[SEC/FUN] Factions 2.0.0 - Guilds, War and user-controlled antigrief [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by MassiveCraft, May 29, 2011.

1. Offline

Brettflan

OK, I've posted the link over in his thread.

Are the people you're ignoring in your own faction and using faction chat? That's the only way I can envision that happening.

It's been asked about before, but... I don't use DynMap myself, and I'm not sure what all would be needed from Factions or from DynMap to make something like that happen.

You can set it to a ridiculously high level that nobody could realistically reach. Easy for someone to just systematically go around claiming as much as he can that way, though.

So to be clear, EssentialsChat's name coloring based on the user's permission group is not working for you? I'll check with Essentials 2.5.4 for any problems like that, though I don't think Factions is the cause.
    EDIT: tested Essentials 2.5.5 and confirmed the problem in it. I then removed Factions and restarted the server and the problem persisted, though, so it's definitely not related to Factions. I then checked the Essentials release notes, which mention a new "add-prefix-suffix" option in the Essentials config.yml file; I'm pretty sure it defaults to false. I then confirmed that it was the cause. So there you go.

Are you using the Permissions plugin, or Bukkit's built-in permission system? Are other permissions working for you? You've added factions.disband permission to your group, or alternately factions.*? Not sure what to suggest.

There are currently no hooks implemented for tracking that info, and I've never looked into firing custom events for Bukkit so far, so I'm not sure what that might entail.
    A hook for getting a list of of members in a specified faction is certainly possible.

/f disband <faction tag>

1. The only thing that should be from Factions is that people cannot be hurt by PvP damage while in their own territory unless the other player is in an enemy faction. Also, of course people cannot be damaged by PvP or monsters while in a safe zone.
    2. "prefixAdmin" and "prefixMod" in conf.json.

Might happen at some point.

No, but somewhat related:

There will be an option to set a maximum power cap for all factions in the next release, thanks to a donation from Magesblood to make it happen.

2. Offline

Roughbread

Is there any way I can give people power.
    Like say if they are on 0 and the limit is 3 max, I can grant them back to max?

This would be very useful in my server at the moment, considering I'm using PvP Arena Plugin. Which In the arena you still lose power. People are always asking me to give them back full power so they can duel/PvP more.

3. Offline

ledhead900

@Brettflan
    I talked with the dynmap crew they are awear of this plugin and stated awhile ago they will eventually add support it this for regions or at least take a crack at it.

Someone may wish remind them on their thread tho from time to time they are a fairly busy bunch.

4. Offline

Deathfromace

I would make the arena a warzone and turn off power loss. But you can go in the player config and change their power back to 10.

5. Offline

Brettflan

That's cool. If they could use any basic hooks from Factions to provide them with claim information, they're welcome to ask. Adding in hooks for Factions to pass on specific information to other plugins tends to be very quick and simple, so I generally don't mind doing so.

6. Offline

Roughbread

Yes But I cannot do this without restarting the server.

7. Offline

Brettflan

1. f save
    2. f lock on
    3. Backup the conf.json file, just in case.
    4. Edit the conf.json file as needed, and save it.
    5. f reload conf
    6. Make sure it loaded without error; if you receive an error, you might want to restore that backup you made in step 3.
    7. f lock off

It will be easier after the next release. Then you'll be able to do, for instance, /f config warZonePowerLoss false. Nothing further will be needed.

8. Offline

Ozelo

Nope, it broke /ignore command behavior to everyone, no matter if they have a faction or not. Listen, everything was working good. I just put Factions in the plugin directory and now Essentials /ignore feature is useless since it do NOT work anymore. You can check it on 187.121.200.250 we use it a lot to ignore chat jerks, please make it compatible with Essentials again. I can show you that without factions it works good, but not with factions on. I need both, factions and essentials.ignore

9. Offline

vefald

Can i change some settings to set that players can MAX claim 1 land ?

10. Offline

Broken

I've played with the chatTagInstertIndex thing and I've gotten it working but I would like it to have the [Owner] to be coloured too.

How to do it?

11. Offline

compwiz91

For some reason Factions keeps causing my server's cpu to completely max-out both cores. I was wondering if there is a known plugin confliction thats causing this or if anyone else has had this problem??

12. Offline

vefald

i dont, but the default land a player can claim is 10! thats way to much, how can i edit this?

13. Offline

compwiz91

isnt it in the config file?

14. Offline

TheShadow777

can you make extra permission lines for join and leave ?

edit: or works with the disable command permission for /f leave?

edit2: its possible to make own color code for the tags ? and other characters like [ ]

15. Offline

theiking

Which section of the config is the power extendable, also we only have 5 factions and each is run by a server admin so the claiming isnt an issue.

