Inactive [SEC] BigBrother 1.11.0 - Catch griffers red-handed [1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by N3X15, Apr 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

N3X15

[​IMG]
    Important Crap

I'm done, but BB isn't.
    I've got 10 developers on the contributors' list who supposedly want to help, but I haven't heard a word from them since the day I added them. BigBrother's so full of bugs now that I don't know where to start, and I simply don't have the time or patience to work on it anymore. If you want something that works, pick up LogBlock. I'm fucking done. I updated it to "run" on 1060, but that's as far as I'm taking this. If you still want to help, email me at [email protected] and give me a rundown of your experience in coding plugins so I know you'll do something.​
    UPDATE: 3 developers have been added to the repo, but I'm waiting for them to get familiarized and start committing before I declare this crisis over. I appreciate the support and help that has been thrown this way. If you'd still like to help, but don't know how to code, there are many other ways to contribute. See the Contributors section for more info.​

Version: 1.11.0
    Original Author: tkelly910

Contributors
    • Development Team
      • N3X15
      • Mafio
      • FalconGaming
    • Quality Assurance (QA) Team (Testing, ONLY ON LATEST RB*!)
      • N3X15
      • Mineral
      • All of the poor bastards on the 7chan.org minecraft server + other dev servers
      • *NOTE: Unless EvilSeph or other bukkit devs indicate an RB is imminent, e.g. within the next week.
    • Bug Triage (Sorting through bugs, marking duplicates, closing, prioritizing)
      • N3X15
    • Documentation (Wiki, FAQ, other stuff people will read)
      • N3X15
    • MORE NEEDED. PLEASE PM ME IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN TESTING OR DEVELOPING.
    Introduction

BigBrother is a powerful plugin that enables you to investigate roll back griefing via a large and all-knowing database. You have a choice between using immensely powerful commands to search an area for changes, or you can whack a block with a stick or place a log to see changes within a single block.

• /bb log - Gives you the BigBrother Multipurpose Tool, or a simple log. Hit something with it to see changes in that spot, and place it if the block you're check is non-solid, like water, lava or air.
    • /bb done - Removes the log from your inventory, and gives you back any items it replaced.
    • Want to check an entire area? Use /bb here to list who changed what!
    • Need to roll back EvilGuy and DoucheBug's edits? Use /bb rollback EvilGuy DoucheBug!
      • Have to roll back edits up to 5 minutes ago? Simple! /bb rollback t:5m
      • Need to only roll back within a certain radius? /bb rollback r:<radius-in-blocks>
      • Roll back specific actions with /bb rollback a:10,BLOCK_PLACE
    • If you screw up, /bb undo
    • (NEW) /bb history "Suspicious Guy" to see that player's recent history! (add pg:# to go to page #)
    • Mow your lawn with /bb mowlawn!
    See the full list of commands and Permissions nodes here.

Screenshots

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG](Yes, stationary_* and regular blocks got reversed, this is fixed.)​
    [​IMG]

Need Help?

• What version of CraftBukkit and BigBrother? If you don't know, type /version and /bb version.
    • What database engine are you using? Look at the value for database.type in BigBrother.yml. I use MySQL on my server and test on H2.
    • Do you get any errors? If so, please link to a pastebin with your server.log
    • What steps do I have to take to reproduce this behavior?
    • What other plugins are you using?
    Known Issues
    • Everything listed here
    • ItemCraft is not supported due to it sending unexpected NULLs via Block.getType(). Can be fixed by adding a new enum value for unknown blocks.
    • Bugs everywhere, stopped counting.
    Coming Soon
    • /bb history - Gets the history of a player
    • Fixed /bb update
    • Updated API
    • Externally accessible API
    • Custom Action IDs (for WorldEdit support, etc.)
    More Information

IRC: Support/Chatter/Developer Jive @ irc.7chan.org #bigbrother (Moved so my build notification bot has an easier time notifying multiple channels)

Changelog
    BigBrother 1.11.0 Changelog
    • Centralize and update bystander checks.
    • Fix parsing errors in DeltaChest
    • Clarify /bb log
    • Fix sign lines being too far down
    • Add command censoring (for people worried about xAuth and the like)
    • Fix pagination capping
    • Fix an error in DeltaChest reading
    • Add ?autoReconnect=true to the MySQL DSN
    • Remove all H2 support
    • Removed /bb stick from /bb help since it is now obsolete
    • Fixed it so commands that work won't say commands not recognized after they already work
    • Fixed the issue of when you had the /bb log if you broke something it would not record the break even if you were watched
    • Now if the user tries to find the history of an invalid user it won't throw null errors.
    • Yell at the users if they don't follow the setup procedure
    • Should fix most of the errors dealing with the log and watch/unwatch problems
    • Update README
    1.10.0+ (open)

