[SEC/FUN/INFO/CHAT/TP] Towny Advanced v0.88.0.0 - Land and town management [3020+ 1.7.2-R0.3]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by ElgarL, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Plugin: Towny
    [​IMG]

New Towny Website!

Taking Shades' Towny a step farther.

A versatile, player-controlled land management plugin for use with Bukkit/Tekkit/Spigot/Libigot, offering solutions for pvp, griefing, chat, inflated economies and monsters.

Features (open)

Towny includes a wide variety of features to offer instant enhancements to your traditional Minecraft server.
    • Allows players to own and manage land based on a pre-set grid layout.
      • Players join towns and purchase plots of land.
      • Players decide who can build, destroy, use "switchs" and use items on every plot they control.
      • Towns can join together into nations, further structuring a server into teams.
      • Towns grant protection from monsters, pvp, fire, explosions and greifing.
    • Wilderness Rules (Optional)
      • Area between towns is wilderness, with its own build permissions.
      • Limit players' interaction with the wild to just harvest-able blocks, keeping the wild pristine.
      • Roll-back tnt, creeper, wither explosions, dragon damage and endermen block-moving.
      • Block explosions and fire.
    • PVP Enhancements
      • Server with a strong PVP aspect will find Towny's grouping of players to be invaluable.
      • Prevent friendly-fire. (Optional)
      • Nations split players into larger teams.
      • Nations can declare other nations to be allies or enemies, further splitting players into even larger teams.
      • PVP can be turned on/off in wilderness, towns and worlds. (Optional)
    • Teleporting/Warping and Spawning (Optional)
      • Players can spawn to their town upon death.
      • Players can spawn to their town or a town that is within their nation/allied with their nation.
    • Customized modified chat. (Optional)
      • Colours, group prefixes and suffixes, nation, town, towny titles.
      • Channels for general, local, town, nation, moderator, admin and custom channels.
      • Anti-spam feature.
    • Shop plugin support. (Optional)
      • Limit shops to special Shop Plots, enhancing realism.
    • Economy plugin interaction. (Optional)
      • Supports all economy plugins.
      • Charge money for plots, towns, nations.
      • Flexible tax system.
      • Upkeep to remove money from the economy, stopping rampant inflation.
    • All Permissions Plugins supported. (Optional)
      • Perms 2/3, GroupManager, BukkitPermissions, bPermissions, PermissionsEx, etc.
    • Multiworld Support
      • Flexible settings for every world.
      • Enable/disable Towny in as many worlds as you like.

REQUIRES
    • No other plugins, but is best with Questioner, so that invitations are given by Towns and Nations to residents and towns.
    Optional
    • Questioner 0.6
    • Essentials 2.5+ - (Towny /town spawn's obey Essentials teleport cooldown)
    • All permissions plugins are supported and provide greater customization (recomend GroupManager).
    • Economy plugin of your choice.
    (We no longer recommend using PEX at all. It breaks TownyPerms due to the reflection PEX performs.)
    Supported Economy Plugins
    • iConomy 5.01
    • iConomy 4/5 *
    • iConomy 6 *
    • EssentialsEco *
    • BOSEconomy *
    • Craftconomy *
    • * Requires Register.jar 1.8+ (or Vault) in your plugins folder.
    • Any Vault-capable economy plugin that supports false-player accounts. (Do not use register if your economy plugin is supported by vault.)
    Plugins That Support Towny
    Download Towny
    • Release Version: Link
    • Dev Versions/Jenkins: Link (Majorly Different - Visit IRC channel before using.)
    • Install Guide
    Wiki
    Towny Wiki Site

Suggestions and Issues
    Make a suggestion - Link
    Report an issue - Link
    • Credits: Many thanks to all contributers including, but not limited to: Fuzziewuzzie, Shadeness, LlmDl, SwearWord and dumptruckman.

2. Offline

Blackswordsman

It would be awesome if you could select areas of land using something like world edits selection tool.

3. Offline

J. D.

Hey guys, I got a quick question:

Are pistons not supposed to be able to push/pull blocks within a different plot in Towny Advanced? We've been encountering this problem on my server where we do a lot of heavy redstone and piston work. If we unclaim the plots then they will push and pull the blocks regularly, but if a piston is in one plot and the block it needs to move is in another it will simply not move. I can't seem to find anything in the Towny settings to toggle this or disable whatever it is that is keeping us from being able to move said blocks with pistons. Any feedback would be appreciated.

