[SEC/FUN/INFO/CHAT/TP] Towny Advanced v0.88.0.0 - Land and town management [3020+ 1.7.2-R0.3]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by ElgarL, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Plugin: Towny
    [​IMG]

New Towny Website!

Taking Shades' Towny a step farther.

A versatile, player-controlled land management plugin for use with Bukkit/Tekkit/Spigot/Libigot, offering solutions for pvp, griefing, chat, inflated economies and monsters.

Features (open)

Towny includes a wide variety of features to offer instant enhancements to your traditional Minecraft server.
    • Allows players to own and manage land based on a pre-set grid layout.
      • Players join towns and purchase plots of land.
      • Players decide who can build, destroy, use "switchs" and use items on every plot they control.
      • Towns can join together into nations, further structuring a server into teams.
      • Towns grant protection from monsters, pvp, fire, explosions and greifing.
    • Wilderness Rules (Optional)
      • Area between towns is wilderness, with its own build permissions.
      • Limit players' interaction with the wild to just harvest-able blocks, keeping the wild pristine.
      • Roll-back tnt, creeper, wither explosions, dragon damage and endermen block-moving.
      • Block explosions and fire.
    • PVP Enhancements
      • Server with a strong PVP aspect will find Towny's grouping of players to be invaluable.
      • Prevent friendly-fire. (Optional)
      • Nations split players into larger teams.
      • Nations can declare other nations to be allies or enemies, further splitting players into even larger teams.
      • PVP can be turned on/off in wilderness, towns and worlds. (Optional)
    • Teleporting/Warping and Spawning (Optional)
      • Players can spawn to their town upon death.
      • Players can spawn to their town or a town that is within their nation/allied with their nation.
    • Customized modified chat. (Optional)
      • Colours, group prefixes and suffixes, nation, town, towny titles.
      • Channels for general, local, town, nation, moderator, admin and custom channels.
      • Anti-spam feature.
    • Shop plugin support. (Optional)
      • Limit shops to special Shop Plots, enhancing realism.
    • Economy plugin interaction. (Optional)
      • Supports all economy plugins.
      • Charge money for plots, towns, nations.
      • Flexible tax system.
      • Upkeep to remove money from the economy, stopping rampant inflation.
    • All Permissions Plugins supported. (Optional)
      • Perms 2/3, GroupManager, BukkitPermissions, bPermissions, PermissionsEx, etc.
    • Multiworld Support
      • Flexible settings for every world.
      • Enable/disable Towny in as many worlds as you like.

REQUIRES
    • No other plugins, but is best with Questioner, so that invitations are given by Towns and Nations to residents and towns.
    Optional
    • Questioner 0.6
    • Essentials 2.5+ - (Towny /town spawn's obey Essentials teleport cooldown)
    • All permissions plugins are supported and provide greater customization (recomend GroupManager).
    • Economy plugin of your choice.
    (We no longer recommend using PEX at all. It breaks TownyPerms due to the reflection PEX performs.)
    Supported Economy Plugins
    • iConomy 5.01
    • iConomy 4/5 *
    • iConomy 6 *
    • EssentialsEco *
    • BOSEconomy *
    • Craftconomy *
    • * Requires Register.jar 1.8+ (or Vault) in your plugins folder.
    • Any Vault-capable economy plugin that supports false-player accounts. (Do not use register if your economy plugin is supported by vault.)
    Plugins That Support Towny
    Download Towny
    • Release Version: Link
    • Dev Versions/Jenkins: Link (Majorly Different - Visit IRC channel before using.)
    • Install Guide
    Wiki
    Towny Wiki Site

Suggestions and Issues
    Make a suggestion - Link
    Report an issue - Link
    • Credits: Many thanks to all contributers including, but not limited to: Fuzziewuzzie, Shadeness, LlmDl, SwearWord and dumptruckman.

2. Offline

asm0deus

If you are talking about plugins/towny/data/worlds/ there is nothing inside (except an emtpy "deleted" folder).

"Could you pastebin.com your world.txt and world_neather.txt it sounds like your eorld_neather.txt is bugged."

worlds.txt in towny/data/ is empty as well. I do not have a "world_neather.txt" file in this directory.

