[SEC/FUN/INFO/CHAT/TP] Towny Advanced v0.88.0.0 - Land and town management [3020+ 1.7.2-R0.3]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by ElgarL, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Plugin: Towny
    [​IMG]

New Towny Website!

Taking Shades' Towny a step farther.

A versatile, player-controlled land management plugin for use with Bukkit/Tekkit/Spigot/Libigot, offering solutions for pvp, griefing, chat, inflated economies and monsters.

Features (open)

Towny includes a wide variety of features to offer instant enhancements to your traditional Minecraft server.
    • Allows players to own and manage land based on a pre-set grid layout.
      • Players join towns and purchase plots of land.
      • Players decide who can build, destroy, use "switchs" and use items on every plot they control.
      • Towns can join together into nations, further structuring a server into teams.
      • Towns grant protection from monsters, pvp, fire, explosions and greifing.
    • Wilderness Rules (Optional)
      • Area between towns is wilderness, with its own build permissions.
      • Limit players' interaction with the wild to just harvest-able blocks, keeping the wild pristine.
      • Roll-back tnt, creeper, wither explosions, dragon damage and endermen block-moving.
      • Block explosions and fire.
    • PVP Enhancements
      • Server with a strong PVP aspect will find Towny's grouping of players to be invaluable.
      • Prevent friendly-fire. (Optional)
      • Nations split players into larger teams.
      • Nations can declare other nations to be allies or enemies, further splitting players into even larger teams.
      • PVP can be turned on/off in wilderness, towns and worlds. (Optional)
    • Teleporting/Warping and Spawning (Optional)
      • Players can spawn to their town upon death.
      • Players can spawn to their town or a town that is within their nation/allied with their nation.
    • Customized modified chat. (Optional)
      • Colours, group prefixes and suffixes, nation, town, towny titles.
      • Channels for general, local, town, nation, moderator, admin and custom channels.
      • Anti-spam feature.
    • Shop plugin support. (Optional)
      • Limit shops to special Shop Plots, enhancing realism.
    • Economy plugin interaction. (Optional)
      • Supports all economy plugins.
      • Charge money for plots, towns, nations.
      • Flexible tax system.
      • Upkeep to remove money from the economy, stopping rampant inflation.
    • All Permissions Plugins supported. (Optional)
      • Perms 2/3, GroupManager, BukkitPermissions, bPermissions, PermissionsEx, etc.
    • Multiworld Support
      • Flexible settings for every world.
      • Enable/disable Towny in as many worlds as you like.

REQUIRES
    • No other plugins, but is best with Questioner, so that invitations are given by Towns and Nations to residents and towns.
    Optional
    • Questioner 0.6
    • Essentials 2.5+ - (Towny /town spawn's obey Essentials teleport cooldown)
    • All permissions plugins are supported and provide greater customization (recomend GroupManager).
    • Economy plugin of your choice.
    (We no longer recommend using PEX at all. It breaks TownyPerms due to the reflection PEX performs.)
    Supported Economy Plugins
    • iConomy 5.01
    • iConomy 4/5 *
    • iConomy 6 *
    • EssentialsEco *
    • BOSEconomy *
    • Craftconomy *
    • * Requires Register.jar 1.8+ (or Vault) in your plugins folder.
    • Any Vault-capable economy plugin that supports false-player accounts. (Do not use register if your economy plugin is supported by vault.)
    Plugins That Support Towny
    Download Towny
    • Release Version: Link
    • Dev Versions/Jenkins: Link (Majorly Different - Visit IRC channel before using.)
    • Install Guide
    Wiki
    Towny Wiki Site

Suggestions and Issues
    Make a suggestion - Link
    Report an issue - Link
    • Credits: Many thanks to all contributers including, but not limited to: Fuzziewuzzie, Shadeness, LlmDl, SwearWord and dumptruckman.

