[SEC/FUN/INFO/CHAT/TP] Towny Advanced v0.88.0.0 - Land and town management [3020+ 1.7.2-R0.3]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by ElgarL, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Plugin: Towny
    [​IMG]

New Towny Website!

Taking Shades' Towny a step farther.

A versatile, player-controlled land management plugin for use with Bukkit/Tekkit/Spigot/Libigot, offering solutions for pvp, griefing, chat, inflated economies and monsters.

Features (open)

Towny includes a wide variety of features to offer instant enhancements to your traditional Minecraft server.
    • Allows players to own and manage land based on a pre-set grid layout.
      • Players join towns and purchase plots of land.
      • Players decide who can build, destroy, use "switchs" and use items on every plot they control.
      • Towns can join together into nations, further structuring a server into teams.
      • Towns grant protection from monsters, pvp, fire, explosions and greifing.
    • Wilderness Rules (Optional)
      • Area between towns is wilderness, with its own build permissions.
      • Limit players' interaction with the wild to just harvest-able blocks, keeping the wild pristine.
      • Roll-back tnt, creeper, wither explosions, dragon damage and endermen block-moving.
      • Block explosions and fire.
    • PVP Enhancements
      • Server with a strong PVP aspect will find Towny's grouping of players to be invaluable.
      • Prevent friendly-fire. (Optional)
      • Nations split players into larger teams.
      • Nations can declare other nations to be allies or enemies, further splitting players into even larger teams.
      • PVP can be turned on/off in wilderness, towns and worlds. (Optional)
    • Teleporting/Warping and Spawning (Optional)
      • Players can spawn to their town upon death.
      • Players can spawn to their town or a town that is within their nation/allied with their nation.
    • Customized modified chat. (Optional)
      • Colours, group prefixes and suffixes, nation, town, towny titles.
      • Channels for general, local, town, nation, moderator, admin and custom channels.
      • Anti-spam feature.
    • Shop plugin support. (Optional)
      • Limit shops to special Shop Plots, enhancing realism.
    • Economy plugin interaction. (Optional)
      • Supports all economy plugins.
      • Charge money for plots, towns, nations.
      • Flexible tax system.
      • Upkeep to remove money from the economy, stopping rampant inflation.
    • All Permissions Plugins supported. (Optional)
      • Perms 2/3, GroupManager, BukkitPermissions, bPermissions, PermissionsEx, etc.
    • Multiworld Support
      • Flexible settings for every world.
      • Enable/disable Towny in as many worlds as you like.

REQUIRES
    • No other plugins, but is best with Questioner, so that invitations are given by Towns and Nations to residents and towns.
    Optional
    • Questioner 0.6
    • Essentials 2.5+ - (Towny /town spawn's obey Essentials teleport cooldown)
    • All permissions plugins are supported and provide greater customization (recomend GroupManager).
    • Economy plugin of your choice.
    (We no longer recommend using PEX at all. It breaks TownyPerms due to the reflection PEX performs.)
    Supported Economy Plugins
    • iConomy 5.01
    • iConomy 4/5 *
    • iConomy 6 *
    • EssentialsEco *
    • BOSEconomy *
    • Craftconomy *
    • * Requires Register.jar 1.8+ (or Vault) in your plugins folder.
    • Any Vault-capable economy plugin that supports false-player accounts. (Do not use register if your economy plugin is supported by vault.)
    Plugins That Support Towny
    Download Towny
    • Release Version: Link
    • Dev Versions/Jenkins: Link (Majorly Different - Visit IRC channel before using.)
    • Install Guide
    Wiki
    Towny Wiki Site

Suggestions and Issues
    Make a suggestion - Link
    Report an issue - Link
    • Credits: Many thanks to all contributers including, but not limited to: Fuzziewuzzie, Shadeness, LlmDl, SwearWord and dumptruckman.

2. Offline

webcraft

You probably need register.jar in your plugins folder.[/quote]

Thx!!

3. Offline

lezyamin

Yea I do see some error in the startup relating to Towny Universe, heres the PasteBin adress : http://pastebin.com/7yaTtfRD
    Thanks for your help

4. Offline

LlmDl

Here's a link to the relevant section on the How Towny Works wiki page.

You're running CB 1317, which doesn't work with any version of towny and had likely reset your towny config.

Update to CB 1337.

5. Offline

sonic1211

towny isnt workin for my server ive tried almost everything!

6. Offline

lezyamin

Thanks so much, I must of mis-read the numbers :p thanks you're really helpful

7. Offline

Jesseg2

Hi, i am trying to make it so nobody can build in wilds(unclaimed plots) and that is how it is set right now, but there is the ingore_ids in the settings and the players can still destory the ingored ids ! and all those are the ores which are all the ones i really dont want them mining unless they buy the plot ! i tried deleting all the ingored_ids but when i reload they just come back. Plz help me remove all the ingored ids, i even tried just changing one of the ids and it just came back. plz help, thanks

8. Offline

LlmDl

Change it in the towny\data\worlds\worldname.txt file and not the config. Instead of removing all of them, change it to just 7 (bedrock.)

9. Offline

webcraft

I've got still the same error!

