[SEC/FUN] Factions 2.0.0 - Guilds, War and user-controlled antigrief [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by MassiveCraft, May 29, 2011.

1. Offline

GarretSidzaka

hey brotha you might remember talking to my homie mrgreenman23. i just wanted to say could you make the claim plots be able to be assigned "for sale" or "give" to other members, by faction mods. and then in these "personal chunks" you could assign online off line usage permissions and allow f mods to build anywhere inthe faction automatically.

so f mod could have empty house and sell it for 1000 or simply give it when no econ. and in the building no one can open chests or build. ( factions had enormous rates or infiltration, which is again server rules. but even more so ppl in factions steal from each other and it ruins everyones fun)

and im gonna donate coz this is a big feature

can we also make ppl in safe zone immune to damage?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  2. Offline

Alienware777

I have the enemy color set as red, but they still show up as white. And also everyone on my faction is green. Like their name as well. Although thats because I don't have the f in there to color it white I suppose... Anything you can think of? Would ichat be doing this? I have ichat set to color staff names.

3. Offline

GarretSidzaka

UM Where do i dontate plz?

4. Offline

algiuxas

About the iChat problem I was wabbling about some time ago, I managed to fix it by changing iChat dependency from softdepend to depend :) It fixed the /f c functionality, but the tag is still not being put into the chat >.< I've tried adding {FACTION} into the iChat's config, but it didn't get replaced too.

5. Offline

justin shulman

how do i stop people from claiming worlguarded land

6. Offline

Vagabonds

how do i disable /f home??!??!?!?
    I put "homesEnabled": false
    but STILL please help me?!?!?!?

7. Offline

Darcion

Code:
    New options in conf.json:
    "powerFactionMax": 0, - Maximum power limit for all factions. If set to anything above 0, factions will have their power capped at this amount.
    "claimsRequireMinFactionMembers": 1, - Can be increased to prevent small (potentially one player) factions from claiming land until they have more members
    on my stopped server ill put the new jar in and started, but it diddnt put the new stuff in, so ill took it in, and reloaded and got an error

Code:
    2011-07-26 07:17:04 [INFO] [Factions v1.4.1] === RELOAD START ===
    2011-07-26 07:17:04 [INFO] [Factions v1.4.1] RELOADING CONF.JSON
    2011-07-26 07:17:04 [INFO] [Factions v1.4.1] Loading conf from disk
    2011-07-26 07:17:04 [SEVERE] com.massivecraft.factions.gson.JsonSyntaxException: com.massivecraft.factions.gson.stream.MalformedJsonException: Unterminated object near werFactionMax": 0  "prefixAdmin": "",  "
    2011-07-26 07:17:04 [SEVERE]     at com.massivecraft.factions.gson.Streams.parse(Streams.java:52)
    2011-07-26 07:17:04 [SEVERE]     at com.massivecraft.factions.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:498)
    2011-07-26 07:17:04 [SEVERE]     at com.massivecraft.factions.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:468)
    2011-07-26 07:17:04 [SEVERE]     at com.massivecraft.factions.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:418)
    2011-07-26 07:17:04 [SEVERE]     at com.massivecraft.factions.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:390)
    2011-07-26 07:17:04 [SEVERE]     at com.massivecraft.factions.Conf.load(Conf.java:202)
    2011-07-26 07:17:04 [SEVERE]     at com.massivecraft.factions.commands.FCommandReload.perform(FCommandReload.java:39)
    2011-07-26 07:17:04 [SEVERE]     at com.massivecraft.factions.commands.FBaseCommand.execute(FBaseCommand.java:63)
    2011-07-26 07:17:04 [SEVERE]     at com.massivecraft.factions.Factions.handleCommand(Factions.java:407)
    2011-07-26 07:17:04 [SEVERE]     at com.massivecraft.factions.Factions.onCommand(Factions.java:392)
    2011-07-26 07:17:04 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
    2011-07-26 07:17:04 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:129)
    2011-07-26 07:17:04 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:320)
    2011-07-26 07:17:04 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:713)
    2011-07-26 07:17:04 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:677)
    2011-07-26 07:17:04 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:670)
    2011-07-26 07:17:04 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:33)
    2011-07-26 07:17:04 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    2011-07-26 07:17:04 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:85)
    2011-07-26 07:17:04 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
    2011-07-26 07:17:04 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
    2011-07-26 07:17:04 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
    2011-07-26 07:17:04 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    2011-07-26 07:17:04 [SEVERE] Caused by: com.massivecraft.factions.gson.stream.MalformedJsonException: Unterminated object near werFactionMax": 0  "prefixAdmin": "",  "
    2011-07-26 07:17:04 [SEVERE]     at com.massivecraft.factions.gson.stream.JsonReader.syntaxError(JsonReader.java:1111)
    2011-07-26 07:17:04 [SEVERE]     at com.massivecraft.factions.gson.stream.JsonReader.nextInObject(JsonReader.java:737)
    2011-07-26 07:17:04 [SEVERE]     at com.massivecraft.factions.gson.stream.JsonReader.quickPeek(JsonReader.java:379)
    2011-07-26 07:17:04 [SEVERE]     at com.massivecraft.factions.gson.stream.JsonReader.hasNext(JsonReader.java:332)
    2011-07-26 07:17:04 [SEVERE]     at com.massivecraft.factions.gson.Streams.parseRecursive(Streams.java:83)
    2011-07-26 07:17:04 [SEVERE]     at com.massivecraft.factions.gson.Streams.parse(Streams.java:41)
    2011-07-26 07:17:04 [SEVERE]     ... 22 more
    2011-07-26 07:17:04 [INFO] [Factions v1.4.1] Failed to load the config from disk.
    2011-07-26 07:17:04 [INFO] [Factions v1.4.1] === RELOAD DONE (Took 3ms) ===
    i thougt it must be an error on the number 0 after reload it was 0.0 and i reloaded again, then it worked.