2. Offline

LlmDl

First post

3. Offline

dxm765

Hi everyone i am VERY new to the forums,and made a account just to ask a very simple question. The server i play on daily has sadly changed from using towny to something very...erm....crappy,so to keep it simple will their b a full blown,non beta,fully active version for 1.2.3 maps and such? I see that their are dev builds but sadly to me that doesnt mean it will b 100%. I'm sure ill get flamed and such but you guys have done an AMAZING job with this and i'd hate for it to just go away :'(

4. Offline

FeralinBed

Hey there. I've been trying to get Towny onto my server, and rather, getting it to work. But, whenever I try to create a new town, I get this error:

I'm sure I'm doing something blatantly wrong, but this is my first server, so I'm really unsure as to what the problem could be. If anyone could offer even the slightest bit of help, that'd be lovely. Thanks.

5. Offline

RiotShielder

Thanks I was looking all over their google page for it lol

6. Offline

LlmDl

Go read the install instructions regarding using economy plugins.

7. Offline

itsMEE

Oh. Yes I've found it. Great Plugin btw ;)

8. Offline

losdamianos

9. Offline

bram49

I have a problem that no-ops cant buy plots. and if i set a plot forsale it goes off-sale in a minute. and when someone tries to claim the plot (the plot is forsale...). then the server gives an error: "an internal error occured while attempting to perform this command" can someone please help?

10. Offline

Devolve1987

Finally got this running and working with register and questioner. The only problem is that using the command /plot claim returns an internal error. From the code it looks like a permissions error? I'm using bPermissions and my group has the permission nodes towny.town.* and towny.town.claim (all other towny nodes also) and I am OP. All other commands work nicely.

Code:
    2012-03-21 01:41:49 [INFO] [PLAYER_COMMAND] Devolve1987: /plot claim
    2012-03-21 01:41:49 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'plot' in plugin Towny v0.79.0.0
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:42)
        at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:166)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:469)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:906)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:866)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:849)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.handle(Packet3Chat.java:33)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:229)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:116)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(NetworkListenThread.java:78)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:554)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:452)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:490)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: de/bananaco/permissions/Permissions
        at com.palmergames.bukkit.towny.permissions.bPermsSource.getGroupPermissionIntNode(bPermsSource.java:68)
        at com.palmergames.bukkit.towny.TownySettings.getMaxResidentPlots(TownySettings.java:1283)
        at com.palmergames.bukkit.towny.command.PlotCommand.parsePlotCommand(PlotCommand.java:138)
        at com.palmergames.bukkit.towny.command.PlotCommand.onCommand(PlotCommand.java:75)
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:40)
        ... 12 more
    :D Nevermind, seems I didn't have latest version. all cool now.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2016
  11. Offline

tcvs

Has anyone had lag issues with admins only? Or Ops

Wait are u needing someone to show u how to use it or give examples of wut it can do?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

12. Offline

MUSTARDJAR-BMS

well i am semi-new to running making and modifying servers. i am working on a server now in which has a Towny demand. we all seem to want towny (my admins and myself). but the problem is. we SUCK with setting up towny. we had our moments where we were doing just barley ok but we were messing things up as we went on to learn stuff. THEN towny decided it never wanted to load my prompt would stop on this screen for HOURS !...
    ==========================Towny======================
    <
    sad story :'( so we decided to uninstall it and read anything and everything we could about towny and how to fix this Read timed out error. we installed it once more it WILL load now but any time we try /towny we get a null :1. i dont know what to do anymore and i dont wanna let my server down. but i need a towny expert. PLEASE ! im asking you kind readers that if any of you may be boss at towny to please help us please. it would mean a lot. and on side notes if you are any good with the following plugins please help with these too, they arent working and i can go into detail if you think you can help they are
    -lockette, groupmanager, Jobs. iConomy. and essentials, basically everything decided it wanted to kill us please help and ....well.. if we can get some serious help im sure me and my crew could work out a donation if you help is out of this tough time :) thank you please get back ASAP :)

lag as in what ?
    i have had some permissions issues lately :1
    but i have a feeling im just an idiot lolz