4. Offline

Valtos

Hi Guys

A have installed the new Version of Towny (0.74.0) from 0.72.1. All works fine.
    I have updated my Plugin (because its hooked with Towny) and all works.

After one day (directly after collect Taxes), the City (at the moment we have only one city) will be removed.
    On FileSystem the Town is moved to
    Also in towns.txt the Town disappears.

Any idea why this happens?
    Code:
    2011-08-23 06:16:04 [INFO] [Management] Sparta claimed one new TownBlock.
    2011-08-23 22:32:47 [INFO] [mcMMO] Reconnecting to MySQL...
    2011-08-23 22:32:47 [INFO] [mcMMO] Connection success!
    2011-08-23 22:32:47 [INFO] Jac** [/91.45.***.***:50444] logged in with entity id 28455 at ([Ny_World] -160.79027982557113, 65.5, -243.67174274563445)
    2011-08-23 22:32:57 [INFO] [Management] CommandPreprocess: /list
    2011-08-23 22:33:41 [INFO] Connection reset
    2011-08-23 22:33:41 [INFO] Jac** lost connection: disconnect.quitting
    2011-08-23 22:35:44 [INFO] Jac** [/91.45.***.***:50451] logged in with entity id 29542 at ([Ny_World] -166.46977915284577, 65.0, -239.48811947058525)
    2011-08-23 22:57:49 [INFO] Connection reset
    2011-08-23 22:57:49 [INFO] Jac** lost connection: disconnect.quitting
    2011-08-23 23:06:29 [INFO] Jac** [/91.45.***.***:50468] logged in with entity id 60927 at ([Ny_World] -174.55631393774271, 20.0, -258.67555347197776)
    2011-08-23 23:46:15 [INFO] [Management] CommandPreprocess: /list
    2011-08-24 00:00:01 [INFO] [Global Message] Jac**: A new day is here! Taxes and rent have been collected
    2011-08-24 00:00:01 [INFO] [Global Message] Jac**: Sparta couldn't afford to remain a town.
    2011-08-24 00:06:04 [INFO] [Management] ?6Biggs?f's applied Town doesn't exist!
    2011-08-24 00:06:04 [INFO] [Management] ?6Biggs?f's applied Town doesn't exist!
    2011-08-24 00:16:04 [INFO] [Management] ?6Biggs?f's applied Town doesn't exist!
    2011-08-24 00:16:04 [INFO] [Management] ?6Biggs?f's applied Town doesn't exist!

5. Pistons will only push between similary owned plots. It's to prevent resident/war griefing.
    So long as all plots you want to push blocks between are either unowned or have the same owner they will work. If it crosses a boundary it will be stopped at the boarder.

You have upkeep enabled and the town ran out of funds to pay that daily upkeep.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2016
  6. Offline

Phibedy

Hello, what I have to change, that residents who were kicked can open their chest, to take their things out?
    I don´t notify any changes if I add someone to my friendslist. They are not asked if they want be my friend.
    I can´t find any information about it in the wiki :'(

It would be cool, if u could add spawnpoints for outposts.
    /town claim Outpost [name]
    /t spawn Outpost [name]
    Just an idee I got because of multiworld.

best regards Phil

7. Offline

Valtos

Hm let's have a look.
    If that is the mistake, it is a stupid fail from my side.
    Maybe you can add a Log-Message if a Town is moved to deleted with the reason why.

8. Offline

Darkhand81

Similar to this, but my dream is for Towny to tie in with WorldEdit's CUI.

Imagine being able to see where your town's borders end, or being able to walk along and see where all the existing plots are without having to use /town claim and hope that you're in an unclaimed plot that's far enough away from the others.

9. If a town is removed during upkeep/taxation it posts to the server.log and also to the towny log in the towny logs folder.

Plans are being looked at for fences around towns or some way to indicate plot/town borders.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

10. Offline

Tagz

Is it possible to have the settings that are set in the config file, such as outsider destruction on, not toggleable by the mayor of a town?
    I have the mob spawning in towns set to off in the config, how can i also here be sure that a mayor cannot toggle this back on?
    Also, I have the force_pvp set to on in the config, however no one can damage other players, whether in the same town or not, while inside a town claimed block?

found the pvp side of it, just forced it on from within the game :)

11. Offline

Primis

I have a bit of a problem, every day on my server the plots "drift" by one block. I know this because I put roads at the edges of them, and they've biased themselves 4 blocks west. Is this just me? my config: http://pastebin.com/gahQ60sA

12. Offline

LlmDl

Sounds like someone is moving your roads. Unless your in-game coordinates are phsyically moving where 0,0 is your townblocks shouldn't be moving.

