[SEC/FUN/INFO/CHAT/TP] Towny Advanced v0.88.0.0 - Land and town management [3020+ 1.7.2-R0.3]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by ElgarL, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Plugin: Towny
    [​IMG]

New Towny Website!

Taking Shades' Towny a step farther.

A versatile, player-controlled land management plugin for use with Bukkit/Tekkit/Spigot/Libigot, offering solutions for pvp, griefing, chat, inflated economies and monsters.

Features (open)

Towny includes a wide variety of features to offer instant enhancements to your traditional Minecraft server.
    • Allows players to own and manage land based on a pre-set grid layout.
      • Players join towns and purchase plots of land.
      • Players decide who can build, destroy, use "switchs" and use items on every plot they control.
      • Towns can join together into nations, further structuring a server into teams.
      • Towns grant protection from monsters, pvp, fire, explosions and greifing.
    • Wilderness Rules (Optional)
      • Area between towns is wilderness, with its own build permissions.
      • Limit players' interaction with the wild to just harvest-able blocks, keeping the wild pristine.
      • Roll-back tnt, creeper, wither explosions, dragon damage and endermen block-moving.
      • Block explosions and fire.
    • PVP Enhancements
      • Server with a strong PVP aspect will find Towny's grouping of players to be invaluable.
      • Prevent friendly-fire. (Optional)
      • Nations split players into larger teams.
      • Nations can declare other nations to be allies or enemies, further splitting players into even larger teams.
      • PVP can be turned on/off in wilderness, towns and worlds. (Optional)
    • Teleporting/Warping and Spawning (Optional)
      • Players can spawn to their town upon death.
      • Players can spawn to their town or a town that is within their nation/allied with their nation.
    • Customized modified chat. (Optional)
      • Colours, group prefixes and suffixes, nation, town, towny titles.
      • Channels for general, local, town, nation, moderator, admin and custom channels.
      • Anti-spam feature.
    • Shop plugin support. (Optional)
      • Limit shops to special Shop Plots, enhancing realism.
    • Economy plugin interaction. (Optional)
      • Supports all economy plugins.
      • Charge money for plots, towns, nations.
      • Flexible tax system.
      • Upkeep to remove money from the economy, stopping rampant inflation.
    • All Permissions Plugins supported. (Optional)
      • Perms 2/3, GroupManager, BukkitPermissions, bPermissions, PermissionsEx, etc.
    • Multiworld Support
      • Flexible settings for every world.
      • Enable/disable Towny in as many worlds as you like.

REQUIRES
    • No other plugins, but is best with Questioner, so that invitations are given by Towns and Nations to residents and towns.
    Optional
    • Questioner 0.6
    • Essentials 2.5+ - (Towny /town spawn's obey Essentials teleport cooldown)
    • All permissions plugins are supported and provide greater customization (recomend GroupManager).
    • Economy plugin of your choice.
    (We no longer recommend using PEX at all. It breaks TownyPerms due to the reflection PEX performs.)
    Supported Economy Plugins
    • iConomy 5.01
    • iConomy 4/5 *
    • iConomy 6 *
    • EssentialsEco *
    • BOSEconomy *
    • Craftconomy *
    • * Requires Register.jar 1.8+ (or Vault) in your plugins folder.
    • Any Vault-capable economy plugin that supports false-player accounts. (Do not use register if your economy plugin is supported by vault.)
    Plugins That Support Towny
    Download Towny
    • Release Version: Link
    • Dev Versions/Jenkins: Link (Majorly Different - Visit IRC channel before using.)
    • Install Guide
    Wiki
    Towny Wiki Site

Suggestions and Issues
    Make a suggestion - Link
    Report an issue - Link
    • Credits: Many thanks to all contributers including, but not limited to: Fuzziewuzzie, Shadeness, LlmDl, SwearWord and dumptruckman.

2. Register is NOT outdated. it works perfectly. It works with ALL eco plugins.
    The only time it breaks is when you are trying to use some ancient and outdated plugin that still uses the register source built into it's own code.

3. Offline

Claryn

Okai!

Hi.

I've been uing the Towny plugin for 1.8. Working prefectly. I didn't update it for 1.1 but it made a Memory leak, so I updated it to the newest Towny.jar found on this page.

Now my prefix/suffix' are gone, and no towny commands work. No towns are spoted on the Dynmap either.

I can provide a picture of the console if needed. Any ideas what happened?`
    (I did not change the folder, only the jar)

4. Offline

Crafting-miner

Ok i installed iConomy 6 (Celty) recently and towny config says to also install Register.jar to do the inbetween plugin interfacing
    Is there a possibility for Towny Advanced to use Vault.jar?
    Since Vault is better updated and more and more plugins are making use of Vault to do their Permissions, Economy and Chat things.

