[SEC/FUN/INFO/CHAT/TP] Towny Advanced v0.88.0.0 - Land and town management [3020+ 1.7.2-R0.3]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by ElgarL, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Plugin: Towny
    [​IMG]

New Towny Website!

Taking Shades' Towny a step farther.

A versatile, player-controlled land management plugin for use with Bukkit/Tekkit/Spigot/Libigot, offering solutions for pvp, griefing, chat, inflated economies and monsters.

Features (open)

Towny includes a wide variety of features to offer instant enhancements to your traditional Minecraft server.
    • Allows players to own and manage land based on a pre-set grid layout.
      • Players join towns and purchase plots of land.
      • Players decide who can build, destroy, use "switchs" and use items on every plot they control.
      • Towns can join together into nations, further structuring a server into teams.
      • Towns grant protection from monsters, pvp, fire, explosions and greifing.
    • Wilderness Rules (Optional)
      • Area between towns is wilderness, with its own build permissions.
      • Limit players' interaction with the wild to just harvest-able blocks, keeping the wild pristine.
      • Roll-back tnt, creeper, wither explosions, dragon damage and endermen block-moving.
      • Block explosions and fire.
    • PVP Enhancements
      • Server with a strong PVP aspect will find Towny's grouping of players to be invaluable.
      • Prevent friendly-fire. (Optional)
      • Nations split players into larger teams.
      • Nations can declare other nations to be allies or enemies, further splitting players into even larger teams.
      • PVP can be turned on/off in wilderness, towns and worlds. (Optional)
    • Teleporting/Warping and Spawning (Optional)
      • Players can spawn to their town upon death.
      • Players can spawn to their town or a town that is within their nation/allied with their nation.
    • Customized modified chat. (Optional)
      • Colours, group prefixes and suffixes, nation, town, towny titles.
      • Channels for general, local, town, nation, moderator, admin and custom channels.
      • Anti-spam feature.
    • Shop plugin support. (Optional)
      • Limit shops to special Shop Plots, enhancing realism.
    • Economy plugin interaction. (Optional)
      • Supports all economy plugins.
      • Charge money for plots, towns, nations.
      • Flexible tax system.
      • Upkeep to remove money from the economy, stopping rampant inflation.
    • All Permissions Plugins supported. (Optional)
      • Perms 2/3, GroupManager, BukkitPermissions, bPermissions, PermissionsEx, etc.
    • Multiworld Support
      • Flexible settings for every world.
      • Enable/disable Towny in as many worlds as you like.

REQUIRES
    • No other plugins, but is best with Questioner, so that invitations are given by Towns and Nations to residents and towns.
    Optional
    • Questioner 0.6
    • Essentials 2.5+ - (Towny /town spawn's obey Essentials teleport cooldown)
    • All permissions plugins are supported and provide greater customization (recomend GroupManager).
    • Economy plugin of your choice.
    (We no longer recommend using PEX at all. It breaks TownyPerms due to the reflection PEX performs.)
    Supported Economy Plugins
    • iConomy 5.01
    • iConomy 4/5 *
    • iConomy 6 *
    • EssentialsEco *
    • BOSEconomy *
    • Craftconomy *
    • * Requires Register.jar 1.8+ (or Vault) in your plugins folder.
    • Any Vault-capable economy plugin that supports false-player accounts. (Do not use register if your economy plugin is supported by vault.)
    Plugins That Support Towny
    Download Towny
    • Release Version: Link
    • Dev Versions/Jenkins: Link (Majorly Different - Visit IRC channel before using.)
    • Install Guide
    Wiki
    Towny Wiki Site

Suggestions and Issues
    Make a suggestion - Link
    Report an issue - Link
    • Credits: Many thanks to all contributers including, but not limited to: Fuzziewuzzie, Shadeness, LlmDl, SwearWord and dumptruckman.

2. Offline

Hopium

errors running the newest version ico6 6.0.6b towny advanced v0.76.1.0 register(the one you link too)
    http://dev.bukkit.org/paste/3996/
    note: on town create it makes the town and deducts money from players account, just spits an error
    and on deposit it deducts from the player but does not add the the town bank

edit: on bukkitdev you have version v0.76.1.3 in the changelog gonna try that download ot see if it fixes it.
    edit2: the v0.76.1.3 fixes this issue but the download link on bukkitdev takes you to a download for a html file that links you to the jar. kinda weird to explain :D but you'll see what i mean

3. Offline

ColaBoy42

installed and all seems to be working fine. I have read through the site... but whenever I try to create a town it says "<town> not registered". I can't find anywhere on the site about registering for towns.

4. Offline

LlmDl

Not at the moment, you might want to experiment with Citizens Guard NPC. You'd still have to manually add names to the blacklist.

Use the dev download link in this thread's first post. We don't use bukkitdev much and the dev build is at 0.76.1.14 I believe. Read this post!