BigBrother 1.10.1 Changelog
    • Fix a rollback SQL syntax error
    • Fix explosion logging
    • Clarify database trimming message in log
    • Fix /bb history
    • Continue rolling back incorrectly-logged BlockBurns, if the data field is unparsable, default to 0.
    • Fix Heartbeat logging
    • Fix SuperPerms support.
    BigBrother 1.10.0 Changelog

New Features:
    • Brand new plugin API! (Wiki)
    • Database change. There is now a converter, but you might still lose data!
    • Compact chest changes: (+Added)(=Replaced)(-Removed)
    • Heartbeat Action: Logs users online and the current time, both to keep your database connection open, and for monitoring of your server's uptime!
    • Piston Actions!
    • Bukkit Superperms support!
    • RB 1000 support!
    • /bb history!
    • Formatting fix for rollbacks
    • A buttload of NPE fixes
    Bugfixes:

• [BB-81] Rollback doesn't work because of empty data-values
    • [BB-78/BB-69] onPickupItem/onDropItem NPEs
    • Memory leak fix (Thanks to Wootalyzer!)
    BigBrother 1.9.1:

• Use BlockSpreadEvent for tracking fires (later told by EvilSeph that there's no current way to track fire in Bukkit)
    • Display a "Permission Denied" to users trying to use commands with insufficient priviliges instead of silently failing.
    • Add /bb mowlawn.
    • Fix stupid mixup between String.format usage on C# and Java in DeltaChest
    • Automatically update plugin.yml via Maven (internal crap)
    BigBrother 1.9

• Support for 928+
    • NEW: Lava/Water/Fire flow logging (AND ACTUALLY TESTED, FOR ONCE!)
    • NEW: a: directive for rollbacks, for specifying comma-delimited action IDs to track
    • Lots and lots of bugfixes.
    • Marginally better H2 support
    • More automated tests
    • Standardized QA tests (ongoing)

2. Offline

Nivekt

**EDIT-Nevermind. I re-did everything and it appears to be working fine now. Thanks.

Alright. Well I set up the MySQL database as per the instructions. Obviously I couldnt use 'minecraft' as my database name because that was already taken. I chose to name it minecraft333. Now I put this database name in the config file for big brother and filled out every other part according to the instructions. Loaded it all up and restarted the server. I laid down some blocks and tried to roll them back and nothing happened. No messages, nothing. I logged in to the MySQL database and when going into the 'minecraft333' database that i created, there are no tables in there. It appears as though its not logging. What should I be looking at to see if I missed something?

3. Offline

Tobytheminer

BB Does not even start up here can i get any help ?

4. Offline

Aerosilver

Code:
    database:
        port: 3306
        username: ''
        prefix: ''
        hostname: ''
        cleanser:
            deletes-per-operation: 20000

Can someone tell me specifically what the deletes-per-operation variable does? Does it control how many DB entries get cleared after the age goes beyond (in this case) 7 days?

Also, what controls the timing on the cleanser? Is there a variable that controls how often it checks to see if entries are over 7 days?

I'm seeing this message in the console:

2011-08-26 15:13:28 [INFO] [BBROTHER] Removed 38295 old records because of age in 0h00m47s.

And then 60-70% of the server population drops and has to reconnect. This happens semi-frequently. Would lowering the deletes-per-operation fix the client dropping issue? As it is now, it seems the server effectively overloads while BB is removing records like that...

Also, if that is what deletes-per-operation is for, why is it that it still removes 38000+ records, when it's only supposed to be doing 20k at any one time?

5. Offline

Neobenedict

An intenal error occured when attempting command: /bb log
    happens every day
    annoying as fuck

6. Offline

Demonofbirth

7. Offline

XZeenon

Code:
    19:36:45 [SEVERE] Error occurred while disabling BigBrother v1.11.0-SNAPSHOT (Is
     it up to date?): null
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at me.taylorkelly.bigbrother.datasource.BBDB.shutdown(BBDB.java:130)
            at me.taylorkelly.bigbrother.BigBrother.onDisable(BigBrother.java:78)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:128)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.disablePlugin(JavaPluginLoade
    r.java:906)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.disablePlugin(SimplePluginManag
    er.java:294)
            at me.taylorkelly.bigbrother.BigBrother.onEnable(BigBrother.java:120)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:126)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader
    .java:885)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManage
    r.java:278)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:178)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:161
    )
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:286)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:273)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:149)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:337)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

What does that mean?