Vault currently Supports:

source: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/vault/

looking forward to your answer

5. Offline

Raser4000

My previously postet text:
    Show Spoiler
    hey everyone,
    i have the following problem:

We have, at our server, a group called "Baumeister" this group should be able to build/destroy/switch/item_use in every town and in the wild.

The wild is not the Problem, but the "Baumeister" can't destroy in towns wich are in the same nation as "he" is.

When the "Baumeister" is not in the Nation all is well.
    An abridgement from the actual permissions is this:
    Code:
    groups:
        Baumeister:
            permissions:
            - craftgroup.group.Baumeister
            - towny.claimed.*
            - towny.wild.*
            suffix: '&8 [Baumeister]&f'
            inheritance:
            - Landstreicher
    users:
        Username:
            permissions: null
            suffix: '&8 [Baumeister]&f'
            group:
            - Steinmetz
            - Baumeister
    (the group "Steinmetz" exist in the original permissions)
    with the "towny.admin.*" permission all is well, but we won't give any "Baumeister" the admin rights.
    Is this a bug in the towny-plugin or a mistake that i made in the permissions?
    I hope someone can help us.

Sorry for the missing things. Here they are:

Towny Version: 0.78.0.0
    Bukkit Version: git-Bukkit-1.1-R1-b1818jnks (MC: 1.1) (build 1818)
    Pastebin:
    Show Spoiler

Towny config.yml: http://pastebin.com/Je06qhiw
    Towny towny.log: http://pastebin.com/xP1x1jX7
    PermissionsEX permissions.yml: http://pastebin.com/F5Wtdj0f
    Server Startlog server.log: http://pastebin.com/1UzKHuzv

The User "gero500" is not in a town and can build anywhere. All other users are in a town and all users with the "Baumeister" permissions don't can build in other towns than their own but in the wild.

So i hope that are all the infos that you need.

6. Offline

Kowak

My Bukkit versione is 1.1 that DaddyCheese hosting install for me
    my towny versione is Towny_0.77.1.0.jar
    Btw which log should i put???

7. Offline

Aaron Barnaby

Bukkit: Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-1.1-R1-b1818jnks (MC: 1.1) (Implementing API version 1.1-R1)
    Towny: Towny version: 0.78.0.16
    There isn't really anything to paste that I know of appart from my plugins
    Code:
    SuperSpawn, Minequery, ScheduledAnnouncer, Transporter, FalseBookBlock, VoxelSniper, SLAMP, Spout, ItemSpawn, Vault, PermissionsEx, Multiverse-Core, Questioner, GameModePro, HardCoreWorlds, ModTRS, ScrollingMenuSign, iConomy, Register, Duels, Farming, Permissions, FalseBookIC, Votifier, FalseBookCore, Heroes, Essentials, Citizens, ATMsigns, ItemBank, WorldEdit, Towny, Multiverse-Inventories, Multiverse-SignPortals, Multiverse-NetherPortals, LWC, WorldGuard, NarrowtuxLib, dynmap, Showcase, HawkEye, EssentialsChat, Dynmap-Towny, SimpleRegionMarket, TownyChat
    All I want to do it stop it sending global messages when someone send a message when trying to use a showcase shop.
    Thanks

8. Offline

LlmDl

No bukkit version,
    no towny version,
    no startup log on pastebin.com

You should be using the dev version of towny, which supports the new CB RB. I'm not sure why your baumeisters cant build in the other town in their nation. They do have the proper node.

Your towny is old, update to the latest dev, redownloading the dev versions of Towny and Townychat. Then get the startup from server.log and put it on pastebin.com for me to look at.

Sylfaris likes this.
  9. Offline

Claryn

Pardon?

Do I have to remove all of the old Towny files?

10. Offline

Raser4000

hmmm.... it also don't work with the newest devbuild of towny. in the wild i can build but in the towns not.
    Does anyone other use the command towny.claimed.* with nations and has the same bug or is all ok? I hope someone can help me with that. Can it be a dispute with an other plugin?

11. Offline

LlmDl

tell me your version numbers and show me your startup on pastebin.com

12. Offline

Claryn

13. Offline

LlmDl

14. Offline

Kowak

Hello,
    i finally installed Towny wihout permission nodes in PEX.
    Btw i have a question.
    I set the claim block to 64, but where can i set the "plot claim" block? In the config i can't find it.
    Another thing... how can i make the city not public, so that only resident can build/destroy exc?

CB: 1597

15. Offline

firecombat4

All my plugins are updated to atleast 1.0 and half of them are 1.1 now, the only plugin thats old and broken is register ...