This is a fresh install. I've never used Towny. I've tried deleting the plugin and folders, re-downloading (in order to recreate the folder structure) and I have the same issue.

Thanks for the recommendations, please let me know if I've misunderstood your suggestions.

3. Offline

LlmDl

You can use /ta set mayor {townname} npc
    to leave town and start another one while an imaginary 'npc' mayors your town. You can also invite ppl to any town with /ta town {townname} add {resident}. Allowing you to control two or more towns at once.

4. Offline

0otf

Oh thanks and good point I was just thinking that since my server is just getting started i could use it to get the town(s) started and then change it to closed. Also in my town i don't allow building unless you buy a plot which costs 250, and that's a decent amount so griefers wouldn't go through the trouble of getting the money. I'm also willing to donate if it helps. And again thanks I'm gonna go post it now.

5. Offline

LlmDl

Are you using a multiworld plugin that is creating a world_neather folder? MC's default is world_nether.

6. Offline

Auroraah

Thank you so much!

7. Offline

asm0deus

sorry for the confusion, that was a typo. it is indeed world_nether

i am using mcmyadmin and default command plugin if that matters (among others)

8. Offline

JdeR

Same problem here and i have off the nether world:

Code:
    level-name=world
    allow-nether=false
    And this is my error

Code:
    05:43:04 [INFO] [Towny] Database: [Load] flatfile [Save] flatfile
    05:43:04 [INFO] [Towny] Loading Error: Could not read world data 'world'.
    05:43:04 [INFO] [Towny] Error: Failed to load!

9. Offline

Zalastri

I asked earlier but got no response, could you make a factions -> towny converter? I'd be willing to pay if necessary.

10. Offline

asm0deus

ok, so it has nothing to do with nether, towny is havng problems loading any world. jder, are you using mcmyadmn or anything that we may have the same. is anyone working on the newest version?

11. Offline

0otf

What is the command to accept a town invite? i coundn't find it on the command list

12. Offline

JdeR

Im using 1.7.2 Server and i tried only with this plugins:

PermissionEx
    Questioner
    iConomy5
    AdmcCmd

Anyway, this is my config:

Code:
    using_essentials: false
    using_iconomy: true
    using_permissions: false
    using_questioner: true
    y desactivated permissions because i dont know if its compat with PermissionEx (i suppose yes but not sure)

13. Offline

LlmDl

It should display both /accept and /deny when you receive an invite. Are you using Questioner alongside Towny?

14. Offline

0otf

Yeah but when i invited someone to my town he tried /accept and it didn't work, and it didnt give him a msg either. Also i didnt get any errors on the console.

15. Offline

asm0deus

Maybe there is a permission needed to accept that you didn't grant?

16. Offline

0otf

oooh thats possible is there a topic for the questioner plugin or was it just made for towny?

17. Offline

asm0deus

Anyone have any ideas on on Jder's issue and mine (failing to "read" world).

I'm using PermissionsEx too... Though I dont see how that would cause towny to not read the world folder.

update: I disabled all addons but Towny and it's still doing it. I'm stumped...

18. Offline

MeinerHosen

I would just like to say y'all are awesome and I've been waiting for someone to take this plugin completely on their shoulders and drive it forward.

Thank you so much from me and all of my players.

19. Offline

CombatWiZ

I get the same error as asm0deus above.

First time running Towny Advanced and I get an area saying this.

2011-07-10 02:40:41 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version Beta 1.7.2
    2011-07-10 02:40:41 [INFO] Loading properties
    2011-07-10 02:40:41 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on 192.168.1.105:25565
    2011-07-10 02:40:41 [INFO] This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-904-g9277096-b953jnks (MC: 1.7.2)
    2011-07-10 02:40:41 [INFO] Preparing level "1337craft"
    2011-07-10 02:40:41 [INFO] Preparing start region for level 0 (Seed: -3509036824331634984)
    2011-07-10 02:40:42 [INFO] Preparing spawn area: 73%
    2011-07-10 02:40:42 [INFO] [Towny] Database: [Load] flatfile [Save] flatfile
    2011-07-10 02:40:42 [INFO] [Towny] Loading Error: Could not read world data '1337craft'.
    2011-07-10 02:40:42 [INFO] [Towny] Error: Failed to load!
    2011-07-10 02:40:42 [INFO] [Towny] Version: 0.72.0 - Mod Disabled
    2011-07-10 02:40:42 [INFO] Done (0.150s)! For help, type "help" or "?"