8. Offline

ThesaurusRex84

The link going to the Permissions nodes is messed up. All I see is code and links to gibberish sites.

9. Offline

Sparky222B

Removed H2 support?

Goodbye. Finding another plugin.

10. Offline

Tanite

I personally would have liked to have known that prior to the end of the plugin.

11. Offline

Alesana

Almost each time I use /bb log it's say "no block edit ....". It's like if it's reseted each time I reboot or something. I'm using default config.

Anyone know what is happening?? :(

---------------
    Oh, I just read that BB have a lot of bug? Ok, i'll try to find something else then.

12. Offline

yourmate123

when i type /bb done to get out of history log mode it says ......But you dont HAVE a History log, you doofus

13. Offline

ScottSpittle

why can we no longer see what people do with blocks.. bb here just shows

Why can i not see weather these dirt blocks were placed or destroyed.. or see the modifications that were made to a chest?

14. Offline

lauris3722

What im doing wrong? Typed

/bb rollback * t:4h r:50
    and it rollbacked whole world whole time.

15. Offline

ScottSpittle

16. Offline

MiHo

same for me! Please we need a fix!

Terra-Network.org likes this.
  17. Please fix the issue with /bb log!

18. Offline

MiHo

"/bb log" tolds me I already own a history log, and "/bb done" told me I never had one!

19. Offline

hofec

True :D this is really anoying [fire]

20. Offline

Shynthoras

hey i get this error, what the hell i do wrong?
    Code:
    21:36:50 [INFO] [BBROTHER] ------------------------------------
    >
    21:36:50 [SEVERE] [BBROTHER] Please rename BigBrother.example.yml to BigBrother.yml and edit it, otherwise BB will not work!
    >
    21:36:50 [SEVERE] Error occurred while disabling BigBrother v1.11.0-SNAPSHOT (Is it up to date?): null
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at me.taylorkelly.bigbrother.datasource.BBDB.shutdown(BBDB.java:130)
            at me.taylorkelly.bigbrother.BigBrother.onDisable(BigBrother.java:78)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:128)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.disablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:906)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.disablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:294)
            at me.taylorkelly.bigbrother.BigBrother.onEnable(BigBrother.java:120)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:126)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:885)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:278)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:178)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:161)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:286)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:273)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:149)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:337)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

I really need this plugin :(
    PLEASE HELP!

21. Offline

thisweekinMC

im a little confused on the config file, how do i add/remove items bb keeps track of?

22. Offline

yourmate123

i am having the exact same issue

im having the same problem

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2016
  23. Offline

marvinbek

Please, PLEASE BRING BACK H2 SUPPORT!

vagrantmike and Shynthoras like this.
  24. Offline

chelben9

in the 1060 version it wont work becuase it says i must rename the
    "bigbrother.example.yml" to "bigbrother.yml"
    but the problem is that there already is a
    "bigbrother.yml"
    so how do i do this
    what i try and do is delete the other and rename it but somehow then there are two
    "bigbrother.yml"
    when i try and run the server again but it still tells me to rename the example one to the
    "bigbrother.yml"
    mabye a tutorial???

25. Offline

KrebsCOHO

@N3X15

A future feature that may be good to add in is an inactive logger. Anyone that is deemed to be inactive by a configurable time could be flagged for complete rollback, likewise it could be rolled back automatically

26. Offline

gogorot

Just wanted to thank for keeping this plugin alive.
    I'm running build #683 and I'm not noticing any errors. Only lava/water flows aren't being rollbacked properly, but apart from that it seems good

27. Offline

SzymekPL

Can you add H2 again or replace it with SQLite? It was the best solution for me... please...

28. Offline

marvinbek

Really? 683? Go update, you're almost 400 builds behind.

29. Offline

gogorot

bukkit 1060, bigbrother 683

30. Offline

MineJob

Here's a quick little tutorial on how to use the basics of the plugin. I hope you enjoy the video (it was meant for my moderators but I think that anyone who wants to learn more about the basics can use this video).

This is the video:

31. Offline

Lying_Cake

This was my plugin of choice for the longest time! So useful! So many features! Thanks for an amazing plugin!! Unfortunately I used H2 and dont really want to switch to MySQL... Ill find something else i guess. Anyways thanks so much for this plugin! :D

SzymekPL likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.