Check out this tutorial or do a youtube search, there are lots of videos.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2016
  5. Offline

Hopium

@LlmDl thank you will check out the dev version tomorrow time for zzz's now :D

6. Offline

Aeron

Cuboid selecting tool - don't really think that Towny needs one, because I believe the current /town claim command is very handy enough, and you can make irregular shapes for your town based on the plot size settings in the configuration of this plugin.

Currently the most annoying part would probably be the usage of chat as map using Towny, but we don't really have any alternatives, since the only other option would be through Spout, but I don't really want to trust that launcher by typing in it my username and password of minecraft account, nor would other people (in my opinion).

An alternative though would be of some sort of edit mode, where either the block level on sea level or the top level of landscape would turn into colored wool representing the colors of the plots according to the current coloring using /towny map or /resident set mode map, but I am guessing, that it wouldn't be that easy to make and I believe it would make the process very laggy too.

7. Wait for 1.9. I believe they have a way to mark out areas of land, which is bound to be hookable.

8. Offline

Emirin

Ok 2 requests, first off be able to ban a group from a town. Second a way to flag a public area of town editable while the rest of the non plotted buildings are uneditable.

9. Offline

EcOzZRiSiNg

will this conflict with Faction ?

10. Offline

Dysp

Hi! Urgent issue:

Towny seems to work fine. We are getting "internal error" with almost every command, however the commands "goes through" and works anyway.

But the biggest problem is, that Outsiders "doesn't work". When I set permissions for a town, resident and ally permissions work, but outsider permissions don't. I suspect that "normal players" whom are not part of any town, isn't categorized as being "outsiders". How do we put a "stamp" on them, telling Towny that they are indeed outsiders?
    The perms goes "through" and is succesful, however it just doesn't work for outsiders.

11. Offline

LlmDl

There's a lot of overlap, you should pick one.

Your stuff is all messed up, pastebin.com:
    - your server startup from the server.log (all the plugins starting not just towny,)
    - your towny config.yml,
    - your permission node file.

Dysp likes this.
  12. Offline

Dysp

13. Offline

LlmDl

K, your worlds' data have gotten a little messed up. This is easily fixed.

You will need to get the dev version of Towny, its safe and stable and can be downloaded from the first post. Also read this post, the /town spawn perm nodes changed.
    After putting the dev towny.jar into your plugins folder, but before starting up the server, go into the plugins\towny\backups folder and find a copy of your data older than what you've used here. Rename your current towny\data folder to baddata, then copy and paste the data from one of the backups. This might take a couple tries to go back far enough to before your data got a little corrupted (sorry about that.) Each time you try a startup check the log for this:
    Code:
    2011-09-27 17:36:41 [INFO] [Towny Error] Detected an error with the world files. Attempting to repair
    2011-09-27 17:36:41 [INFO] [Towny Error] Failed to detect world for: Lol
    2011-09-27 17:36:41 [INFO] [Towny Error] Detected an error with the world files. Attempting to repair
    2011-09-27 17:36:41 [INFO] [Towny Error] Failed to detect world for: fisk2
    2011-09-27 17:36:41 [INFO] [Towny Error] Failed to detect world for: fisk
    When it doesn't appear you should be fixed up.
    If you're still stuck/just want to talk it through join the IRC channel where all the magic really happens

14. Offline

Megalanias

How do i change the language in the config ?

15. Offline

Skiggitus

Hello I've been trying to get Towny and heroes to work together and I've come across some errors. I'm also going to paste a link in to an error another server was having I know we don't have their plugin list but the error seems to be with Towny.

We are currently running the default towny config and I will also link our permissions node file. We are using PermissionsEx 1.14

Thanks for your time!

StartupServerLog - http://pastebin.com/zS0XvADT
    Permissions node file - http://pastebin.com/QfH6rNbH
    Seperate Server's Error - http://pastebin.com/FUgNYMA0

Plugin list

AdminCmd
    ChestShop
    CookieMonster
    Essentials
    EssentialsSpawn.jar
    Heroes
    iConomy
    Jail
    Log
    LWC
    NoCheat
    PermissionsEx
    PlgSetspawn.jar
    Questioner.jar
    Register.jar
    runecraft2.8.1.jar
    Spout
    Towny
    VanishNoPacket
    WorldEdit
    WorldGuard

16. Offline

vandben000

I really have this annoying bug:
    even tho i do everything right, when i start up the server, right below the towny plugin info, a bunch of stuff in red letters come up and then it says that towny has created an exeption. When i log into the server, all the chat bar says is stuff about permissions, eventhou put all the nodes in. Please help!

fyi: im using WinXP

Thx!!!!!!!!

17. Offline

DDSLoan96

18. Offline

LlmDl

Anyone having issues with Register 1.4/If you downloaded Register 1.4
    Please download this new version of Register 1.5.

