Inactive [SEC] BigBrother 1.11.0 - Catch griffers red-handed [1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by N3X15, Apr 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

N3X15

[​IMG]
    Important Crap

I'm done, but BB isn't.
    I've got 10 developers on the contributors' list who supposedly want to help, but I haven't heard a word from them since the day I added them. BigBrother's so full of bugs now that I don't know where to start, and I simply don't have the time or patience to work on it anymore. If you want something that works, pick up LogBlock. I'm fucking done. I updated it to "run" on 1060, but that's as far as I'm taking this. If you still want to help, email me at [email protected] and give me a rundown of your experience in coding plugins so I know you'll do something.​
    UPDATE: 3 developers have been added to the repo, but I'm waiting for them to get familiarized and start committing before I declare this crisis over. I appreciate the support and help that has been thrown this way. If you'd still like to help, but don't know how to code, there are many other ways to contribute. See the Contributors section for more info.​

Version: 1.11.0
    Original Author: tkelly910

Contributors
    • Development Team
      • N3X15
      • Mafio
      • FalconGaming
    • Quality Assurance (QA) Team (Testing, ONLY ON LATEST RB*!)
      • N3X15
      • Mineral
      • All of the poor bastards on the 7chan.org minecraft server + other dev servers
      • *NOTE: Unless EvilSeph or other bukkit devs indicate an RB is imminent, e.g. within the next week.
    • Bug Triage (Sorting through bugs, marking duplicates, closing, prioritizing)
      • N3X15
    • Documentation (Wiki, FAQ, other stuff people will read)
      • N3X15
    • MORE NEEDED. PLEASE PM ME IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN TESTING OR DEVELOPING.
    Introduction

BigBrother is a powerful plugin that enables you to investigate roll back griefing via a large and all-knowing database. You have a choice between using immensely powerful commands to search an area for changes, or you can whack a block with a stick or place a log to see changes within a single block.

• /bb log - Gives you the BigBrother Multipurpose Tool, or a simple log. Hit something with it to see changes in that spot, and place it if the block you're check is non-solid, like water, lava or air.
    • /bb done - Removes the log from your inventory, and gives you back any items it replaced.
    • Want to check an entire area? Use /bb here to list who changed what!
    • Need to roll back EvilGuy and DoucheBug's edits? Use /bb rollback EvilGuy DoucheBug!
      • Have to roll back edits up to 5 minutes ago? Simple! /bb rollback t:5m
      • Need to only roll back within a certain radius? /bb rollback r:<radius-in-blocks>
      • Roll back specific actions with /bb rollback a:10,BLOCK_PLACE
    • If you screw up, /bb undo
    • (NEW) /bb history "Suspicious Guy" to see that player's recent history! (add pg:# to go to page #)
    • Mow your lawn with /bb mowlawn!
    See the full list of commands and Permissions nodes here.

Screenshots

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG](Yes, stationary_* and regular blocks got reversed, this is fixed.)​
    [​IMG]

Need Help?

• What version of CraftBukkit and BigBrother? If you don't know, type /version and /bb version.
    • What database engine are you using? Look at the value for database.type in BigBrother.yml. I use MySQL on my server and test on H2.
    • Do you get any errors? If so, please link to a pastebin with your server.log
    • What steps do I have to take to reproduce this behavior?
    • What other plugins are you using?
    Known Issues
    • Everything listed here
    • ItemCraft is not supported due to it sending unexpected NULLs via Block.getType(). Can be fixed by adding a new enum value for unknown blocks.
    • Bugs everywhere, stopped counting.
    Coming Soon
    • /bb history - Gets the history of a player
    • Fixed /bb update
    • Updated API
    • Externally accessible API
    • Custom Action IDs (for WorldEdit support, etc.)
    More Information

IRC: Support/Chatter/Developer Jive @ irc.7chan.org #bigbrother (Moved so my build notification bot has an easier time notifying multiple channels)

Changelog
    BigBrother 1.11.0 Changelog
    • Centralize and update bystander checks.
    • Fix parsing errors in DeltaChest
    • Clarify /bb log
    • Fix sign lines being too far down
    • Add command censoring (for people worried about xAuth and the like)
    • Fix pagination capping
    • Fix an error in DeltaChest reading
    • Add ?autoReconnect=true to the MySQL DSN
    • Remove all H2 support
    • Removed /bb stick from /bb help since it is now obsolete
    • Fixed it so commands that work won't say commands not recognized after they already work
    • Fixed the issue of when you had the /bb log if you broke something it would not record the break even if you were watched
    • Now if the user tries to find the history of an invalid user it won't throw null errors.
    • Yell at the users if they don't follow the setup procedure
    • Should fix most of the errors dealing with the log and watch/unwatch problems
    • Update README
    1.10.0+ (open)