16. Offline

dark1256

/town spawn is not working... after every restart it says: Town has not set a spawn location

Im using RB 1.1

17. Offline

TryHarde

http://pastebin.com/80GpfrWW
    Running latest build, running the dev version, still it bugs out.
    Also, for some reason Prefixes aren't working.

18. First of all -> Hello

May be you can help me with my problem. I'm setting up a server with towny costa me severals nervs :D now towny runs with iconomy and a few other plugins. Now here we go ....

Tts possible for me to creat a town but i cannot buy a singe further plot it says

"processign plot claim..."
    "Sucessfully claimed[]"

nothing else .... but the junk is still unclaimed.

http://pastebin.com/zuzMqV68
    Bukkti v: git-bukkit.1.1.-R1-b1818jnks (MC 1.1)
    Towny dev: 0.78.0.19

Did i forget sth. in the permissions? Guess not it's claiming... would be really awesome if you could help me.

Big Thx for your work and your help.

19. Offline

Claryn

http://pastebin.com/PNH6SQ1p
    This is my server log now.

Is it the right verson now?
    If not, please send me the download link to the newest WORKING build. And an eventually guide on how to update it, because the other guides says I have to change alot of the files.

I do not have to keep the old towns.

Edit:

I get this error when someone logs on. (I have downloaded the newest DEV VERSON. Linked on THIS thread. So don't tell me its wrong.

http://pastebin.com/fqWbHmN0

With TownyChat the prefixes and suffixes are fucked up.
    The class called Admin, got the suffix Admin. Now in the chat, it changed to "ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN [NAME] ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN : "

20. Is Register.jar still required to be in the plugins folder?

21. Offline

Tommehnet

How can I set it that residents can -only- claim land for sale, and not any town plot? Residents try to use the /plot claim command but it comes up with a permissions error, what permission node do I need to use?

Is it possible for the wilderness to regenerate upon general destroy (not just creeper explosion), e.g. wilderness mining?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2018
  22. Offline

LlmDl

Have the mayor or assistant type '/town set spawn' in their homeblock. Sounds like they lost their spawnpoint.

Look at like 25 and 26, your nation Cryptic lists a town called ROME which isn't listed in the towns.txt file. If the Towns folder has a ROME.txt then add ROME to towns.txt. If it doesn't have a ROME.txt then remove ROME from the nation file in nations\Cryptic.txt

When claiming property for your town use /town claim, not /plot claim. /Plot claim is only used on plots that have had /plot forsale done to them.

Download the dev version of towny from the links in the first post. Your problem is likely that you're using Perms 3.1.6, which works in the dev version, not the release version. As for the chat, you'll have a new channels.yml when you update to dev, in which you can edit yoru chat line for each channel.

Yes it is unless your eco plugin happens to be iconomy 5.01

Try towny.town.plot

23. Offline

xwyz

EarthQuake! Help!

Today, my town ruined by towny. Yesterday, i changed townblocks from TOWNBLOCKS folder.

BUKKIT VER: Bukkit-1.0.1-R1-b1597jnks
    [Towny] Database: [Load] flatfile [Save] flatfile
    [Towny] Using: Permissions v2.7.7, Register v1.5
    [Towny] Time until a New Day: 5 hours, 54 minutes, 27 seconds
    [Towny] Version: 0.78.0.10 - Mod Enabled
    Vault Version 1.2.5-b59
    WorldGuard version 5.4

[​IMG]

24. Offline

billbonty

I am having a problem with permissions (most likely) and have searched the threads... but i haven't found my solution yet, so i figured i would ask.
    ok, so i get this message when i try to add delaney795 to my town:
    [Towny] delaney795 is not permitted to join a town.
    [Towny] None of those names were valid.
    and when i went back to my permissions file to check everything out.... it looked fine:
    groups:
    Guest:
    default: true
    info:
    prefix: ''
    suffix: ''
    build: true
    inheritance:
    permissions:
    - 'essentials.help'
    - 'essentials.home'
    - 'essentials.motd'
    - 'essentials.rules'
    - 'essentials.sethome'
    - '-mcmmo.commands.setmyspawnother'
    - 'iConomy.holdings'
    - 'iConomy.help'
    - 'iConomy.payment'
    - 'iConomy.accounts.give'
    - 'towny.wild*'
    - 'towny.town.resident'
    Resident:
    default: false
    info:
    inheritance:
    permissions:
    - 'towny.claimed.owntown.block*'
    Mayor:
    info:
    inheritance:
    permissions:
    - 'towny.town*'
    King:
    info:
    inheritance:
    permissions:
    - 'towny.nation*'
    Moderator:
    info:
    prefix: '&d'
    inheritance:
    permissions:
    - 'essentials.tp'
    - 'essentials.tphere'
    Admins:
    info:
    prefix: '&c'
    inheritance:
    permissions:
    - '*'
    - 'mcMMO.mmoedit'
    - 'towny.admin'
    users:
    permissions:
    admin1:
    group: Admins
    permissions:
    mod1:
    group: Moderator
    permissions:
    admin2:
    permissions:
    admin3:
    permissions:
    mod2:
    group: Moderator
    permissions:

