private] as the first line. Your own name will automatically be entered on line 2 as the chest owner. Optionally type in the full names of two other users allowed to access the chest's inventory on lines 3 and 4.

When done correctly, the sign will automatically fix itself to the side the target chest, protecting it from unauthorized access! Only the chest's owner can then break the sign or chest. (Warning: Anyone with permission to use WorldEdit commands or similar can circumvent the protection by removing the sign.)

[​IMG]

Additionally, you can enter [Everyone] on lines 3 or 4 instead of a user name to allow everyone access to the contents of a private container, or [Operators] to allow ops access. If a Permissions plugin is available, you can use groups like [Moderator] or [Admins] or others as defined in the Permissions settings files.

The owner of a container can add more users by placing additional signs beside the container with the heading [More Users], where lines 2-4 specify the names of the additional users. You can edit the users on previously placed signs by right clicking the sign, and using the command '/lockette <line number> <text>' to change it.

Working with Doors:

To protect a door, you can use the same method as protecting a container, the sign will attach to the door automatically. In addition, you can attach a [Private] wall sign to any side of the blocks just above or just below a door. For double doors only one side needs a sign. Door support is enabled by default in the config file.

Once a door is protected it will only open for someone listed as a user, and will not respond to redstone power or switches unless [Everyone] is listed as a user. Iron doors which usually won't open from clicking will work just as wooden doors. In addition, double doors will open together automatically!

You can also use [More Users] signs as with containers, with the caveat that the sign cannot be placed on the block above the door if the [Private] sign is not above the door as well! (This is done to prevent a security uncertainty issue.)

Protected doors will be closed automatically if a timer is set. A timer can be set globally with a configuration option, or individually for each door by using the tag [Timer: #] on line 3 or 4 of the [Private] sign, where # is the number of seconds that the door should remain open. If the timer is set to 0, this means the door will never automatically close. If no timer is specified, protected doors will use a global timer set in the configuration file. If the server is shut down cleanly any open doors will be closed, but in the event of a server crash while a door is open, it may remain so. Note that the initial state of a door is assumed to be closed.

Care must me taken to place protected doors on a stable block. Building a door on sand, gravel, leaves, TNT and et cetera are allowed by the plugin, but cannot be secured fully. :3 Additionally, it should be noted that most status messages still refer to locked blocks as containers, so for the purpose of simplicity, doors should be considered as a type of container.

Features:
    • No passwords or databases needed!
    • Permission checks run in constant time, no matter how many protected containers.
      • One owner and up to 11 additional users supported. (17 for double chests!)
      • Allows access to [Everyone] while still protecting the container from vandalism.
      • Allows group names in conjunction with many other plugins.
    • Special powers for ops or admins, configurable with permissions.
      • Reports when an admin does something naughty.
    • Protects single and double chests, dispensers, and furnaces.
      • Explosion and block-break protection for the protected container and sign.
        • Option to protect all containers from explosions.
    • Full support for doors, both wooden and iron!
      • Double doors are handled automatically, with no redstone.
      • Doors can be set to close automatically, via a timer setting.
      • Redstone hacking is disabled for protected doors.
    • Prevents creation of chests larger than 2 blocks.
    • Informative or helpful messages when interacting with containers.
      • The first time a chest is placed, a help message will be shown.
      • Types of messages shown are configurable in settings.
      • Additional language support.