16. Offline

gameswereus

Is Factions V2 going to be released anytime soon? I really liked the ideas outlined.

17. Offline

Brettflan

I finally managed to confirm it. With local chat enabled in EssentialsChat, and not shouting, the Essentials ignore feature works fine. Global chat (and shouting) however displayed the behavior you describe. After digging through Essentials to see how that might be, I found that it was altering the recipient list for the chat event, which I quite frankly didn't even know was possible (when did they add that?). Interesting. Factions has so far just used the full online player list when sending out faction tagged messages. So, that should be fixed in the next release.

Make sure your permission groups don't have colors set for them in whatever you use for permissions, and modify "chatTagFormat" in Factions conf.json to be just "%s".

That's a new one on me. You don't have that happen with Factions removed, then?

1 & 2. Permission nodes: factions.commandDisable.leave and factions.commandDisable.join.
    3. Can you rephrase the question? Something about colors and characters in faction tags?

http://massivecraft.com/plugins/factions/config

Probably not all that soon. I'm not sure whether Olof has actually started on it yet.

18. Offline

compwiz91

no i dont have it when factions is disabled, however i have disabled all my non-essentials plugins for the time being to see if there is a conflict. Normally i run the following.

Big Brother
    BukkitContrib
    CommandBook
    ColorMe
    DynMap
    iChat
    iConomy
    iConomyChestShop
    LWC
    Multi-Verse
    MyHome
    MyWarp
    Minequery
    Permissions (i have downgraded to 3.1.5 so as not to get errors with mcMMO
    World-Edit
    World-Guard
    Factions
    mcMMO

In lessen the plugins i have narrowed it down to the follow
    Big Brother
    BukkitContrib
    CommandBook
    iConomyiConomyChestShop
    LWC
    Multi-Verse
    Permissions
    World-Edit
    World-Guard
    Factions
    mcMMO

so far...the servers been running for about 8 hours without crashing, it was crashing much more frequently before but ima let it run for another day or two to be sure. It also wasnt a stress issue cause one time it crashed with 14ppl the next time it crashed with 3.

19. Offline

Roughbread

Is there any possible way you would be able to add the command, only for admins:
    /f power (grant/max) (playername).

Or something like that.

Because my server uses PvPArena Plugin and players always run out of power really quickly.
    Just this would be very useful instead of using /f worldnopowerloss and ruining the people outside, trying to conquer bases.

20. Offline

MCBess

Getting this error in console when a faction player tries to interact with a piston.
    Code:
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$43.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:540)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:332)
    at net.minecraft.server.BlockPiston.g(BlockPiston.java:70)
    at net.minecraft.server.BlockPiston.doPhysics(BlockPiston.java:47)
    at net.minecraft.server.World.k(World.java:453)
    at net.minecraft.server.World.applyPhysics(World.java:429)
    at net.minecraft.server.World.update(World.java:401)
    at net.minecraft.server.World.setTypeIdAndData(World.java:385)
    at net.minecraft.server.BlockDiode.a(SourceFile:69)
    at net.minecraft.server.World.a(World.java:1982)
    at net.minecraft.server.World.doTick(World.java:1722)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:441)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    >21:08:22 [SEVERE] Could not pass event BLOCK_PISTON_EXTEND to Factions
    java.lang.ClassCastException: org.bukkit.material.MaterialData cannot be cast to org.bukkit.material.PistonBaseMaterial
    at org.bukkit.event.block.BlockPistonEvent.getDirection(BlockPistonEvent.java:41)
    at com.massivecraft.factions.listeners.FactionsBlockListener.onBlockPistonExtend(FactionsBlockListener.java:73)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$43.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:540)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:332)
    >21:08:22 [SEVERE] Could not pass event BLOCK_PISTON_EXTEND to Factions
    java.lang.ClassCastException: org.bukkit.material.MaterialData cannot be cast to org.bukkit.material.PistonBaseMaterial
    at org.bukkit.event.block.BlockPistonEvent.getDirection(BlockPistonEvent.java:41)
    at com.massivecraft.factions.listeners.FactionsBlockListener.onBlockPistonExtend(FactionsBlockListener.java:73)
    >21:10:21 [SEVERE] Could not pass event BLOCK_PISTON_EXTEND to Factions
    >21:10:21 [SEVERE] Could not pass event BLOCK_PISTON_EXTEND to Factions
    >21:10:49 [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?
    >21:11:15 [SEVERE] Could not pass event BLOCK_PISTON_EXTEND to Factions
    >21:11:15 [SEVERE] Could not pass event BLOCK_PISTON_EXTEND to Factions
    Just ask for more info if you need it.

