Inactive [SEC] EpicZones v0.37 - Polygon Based Area Protection - Now with Economy Support! [1.3.1-R2.0]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by jblaske, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Offline

jblaske

Features
    • Polygonal and Circular area creation. (Not just cuboids!)
    • In-game zone creation.
    • Provide a Circular border to your map.
    • Hierarchical Permissions with Child and Parent Zones.
    • Display Entering and Exiting messages in chat.
    • Enhanced /who
    • Advanced control of zone based regeneration
    • Many zone specific controls for things like Fire, Explosions and Mob spawning control

2. Offline

Pontus Lantz

@4am
    No some time ago it worked with leaving the chat when you left the zone and it was wonderful.

3. @jblaske
    I am getting this message from RB766 using EZ0.24
    Aside from that, everything works fine :)

4. Offline

4am

Did it set your channel back to what it was previously?

5. Hey,
    Before the Epiczones update, my epiczones worked fine, but now i really don'd understand whats going on, this is my config file so far, the Zone is there however PVP wont disable and how do i stop people going beyond the radius i have set like last time, world config file is as follows:
    ceiling: 128
    childzones: []
    entertext: ''
    exittext: ''
    explode: false
    fire: false
    fireburnsmobs: true
    floor: 0
    mobs:
    - ALL
    name: Oddity
    owners:
    - cows_they_go_moo
    permissions: {}
    pvp: true
    radius: 1000
    regen:
    amount: 0
    bedbonus: 0
    delay: 0
    interval: 500
    maxregen: 20
    mindegen: 0
    restdelay: 0
    sanctuary: false
    type: GLOBAL
    world: Oddity

I hope you can help
    Many thanks
    Aaron

6. Offline

Walnoot

hey,
    My server gives this error pretty often..
    Code:
    2011-05-15 18:26:48 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_TELEPORT to EpicZones
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.epicsagaonline.bukkit.EpicZones.General.PlayerMovementLogic(General.java:427)
        at com.epicsagaonline.bukkit.EpicZones.listeners.PlayerEvents.onPlayerTeleport(PlayerEvents.java:99)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$8.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:274)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:59)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:289)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.teleport(NetServerHandler.java:359)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.entity.CraftPlayer.teleport(CraftPlayer.java:224)
        at com.cypherx.xauth.xAuth.logout(xAuth.java:337)
        at com.cypherx.xauth.xAuthPlayerListener.onPlayerQuit(xAuthPlayerListener.java:69)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$2.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:238)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:59)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:289)
        at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.disconnect(ServerConfigurationManager.java:115)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:581)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:200)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:372)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:287)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)

Any idea what causes this?

7. Offline

LordCrazyKing

Is there any way to exclude certain blocks from protection?
    E.g. i want users to be able to clean up snow off the roads but not break anything else :)

8. Offline

nicke937

I can save after that I have marked the corners of my zone. But I can't save after that I had added ceiling, floor, zone name and permissions. I get "An internal error occured while attempting to perform this command"

Error in the server console:
    Code:
    2011-05-16 11:29:15 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'zone' in plugin EpicZones v0.24
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
        at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:85)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:278)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:682)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:645)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:639)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:32)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:196)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:372)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:287)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.epicsagaonline.bukkit.EpicZones.objects.EpicZone.setParent(EpicZone.java:441)
        at com.epicsagaonline.bukkit.EpicZones.commands.EZZoneSave.<init>(EZZoneSave.java:74)
        at com.epicsagaonline.bukkit.EpicZones.commands.EZZone.onCommand(EZZone.java:45)
        at com.epicsagaonline.bukkit.EpicZones.EpicZones.onCommand(EpicZones.java:172)
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
        ... 12 more
    EDIT: Got this worked, I skipped add permission and zone name directly after that I added the zone. I choose to edit the zone again and then set name and permissions.

9. Offline

Pontus Lantz

Yea this is a problem thats existed for a long time now.

10. Offline

nicke937

I have created follow zone (code from the zone file):
    Code:
    but when I looking on my zone ingame the zone is:
    4:265 29:265 29:302 4:302

This is not exactly the positions that I marked when I created the corners. Is this a bug?

11. Offline

4am

In fact I've suggested this functionality as an enhancement, I never knew EZ to correct the channel on departing from the zone.:eek:

Is the EpicZones source code avalible anywhere? I'd like to look at it to see how it works with HeroChat.