10. Offline

LlmDl

Pastebin.com your server startup in full if you're serious about needing help. You probably have a plugin that's incompatible with register.

11. Offline

webcraft

Thx, when I put economy: false it works. I've got Iconomy 6. Is there a problem with this plugin?

12. Offline

LlmDl

Register is required for towny if you want to use ico6 or any eco plugin other than ico5.01

You just need to update or drop the plugin(s) that is conflicting with register.jar

13. Offline

Sir Savary

Using questioner, the latest towny and build 1337.

When a town owner invites a player to his town, they are shown the questioner accept/deny text, but both commands do not work. Server.log says that they are unknown commands.

14. Offline

LlmDl

Pastebin.com your full server startup.

15. Offline

Nekuroi

I have a PVP server and because i don't let my users modify the wild to prevent a massive destruction i create a world for gathering purpose so i can reset it when i want without any problem.
    So i don't want my users to create towns in there but i like they to be able to protect the portal zone with an outpost plot (or someting similar) to prevent spawn camping from another town and maintain their town's name for easy identification.

16. Create your portal town as admin, then disable claimability on that world.
    Or, simply don't give command permissions on that world to access the town claim/new.

17. Offline

Iasumonecara

Upgraded from a happily functional 1185 Bukkit with Towny to a happy but not fully functional 1337. After seeing errors from Towny, I tried it on a clean 1337. The errors came just the same, unfortunately. All config's are stock.

Bukkit: 1337
    Towny: v0.77.0.0 & v0.77.1.0 attempted
    Plugins: Questioner, Towny, TownyChat (error also occurs without TownyChat)

Pastebin of Logs: http://pastebin.com/qtAtacBg

With Op'd user, the plugin was unresponsive as seen through console and in game. I also attempted using the previously functional permissions setup, but I get the same error and unresponsiveness from the plugin. I'd try to suggest a possibility, but I really am not sure what I'm missing.

18. Offline

LlmDl

You bukkit is 1317, which doesn't work at all with Towny, get 1337.

19. Offline

Krapinou

Hi !

I have two worlds W and Y. I want actived Towny only on Y.
    What I need to do ? because everybody on W have a problem " they can't build"
    Please help me
    Thank you

20. Offline

LlmDl

Go to world W and type "/tw toggle usingtowny"

21. Offline

petfrank

You should make wars temporary so when the king is killed everything goes back to the way it was before HOWEVER the winning nation gets money!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
    !

22. Offline

Pim1234

hey,

today i had economy class at school the subject was stuff with taxes. that reminded me off towny.
    the idea i had was this:

instead of people having to pay taxes for plots (they do now? i'm kinda confused, sorry if i am being really stupid) they pay for being a member of the town(and of course for buying plots), and the major can set taxes on items being sold in his/her town. for this last thing it would be very nice if you could support the traders of the Citizens plugin.

and i have 1 question: the upkeep money a city has to pay, does that go to the nation? if not, that would be nice, it would also be nice if the king could set the money a city has to pay him/her daily.
    and also, if cities could request money at their king, it would be very nice.

Pim

23. Offline

Dargan

I realized an issue with towny, my residents have shops, and my town has taxes on plots, but people can sell alot of items to the shop, and cause the shop owner to go bankrupt and then the lose their shop when taxes come along, is there some kind of way they can store some of their money to keep it safe for taxes like a bank for regular users, if not their should be.

24. Offline

ScriptManTomz

wth? im new to this thing?

25. Offline

Karlkorv

towny doesn't work with the latest PEX build :S

26. Offline

OllyHal

Can someone explain this clearer to me please :
    # The maximum townblocks available to a town is (numResidents * ratio).
    # Setting this value to 0 will instead use the level based jump values determined in the town level config.
    town_block_ratio: '8'
    # The size of the square grid cell. Changing this value is suggested only when you first install Towny.
    # Doing so after entering data will shift things unwantedly. Using smaller value will allow higher precision,
    # at the cost of more work setting up. Also, extremely small values will render the caching done useless.
    # Each cell is (town_block_size * town_block_size * 128) in size, with 128 being from bedrock to clouds.
    town_block_size: '16'

Should I leave it how it is or is there a recommended value to change it too?
    What is the level based jump values?
    What does it mean by town_block_size?

27. Offline

Karlkorv

Latest dev build doesn't work with pex latest

28. Offline

lolydodo123

Hey, I get this weird error: /help 13 (List) towny:null Etc. All towny doesn't work

I use PEX Btw.. Umm Can you help?

29. Offline

Jason91jj

OK before i go ahead and install this on my server i have one major problem and that is of war, is war being worked on? or is the dev team more focused on bugs and what not?

30. Offline

5Shadow7Prince

Goddamn, i cant understand how to take off level restrictions (as max town size) for some town!
    Can somebody help me?

31. Offline

ForsakenRealmz

Hi, so I have permissionsbukkit and the only way to have it say "Admin" or "Mod" or Donator" in front of someones name is if you use the plugin "mChat." So the problem is that Towny and mChat do not comply with each other and mChat takes the role of overriding Towny. Which I like but don't like. I'd rather have it say whatever Towny is going to say and then the "Admin" or "Mod" part. Is there something I can tinker with in the Config file under "Chat" to make it show both?