21. Offline

NotYetRated

Is it possible for people to have their own houses with this plugin? As I currently understand it, any faction member has access to their own factions land. Is there a way to designate specific areas to specific players as in Towny?

22. Offline

Alienware777

Alright so I can't get the colors to work right. Right now I have "chatTagFormat": "[%s]", but for some reason its not making the enemy factions red. My faction shows up green as it should, but theres doesn't. And yes I do have relation color set to true. Any idea whats up? Do I just completely not understand how to set colors right?

23. Offline

compwiz91

quick question...so to allow raiding i set basicly everything in conf.json to false

Code:
    "territoryShieldFactor": 0.3,
      "territoryDenyBuild": false,
      "territoryDenyBuildWhenOffline": false,
      "territoryDenyUseage": false,
      "territoryEnemyDenyBuild": false,
      "territoryEnemyDenyBuildWhenOffline": false,
      "territoryEnemyDenyUseage": false,
      "territoryEnemyProtectMaterials": false,
      "territoryBlockCreepers": false,
      "territoryBlockCreepersWhenOffline": false,
      "territoryBlockFireballs": false,
      "territoryBlockFireballsWhenOffline": false,
      "territoryBlockTNT": false,
      "territoryBlockTNTWhenOffline": false,
      "safeZoneDenyBuild": true,
      "safeZoneDenyUseage": true,
      "safeZoneBlockTNT": true,
      "warZoneDenyBuild": true,
      "warZoneDenyUseage": true,
      "warZoneBlockCreepers": false,
      "warZoneBlockFireballs": false,
      "warZoneBlockTNT": true,
      "warZonePowerLoss": true,
      "warZoneFriendlyFire": false,
      "wildernessDenyBuild": false,
      "wildernessDenyUseage": false,
      "wildernessBlockCreepers": false,
      "wildernessBlockFireballs": false,
      "wildernessBlockTNT": false,
      "wildernessPowerLoss": true,
      "pistonProtectionThroughDenyBuild": true,

yet i still cant access their chests in their terrority...if i am neutral do i need to declare them enemies? am i just doing something wrong...

24. Offline

Deathfromace

The chest protection code is below all that

Code:
    "territoryProtectedMaterials": [
        "DIODE_BLOCK_ON",
        "TRAP_DOOR",
        "WOODEN_DOOR",
        "DISPENSER",
        "FURNACE",
        "BURNING_FURNACE",
        "DIODE_BLOCK_OFF"
      ],

That is what I use for my servers and chests are unprotected.

And setting everything to false you might as well not use the Factions plugin at all. Right now you are letting players use tnt on other factions buildings along with letting everything hurt everything. I allow raiding on my server and people keep their doors open all the time...here is my file.