I took out all of my plugins and left Towny, deleted my world and the nether world but it still says this :(

EDIT: Just read the other replies, got the same results as asm0deus

20. Offline

Sayshal

Ive got an issue..
    Here is the error:
    http://pastebin.com/V7KA9igK
    And here is my config:
    http://pastebin.com/vNBEtSTS

21. Check yothe file in question it's complaining about. Then also check any residents/mayors/towns listed are actually in teh residents/towns/nations.txt's..

22. Offline

JdeR

Ey. What about the world failed problem Elgarl?

23. Offline

sk17

hey after i installed towny for some reason i cant use the /list cmd of essentials but all other cmds work of ess,
    error:http://pastebin.com/LDpZEYmt
    and thnx for the help in the past :)

24. Offline

LlmDl

That doesn't look like towny's the reason you're getting an error. Make sure your essentials is up to date?
    You still haven't pastenbin'd any files for us. Pastebin your config.yml, your server's full startup sequence and any files you have in your /towny/data/worlds folder.

25. Offline

Fazuul

In Towny 0.72, Essentials no longer respects /t and /r aliases, it instead maps them to its own /tell and /reply commands.

CB #953
    Essentials 2.4.2
    Towny 0.72

26. Offline

LlmDl

Towny uses bukkit's alias management, until Essentials does as well, essentials will override towny's config.yml aliases that conflict.

27. Offline

dlmarti

Problem; mod won't start, kicks out error

Code:
    13:17:13 [INFO] [Towny] Database: [Load] flatfile [Save] flatfile
    13:17:13 [INFO] [Towny] Loading Error: Could not read world data 'world'.
    13:17:13 [INFO] [Towny] Error: Failed to load!
    13:17:13 [INFO] [Towny] Version: 0.72.0 - Mod Disabled

I assume it means the world.txt file in the towny plugin directory. All the .txt files are blank (this is a fresh install).
    It appears like I am missing a configuration step maybe? but I could not find out what.

28. Offline

asm0deus

Sorry LlmD, I thought you understood that the error happens on the default config as well. I've tried setting it up per the config instructions as well as a brand new config. world txt files are blank as I've stated (and the user above) so there is nothing to give to you.

I'm pretty sure that the new build isn't working for anyone with a fresh install. Can someone confirm that they have installed towny .72+ (not upgraded) and is working because I don't think anyone is...

29. Offline

brzavr

I have the same thing :)
    Code:
    [INFO] [Towny] Database: [Load] flatfile [Save] flatfile
    [INFO] [Towny] Loading Error: Could not read world data 'CW2'.
    [INFO] [Towny] Error: Failed to load!
    [INFO] [Towny] Version: 0.72.0 - Mod Disabled
    all txt files in plugins/Towny/data/.. is empty

CB 953
    several plugins: WE, WG, BB, Permissions. iConomy, Craftbook, LWC, xWarp and other

30. Offline

LlmDl

Sorry gents, I've reported and filed this issue, it does appear to be a fresh-istall problem only. Should be fixed today/ASAP. Thanks for the feedback!

Code:
    towns=
    pvp=true
    claimable=true
    usingDefault=true
    unclaimedZoneBuild=false
    unclaimedZoneDestroy=false
    unclaimedZoneSwitch=false
    unclaimedZoneItemUse=false
    unclaimedZoneName=Wilderness
    unclaimedZoneIgnoreIds=6,14,15,16,17,18,21,31,37,38,39,40,50,56,65,66,73,74,81,82,83,86,89
    usingTowny=true

Anyone having a world.txt error on startup can save this as world.txt (and world_nether.txt and any other worlds you have running,) into their /towny/data/worlds/ folder.
    Be sure to set the unclaimedZone bits if you don't use permission nodes to provide wilderness building/destroy.

This is for fresh installs only!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
    brzavr likes this.
  31. Offline

Sylent

Thanks for the fix. Worked perfectly :D