[SEC/FUN/INFO/CHAT/TP] Towny Advanced v0.88.0.0 - Land and town management [3020+ 1.7.2-R0.3]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by ElgarL, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Plugin: Towny
    [​IMG]

New Towny Website!

Taking Shades' Towny a step farther.

A versatile, player-controlled land management plugin for use with Bukkit/Tekkit/Spigot/Libigot, offering solutions for pvp, griefing, chat, inflated economies and monsters.

Features (open)

Towny includes a wide variety of features to offer instant enhancements to your traditional Minecraft server.
    • Allows players to own and manage land based on a pre-set grid layout.
      • Players join towns and purchase plots of land.
      • Players decide who can build, destroy, use "switchs" and use items on every plot they control.
      • Towns can join together into nations, further structuring a server into teams.
      • Towns grant protection from monsters, pvp, fire, explosions and greifing.
    • Wilderness Rules (Optional)
      • Area between towns is wilderness, with its own build permissions.
      • Limit players' interaction with the wild to just harvest-able blocks, keeping the wild pristine.
      • Roll-back tnt, creeper, wither explosions, dragon damage and endermen block-moving.
      • Block explosions and fire.
    • PVP Enhancements
      • Server with a strong PVP aspect will find Towny's grouping of players to be invaluable.
      • Prevent friendly-fire. (Optional)
      • Nations split players into larger teams.
      • Nations can declare other nations to be allies or enemies, further splitting players into even larger teams.
      • PVP can be turned on/off in wilderness, towns and worlds. (Optional)
    • Teleporting/Warping and Spawning (Optional)
      • Players can spawn to their town upon death.
      • Players can spawn to their town or a town that is within their nation/allied with their nation.
    • Customized modified chat. (Optional)
      • Colours, group prefixes and suffixes, nation, town, towny titles.
      • Channels for general, local, town, nation, moderator, admin and custom channels.
      • Anti-spam feature.
    • Shop plugin support. (Optional)
      • Limit shops to special Shop Plots, enhancing realism.
    • Economy plugin interaction. (Optional)
      • Supports all economy plugins.
      • Charge money for plots, towns, nations.
      • Flexible tax system.
      • Upkeep to remove money from the economy, stopping rampant inflation.
    • All Permissions Plugins supported. (Optional)
      • Perms 2/3, GroupManager, BukkitPermissions, bPermissions, PermissionsEx, etc.
    • Multiworld Support
      • Flexible settings for every world.
      • Enable/disable Towny in as many worlds as you like.

REQUIRES
    • No other plugins, but is best with Questioner, so that invitations are given by Towns and Nations to residents and towns.
    Optional
    • Questioner 0.6
    • Essentials 2.5+ - (Towny /town spawn's obey Essentials teleport cooldown)
    • All permissions plugins are supported and provide greater customization (recomend GroupManager).
    • Economy plugin of your choice.
    (We no longer recommend using PEX at all. It breaks TownyPerms due to the reflection PEX performs.)
    Supported Economy Plugins
    • iConomy 5.01
    • iConomy 4/5 *
    • iConomy 6 *
    • EssentialsEco *
    • BOSEconomy *
    • Craftconomy *
    • * Requires Register.jar 1.8+ (or Vault) in your plugins folder.
    • Any Vault-capable economy plugin that supports false-player accounts. (Do not use register if your economy plugin is supported by vault.)
    Plugins That Support Towny
    Download Towny
    • Release Version: Link
    • Dev Versions/Jenkins: Link (Majorly Different - Visit IRC channel before using.)
    • Install Guide
    Wiki
    Towny Wiki Site

Suggestions and Issues
    Make a suggestion - Link
    Report an issue - Link
    • Credits: Many thanks to all contributers including, but not limited to: Fuzziewuzzie, Shadeness, LlmDl, SwearWord and dumptruckman.

2. Offline

icantanswerthat

A few issues have arose.
    1. _Armageddon_ couldn't be added to a town..... any idea's?
    2. Spawn points reset on server restart
    3. Noone can t spawn even the admin / opperator
    3b. Says Town spawn travel is forbidden

Any ideas on these issues?

3. Offline

godhand1942

I am having a problem where Mobs do not spawn in Towns only.
    No matter what global or mob settings I try, it just doesn't work.
    Is this happening for anyone else? I can provide the config if you would like

4. Offline

LRFLEW

I'm trying to extend this, and see if a chunk belongs to a town or is wilderness. I need something that would work like so.
    Code:
    public boolean isWilderness (Chunk c) ;
    or even something like
    Code:
    public Town getTown (Chunk c) ;
    where wilderness returns null

5. You don't change it in the config. Those are default superperms settings. You need to assign them in permissions.

Currently Towny will only allow you to be a member of one town.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  6. Offline

tcvs

Never mind I figured it out but thanks

7. Get the dev version and see if this works for you...

public boolean isWilderness(Block block)

8. Offline

NEO

@ElgarL

Is there a way to set a towns home block. We have an issue where a towns land was completely unclaimed. Ive tried /town set homeblock.

9. If you did /town unclaim all.
    Stand where you want your town to be and do /town claim

Fixed in 0.73.2

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

10. Offline

alfskan

How can I set the world-pvp false?

