[SEC] Lockette - Simple chest and door lock, no databases! [Moved to BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Acru, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Offline

Acru

Lockette - The sign-based container and door lock for Bukkit! - by Acru Jovian

ElgarL has been assigned as the current maintainer of this project, please forward any important issues to him as well. This post is abandoned, but proceed to BukkitDev for updates.

Download it at BukkitDev! (Alternate) (JAR) (Source), also view the Change Log on BukkitDev.

Supported external plugins:
    • Permissions - Permissions/Groups
    • GroupManager - Permissions/Groups
    • PermissionsBukkit - SuperPerms/Groups
    • PermissionsEx - SuperPerms/Groups
    • bPermissions- SuperPerms/Groups
    • Towny - Groups/Zones
    • SimpleClans - Groups
    • mcMMO - Groups (Disabled by default now, due to issues.)
    • Factions - Groups
    • LWC - Zones
    • Register - Economy
    Alternate languages included:
    Confirmed compatible plugins: ColorSign, SpeedSign.
    Conflicting plugins: ChestShop, Most sign editors!

The active Lockette information page will commute to BukkitDev soon, but the forum thread is still the best place for discussion.

Overview:

The purpose of this plugin is to restrict access to the contents of chests, dispensers, furnaces, and doors without the use of a database to track containers.

To use, simply place a signpost on the floor directly beside a chest or other container to be locked. Enter [Private] as the first line. Your own name will automatically be entered on line 2 as the chest owner. Optionally type in the full names of two other users allowed to access the chest's inventory on lines 3 and 4.

When done correctly, the sign will automatically fix itself to the side the target chest, protecting it from unauthorized access! Only the chest's owner can then break the sign or chest. (Warning: Anyone with permission to use WorldEdit commands or similar can circumvent the protection by removing the sign.)

[​IMG]

Additionally, you can enter [Everyone] on lines 3 or 4 instead of a user name to allow everyone access to the contents of a private container, or [Operators] to allow ops access. If a Permissions plugin is available, you can use groups like [Moderator] or [Admins] or others as defined in the Permissions settings files.

The owner of a container can add more users by placing additional signs beside the container with the heading [More Users], where lines 2-4 specify the names of the additional users. You can edit the users on previously placed signs by right clicking the sign, and using the command '/lockette <line number> <text>' to change it.

Working with Doors:

To protect a door, you can use the same method as protecting a container, the sign will attach to the door automatically. In addition, you can attach a [Private] wall sign to any side of the blocks just above or just below a door. For double doors only one side needs a sign. Door support is enabled by default in the config file.

Once a door is protected it will only open for someone listed as a user, and will not respond to redstone power or switches unless [Everyone] is listed as a user. Iron doors which usually won't open from clicking will work just as wooden doors. In addition, double doors will open together automatically!

You can also use [More Users] signs as with containers, with the caveat that the sign cannot be placed on the block above the door if the [Private] sign is not above the door as well! (This is done to prevent a security uncertainty issue.)

Protected doors will be closed automatically if a timer is set. A timer can be set globally with a configuration option, or individually for each door by using the tag [Timer: #] on line 3 or 4 of the [Private] sign, where # is the number of seconds that the door should remain open. If the timer is set to 0, this means the door will never automatically close. If no timer is specified, protected doors will use a global timer set in the configuration file. If the server is shut down cleanly any open doors will be closed, but in the event of a server crash while a door is open, it may remain so. Note that the initial state of a door is assumed to be closed.

Care must me taken to place protected doors on a stable block. Building a door on sand, gravel, leaves, TNT and et cetera are allowed by the plugin, but cannot be secured fully. :3 Additionally, it should be noted that most status messages still refer to locked blocks as containers, so for the purpose of simplicity, doors should be considered as a type of container.

Features:
    • No passwords or databases needed!
    • Permission checks run in constant time, no matter how many protected containers.
      • One owner and up to 11 additional users supported. (17 for double chests!)
      • Allows access to [Everyone] while still protecting the container from vandalism.
      • Allows group names in conjunction with many other plugins.
    • Special powers for ops or admins, configurable with permissions.
      • Reports when an admin does something naughty.
    • Protects single and double chests, dispensers, and furnaces.
      • Explosion and block-break protection for the protected container and sign.
        • Option to protect all containers from explosions.
    • Full support for doors, both wooden and iron!
      • Double doors are handled automatically, with no redstone.
      • Doors can be set to close automatically, via a timer setting.
      • Redstone hacking is disabled for protected doors.
    • Prevents creation of chests larger than 2 blocks.
    • Informative or helpful messages when interacting with containers.
      • The first time a chest is placed, a help message will be shown.
      • Types of messages shown are configurable in settings.
      • Additional language support.