BigBrother 1.10.1 Changelog
    • Fix a rollback SQL syntax error
    • Fix explosion logging
    • Clarify database trimming message in log
    • Fix /bb history
    • Continue rolling back incorrectly-logged BlockBurns, if the data field is unparsable, default to 0.
    • Fix Heartbeat logging
    • Fix SuperPerms support.
    BigBrother 1.10.0 Changelog

New Features:
    • Brand new plugin API! (Wiki)
    • Database change. There is now a converter, but you might still lose data!
    • Compact chest changes: (+Added)(=Replaced)(-Removed)
    • Heartbeat Action: Logs users online and the current time, both to keep your database connection open, and for monitoring of your server's uptime!
    • Piston Actions!
    • Bukkit Superperms support!
    • RB 1000 support!
    • /bb history!
    • Formatting fix for rollbacks
    • A buttload of NPE fixes
    Bugfixes:

• [BB-81] Rollback doesn't work because of empty data-values
    • [BB-78/BB-69] onPickupItem/onDropItem NPEs
    • Memory leak fix (Thanks to Wootalyzer!)
    BigBrother 1.9.1:

• Use BlockSpreadEvent for tracking fires (later told by EvilSeph that there's no current way to track fire in Bukkit)
    • Display a "Permission Denied" to users trying to use commands with insufficient priviliges instead of silently failing.
    • Add /bb mowlawn.
    • Fix stupid mixup between String.format usage on C# and Java in DeltaChest
    • Automatically update plugin.yml via Maven (internal crap)
    BigBrother 1.9

• Support for 928+
    • NEW: Lava/Water/Fire flow logging (AND ACTUALLY TESTED, FOR ONCE!)
    • NEW: a: directive for rollbacks, for specifying comma-delimited action IDs to track
    • Lots and lots of bugfixes.
    • Marginally better H2 support
    • More automated tests
    • Standardized QA tests (ongoing)

2. Offline

tidge789

Yeah I just disabled fire using a plugin called NoGriefers or something like that, but it disables everything like TNT lava fire etc.. Is there any other way to disable fire using essentials or something ? Thanks in advance !

3. Offline

zookalicious

4. Offline

DomiStyle

I would suggest you to get WorldGuard and disable fire spread.
    You can still place fire incase you need it for a Portal for example but it doesn't spread.

5. Offline

tidge789

Ok thanks, but for disabling fire spread using WorldGuard, I need to create a region ? How can I disable it in the entire world ?

6. Offline

flaaghara

You go into the config for your world in : plugins>WorldGuard>config Then search for "fire" using Control+F and you should see the config to disable fire spread globally.
    =========================================================
    On another note, could the plugin developer add some sort of functionality that allows history of a block to displayed in pages? Like maybe when you hit a block with a log, if the list of edits exceeds 10 lines, it would automaticly wrap to a new page and prompt a "/bb list [page number]" command to see the other pages? And you could make it simple so that the "bb /list" command would only display the list for the last block you might have checked for edits? The only reason I suggest this is because frequently used items like chests constantly have people accessing them, depositing and withdrawing items, so I usually can't see all of the previous edits to a chest. Thanks for reading!

7. Offline

DomiStyle

8. Offline

RugRats

@N3X15
    Code:
    2011-07-20 00:34:47 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'bb' in plugin BigBrother v1.10.0-SNAPSHOT
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
        at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:129)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:320)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:713)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:677)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:670)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:33)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:85)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    Caused by: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: toIndex = 9
        at java.util.SubList.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.RandomAccessSubList.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.AbstractList.subList(Unknown Source)
        at me.taylorkelly.bigbrother.commands.HistoryCommand.onCommand(HistoryCommand.java:68)
        at me.taylorkelly.bigbrother.BBCommand.onCommand(BBCommand.java:57)
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
        ... 12 more
    Get this when using /bb history

9. Offline

erdrickk

I destroyed a few blocks as a test and did a rollback.... this is what I got in my server logs

