Inactive [SEC] BigBrother 1.11.0 - Catch griffers red-handed [1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by N3X15, Apr 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

N3X15

[​IMG]
    Important Crap

I'm done, but BB isn't.
    I've got 10 developers on the contributors' list who supposedly want to help, but I haven't heard a word from them since the day I added them. BigBrother's so full of bugs now that I don't know where to start, and I simply don't have the time or patience to work on it anymore. If you want something that works, pick up LogBlock. I'm fucking done. I updated it to "run" on 1060, but that's as far as I'm taking this. If you still want to help, email me at [email protected] and give me a rundown of your experience in coding plugins so I know you'll do something.​
    UPDATE: 3 developers have been added to the repo, but I'm waiting for them to get familiarized and start committing before I declare this crisis over. I appreciate the support and help that has been thrown this way. If you'd still like to help, but don't know how to code, there are many other ways to contribute. See the Contributors section for more info.​

Version: 1.11.0
    Original Author: tkelly910

Contributors
    • Development Team
      • N3X15
      • Mafio
      • FalconGaming
    • Quality Assurance (QA) Team (Testing, ONLY ON LATEST RB*!)
      • N3X15
      • Mineral
      • All of the poor bastards on the 7chan.org minecraft server + other dev servers
      • *NOTE: Unless EvilSeph or other bukkit devs indicate an RB is imminent, e.g. within the next week.
    • Bug Triage (Sorting through bugs, marking duplicates, closing, prioritizing)
      • N3X15
    • Documentation (Wiki, FAQ, other stuff people will read)
      • N3X15
    • MORE NEEDED. PLEASE PM ME IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN TESTING OR DEVELOPING.
    Introduction

BigBrother is a powerful plugin that enables you to investigate roll back griefing via a large and all-knowing database. You have a choice between using immensely powerful commands to search an area for changes, or you can whack a block with a stick or place a log to see changes within a single block.

• /bb log - Gives you the BigBrother Multipurpose Tool, or a simple log. Hit something with it to see changes in that spot, and place it if the block you're check is non-solid, like water, lava or air.
    • /bb done - Removes the log from your inventory, and gives you back any items it replaced.
    • Want to check an entire area? Use /bb here to list who changed what!
    • Need to roll back EvilGuy and DoucheBug's edits? Use /bb rollback EvilGuy DoucheBug!
      • Have to roll back edits up to 5 minutes ago? Simple! /bb rollback t:5m
      • Need to only roll back within a certain radius? /bb rollback r:<radius-in-blocks>
      • Roll back specific actions with /bb rollback a:10,BLOCK_PLACE
    • If you screw up, /bb undo
    • (NEW) /bb history "Suspicious Guy" to see that player's recent history! (add pg:# to go to page #)
    • Mow your lawn with /bb mowlawn!
    See the full list of commands and Permissions nodes here.

Screenshots

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG](Yes, stationary_* and regular blocks got reversed, this is fixed.)​
    [​IMG]

Need Help?

• What version of CraftBukkit and BigBrother? If you don't know, type /version and /bb version.
    • What database engine are you using? Look at the value for database.type in BigBrother.yml. I use MySQL on my server and test on H2.
    • Do you get any errors? If so, please link to a pastebin with your server.log
    • What steps do I have to take to reproduce this behavior?
    • What other plugins are you using?
    Known Issues
    • Everything listed here
    • ItemCraft is not supported due to it sending unexpected NULLs via Block.getType(). Can be fixed by adding a new enum value for unknown blocks.
    • Bugs everywhere, stopped counting.
    Coming Soon
    • /bb history - Gets the history of a player
    • Fixed /bb update
    • Updated API
    • Externally accessible API
    • Custom Action IDs (for WorldEdit support, etc.)
    More Information

IRC: Support/Chatter/Developer Jive @ irc.7chan.org #bigbrother (Moved so my build notification bot has an easier time notifying multiple channels)

Changelog
    BigBrother 1.11.0 Changelog
    • Centralize and update bystander checks.
    • Fix parsing errors in DeltaChest
    • Clarify /bb log
    • Fix sign lines being too far down
    • Add command censoring (for people worried about xAuth and the like)
    • Fix pagination capping
    • Fix an error in DeltaChest reading
    • Add ?autoReconnect=true to the MySQL DSN
    • Remove all H2 support
    • Removed /bb stick from /bb help since it is now obsolete
    • Fixed it so commands that work won't say commands not recognized after they already work
    • Fixed the issue of when you had the /bb log if you broke something it would not record the break even if you were watched
    • Now if the user tries to find the history of an invalid user it won't throw null errors.
    • Yell at the users if they don't follow the setup procedure
    • Should fix most of the errors dealing with the log and watch/unwatch problems
    • Update README
    1.10.0+ (open)