Advanced Setup (Permissions) (open)

Advanced Setup:
    There are a few things you can now customize in the configuration files for the plugin, found in the plugins/Lockette folder. After running the plugin for the first time, two files will be created, config.yml and strings.yml. The first holds the following settings:
    • enable-permissions - Allows the use of permission nodes to specify who can do what. If this is disabled, groups will still be used but admin status is taken from the ops file. Defaults to false.
    • enable-messages-* - Enables or disables groups of messages listed in the strings.yml file. Not counting the broadcast ones.
    • broadcast-*-target - Sets the group or player that specific broadcast messages should be sent to. This can be set to "" for no one.
    • explosion-protection-all - Enabling this extends explosion protection to all containers on the server, not just [Private] ones. Default is disabled.
    • allow-admin-bypass - Allows admins to go though any protected door. Default is true.
    • allow-admin-snoop - Allows admins to peek into chests owned by other people. Default is false, and this setting is recommended! A broadcast message will be sent each time an admin snoops in a protected container where the admin doesn't have permission to. The message will be sent to a player or group as specified in another option. Admins can still break protection on chests if this is disabled, however.
    • enable-protection-doors - Enables support for private doors, defaults to true.
    • default-door-timer - Sets the door closing timer for all protected doors on the server, unless overridden by a specific sign. Defaults to 0, which disables the door closing timer.
    In the strings.yml file, you can set alternate language tags for [Private] and such, in ANSI format. If you need characters not in ANSI then you might try UTF-8 format, though it seems bugged tight now. The default alternate tags are in French, but server ops are free to translate the whole file into the language of their choice. If you do this, please share it back to me~ :3 If you want to disable only a specific message, you can set it to "", the empty string. Admins can use the command '/lockette reload' after editing the configuration files, to reload them.

If a Permissions plugin is not available or the enable-permissions option is set to false, Lockette will use the ops file to determine who are admins. Admins can break the protection on any chest, and look inside protected chests (only if the related option is set), as well as reload the plugins configuration files. All non-ops will be able to create protected containers for themselves.

If a Permissions plugin is available and the enable-permissions option is set to true, the following nodes will be used instead of the ops file and are included by default in the '*' node:
    • lockette.user.create.* - Permission required to create a protected container or door. Possible sub-nodes include chest, dispenser, furnace, and door. (The permission lockette.create.all is still supported, but obsolete.)
    • lockette.admin.create.* - Allows admins to create containers and doors for other users. Possible sub-nodes include chest, dispenser, furnace, and door. Leave line 2 blank for the default behavior or enter the name of your choice. Capitalization matters.
    • lockette.admin.break - Allows breaking protection on containers.
    • lockette.admin.bypass - Allows opening of any locked door.
    • lockette.admin.snoop - Allows peeking in protected containers. (The setting allow-admin-snoop must be true.)
    • lockette.admin.reload - Allows use of the reload command.

Technical Information (open)

Technical Information:

This plugin has been tested and shown to be working for many builds of CraftBucket though a number of the more recent builds had a serious issue, so I'm suggesting a minimum build of 561 now. If you update past what is listed in the post's title and the plugin seems to break, it is probably not my fault. Post a note anyway and I'll see about fixing. I'll try and keep up with the new recommended build system, but for latest builds that break things, you should expect some time to pass before I take care of the issue, as this plugin is now mature. :3

If there are multiple containers by the placed sign, the plugin will use the NESW rule to choose the first container that is not yet private. To elaborate, the plugin will check to the north of the sign first, and if no container or door is available to the north, it will continue checking clockwise around the sign.

Due to the current implementation of the explosion event, this plugin will cancel all explosions that would damage the container or sign, rather than just remove the container and sign from the blocks to be damaged. Canceled explosions still knock signs off the walls. Canceled explosions leave signs looking blank, but this is just a graphic glitch, reconnect to fix.

Bonus: This plugin will prevent chests bigger than 2 blocks from being created via glitches. (Again, this could be circumvented using WorldEdit commands, so take care who has access to such a plugin.)

This plugin was inspired by the old hmod plugins Lock by Roman "kingseta" Pramberger and ChestCapsule by Fernando "Fergo".

Hooking into Lockette (open)

Hooking into Lockette:

If you are a plugin author and want to connect to Lockette, you can use a public static function to get information about the protected status of a block.