Advanced Setup (Permissions) (open)

Advanced Setup:
    There are a few things you can now customize in the configuration files for the plugin, found in the plugins/Lockette folder. After running the plugin for the first time, two files will be created, config.yml and strings.yml. The first holds the following settings:
    • enable-permissions - Allows the use of permission nodes to specify who can do what. If this is disabled, groups will still be used but admin status is taken from the ops file. Defaults to false.
    • enable-messages-* - Enables or disables groups of messages listed in the strings.yml file. Not counting the broadcast ones.
    • broadcast-*-target - Sets the group or player that specific broadcast messages should be sent to. This can be set to "" for no one.
    • explosion-protection-all - Enabling this extends explosion protection to all containers on the server, not just [Private] ones. Default is disabled.
    • allow-admin-bypass - Allows admins to go though any protected door. Default is true.
    • allow-admin-snoop - Allows admins to peek into chests owned by other people. Default is false, and this setting is recommended! A broadcast message will be sent each time an admin snoops in a protected container where the admin doesn't have permission to. The message will be sent to a player or group as specified in another option. Admins can still break protection on chests if this is disabled, however.
    • enable-protection-doors - Enables support for private doors, defaults to true.
    • default-door-timer - Sets the door closing timer for all protected doors on the server, unless overridden by a specific sign. Defaults to 0, which disables the door closing timer.
    In the strings.yml file, you can set alternate language tags for [Private] and such, in ANSI format. If you need characters not in ANSI then you might try UTF-8 format, though it seems bugged tight now. The default alternate tags are in French, but server ops are free to translate the whole file into the language of their choice. If you do this, please share it back to me~ :3 If you want to disable only a specific message, you can set it to "", the empty string. Admins can use the command '/lockette reload' after editing the configuration files, to reload them.

If a Permissions plugin is not available or the enable-permissions option is set to false, Lockette will use the ops file to determine who are admins. Admins can break the protection on any chest, and look inside protected chests (only if the related option is set), as well as reload the plugins configuration files. All non-ops will be able to create protected containers for themselves.

If a Permissions plugin is available and the enable-permissions option is set to true, the following nodes will be used instead of the ops file and are included by default in the '*' node:
    • lockette.user.create.* - Permission required to create a protected container or door. Possible sub-nodes include chest, dispenser, furnace, and door. (The permission lockette.create.all is still supported, but obsolete.)
    • lockette.admin.create.* - Allows admins to create containers and doors for other users. Possible sub-nodes include chest, dispenser, furnace, and door. Leave line 2 blank for the default behavior or enter the name of your choice. Capitalization matters.
    • lockette.admin.break - Allows breaking protection on containers.
    • lockette.admin.bypass - Allows opening of any locked door.
    • lockette.admin.snoop - Allows peeking in protected containers. (The setting allow-admin-snoop must be true.)
    • lockette.admin.reload - Allows use of the reload command.

Technical Information (open)

Technical Information:

This plugin has been tested and shown to be working for many builds of CraftBucket though a number of the more recent builds had a serious issue, so I'm suggesting a minimum build of 561 now. If you update past what is listed in the post's title and the plugin seems to break, it is probably not my fault. Post a note anyway and I'll see about fixing. I'll try and keep up with the new recommended build system, but for latest builds that break things, you should expect some time to pass before I take care of the issue, as this plugin is now mature. :3

If there are multiple containers by the placed sign, the plugin will use the NESW rule to choose the first container that is not yet private. To elaborate, the plugin will check to the north of the sign first, and if no container or door is available to the north, it will continue checking clockwise around the sign.

Due to the current implementation of the explosion event, this plugin will cancel all explosions that would damage the container or sign, rather than just remove the container and sign from the blocks to be damaged. Canceled explosions still knock signs off the walls. Canceled explosions leave signs looking blank, but this is just a graphic glitch, reconnect to fix.

Bonus: This plugin will prevent chests bigger than 2 blocks from being created via glitches. (Again, this could be circumvented using WorldEdit commands, so take care who has access to such a plugin.)

This plugin was inspired by the old hmod plugins Lock by Roman "kingseta" Pramberger and ChestCapsule by Fernando "Fergo".

Hooking into Lockette (open)

Hooking into Lockette:

If you are a plugin author and want to connect to Lockette, you can use a public static function to get information about the protected status of a block.