13. Offline

Maerlin

If this "issue" will be fixed in some future release that doesn't require going for Dev-release, there's no problem, I'll just wait. :)

14. Offline

Primis

The homeblock is moving as well. If anyone want to see what I mean, PM me and I'll send you a link to the server

15. Offline

LlmDl

It is entirely fixed in the dev and will be included in the next release, thanks to a wonderful user who zipped up his towny folder for us and made tracking down this illusive bug possible.

You can join the IRC if you want to chat, PMing is too slow. It's linked in the first post. I'll be around for most of the day.

16. Offline

J. D.

Oh, I certainly understand the reasoning behind that however the problem still persists if the plots are unowned so we need to unclaim them to fix this which isn't ideal since then the plots lack protection. We will fiddle around with one person owning all of the plots and see what that gets us. Thank you for the reply.

17. Offline

Mando501

18. Offline

scarletomato

Any way you could add the toggleable flags to the individual plots as well? Or to the resident menu?

19. Offline

Retricide

Would a multi-world toggle be possible?
    I.E. enabled in one world, but completely disabled in another?
    It'd be much appreciated.

20. Offline

LlmDl

Towny doesn't like one of your residents, if you haven't started a town yet just delete the data folder in the towny folder.

That's planned to be added in the next few releases which have a focus on upgrading plots in Towny.

Already there, standing in a world type /tw toggle usingtowny
    and towny will not be used on that world.

21. Offline

Retricide

Thank you.

22. Offline

Odai

2011-08-24 09:31:23 [INFO] [Towny] Database: [Load] flatfile [Save] flatfile
    2011-08-24 09:31:23 [INFO] [Towny] Using: Permissions, iConomy, Essentials
    2011-08-24 09:31:23 [INFO] [Towny Error] Detected an error with the world files. Attempting to repair
    2011-08-24 09:31:23 [INFO] [Towny Error] Detected an error with the world files. Attempting to repair
    2011-08-24 09:31:23 [INFO] [Towny] Version: 0.74.0 - Mod Enabled

this allways happens on start, is there anything i can do against it?

23. You can update to Dev which will fix it.

Dev will be pushed to release soon

24. Offline

Dagumboss

I seriously have to back up my entire server to upgrade? Wow.

25. You should always backup. ESPECIALLY when upgrading.

26. Offline

Maerlin

Perfect! :)

27. Offline

NotYetRated

I backup my ENTIRE server 2x a day to a different PC which is backed up nightly and stored for 2 months. You should realize MC is BETA and bukkit is not yet done. Not to mention all of these plugins are still being developed. Backups are 110% necessary. Even if this were all final release stuff, backups are just smart for any server admin.

28. Offline

MikE016

i enabled to delete te old residents but it delete just one resident ad makes this error.

Pleas help

# if enabled old residents will be kicked and deleted from a town
    # after Two months (default) of not logging in
    delete_old_residents: true
    deleted_after_time: 5184000000

2011-08-25 02:00:20 [INFO] [Towny] Deleting resident: ***********
    2011-08-25 02:00:20 [SEVERE] java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
    2011-08-25 02:00:20 [SEVERE] at java.util.AbstractList$Itr.checkForComodification(Unknown Source)
    2011-08-25 02:00:20 [SEVERE] at java.util.AbstractList$Itr.next(Unknown Source)
    2011-08-25 02:00:20 [SEVERE] at com.palmergames.bukkit.towny.object.TownyUniverse.removeResidentList(TownyUniverse.java:1120)
    2011-08-25 02:00:20 [SEVERE] at com.palmergames.bukkit.towny.DailyTimerTask.run(DailyTimerTask.java:50)
    2011-08-25 02:00:20 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftWorker.run(CraftWorker.java:34)
    2011-08-25 02:00:20 [SEVERE] at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

29. Without version info we can't start to help.

30. Offline

Mister_H

Would it be Default Commands? its been causing alot of problems lately...

31. Offline

bubbibjQrnen

ok, so i haven't got permissions... BUT i would like to know where to change a setting so everyone can build in the wilderness...??? where do i do that?? WITHOUT ANY PERMISSION PLUGIN :D