How you know you need this version of Register: Your server has Register errors on startup.
    This Register will work if you are using the current dev build of Towny.

19. Offline

Tane B

Nevermind, everything was up to date except the Towny plugin itself... :/ Thats awkward, Thanks for the reply anyway.

- Taneorox

Well that's weird... I got it to work by only updating Towny, not essentials. Doesn't matter now anyway. It works...

Thanks for the reply

-Taneorox

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

20. Offline

Tadas159

Some kind of error.
    Code:
    2011-09-28 05:35:21 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_INTERACT to Towny
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.palmergames.bukkit.towny.PlayerCache.getStatus(PlayerCache.java:152)
        at com.palmergames.bukkit.towny.event.TownyPlayerListener.onPlayerInteractEvent(TownyPlayerListener.java:182)
        at com.palmergames.bukkit.towny.event.TownyPlayerListener.onPlayerInteract(TownyPlayerListener.java:146)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$11.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:314)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:338)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:168)
        at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.interact(ItemInWorldManager.java:259)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:592)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet15Place.a(SourceFile:57)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:92)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:108)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:464)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:374)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:417)
        at com.palmergames.bukkit.towny.event.TownyPlayerListener.onPlayerInteractEvent(TownyPlayerListener.java:182)
        at com.palmergames.bukkit.towny.event.TownyPlayerListener.onPlayerInteract(TownyPlayerListener.java:146)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$11.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:314)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:338)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:168)
        at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.interact(ItemInWorldManager.java:259)
    2011-09-28 05:35:25 [INFO] Connection reset

21. Offline

hiro24

I've got a question regarding build restrictions. We have kind of a "centerpiece city" on our map, w/ stalls for player shops. We use ChestShop plugin, which uses signs that become locked to the player for selling/buying items. So I'm looking for a way to just allow players to place signs within the city. So far I've tried defining an open region w/ worldguard, but it can't get above the towny permissions. I don't want to open the entire city to build.. that would be a disaster, and I can't find a place anywhere in the config that just lets for example.. signs be placed regardless of build permissions. I'd love to be able to let my users add/modify their own shops w/o admin intervention. Anybody have any ideas on how I can set this type of thing up?

22. Offline

Aeron

I updated server from iConomy 5 to 6, and added Register.jar to plugins folder, now when, lets say I want to use command: /town deposit 100, it gives this error:
    [Towny] Economy error. Incorrect install.

Also I've updated the towny to DEV version.

23. Offline

LlmDl

This was fixed in Dev, update to the dev, look for the posts in which I link "Read This Post", it's in the last couple pages.
    That's tough, I take it all the players are from different towns? They aren't members of the centerpiece city? I think you'll find it easiest to un-towny the shops' actual space, leave that to WG regions which get sold to the respective players. Use towny to claim the rest of the city.
    You need to pastebin.com full errors when you report them. Please Pastebin.com the startup sequence or just join the IRC where this stuff gets worked out easily.

24. Offline

Aeron

LlmDl,

I already did in IRC channel of Towny, and a guy with nickname ElgarL helped me solve the issue, now everything works fine, but still searching for a plugin, that was incompatible with Register

LlmDl likes this.
  25. Offline

MJRamon

Last Towny build, 1185 bukkit (RB)
    Level: CRITICAL

I have again this error!
    [Towny] Loading Error: Could not read resident data 'FrIeNd_63lol'.

residents.txt:
    FrIeNd_63lol is in the list

residents folder:
    There is FrIeNd.txt

And thus the plugin doesn't load and everybody can destroy towns...

26. Offline

LlmDl

Those don't match do they? Also don't ever use the word Latest when describing a version, get the number.

27. Offline

MJRamon

You didn't get it? User FrIeNd_63lol, file: FrIeNd.txt
    It is a bug of Towny - underscore not supported

28. Offline

LlmDl

Underscores are supported, change the .txt to FrIeNd_63lol.txt

29. Offline

MJRamon

I've changed it. But.. how that could happen? And what if that will happen again?

What steps will reproduce the problem?
    /town spawn doesn't work for players

What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
    Town spawn travel is forbidden

What is your towny build?
    0.76.1.14 dev

What is your bukkit build?
    1185 RB, Essentials GroupManager (SuperMerm Support), iConomy, Register

In permissions:
    - towny.nation.*
    - towny.nation.new
    - towny.publicspawntp
    - towny.spawntp
    - towny.top
    - towny.town.claim
    - towny.town.delete
    - towny.town.new
    - towny.town.plot
    - towny.town.rename
    - towny.town.resident
    - towny.town.toggle.*
    - towny.wild.*

In the config file:
    allow_town_spawn: 'true'

What operating system?
    FreeBSD

30. Offline

LlmDl

I've posted the new town spawn nodes a bajillion times in the last few pages, look for a link that says Read This Post, whenever I tell people to update to dev.

31. Offline

MJRamon

Okey, thanks