12. Offline

jblaske

Same site that runs issues has the source, its just the next tab over ;)

This is an issue with polygons in general, the amount of time/effort it takes to ensure that the outside corner of each point is used rather than the inside on half of them, is just not worth it at the moment. The workaround is easy and simple, making the effort of the fix even more unnecessary.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2016
  13. Offline

4am

This is what I get for coding late at night and not really paying attention. It was there the whole time!

My next plugin: a /facepalm command.

14. Offline

ewized

can you post the commands that would make it easer for everone

15. Offline

jblaske

Can you read the first post? that would make it easier for me.

16. Offline

nicke937

Thanks, now I got it working. You have right, it is easy.

jblaske likes this.
  17. Offline

DinosaurJr

Whenever I install and try to join my wolrd it says "You do not have permission to enter this world"??
    My plugins: AutoSave, ServerAutoStop, Delete Block, Essentials, EssentialsChat, GroupManager, EssentialsProtect, GrowingOre, Iconomy, LocalShops, and Permissions

18. Offline

Blake380

Would I be able to use this mod to make an area that will only let a certain group designated in GroupManager build in it, but no where else? What I mean is, I'm setting up a server to start accepting guests, and want to have a way so guests can build in a specific area but no where else.

19. Offline

jblaske

Yes, that is exactly what EpicZones does :)

20. Offline

Blake380

But how would I go about doing that? If I try to restrict building and destroying to all guests in the default 'world' zone, and make a parent zone inside that that gives guests permission to build and destroy, it will not let them. I have tried setting the default 'world' zone to not be a parent to the 'guest area', and removing the default 'world' zone altogether, which does not work.

21. Offline

jblaske

set your world zone to deny to default.

set the inner zone to allow for default, make it a child of the world zone.

If your members group inherits from your default group, then your permission system is likely the cause for it not working. I recommend not having anything inherit from your default group.

• Version 0.25
      • Enhanced Explode flag
        • Explode now tracks TNT, Creeper and Ghasts all separately.
      • Enhanced Fire flag
        • Fire now tracks Ignite and Spread separately.
      • Fixed some bugs with /who reporting funky information
      • Fixed a bug that allowed players to use buckets when entering minecarts
      • Fixed a bug with Min/Max De/Regen.
    Check the wiki for updated syntax for the Explode and Fire flags.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2016
  22. Offline

Blake380

Sorry about that, what I meant to say was that I set the inner zone inside of the world zone to a child of the world zone, so I already have that part done.

But I did exactly as you said, and I got it to work. Thank you.

jblaske likes this.
  23. Offline

BioRage

@jblaske

I was wondering, if you could add in upkeeps, like a tax.

I think it would be great, if you could configure it on or off, what do you think?

24. Offline

proJohnRH

A couple more new versions! I need to update!

I have to say, the last update I grabbed had the new zone file format, and it's great. I got good at editing them in game, but it's a whole lot easier out of game, now. Great job!

jblaske likes this.
  25. Offline

jblaske

Great to hear, .25 should make you happy - Even more stable than before, and some new nice features.

26. Offline

marcram

Hey if I create a Zone and try /zone list (after /zone save) there is only world not my created zone.

Any ideas?

27. Offline

jblaske

Are you saving your zone? or saving the drawing of the zone? You must /zone save 2 times on a new creation (once for the drawing, once for the configuration)

28. Offline

marcram

Well thats the one problem.

But if I want to add that enter thingy or other things there just comes the Zone "help".

Btw, I use Permissions

29. Offline

jblaske

I can't help you without you providing the steps you are taking.

30. Offline

Josiah Staggs

I have an issue.
    Running bukkit 766 and EZ .25

Created a zone for a town. Worked. Saved and bedrock disappeared. Later started experimenting with tags. Forgot to save. Once i remembered i did /zone save but got a parameter error of some sort. did /zone cancel. Notcided later that bedrock markers stayed up. When editing now, more bedrock appears above the 3 original for atotal of 6 high. When saving the 3 above ar removed and the 3 below stay, as if part of the world. :/

Hope i gave enough info. logs don't show anything so i didn't bother posting it.

aside: I appreciate your contribution to the community with this plugin. Many servers just cant handle stuff like towny and worldedit+worldguard without lag.. My only suggestion: Don't turn this plugin into a resource hog!

31. Offline

marcram

Okay so my steps.

1. Typing /zone create "name"
    2. Painting the Zone with stick
    3. Typing /zone save
    4. Typing /zone name "name"
    5. Typing /zone flag "flag" (eg.flag pvp true)
    6. Typing /zone enter "TEXT"
    7. The help for the plugin pops up.

So I cant set the enter text or some other things. Also if I set pvp to true in the created zone I cant hurt my friends on the Server. (in the zone)