13. Offline

Condemned

I'm getting a bug with the latest version of towny, v0.79.1.0 on 1.1 R6 where i've set explosions to enabled for the current world using '/townyworld toggle explosion', then i've tested it on a town and the explosions blockchanges are only occuring on townland within the homeblock. In the config, i've also forced explosions for the world.
    config.yml: http://pastebin.com/cQEJNQGk

EDIT: For an additional experiment, I turned off explosions in the world and ignited a piece of TNT within the homeblock and it still did block damage. What could be causing this?

14. Offline

EmanuxJade

sorry a question, is possible make a permission node for remove delay spawn for some users?

15. Offline

PureTryOut

Is it just me or are:
    1. {group}
    2. {permprefix}
    3. {permsuffix}
    not working? I put them in the channel formats (for Global) but they just show up as blank. If I do this: [{group}], it does show the [] but does not show the group. And it also does not show the color of the groups...
    Please help, I use PermissionsBukkit

16. Offline

LlmDl

permissionsbukkit doesn't have this functionality, switch to any other permission plugin.

Put your suggestion on the tracker, linked in the first post.

Join the IRC, you're doing it wrong/haven't shown us what we need to see.

Read the second post of this thread, try again.

17. Offline

MUSTARDJAR-BMS

im not sure how to quote in this lolz. but im not fully understanding what you are saying LlmDil. are you saying i need to use a different permissions plugin ?

18. Offline

LlmDl

Yes, try this one:
    groupmanager

19. Offline

MUSTARDJAR-BMS

is there anyone i can give my server IP and name to who would be willing to look through my plugins and help me fix my problems ?. i need help really bad cuz the hours of reading and youtube videos dont seem to be working :(. i MAY. be able to give a donation to whoever can solve my server problems :1. please message me and please be kind enough to help thank you :)

i have tried group mannager before but didnt seem to work. :1 do i need to remove the permissions jar that i have in replacement with group manager ?

20. Offline

LlmDl

Yeah you wouldn't want to run two permission plugins.

21. Offline

Vittek

The Towny Dev versions runs nice on my 1.2 server-.. However when someone promotes someone in a permission group the server gets a 10 second lagspike. This does not happen without Towny and it's associated plugins. Using PermissionBukkit. Anything that can be done about it?

22. Update to very latest dev of towny, and junk pbukkit.

23. Offline

tcvs

Well All The Normal Users Are Fine But When Ever The Admins Switch Worlds There Is Major Lag And We Sometimes Get Kicked Off The Server But Only The Admins I'm Just Confused Y This Happens.

24. Offline

MUSTARDJAR-BMS

idk either my stuff lags sometimes too only when admins do stuff but not switching worlds
    sorry but i dont know the solution either :1

25. Offline

Vittek

I will try the new dev. Junking a permission system isn't as easy as you make it sound. Had I know back then that the OFFICIALLY BUKKIT ENDORSED permission plugin would end up being abandoned, I would never have switched away from GM.
    So I keep a perm switch as last ditch effort. Gonna try the dev now.

26. Offline

LlmDl

I'm fairly sure that the 'official' in the thread title was added without any actual endorsement. I changed over to GM in about 10 minutes. If you move to GM it'll be one of the last moves you'll ever need to do.

27. Offline

PureTryOut

Thanks! I switched to Group Manager and it is indeed working now!

LlmDl likes this.
  28. Offline

bwinkl04

Interested in checking this out. Anyone have a good server with Towny I can hop on?

29. Offline

erdrickk

Quick Question - If I update to the latest version of Towny to give the MySQL feature a try, is there an option or command to import all the current flat file data to the new MySQL Database?

30. Yes.

Set load: flatfile, Save: mysql in the config.yml
    Start the server.
    Change load: mysql
    issue a command of /ta reload
    You are then running all off mysql.

31. Offline

bonani