I wanna enable PvP only during WAR time.

is it possible with your plugin?:)

11. Not possible at the moment. You could create an enhancement ticket over at the Wiki/repo to suggest it ;)

12. Offline

footwo

I don't get the permissions nodes inside the Towny config. Is that for when you don't use the Permissions plugin?

13. Correct, those are defaults Towny will use with bukkist build in SuperPerms if you don't have GM or permissions installed.

14. Offline

footwo

OK thanks for confirming.

15. Offline

LRFLEW

I've downloaded the dev version, but can't find the function. What class is it in? Anyways, I looked at the source for the onChunkMove function and figured out my own function for it. The only problem is I'm getting a ton of "class not found" errors when trying to hook into it :p.

16. Offline

Jesseg2

Please tell me why I am getting this error

2011-07-27 18:57:39 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling Towny v0.73.2 (Is it up to date?): null
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at ca.xshade.bukkit.towny.Towny.SetWorldFlags(Towny.java:159)
    at ca.xshade.bukkit.towny.Towny.load(Towny.java:271)
    at ca.xshade.bukkit.towny.Towny.onEnable(Towny.java:101)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:126)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:857)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:264)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:151)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:136)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:284)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:271)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:148)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:335)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

17. Offline

Vittek

First: Thanks for keeping this awesome Plugin updated Elgar!
    Might I ask for a humble suggestion? Is is possible to make the town spawn price a toggle for each town that the mayor can set?

18. In Dev version it's in the main Towny.java

19. Offline

Cosmic Break

towny config - http://pastebin.com/sLWwynMF

when trying to claim land or use /town home, users get internal error, i cant figure out whats wrong.

20. Offline

Exidous

^^^^^^This^^^^^^^

Followed upgrade instructions going from 73.1 to new build 73.2

21. Offline

LRFLEW

ok. I did figure out where the errors for my code was coming from, and once isWilderness() is in the community release, I switch to that. Thanks for you help.

22. Offline

alfskan

Code:
    09:34:00 [INFO] alfskan tried to use command /t claim
    09:34:00 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 't' i
    n plugin Towny v0.73.2
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
            at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:12
    9)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:3
    20)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.
    java:713)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:677)

at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:670)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:33)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:85)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
            at ca.xshade.bukkit.towny.PlayerCache.getLastLocation(PlayerCache.java:1
    50)
            at ca.xshade.bukkit.towny.command.TownCommand.parseTownClaimCommand(Town
    Command.java:1161)
            at ca.xshade.bukkit.towny.command.TownCommand.parseTownCommand(TownComma
    nd.java:233)
            at ca.xshade.bukkit.towny.command.TownCommand.onCommand(TownCommand.java
    :81)
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
            ... 12 more

23. Offline

Cosmic Break

Code:
    21:14:27 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'town
    ' in plugin Towny v0.73.2
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
            at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:12
    9)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:3
    20)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.
    java:713)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:677)

at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:670)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:33)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:85)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.earth2me.essentials.Teleport.telepor
    t(Lorg/bukkit/Location;Lcom/earth2me/essentials/Trade;)V
            at ca.xshade.bukkit.towny.command.TownCommand.parseTownCommand(TownComma
    nd.java:168)
            at ca.xshade.bukkit.towny.command.TownCommand.onCommand(TownCommand.java
    :81)
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)

what does this mean?

24. You didn't delete your config and english yml when you upgraded.
    Read back a few pages and find the method I posted to fix your data files (or revert to backups).

This is caused by corrupt data files, generally from NOT following the upgrade procedure.

You probably didn't delete your config and english yml when you upgraded.
    Read back a few pages and find the method I posted to fix your data files (or revert to backups).

You both need to post a clean startup log (server.log) and your config.yml's

25. Offline

alfskan

It occured when tried to claim on the town block(that already claimed.)

26. Offline

Belladonna

Can someone please tell me the features this has over Towny v0.71 Community Edition [953] . The server admin wants to know before upgrading plus he doesn't want to lose our current towns and nations.
    Any help would be appreciated

27. Offline

DJ_Idol

Hm, I'm sorry if this is already mentioned, but I looked a few pages and didn't see it. When I updated to 0.73.2 it added double prefixes for all my members. (I.E. [Citizen] [Citizen]Baron Von kaleli). I looked through the config but didn't see any config options for the prefixes, like removing them or whatnot. Any idea on how to fix this?

28. Offline

Kiborgik

spawntp permissions worked only on dev version

29. Check out the Wiki (linked in first post)
    There are HUGE bug fixes and additions since the Community edition. Towns and nations will not be lost so long as you FOLLOW the upgrade procedure.

Did you add prefixes in permissions?

Dev spawn and current 0.73.2 release spawn are idential. There are no changes.

30. Offline

KittyKatt

Hello! Towny is really fun, but i've noticed that if I have a town and in the config.yml i've written
    # maximum number of plots any single resident can own
    max_plots_per_resident: 1​
    they "the residents" can still buy how many plots they want in my city, its kinda annoying that
    some residents buy 25 plots or more because then there isnt any left for others.
    Oh also, is there any way to make the plots automaticly put up for sale if the resident leaves the town
    or write plot unclaim.
    Thanks!

31. Offline

Kiborgik

on reload in logfile version:0.73.1 and all spawns delete from town files(i ugrade from 0.73.2dev to 0.73.2