Code:
    {
      "colorMember": "GREEN",
      "colorAlly": "LIGHT_PURPLE",
      "colorNeutral": "WHITE",
      "colorEnemy": "RED",
      "colorSystem": "YELLOW",
      "colorChrome": "GOLD",
      "colorCommand": "AQUA",
      "colorParameter": "DARK_AQUA",
      "powerPlayerMax": 10.0,
      "powerPlayerMin": -10.0,
      "powerPerMinute": 0.2,
      "powerPerDeath": 4.0,
      "powerRegenOffline": true,
      "prefixAdmin": "**",
      "prefixMod": "*",
      "factionTagLengthMin": 3,
      "factionTagLengthMax": 10,
      "factionTagForceUpperCase": false,
      "newFactionsDefaultOpen": false,
      "showMapFactionKey": true,
      "CanLeaveWithNegativePower": false,
      "chatTagEnabled": true,
      "chatTagRelationColored": true,
      "chatTagReplaceString": "{FACTION}",
      "chatTagInsertAfterString": "",
      "chatTagInsertBeforeString": "",
      "chatTagInsertIndex": 1,
      "chatTagPadBefore": false,
      "chatTagPadAfter": true,
      "chatTagFormat": "%s§f",
      "factionChatFormat": "%s§f %s",
      "allowNoSlashCommand": true,
      "autoLeaveAfterDaysOfInactivity": 8.0,
      "homesEnabled": true,
      "homesMustBeInClaimedTerritory": true,
      "homesTeleportToOnDeath": false,
      "homesRespawnFromNoPowerLossWorlds": true,
      "homesTeleportCommandEnabled": true,
      "homesTeleportAllowedFromEnemyTerritory": false,
      "homesTeleportAllowedFromDifferentWorld": true,
      "homesTeleportAllowedEnemyDistance": 32.0,
      "homesTeleportIgnoreEnemiesIfInOwnTerritory": false,
      "disablePVPForFactionlessPlayers": false,
      "noPVPDamageToOthersForXSecondsAfterLogin": 3,
      "claimsMustBeConnected": false,
      "claimsCanBeUnconnectedIfOwnedByOtherFaction": true,
      "considerFactionsReallyOfflineAfterXMinutes": 0.0,
      "territoryShieldFactor": 0.3,
      "territoryDenyBuild": true,
      "territoryDenyBuildWhenOffline": true,
      "territoryDenyUseage": true,
      "territoryEnemyDenyBuild": true,
      "territoryEnemyDenyBuildWhenOffline": true,
      "territoryEnemyDenyUseage": true,
      "territoryEnemyProtectMaterials": true,
      "territoryBlockCreepers": true,
      "territoryBlockCreepersWhenOffline": true,
      "territoryBlockFireballs": true,
      "territoryBlockFireballsWhenOffline": true,
      "territoryBlockTNT": true,
      "territoryBlockTNTWhenOffline": true,
      "safeZoneDenyBuild": true,
      "safeZoneDenyUseage": true,
      "safeZoneBlockTNT": true,
      "warZoneDenyBuild": true,
      "warZoneDenyUseage": true,
      "warZoneBlockCreepers": true,
      "warZoneBlockFireballs": true,
      "warZoneBlockTNT": true,
      "warZonePowerLoss": false,
      "warZoneFriendlyFire": false,
      "wildernessDenyBuild": false,
      "wildernessDenyUseage": false,
      "wildernessBlockCreepers": true,
      "wildernessBlockFireballs": true,
      "wildernessBlockTNT": true,
      "wildernessPowerLoss": true,
      "pistonProtectionThroughDenyBuild": true,
      "territoryProtectedMaterials": [
        "DIODE_BLOCK_ON",
        "TRAP_DOOR",
        "WOODEN_DOOR",
        "DISPENSER",
        "FURNACE",
        "BURNING_FURNACE",
        "DIODE_BLOCK_OFF"
      ],
      "territoryDenyUseageMaterials": [
        "LAVA_BUCKET",
        "BUCKET",
        "FLINT_AND_STEEL",
        "WATER_BUCKET"
      ],
      "territoryProtectedMaterialsWhenOffline": [
        "DIODE_BLOCK_ON",
        "TRAP_DOOR",
        "WOODEN_DOOR",
        "DISPENSER",
        "FURNACE",
        "BURNING_FURNACE",
        "DIODE_BLOCK_OFF"
      ],
      "territoryDenyUseageMaterialsWhenOffline": [
        "LAVA_BUCKET",
        "BUCKET",
        "FLINT_AND_STEEL",
        "WATER_BUCKET"
      ],
      "worldsNoClaiming": [],
      "worldsNoPowerLoss": []
    }

25. Offline

Brettflan

If you can determine whether Factions is indeed part of your problem (in conjunction with another plugin or not), please post back with the results. Also, the particular messages it gives when it crashes would probably be useful info as well.

Not currently planned. You could always disable power loss on war zones and use them for your arena area.

Is your CraftBukkit up to date? What version are you running? Include the full startup line, for example:
    07:10:24 [INFO] This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-945-g73697a4-b1000jnks (MC: 1.7.3)

Nothing like that currently available. Something which isn't exactly what you're asking for, but a future release will probably include the ability to restrict access to certain claimed areas so that only faction admins and moderators have access.

So, colored faction tags in chat are definitely working for you, other than enemy factions not having their tag colored red? And you're sure you're experiencing no other chat-related problems? The only thing I can think of based on that would be if you changed this line in conf.json:
    "colorEnemy": "RED"

26. Offline

Ozelo

I'm not sure, but seems it started with Essentials 2.4.2. (when people started to complain ignore wasn't working). I'm glad anyway! We are looking forward for your fix in the next release. Thank you very much!

27. Offline

Nezmith

Is it possible to add a friendly fire on/off kind of option?

I've been looking for a way to do this for awhile now but it does not seem that this is possible. It is moreso in the intent to create a more realistic atmosphere for my server, as many factions tend to prefer varying stages of infighting (Say bar fights or assassinations, for example.) without having to actually leave the faction and be reinvited to hurt eachother.

28. Offline

TheShadow777

1. Okay thanks :)
    3. Yes I mean customize Color for Faction Tags and special Characters for the Tag like [ (example: [testfaction])

29. Offline

Deathfromace

There are for warzones but I believe that's it.

30. Offline

Brettflan

I don;t plan to change the simple range of acceptable characters for faction tags, sorry. There are a lot of commands that depend on players being able to type in a faction tag easily and preferably quickly. As an example, would you like to try typing in /f who <[(§3{SlAyAz}§f)]> to look up a faction?

New release:
    EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016