8. Offline

oliverw92

Found a pretty annoying bug - even in worlds where I have power loss set to false claiming set to false (effectively turning Factions off in those worlds), players cannot attack people in their faction, or their ally's faction. Completely breaks our CTF world.

9. Offline

swift_fox24

Compatibility with Herochat please? Or some sort of chat managing function, including a local chat feature, built into it? Chat becomes far too confusing by the time you have enough players to need Factions!

10. Offline

Zixt

Is there a way to disable the spawning at faction base on specific worlds? People die on my main world and get teleported to the PVP world faction base..

11. Offline

rockxz2135

Could you make this plugin multiworld? I host a server with several worlds, freebuild, factions, roleplay, skyland... It would be better if I didn't have faction chat in all worlds.

The plugin needs to be multiworld that would fix your problem too.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  12. Offline

Brettflan

Integration with economy plugins is possible at some point, but it would start with simply attaching costs to specific commands and the like. If that ever happens, I might then consider expanding the integration to include the ability to sell claims and stuff like that.
    Individually owned claims within a faction are not planned. However, a couple of things:
    1. An upcoming release should soon include a "restricted" area feature which allows faction admins to mark claims as such, after which building/destruction and/or interaction with doors/chests/etc. are restricted to the faction admin and moderators only.
    2. I've been reconsidering the idea of allowing the faction admin to set ownership of chests within faction territory, so that only the specified owner and the faction admin can access the contents of the chest in question. Might happen at some point, but no immediate plans.
    Well, they're safe from PvP and mob damage, just not from natural damage such as falling, smothering, drowning, or burning, which are normally the fault of the player. Do you really want those disabled as well?

Probably so, yes. So the faction tags themselves are not colored red to indicate that you or the other faction has declared the other as an enemy rather than remaining neutral? Anything beyond the faction tag itself might have coloring changed by something else, but (unless you're seeing odd characters or extra letters showing up in the message) I'm not sure how your faction tags could be missing colors.

Actually, a change that was made in Factions 1.4.1 should hopefully have Factions override pretty much every other plugin when it comes to faction chat and slashless commands working correctly. The colored faction tags, on the other hand, can still be overridden by other plugins that cancel the chat event for whatever reason and send out individual messages.

Set it as a Safe Zone or War Zone.

That should do it. If you just want to disable the command, you can always use the permission node factions.commandDisable.home.

You're right, it's actually 0.0 in the file; I've just corrected the changelog. However, it looks like you're missing a comma for that line, according to the error message, which is why it didn't load.
    If you have trouble editing the file manually, you can always use the new /f config <setting> <value> command to change settings in-game. For example: /f config powerFactionMax 50

There is no current setting which completely disables all aspects of Factions in a particular world. Further multi-world settings (beyond the existing two) are certainly possible at some point, but not on the immediate agenda.