Edit: forgot this... Bukkit 1000 with the latest recommended BB release

2011-07-19 18:47:32 [SEVERE] [BBROTHER] executeUpdate failed (UPDATE bbdata AS bbdata, bbusers AS usr SET rbacked = false WHERE bbdata.player = usr.id AND action IN('1','2','3','5','13','15','18','21','20','24','26') AND player IN ('3') AND rbacked = true;):
    org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException: Syntax error in SQL statement "UPDATE BBDATA AS BBDATA,[*] BBUSERS AS USR SET RBACKED = FALSE WHERE BBDATA.PLAYER = USR.ID AND ACTION IN('1','2','3','5','13','15','18','21','20','24','26') AND PLAYER IN ('3') AND RBACKED = TRUE; "; expected "SET"; SQL statement:
    UPDATE bbdata AS bbdata, bbusers AS usr SET rbacked = false WHERE bbdata.player = usr.id AND action IN('1','2','3','5','13','15','18','21','20','24','26') AND player IN ('3') AND rbacked = true; [42001-153]
    at org.h2.message.DbException.getJdbcSQLException(DbException.java:327)
    at org.h2.message.DbException.get(DbException.java:167)
    at org.h2.message.DbException.getSyntaxError(DbException.java:192)
    at org.h2.command.Parser.read(Parser.java:2737)
    at org.h2.command.Parser.parseUpdate(Parser.java:658)
    at org.h2.command.Parser.parsePrepared(Parser.java:423)
    at org.h2.command.Parser.parse(Parser.java:275)
    at org.h2.command.Parser.parse(Parser.java:247)
    at org.h2.command.Parser.prepare(Parser.java:201)
    at org.h2.command.Parser.prepareCommand(Parser.java:214)
    at org.h2.engine.Session.prepareLocal(Session.java:426)
    at org.h2.engine.Session.prepareCommand(Session.java:374)
    at org.h2.jdbc.JdbcConnection.prepareCommand(JdbcConnection.java:1100)
    at org.h2.jdbc.JdbcPreparedStatement.<init>(JdbcPreparedStatement.java:71)
    at org.h2.jdbc.JdbcConnection.prepareStatement(JdbcConnection.java:243)
    at me.taylorkelly.bigbrother.datasource.BBDB.executeUpdate(BBDB.java:304)
    at me.taylorkelly.bigbrother.datasource.BBDB.tryUpdate(BBDB.java:291)
    at me.taylorkelly.bigbrother.rollback.Rollback.undo(Rollback.java:127)
    at me.taylorkelly.bigbrother.commands.UndoCommand.onCommand(UndoCommand.java:28)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:713)

10. Offline

but2002

It's not a typo. It's a joke.

11. Offline

N3X15

Bukkit changed fire spread to BlockSpread, and it appears that it's still very buggy. I'll run some more tests tommorrow.

Ugh.

Thanks for the report, I'll fix this tomorrow. If you want to fix it ASAP, use MySQL. I can rollback just fine with it on my production server, so I'll try to copy over the syntax from that database.

Pastebin the errors, then we'll talk. :V

12. Offline

xcanner

Can you tell us which kind of data we might lose?

13. Offline

Pisi-Deff

CB 1000 and the latest
    Running without an actual permissions plugin and just op status doesn't seem to work anymore. I'm definitely an op on the server and for good measure also tried the commands without being an op.
    Also the /bb help command still lists bb stick, which reports itself as deprecated.
    2011-07-20_12.47.46.png

14. Offline

Jobsti

@N3X15 Bug:

I spawn a creeper, I rightclick with my bb-log in the hole, nothing happens, no text in the Chat and i place a log ;)

I place a new block (sand) in the creeper hole, I can't leftclick it, notthing happens in the chat.
    (On player.interact.... error i serverconsole)

/bb here finds: Environment
    /bb rollback environment, does nothing, but says "rollbacked..."
    now, all logs from this hole are deleted, /bb here shows no edits.

15. Offline

GmK

@N3X15

Oh wheee, I've used 1.10 for a bit, but not the newest version. Never had a problem with it (I used until the 'Actually listen to Blockspread" commit)

I just updated, and my console is being spammed to hell with:

And it doesnt stop since 10min, just goes absolutely nuts.

It is killing my server :(

CB1000.

Having the same problem with @phaed PreciousStones, and he also doesnt know whats up. Any ideas? With BB it only started with my update to the latest recommended today.

16. Offline

Sayshal

Seems to be working now, but I have this issure where it deletes the database, console message:

Removed ## records because of age in 00h00m00s.

I want the database to be removed after 7 days, help?

17. Offline

Jacek

Hey,

Is there any way to have /bb log still act like it used to, ie giving you the log and replacing the selected item ?

Doing /i log 1 then /bb log /bb done then throwing the log away is a bit of a pain.

18. Offline

Consalvo

It does not work when I put a command of /bb "command Uncategorised by BigBrother, see docmentacion oruse / bb help" When I put "/ bb help" tells me the same.

Vercion of BB: 1.10
    Bukkit: 953

Excuse my bad English

19. Offline

Raqn

Can we have the old /bb log brought back?

@Jacek is right, the new method is just more tedious.