More info later, perhaps, but if you need the details now then go poke through the source~

Future Possibilities:

There are a number of things that have been suggested, and they tend to be added to the list below if I think they might be a good idea. However, some sort of locked container limit is requested often but this is not possible without a database to track the number of locked containers someone has. All things considered, this will not be supported. On the up side, without a database you can have literally millions of locked containers without any sort of lag, and there are permissions to restrict who can create locked chests. Perhaps only allow Moderators to create locked chests for other users, if you don't want to allow infinite locked chests.

Aside what has already been implemented, the following may or may not appear in future versions:
    • Furnace/dispenser clusters, protected by a single sign.
    • [Log] sign to list recent users of a container or door.
    • iConomy fee for protecting containers/doors.
    • Worldguard connection.
    • [Protected] tag for viewing only.
    • Specific time range that doors can be opened.
    • DataLog plugin support.
    • More types of protected blocks, such as brewing stands.
    If you want any of the above features sooner than never, let me know! However, I currently see Lockette as functionally complete, for the most part, in that it already has all the functionality it needs. Future updates will mostly be to account for changes in Minecraft and Bukkit.

Final Note:

Please leave a reply if there are any bugs or suggestions, and if you like this plugin you can click the like button at the bottom of this post~ Thanks to those few that have donated! [​IMG]

2. Offline

Sc1234freak

3. Offline

kreaol

Is anyone having issues with this on 1.3? I haven't been able to test yet (will soon in a couple of hours).

4. Offline

prexX

Just made a quick test, seems to be working on 1.3 .

5. Offline

Kenshin

Hey !
    I have an idea of improvement ! I could be great if op can ignore Lockette ! THanks for your plugins ! Simply and usefull !

Good luck
    Bye

PS: Or a permissions support to open every chests !
    Thanks again

6. Offline

M1nurThr3t

just curious before i change form lwc.
    Can people destroy these at all?
    Does it matter which side the sign is on?

Thanks

7. Offline

Kane

Will be added in the future.

8. Offline

Snip3d

No they can not destroy them.
    No it does not matter which side you put the sign on.

Great plugin Acru and I really love how the it does not use a database and reads strictly from signs.

M1nurThr3t likes this.
  9. Offline

Kenshin

Oh ! Good ! Have you an idea of the time i'll need to wait ?
    --- merged: Feb 23, 2011 10:15 PM ---
    Oh ! Good ! Have you an idea of the time i'll need to wait ?

10. Offline

discoverdan

I love this, so much better than LWC, does the same thing, without all the annoying code, keeping it simple and more interactive. :D

Thank you for making this.

A few things though:

Code:
     [WARNING] Using the stupidly long constructor org.yi.acru.bukkit.Lockette.Lockette(PluginLoader, Server, PluginDescriptionFile, File, File, ClassLoader) is no longer recommended. Go nag the plugin author of Lockette to remove it! (Nothing is broken, we just like to keep code clean.)
    2011-02-23 22:13:18 [INFO] Hint! It's probably someone called 'Acru'
    2011-02-23 22:13:18 [INFO] Lockette version 1.1.4 is being enabled!  Yay!
    2011-02-23 22:13:18 [WARNING] Lockette: Craftbukkit build undetectable, be sure you have build [323] or greater!
    2011-02-23 22:13:18 [INFO] Lockette: Nijikokun's Permissions plugin not detected.
    2011-02-23 22:13:18 [INFO] Lockette: Ready to protect your containers.
    2011-02-23 22:13:18 [INFO] Done (17980548087ns)! For help, type "help" or "?"
    2011-02-23 22:14:36 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version Beta 1.3
    2011-02-23 22:14:36 [INFO] Loading properties
    2011-02-23 22:14:36 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
    2011-02-23 22:14:36 [INFO] This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-450-gd3c1ba4-b432jnks (MC: 1.3)
    2011-02-23 22:14:36 [INFO] Preparing level "Main"
    2011-02-23 22:14:36 [INFO] Preparing start region
    2011-02-23 22:14:37 [INFO] Preparing spawn area: 85%
    2011-02-23 22:14:38 [INFO] Preparing spawn area: 93%
    2011-02-23 22:14:39 [INFO] Preparing spawn area: 97%
    2011-02-23 22:14:39 [WARNING] Using the stupidly long constructor org.yi.acru.bukkit.Lockette.Lockette(PluginLoader, Server, PluginDescriptionFile, File, File, ClassLoader) is no longer recommended. Go nag the plugin author of Lockette to remove it! (Nothing is broken, we just like to keep code clean.)
    2011-02-23 22:14:39 [INFO] Hint! It's probably someone called 'Acru'
    2011-02-23 22:14:39 [INFO] Lockette version 1.1.4 is being enabled!  Yay!
    2011-02-23 22:14:39 [WARNING] Lockette: Craftbukkit build undetectable, be sure you have build [323] or greater!
    2011-02-23 22:14:39 [INFO] Lockette: Nijikokun's Permissions plugin not detected.
    2011-02-23 22:14:39 [INFO] Lockette: Ready to protect your containers.