If the world in question is set as a "no power loss" world, you can disable the homesRespawnFromNoPowerLossWorlds option. Assuming it's not yet and you want it to be:
    /f config worldsNoPowerLoss YourWorldNameHere -or- go to the world in question and use /f worldnopowerloss
    /f config homesRespawnFromNoPowerLossWorlds false

EDIT:
    By the way, for those of you still having problems with getting the faction tags working with a specific chat plugin such as HeroChat or iChat, here's a potential solution. It will require an update on that plugin author's part, but if they can use it, it will make their plugin play nice with other plugins which alter chat (including Factions). The solution? Tell the other plugin author this:
    Chat events now store a list of intended recipients, via event.getRecipients(). If you need the chat message to only reach certain players due to local or channel chat, instead of cancelling the chat event and using player.sendMessage(), you can instead alter the list of recipients and remove anyone who shouldn't receive the message. Your plugin will then play nicer with other plugins which modify chat messages. As a usage example, Essentials uses this to remove people from a chat message's recipient list if they are ignoring the person speaking:
    https://github.com/essentials/Essen.../essentials/EssentialsPlayerListener.java#L69

13. Offline

GarretSidzaka

forget all the econ shit. i dont care about that one bit. i just want mod the ability to give private plots so the residencial areas of my city states are protected from serial thieves that join faction, rob ALL the DIAMONDS and then just leave faction ( and then get banned )

we dont want admin islands
    no what im saying is make it so you can assign a plot to a player and the permission to build extends to that one player, mods and admin of faction. dont worry about the money stuff, we can handle that stuff in faction. just give our ppl secure houses. my server is so damn big that we have serial faction thieves. by the way my first faction server had custom code changes to do this, so i have seen it work.
    and we dont need you to do locks. there are plenty that do that. rememeber your mod should be like towny with death Death DEATH!!!
    just fire damage, because we have alot of spells in game. you know you could just disable all death in safe zones to make them truly safe, or at least add a toggle for fire or damage. we just have alot of bannings because of ppl killing ppl in safe zones

14. Offline

amunro

iConomy really needs to be implemented into this plugin! People grief with it alot, creating factions so people cannot access their chests or buildings.

15. Offline

Specops343

Hey @Brettflan I feel like im missing something. Is there a command to unclaim a factions land, as an admin, without being in that faction?

16. Offline

imjoe

Is it possible to diable this in 1 world but not the other? I dont want factions in my creative world.

17. Offline

phondeux

Could you please add support for MySQL? This plugin creates far too many files.

18. Offline

Vagabonds

STILL DOESNT WORK!!!! what is it with this?

19. Offline

killerhunt0

is there any way that you can give the admins of a server the power to invite people to other factions? because people on my server have left factions on accident in the past and the owner of the faction doesn't play anymore there has to be a way to change that bro. If you feel me please reply =D

20. Offline

ethood1999

Why can't I attack players that are not in my faction in their own territory? I will send you my config, all I know is that I'm confused because that should seem like an option in the config but it's not and I've checked every single line multiple times... I want it so that one team can invade another team's base and still be able to kill them..

config.json on pastebin: http://pastebin.com/mmdQDauy

21. Offline

Brettflan

So, the ability for faction admins to assign ownership of a claimed chunk to a specific faction member... maybe, I'll start a conversation with you about the details.

Economy plugin support might happen eventually. Not in the immediate plans, though. As to your problem, there are several solutions available already. You can change permissions so that they can't create factions (don't grant factions.create permission to default users), you can set a limit on how many members are needed before a faction can claim land (claimsRequireMinFactionMembers configuration setting), etc.

Enable admin bypass mode with /f bypass, then just use /f unclaim on their land.

Not currently planned. Only 4 files are created, and it's not as if they are constantly read/written; normally they are only read from at startup and only written to about every 30 minutes.

Good question; maybe you're doing something wrong? By the way, if you have "*" permissions using the Permissions plugin, factions.commandDisable.home permission of course won't work on you without some further permission changes; it will work on people with normal permissions, though.

You can always disband the faction and have them re-create it.

Because you're neutral with them. If either faction declares the other as an enemy, you can then do so. Please read the plugin's user guide.

