[SEC/FUN/INFO/CHAT/TP] Towny Advanced v0.88.0.0 - Land and town management [3020+ 1.7.2-R0.3]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by ElgarL, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Plugin: Towny
    [​IMG]

New Towny Website!

Taking Shades' Towny a step farther.

A versatile, player-controlled land management plugin for use with Bukkit/Tekkit/Spigot/Libigot, offering solutions for pvp, griefing, chat, inflated economies and monsters.

Features (open)

Towny includes a wide variety of features to offer instant enhancements to your traditional Minecraft server.
    • Allows players to own and manage land based on a pre-set grid layout.
      • Players join towns and purchase plots of land.
      • Players decide who can build, destroy, use "switchs" and use items on every plot they control.
      • Towns can join together into nations, further structuring a server into teams.
      • Towns grant protection from monsters, pvp, fire, explosions and greifing.
    • Wilderness Rules (Optional)
      • Area between towns is wilderness, with its own build permissions.
      • Limit players' interaction with the wild to just harvest-able blocks, keeping the wild pristine.
      • Roll-back tnt, creeper, wither explosions, dragon damage and endermen block-moving.
      • Block explosions and fire.
    • PVP Enhancements
      • Server with a strong PVP aspect will find Towny's grouping of players to be invaluable.
      • Prevent friendly-fire. (Optional)
      • Nations split players into larger teams.
      • Nations can declare other nations to be allies or enemies, further splitting players into even larger teams.
      • PVP can be turned on/off in wilderness, towns and worlds. (Optional)
    • Teleporting/Warping and Spawning (Optional)
      • Players can spawn to their town upon death.
      • Players can spawn to their town or a town that is within their nation/allied with their nation.
    • Customized modified chat. (Optional)
      • Colours, group prefixes and suffixes, nation, town, towny titles.
      • Channels for general, local, town, nation, moderator, admin and custom channels.
      • Anti-spam feature.
    • Shop plugin support. (Optional)
      • Limit shops to special Shop Plots, enhancing realism.
    • Economy plugin interaction. (Optional)
      • Supports all economy plugins.
      • Charge money for plots, towns, nations.
      • Flexible tax system.
      • Upkeep to remove money from the economy, stopping rampant inflation.
    • All Permissions Plugins supported. (Optional)
      • Perms 2/3, GroupManager, BukkitPermissions, bPermissions, PermissionsEx, etc.
    • Multiworld Support
      • Flexible settings for every world.
      • Enable/disable Towny in as many worlds as you like.

REQUIRES
    • No other plugins, but is best with Questioner, so that invitations are given by Towns and Nations to residents and towns.
    Optional
    • Questioner 0.6
    • Essentials 2.5+ - (Towny /town spawn's obey Essentials teleport cooldown)
    • All permissions plugins are supported and provide greater customization (recomend GroupManager).
    • Economy plugin of your choice.
    (We no longer recommend using PEX at all. It breaks TownyPerms due to the reflection PEX performs.)
    Supported Economy Plugins
    • iConomy 5.01
    • iConomy 4/5 *
    • iConomy 6 *
    • EssentialsEco *
    • BOSEconomy *
    • Craftconomy *
    • * Requires Register.jar 1.8+ (or Vault) in your plugins folder.
    • Any Vault-capable economy plugin that supports false-player accounts. (Do not use register if your economy plugin is supported by vault.)
    Plugins That Support Towny
    Download Towny
    • Release Version: Link
    • Dev Versions/Jenkins: Link (Majorly Different - Visit IRC channel before using.)
    • Install Guide
    Wiki
    Towny Wiki Site

Suggestions and Issues
    Make a suggestion - Link
    Report an issue - Link
    • Credits: Many thanks to all contributers including, but not limited to: Fuzziewuzzie, Shadeness, LlmDl, SwearWord and dumptruckman.

2. Offline

tyler15555

Not really, no one can connect to the server and everyone who is online when towny is enabled gets timed out. Removing Towny fixes this

3. Offline

LlmDl

Read the 2nd post of this thread.