1. I have been asked to bug you to clean the code up? :p
    2. Craftbukkit build undetectable? I'm using 450.
    3. I'll go look at this 'Nijikokun's Permissions plugin'... What does this plugin do?

11. Offline

Kane

I think permissions not in yet and I think the detectable is only for old versions to tell you that say version 250 will not work please upgrade bukkit. He has no limit as far as I know on higher ones or you would be screwed and he have to update every time there is a update.

12. Offline

discoverdan

I see now, thanks a lot. No errors, first time. That's amazing. :)

So simple.

Acru, maybe add a feature to lock doors too? By maybe placing the sign above/by the side of a door? with [Private]? :)

13. Offline

Acru

Good to know, but I'll test it myself too before releasing the next version.

Been working hard on a dozen things for next release, and should be released tonight or tomorrow.
    Most notably configuration files, sign editing, and proper detection of admins with or without Permissions.

Thanks for helping @M1nurThr3t, I've been busy coding~ XD

1) Already done, i just have to release it. :3
    2) Next release detects the jenkins series of builds properly.
    3) Basically it adds user groups, next release will support group names. (Still to-do at this point.)
    And yer welcome~

Doors are planned, though won't make it into the next release. (I want to get a release out asap~)

14. Offline

Pierate

Made a sign, put [Private]. Pressed done and then:
    "Lockette: No unclaimed container nearby to make Private."

Is this happening because of Permissions? or is it because the plugin has not been updated to the latest build (433)?

15. Offline

Acru

Permissions is not yet enabled in 1.1.4. This is most likely caused by there not being a chest or other container directly beside the sign~ A container block has to be directly one block north, east, south or west of the sign block for the sign to attach to it.

I'll check build 433 too in a bit, though, minecraft.net seems to be down at the moment.
    Edit: Build 433 works fine, it seems. And now MC 1.3_01 is out, it seems~
    --- merged: Feb 24, 2011 7:45 AM ---
    Update: I checked off the last item on the to-do list, now I need to do some testing with the newer bukkit builds, to be sure.
    Update 2: Dealing with the changes in Permissions 2.0 -> 2.1
    --- merged: Feb 24, 2011 2:04 PM ---
    Aaaaand, that should do it, I think! Lockette 1.2 is ready!

16. Offline

fefect

PLEASE
    Update this to 428+ i soooooo want this back
    This was awesome because on my servers there are always some thiefs and this stopped it
    Please , upgrade it, i will do eveything you want :D

17. Offline

M1nurThr3t

^ I am using with 432 and its working great.