More info later, perhaps, but if you need the details now then go poke through the source~

Future Possibilities:

There are a number of things that have been suggested, and they tend to be added to the list below if I think they might be a good idea. However, some sort of locked container limit is requested often but this is not possible without a database to track the number of locked containers someone has. All things considered, this will not be supported. On the up side, without a database you can have literally millions of locked containers without any sort of lag, and there are permissions to restrict who can create locked chests. Perhaps only allow Moderators to create locked chests for other users, if you don't want to allow infinite locked chests.

Aside what has already been implemented, the following may or may not appear in future versions:
    • Furnace/dispenser clusters, protected by a single sign.
    • [Log] sign to list recent users of a container or door.
    • iConomy fee for protecting containers/doors.
    • Worldguard connection.
    • [Protected] tag for viewing only.
    • Specific time range that doors can be opened.
    • DataLog plugin support.
    • More types of protected blocks, such as brewing stands.
    If you want any of the above features sooner than never, let me know! However, I currently see Lockette as functionally complete, for the most part, in that it already has all the functionality it needs. Future updates will mostly be to account for changes in Minecraft and Bukkit.

Final Note:

Please leave a reply if there are any bugs or suggestions, and if you like this plugin you can click the like button at the bottom of this post~ Thanks to those few that have donated! [​IMG]

2. Offline

Souruk

can anyone tell me if this Is this compatible with Bukkit Dev 1.7.9 -R0.2 #3092?

3. Offline

LlmDl

It is, but it will require an update before players can actually change there names post-1.8.

4. Offline

MaliciousMan

Guys! The developer of Denizen (mcmonkey4eva) remade the entire Lockette plugin from scratch and it even works with Lockette signs already in place!

It also fixes all major bugs with Lockette such as being able to take items out of protected chests with hoppers!

Download ---> https://github.com/mcmonkey4eva/monkeyslockette

Show him some love by going on his outdated server: mc.mcmonkey.org

5. Offline

LlmDl

It's missing support for UUIDs, I wonder if he'll update.

6. Offline

MaliciousMan

LlmDl He said he's not planning on adding support for UUIDs. The signs use usernames(that are displayed), not UUIDs on protection signs.

7. When will this plugin be updated to 1.7.x, I really need it for my Survival Server

8. Offline

LlmDl

It works fine on 1.7.*

9. Offline

khamseen_air

Wont this allow for people to bypass other player's protections by just changing their names when 1.8 comes out? Since servers wont identify a person by name any more but solely by their UUID so I'd guess that if it's only checking the name then anybody currently using that display name would be able to open a protected object. I may be wrong, haven't tested it with 1.8 yet, but just a thought since I know other protection plugins have already started migrating to the UUID system in preparation.

Edit: Yeah as I thought, without UUIDs in place, this plugin will be as useful for protecting items in 1.8 as standing on them and shouting "NO!".

https://forums.bukkit.org/threads/p...otential-plugin-server-breakage.250915/page-4

10. Offline

pokeblazer

i think you should be able to make a lockette sign and then do a command like /UUIDLock for the name changes

11. Offline

InuYasha86000

I would like to know if anyone has tested this on 1.7.9 and if so, does it work or no? I currently have Container Security on my server but am looking for one that locks doors and this seems to be the best.

12. Offline

LlmDl

13. Offline

Paczqa

Great plugin, working fine, but due bug with hopper I downloaded monkey's lockette from previous page. Sadly, it doesn't create any folder in /plugins.
    Does anyone know a lock chest plugin, may be very simple, just put sign or something. Most of "chest lock" or "lock chest" plugins in repository don't work anymore, but maybe I didn't searched enough.

Thanks.

14. Offline

Shaggy67

Idea for a supporting mod to help Lockette deal with UUIDs.

I'm working through the design of an idea, and wanted to see what others though. In my case, I run a small (10 - 15 user) whitelist server for my kids and their friends, so it's a fairly small group of players.

My idea was to create a mod that triggers off of the sign interact event at a lower priority than lockette, maintains a hashlist of user names, and updates the text on the sign when it detects that someone has logged in with a new name. After that, the lockette mod would work as normal.

I would create an initial UUID -> name lookup based on grabbing the info from the current whitelist. In a player login event listener, query against that list to see if they changed their name. If they have, than add an entry to the hashlist with oldname->newname. In the sign interaction event listener, grab the current name that is on the sign, query against the hashlist to see if there is a newname, and modify the sign text if required.

This wouldn't help in the case where somebody tries to use a name that was previously used by someone else, but it should automatically take care of the problem of changing their name and losing access to their stuff without having too much overhead.