4. Offline

The3vilm0nk3y

ok.. ive gotten the towns restored.. and the players in the towns.. but the towns banks all got reset.. are those values stored somewhere that I can locate them??

5. Offline

LlmDl

That's all done by your eco plugin. If you're using any plugin other than ico 5.01 then you'll need Register.jar 1.6, which is linked on the towny downloads page.

6. Offline

DefenestrationO

7. Offline

LlmDl

On the IRC there are people having trouble with CB2034 and Towny, we arent supporting the beta CB and will be waiting for an RB.

8. Offline

DefenestrationO

Ah, okay, once again thank you very much for your time.

9. Offline

fffizzz

is the towny_maxplots a meta line for permissions or an actual permissions node?

10. Offline

LlmDl

GM calls them info nodes, pex calls them option nodes, bperms calls them meta nodes,

11. Offline

Xanice

No one can create a town on my server... It comes out with a huge error

We'll do /town new and it will say specify town name. We'll add a town name and my cmd prompt comes up with a bunch of errors

12. Offline

tyler15555

So to test your theory of "It works just fine" I removed every plugin from my server and just installed Towny to make sure that another plugin wasn't conflicting with it, the server still crashed. I'm not trying to be rude or annoying I just want some help so I can get my server up and running.

13. Offline

LlmDl

tyler15555

14. Offline

tyler15555

Sorry, I'm using bukkit #2037 and the latest build of towny. I don't have a config set up for towny and I don't currently have a permissions plugin installed

15. Offline

LlmDl

Towny isn't supporting 1.2 builds of bukkit yet.

16. Offline

fffizzz

Ok, so I have it right, it just doesnt work, and I'm not sure why.

17. Offline

LlmDl

Towny only checks the meta nodes set for groups, are you setting it for a group or a user?

18. Offline

fffizzz

for groups
    Code:
        meta:
          prority: '50'
          prefix: '&2[Mod]&f'
          towny_maxplots: '6'

No matter what though, they end up with the ratio in the config of 2. Im gonna test something, I had an idea.. bperms has some issues with inheriting groups at the moment.

19. Offline

LlmDl

you've got a type in 'priority' (not that this would affect it).

the towny_maxplots is for personally owned plots, not how many townblocks a town can claim

20. Offline

fffizzz

holy crap, ok.. i may have read the description wrong..

I thought it was for a town admin to be able to claim more plots per member. How would that be done per group so you could have a vip group for example be able to claim 3 plots per resident? or is that not possible

21. Offline

LlmDl

not really possible, the townblock_ratio can be set to whatever you want in the config, but it applies to all groups

some people have used buycraft in the past to allow players the ability to buy townblocks received with the '/ta givebonus {townname} {amount of bonus townblocks}' command.

22. Offline

fffizzz

k, thanks. I feel stupid now. :)

23. Offline

Mr-Awesome

Towny is messed on my server! Whenever I or anyone else uses /town or /town claim or something like that, it says "An Internal Error has Occurred" and this shows in the console: http://pastebin.com/QuX60mY9 I think it has to do with iConomy but im not sure.

CraftBukkit: R6 Build Number 2034

Towny: 0.79.1.0

24. Offline

LlmDl

Get register 1.6?

25. Offline

Weird_Dude1119

I There A Way For a Admin To Claim Unlimited Town Blocks?

26. Offline

LlmDl

Admins have access to the /ta givebonus {townname} {amount}
    command, which give added townblocks to a town.

27. Offline

Mr-Awesome

I already have Register 1.6 installed.

28. Offline

alejandro999gol

i need Towny and Townychat for craftbukkit 1.2.3, Are there any suggestions?

29. Offline

superjack010

Same here. Same issue.

30. Offline

LlmDl

Mr-Awesome
    superjack010

I need to see full server startups from both of you, put them on pastebin.com and link them here, thanks.

31. Offline

superjack010

Will do, Gimme one second.

Edit: Ah... Seems I have to use the register that comes with the towny_advanced.zip... :L Works fine now.. Sorry