Im also using permission 2.0

18. Offline

Acru

I'm not sure what you mean, it is working for builds 323 and up.
    I just tested 428 and also 438 specifically and it works.
    Current recommended build is 432 and that works as well~ XD
    --- merged: Feb 25, 2011 1:10 AM ---
    And before I forget again, wanted to let you know that admins can do it now. :3

19. Offline

Kenshin

Thanks ! I have tried it's working ! Perfect !
    Good luck for the rest and good work ;)

20. Offline

SirMustachio

Thanks for this plugin, it's great! I'm also highly in favor of door protection

21. Offline

Acru

Thanks~ :3
    Taking a bit of a break for now though, and playing some MC 1.3~ XD

22. Offline

Kane

@Acru Is there multiworld support btw?

For example were going have a pvp/chaos multiworld someday. I would hate to have players be able to lock their chests there :)

23. Offline

dubca7

Using 450
    Code:
    [SEVERE] Could not load plugins\Lockette.jar in plugins: nullorg.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:80)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:129)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:94)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:59)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:204)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:191)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:131)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:246)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: org.yi.acru.bukkit.Lockette.Lockette.<init>()
            at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.Class.getConstructor(Unknown Source)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:75)
            ... 8 more

24. Offline

M1nurThr3t

try cb 432- most stable version as of now

25. Offline

Acru

Thanks for the heads up. My fault. Fixed~

Well now, if by multiworld support you mean it works with multiple worlds, then yes it does!

If you want a multiworld feature where locks don't work in all worlds, well, its something I would have to add. But assuming their inventories are persistent across worlds, wouldn't that mean they could just take their stuff to another world to make it safe? If there is no persistence, its another story. :3

Something just came to my mind, you could allow locks but disable explosion protection? Or some kind of lockpick system? heh

Edit: Why is post merging not working?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2016
  26. Offline

riuthamus

set permssions for my admins and they cant access.

using:
    Code:
        mod:
            default: false
            info:
                prefix: '&a'
                suffix: ''
                build: true
            inheritance:
                - peasant
            permissions:
                - 'general.time'
                - 'general.items'
                - 'general.player-info'
                - '/pr reload'
                - 'lockette.admin.break'
                - 'lockette.admin.snoop'
                - 'lockette.admin.reload'
    Okay, i resolved the issue with the config... but now that I have allowed snooping our chat stuff is getting spammed with snooping. Is there a way to limit this to only certain groups? As an admin I dont mind the snooping spam cause I want to know who is doing what, but the user doesnt need to know this...

27. Offline

Acru

In strings.yml, set the message to "" to disable it. (This is in the main post, under advanced. :3 )
    The messages will still get into the server log, however, for the record.

(Edit: As for sending the message to a specific group, this is not possible in 1.2.1.)

28. Offline

riuthamus

its kinda a wall of text, possibly format the post a bit better so that features/command and options are seperated from the wall of crazyness, could just be me!!!

SirMustachio likes this.
  29. Offline

Daikage

Could you please add an static update-source for the jar file so I could use CraftBukkitUpToDate to keep your plugin up to date? It is a really useful plugin to keep your server and plugins updated without having to peek the forums every day searching for the plugins you use so I would be really grateful if you could add a compatible link to the thread. Thanks in advance.

30. Offline

AgentKid

Well, the way that it's going to work on GodCraft is that there will be multiple worlds, some accessible by whitelisted members only. The whitelisted members will have the advantage of being able to store their items safely on the main world, while the non-whitelisted members will be restricted to the pvp server and won't be able to lock their chests.

Basically what we want is the ability to allow or deny the ability to lock chests on certain worlds, possibly through a config file.

31. Offline

DraxisWuf

Before I become too attached to this plugin I have to ask, are you planning on supporting TheYeti's Permissions continuation or GroupManager (Or both)? I only ask of course because Niji is on hiatus and the original Permissions will quickly become broken by new craftbukkit updates. Personally I've switched to GroupManager, but the developers of other plugins I use seem to be 50/50 on using TheYeti's Permissions over GroupManager :(