15. Offline

wrecktify

I hate to post this on a public forum, but I have to abandon lockette until this is fixed. This is a MAJOR issue.
    You can place a mob head down in front of a lockette chest and it will remove the players protection sign. Any player can do this to any players sign. This plugin is useless until that is fixed.

16. Offline

Gamecube762

That's not a bug with Lockette, its a bug with conflicting plugins on your server. You might would want to do some investigating around your plugins.

17. Offline

LlmDl

Shaggy67 Elgarl does plan to update Lockette, worrying over UUIDs isn't important until people can actually change their names, which isn't happening at 1.8 launch anyways.

wrecktify I tested this and did not have this happen, Gamecube762 is right in that it is likely a problem with another plugin you're using.

18. Offline

wrecktify

Good to know, Thanks for the feedback. The only plugin I have is player heads that changes head behavior and that wasnt it, will do some investigation and post my findings.

So I slimmed down to only 3 plugins. Essentials, EssentialsGroupManager, and Lockette. Placing a mob or player head on the block that a chest lockette sign is located still removes the lockette sign. Using bukkit 1.7.9-R0.2 beta

edit: Just created a fresh bukkit server, only put lockette in, gave myself OP and it still happens.

2nd edit: Tested with craftbukkit 1.6.4 recommended build and craftbukkit 1.7.2-R0.3 Beta build, doesn't have a problem with them. Only an issue on 1.7.9 and 1.7.10 craftbukkit

If it helps on 1.7.9+ server I get the following message in console. I don't get this message on 1.7.2 or 1.6.4. I still have only lockette loaded and no other plugin on a fresh install.
    [12:14:10 INFO]: [Lockette] wrecktify has protected a block or door.
    [12:14:11 INFO]: [Lockette] wrecktify just tried to change a non-editable sign.
    (Bukkit bug, or plugin conflict?)

Gamecube762 you sure sure its not a lockette bug? To me it looks like the reason.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2016
  19. Offline

OfficialDexter

Hello there, first off I'd like to say this is a really nice plugin and we use it on our server, and we are more than happy with it. And I would like to report a bug that has been in game since 1.7. I dont know if this is the right place to do it, but I'm gona do it here anyways. When 1.7 came out I saw you have made it so people cant place hoppers under chests to steal items, well people on my server (I dont know about other server becouse I only play on mine) came up with idea to steal items from chests by placing rails under tham and than placing minecart with hopper on it, that way all items will go into the hopper and the tief can take tham. If this was already reported/fixed in never versions I'm sorry for wasting your time, I'm currently on 1.7.4 version. Thank you for your time.

Cheers
    -Dexter

2014-08-30_22.58.58.png 2014-08-30_22.59.11.png 2014-08-30_22.59.41.png
    2014-08-30_22.59.44.png

20. Offline

wrecktify

Here is a screenshot, I put a [private] wrecktify sign on the left side then place the skull in that location. Only plugin I have running is lockette.
    [​IMG]

21. Offline

Gamecube762

wrecktify I can confirm that this isn't a Lockette bug. Have you tried this without Lockette on the server?

I tested this on a Vinilla Bukkit server(No plugins added or any setting changed) and the bug was still there. I launched single player and the bug wasn't there. After a bit more testing, I can tell that heads would replace any Block that attaches to a wall. (item frames and paintings aren't blocks).

22. Offline

wrecktify

Even if bukkit is the cause of it, it is a major problem wouldnt you say.. because we all use bukkit, and everyone using lockette is going to have this problem.

23. Offline

Gamecube762

wrecktify Not just Lockette, DeadBolt too, even ChestShop, or any sign related plugin.

24. Offline

wrecktify

And at a time when there is not a bukkit developer in sight... awesome. This is very bad

25. Offline

Gamecube762

Currently Dinnerbone is updating Bukkit to 1.8.

26. Offline

Shaggy67

What do you base that information on? The only thing I've seen from Elgarl on here was a reply in the UUID thread stating that they will not be updating Lockette.

27. Offline

LlmDl

He and I are the Towny team and he has maintained it since acru decided to quit. We converse regularly.

edit: I should say, he plans on doing a complete rewrite. Lockette as a plugin is a pretty huge mess code-wise and it's past due to be scrapped.

28. Offline

thejuggla1

I have been away from minecraft from a while, I used to use this plugin before. I recall it used to auto close your doors for you, it doesn't do this anymore or is there some setting I have to change to have doors auto close?

29. Offline

MaliciousMan

As long as you have the username, no one else can claim it, only you can open protected containers under your name. If you feel the need to change usernames, it's your responsibility to transfer your protection signs to your new username.