AegisZephyr likes this.
  20. Offline

erdrickk

What was the Recommended Build # before this one? it was working just fine, I think I will re-install it

21. Offline

AegisZephyr

22. Offline

erdrickk

LOL no.........i was talking about the BigBrother build....right now its #641

NM, I just missed it... The last RB was #581

http://ci.nexisonline.net:8080/job/BigBrother/

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2016
  23. Offline

N3X15

Change history.

I think I've fixed this, though I'm not sure because the new SuperPerms thing is new to me.

Pastebin the errors, please. Also, changes can take a few seconds to be logged, since BB sends updates in chunks to the MC server.

I use on CB 1000, and I get no such errors. What other plugins are you using?

See BigBrother.example.yml.

Uh, it IS the old /bb log. It was like this before I even joined onto the BB team. All I did was get rid of the stick because punching with a log does the same thing, and also get rid of a dupe bug by stopping it from giving you free stuff. If you want the free log, just /give name 17 1 (or /i 17).

Or even better: punch a tree.

24. Offline

Jobsti

25. Offline

MasterMeNL

Using BigBrother 1.10.0 and CB #1000 (still using old YETI permissions which work).
    It doesn't log explosions.
    It gives me a shitload of errors which I never had before with the old 1.9.1:
    Pastebin error thing
    BTW, I use the H2 database and other things are default settings, tell me if you need any more info.

26. Offline

GmK

My plugins:

Code:
    [INFO] Plugins: CombatTag, CraftIRC, CraftBookCommon, WorldBorder, Jail, BigBrother, BukkitContrib, WeatherRestrictions
    , ShopAds, iConomy, AutoRepair, BlastControl, BankAccount, WordRank, WorldEdit, Turnstile, PvPTime, Clans, HeroBounty, MCDocs, Residence, MobBount
    y, NarrowtuxLib, CraftBookMechanisms, CraftBookCircuits, VoxelPort, LagMeter, PvPReward, SignColours, CommandBook, ButtonWarp, HeroSpaw
    n, MinequeryPlus, Permissions, AfkBooter, LoginQueue2, NoCheat, MinecartManiaCore, Stats, SpyerAdminCommands, WorldGuard, MyHome, MapMa
    rkers, MinecartManiaStation, MyWarp, SpamHammer, Votifier, Showcase, VoxelSniper, MinecartManiaChestControl, PetitionPlugin, SimpleReserve, HeroChat, HeroicR
    ebuke, PermissionsPlus, SpyerAdmin, MinecartManiaSignCommands, MinecartManiaAdminControls, LWC, p2Aliases, PreciousStones

It *only* started when @phaed PreciousStones updated (to work with the new piston events) and now when you updated BB to the new piston stuff.

It was all fine before that, and it happens independently with both plugins, not when theyre on at the same time (but then as well of course).

Am really dumbfounded :/

27. Offline

RugRats

@N3X15
    Code:
    2011-07-20 00:34:47 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'bb' in plugin BigBrother v1.10.0-SNAPSHOT
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
    Caused by: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: toIndex = 9
        at java.util.SubList.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.RandomAccessSubList.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.AbstractList.subList(Unknown Source)
        at me.taylorkelly.bigbrother.commands.HistoryCommand.onCommand(HistoryCommand.java:68)
        ... 12 more
    Get this when using /bb history

28. Offline

Jacek

I don't want free stuff, I want to be able to quickly switch to admin mode to see who burnt my house down. I don't normally carry logs around so instead of the way it worked in the last version which was just /bb log, click, /bb done to get what ever you had back. It is now /i log 1, open inventory, put log in hand, /bb log, click, /bb done, throw log away. Compared to how easy the other way was, this just seems too long.

Is there any way it could be made configurable or something, this looks like it will be a divisive topic. I see your point about free stuff, but the only people who have access to the /bb commands will also generally have access to /i and /give right ;)

Ultimately it's up to you, this is just my thoughts.

MasterMeNL, Raqn and Jobsti like this.
  29. Offline

Monstertke

http://pastebin.com/guE9c0Pd

Build #1000, My plugins are here. I was trying to roll back a creeper explosion command was /bb rollback * r:20
    It said rollback successful, but it didnt actually do anything.

Also bb log is acting stange, sometimes when I place it it works as expected, sometimes it sticks in the hole....

Jobsti likes this.
  30. Offline

Jacek

To add to my above post, /bb log could also bind the log tool to the current item. That would avoid free logs and would make the process pretty easy.

31. Offline

Raqn

Why not use a method not like the previous one in bigbrother and the current one in logblock?
    Place log
    Get logs
    Log is removed from where you placed it
    Log returns to inventory.

I dont use it for the free log, I use it because 1 command is more convenient than 2

Jobsti likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.