22. Offline

Drez

Is there some kind of setting in the config that I'm not seeing to get Factions to work with Essentials Chat? I even tried deleting Essentials completely and re-downloading to make sure I had the most up to date version and still nothing. I used to use HeroChat but it appeared Factions canceled it out. Here's my setting in Essentials as well:

Code:
    ############################################################
    # +------------------------------------------------------+ #
    # |                   EssentialsChat                     | #
    # +------------------------------------------------------+ #
    ############################################################

# If EssentialsChat is installed, this will define how far a player's voice travels, in blocks.  Set to 0 to make all chat global.
    # Note that users with the "essentials.chat.spy" permission will hear everything, regardless of this setting.
    # Users with essentials.chat.shout can override this by prefixing text with an exclamation mark (!)
    # Or with essentials.chat.question can override this by prefixing text with a question mark (?)
    chat:
      radius: 22

# If set to the default chat format which "should" be compatible with ichat.
      format: '<{DISPLAYNAME}> {MESSAGE}'
      #format: '&7[{GROUP}]&f {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&f {MESSAGE}'

# You can also have group-specific formats, uncomment to enable:
      group-formats:
      #  Default: '{WORLDNAME} {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&f {MESSAGE}'
      #  Admins: '{WORLDNAME} &c[{GROUP}]&f {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&c {MESSAGE}'

23. Offline

Brettflan

Code:
      format: '<{FACTION} {DISPLAYNAME}> {MESSAGE}'

24. Offline

Drez

Well that got it to show the faction name first, now if I could only make it actually do the distance thing...Everyone can only talk in global.

25. Offline

Bogden

I have a request for a new feature.

Could you add the ability for a faction to declare itself as neutral? If a faction is neutral, it will be unable to ally or enemy any other faction. Declaring your faction as neutral would have a (configurable) delay, too. After issuing the command, it would take X hours for the faction to actually become neutral. It would also take X hours for the faction to become non-neutral.

26. Offline

Brettflan

Olof made some changes and released another version a bit ago:
    IMPORTANT NOTE: You will now need to download gson.jar to your lib folder.

There are no other changes, so if you're on 1.4.1 I wouldn't bother updating unless you just want to be sure you can load it with the now external GSON library.

There is a possibility this change will cause conflicts with other plugins. If you run other plugins which use GSON and start getting GSON related errors at startup for either Factions or the other plugin(s), please report the problem here.

I've never had any problems like that with EssentialsChat's local chat feature; I'm currently running Essentials 2.5.5.

I've actually got a feature like that which I'll probably add soonish, peaceful factions. It's something that will hopefully stifle some complaints and whining on my own server. My personal notes:
    Code:
    Peaceful factions? Have to be set by someone with proper admin-level privileges, via something like /f peaceful SomeFactionName
        cannot claim land from another faction, cannot have land claimed by another faction
        no PvP damage to/from peaceful faction members
        options to have PvP disabled in their lands, and maybe to have safety from monsters
        possibly prevent power loss to members who die (since their land is protected anyway), and set power to full when a member joins
        other factions would not be able to set relations of any sort (enemy or ally) for such factions
        Special TNT-proof boolean option/command for faction admin, maybe? would allow them to use TNT when needed, but otherwise be protected

27. Offline

Specops343

@Brettflan Thanks for the heads up, btw.
    Also, It is my impression that Herochat and Factions don't work together at all, and Herochat completely overwrites the Faction's tags? Have you seen anyone that has actually gotten this working?

28. Offline

Bogden

That's exactly what people are complaining about on my server too. Thanks!

Oh, one more thing. Do you think you could add a few more options in the config? I wish to do something like this:
    "territoryProtectMaterials": true,
    "territoryEnemyProtectMaterials": false,
    "territoryEnemyProtectMaterialsWhenOffline": true,

So that neutral players and enemies may not open a chest in the area when the faction is offline, but enemies can open chests while the faction is online.

Also, some more things that might be helpful:
    "territoryEnemyDenyUseageWhenOffline": false,
    "territoryDenyUseageWhenOffline": false,
    "territoryProtectMaterialsWhenOffline": true,

29. Offline

Lynxdragon

Having locking issues when starting the server, It seems to lock strait after Factions loads. No errors tho.

Bukkit 1000
    1.4.1 and 1.4.2

30. I have a little chat problem.
    I recently installed iOP and the chat kind of got scrambled:

a**Faction a[Server Admin]<eymas> Koelkast
    How to fix it so it becomes:
    [Server Admin]<**Faction eymas> Koelkast