I REALLY need help with this if i ever want people in my town so please comment :) thanks
    BTW i setup the permissions correctly in the file... (as far as spacing and such goes) :p i just copied and pasted the contents

25. Offline

xwyz

Hmm you should try with my permissions:

Code:
        user:
            permissions:
                permissions.build: true
                towny.wild.*: true
                towny.wild.destroy: true
                towny.town.plot: true
                towny.chat.town: true
                towny.chat.global: false
                towny.chat.nation: true
                towny.top: true
                towny.town.resident: true
    Thoose are my user's permissions and working fine. At in game try this commands with mayor: /town add nickname.

26. Offline

arabswag6

Hello, i installed this plugin and it worked just fine with no startup errors until when i tried to create a town it gave me an internal error and when i tried to delete it, it gave me an internal error, yet both times even with the internal error, the town was deleted or created. This is what i got in console.

Code:
    28.01 13:41:14 [Server] INFO    ... 12 more
    28.01 13:41:14 [Server] INFO    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:40)
    28.01 13:41:14 [Server] INFO    at com.palmergames.bukkit.towny.command.TownCommand.onCommand(TownCommand.java:93)
    28.01 13:41:14 [Server] INFO    at com.palmergames.bukkit.towny.command.TownCommand.parseTownCommand(TownCommand.java:162)
    28.01 13:41:14 [Server] INFO    at com.palmergames.bukkit.towny.command.TownCommand.townDelete(TownCommand.java:1078)
    28.01 13:41:14 [Server] INFO    at com.palmergames.bukkit.towny.object.TownyUniverse.removeTown(TownyUniverse.java:1335)
    28.01 13:41:14 [Server] INFO    at com.palmergames.bukkit.towny.object.TownyEconomyObject.getHoldingBalance(TownyEconomyObject.java:147)
    28.01 13:41:14 [Server] INFO    at com.palmergames.bukkit.towny.object.TownyEconomyObject.getEconomyAccount(TownyEconomyObject.java:176)
    28.01 13:41:14 [Server] INFO Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.nijikokun.register.payment.Method.createAccount(Ljava/lang/String;)Z
    28.01 13:41:14 [Server] INFO    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:465)
    28.01 13:41:14 [Server] INFO    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:434)
    28.01 13:41:14 [Server] INFO    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:536)
    28.01 13:41:14 [Server] INFO    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(NetworkListenThread.java:78)
    28.01 13:41:14 [Server] INFO    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:100)
    28.01 13:41:14 [Server] INFO    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    28.01 13:41:14 [Server] INFO    at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.handle(Packet3Chat.java:33)
    28.01 13:41:14 [Server] INFO    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:725)
    28.01 13:41:14 [Server] INFO    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:737)
    28.01 13:41:14 [Server] INFO    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:777)
    28.01 13:41:14 [Server] INFO    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:386)
    28.01 13:41:14 [Server] INFO    at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:168)
    28.01 13:41:14 [Server] INFO    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:42)
    28.01 13:41:14 [Server] INFO org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'town' in plugin Towny v0.78.0.0
    28.01 13:41:14 [Server] SEVERE null
    28.01 13:41:14 [Server] INFO [PLAYER_COMMAND] arabswag6: /town delete Swaggiin

27. Your guest group inheritance is not correct. It should be...
    inheritance: []

No. Not at the moment.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2016
  28. Offline

Tommehnet

Is it planned?

29. Offline

xwyz

Elgarl can you say something about this problem?

30. Offline

Traybair

Having PVP issues. In towns that have PVP toggled off, people are able to hurt each other. If I restart the server or perform the command /townyadmin reload, The PVP in said towns stays off as it should be for around 30 seconds. Then it is back to being on.

(In these towns it reads 'No PVP' the whole time)

Edit: This has been happening since the prior version.

31. Offline

FrostWind

Ok so I am new to hosting a server and really have no idea what I am doing. I seem to be having an issue when I have and townychat enable. When someone tries to talk in chat instead of what they say this shows

{worldname}{townytagoverride}{townycolor}{permprefix}{group} {townyprefix}{modplayername}{townypostfix}{permsuffix}&f:
    {msg}

How do I fix this?