BigBrother 1.10.1 Changelog
    • Fix a rollback SQL syntax error
    • Fix explosion logging
    • Clarify database trimming message in log
    • Fix /bb history
    • Continue rolling back incorrectly-logged BlockBurns, if the data field is unparsable, default to 0.
    • Fix Heartbeat logging
    • Fix SuperPerms support.
    BigBrother 1.10.0 Changelog

New Features:
    • Brand new plugin API! (Wiki)
    • Database change. There is now a converter, but you might still lose data!
    • Compact chest changes: (+Added)(=Replaced)(-Removed)
    • Heartbeat Action: Logs users online and the current time, both to keep your database connection open, and for monitoring of your server's uptime!
    • Piston Actions!
    • Bukkit Superperms support!
    • RB 1000 support!
    • /bb history!
    • Formatting fix for rollbacks
    • A buttload of NPE fixes
    Bugfixes:

• [BB-81] Rollback doesn't work because of empty data-values
    • [BB-78/BB-69] onPickupItem/onDropItem NPEs
    • Memory leak fix (Thanks to Wootalyzer!)
    BigBrother 1.9.1:

• Use BlockSpreadEvent for tracking fires (later told by EvilSeph that there's no current way to track fire in Bukkit)
    • Display a "Permission Denied" to users trying to use commands with insufficient priviliges instead of silently failing.
    • Add /bb mowlawn.
    • Fix stupid mixup between String.format usage on C# and Java in DeltaChest
    • Automatically update plugin.yml via Maven (internal crap)
    BigBrother 1.9

• Support for 928+
    • NEW: Lava/Water/Fire flow logging (AND ACTUALLY TESTED, FOR ONCE!)
    • NEW: a: directive for rollbacks, for specifying comma-delimited action IDs to track
    • Lots and lots of bugfixes.
    • Marginally better H2 support
    • More automated tests
    • Standardized QA tests (ongoing)

2. Offline

noahwhygodwhy

wow, i like this, kinda heavy, and i've heard some bad stuff about it, probably cause they were caught by it, i'll give it a try.

still no world edit support?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2016
  3. Offline

Zixt

Code:
    20:44:17 [SEVERE] [BBROTHER] onPlayerPickupItem(org.bukkit.event.player.PlayerPickupItemEvent@fad7bb)
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at me.taylorkelly.bigbrother.datablock.PickupItem.<init>(PickupItem.java:12)
            at me.taylorkelly.bigbrother.listeners.BBPlayerListener.onPlayerPickupItem(BBPlayerListener.java:173)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$19.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:369)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:310)
            at net.minecraft.server.EntityItem.b(EntityItem.java:128)
            at net.minecraft.server.EntityHuman.i(EntityHuman.java:218)
            at net.minecraft.server.EntityHuman.u(EntityHuman.java:210)
            at net.minecraft.server.EntityPlayer.u(EntityPlayer.java:281)
            at net.minecraft.server.EntityLiving.o_(EntityLiving.java:231)
            at net.minecraft.server.EntityHuman.o_(EntityHuman.java:96)
            at net.minecraft.server.EntityPlayer.a(EntityPlayer.java:197)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:286)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet10Flying.a(SourceFile:126)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:399)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:309)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    Not entirely sure on this error. Server uses MySQL and the DB is local to it, so access shouldn't be a problem. Using latest BB with CB 860

4. Offline

CaseyServer

The tables say they are generating but are not showing up.
    Code:
    2011-06-15 19:58:01 [INFO] [BBROTHER] ------------------------------------
    2011-06-15 19:58:01 [INFO] [BBROTHER] Hello, and thank you for using the TESTING version of BigBrother!
    2011-06-15 19:58:01 [INFO] [BBROTHER] Please note that, since this is far from complete, there will be many bugs.
    2011-06-15 19:58:01 [INFO] [BBROTHER] IF YOU FIND ANY BUGS, PLEASE REPORT THEM ON [URL='http://bugs.nexisonline.net/bb2011-06-15']http://bugs.nexisonline.net/bb[/URL][URL='http://bugs.nexisonline.net/bb2011-06-15']2011-06-15[/URL]
    19:58:01 [INFO] [BBROTHER] Please stay tuned in irc.esper.net #bigbrother for updates and build notifications.2011-06-15 19:58:01 [INFO] [BBROTHER] ------------------------------------2011-06-15 19:58:01 [INFO] [BBROTHER] Building `bbdata` table...2011-06-15 19:58:01 [INFO] [BBROTHER] BBData H2 Driver r1 loaded!2011-06-15 19:58:01 [INFO] [BBROTHER] Building `bbworlds` table...2011-06-15 19:58:01 [INFO] [BBROTHER] Building `bbusers` table...2011-06-15 19:58:01 [INFO] [BBROTHER] Permissions enabled using: Permissions v2.7.42011-06-15 19:58:01 [INFO] [BBROTHER] Help plugin detected but disabled. Enabling plugin 'Help' (v0.2.4.1).
    BigBrother.yml
    database:
    port: 3306
    username: server725
    prefix: ''
    hostname: localhost
    cleanser:
    deletes-per-operation: 20000
    type: H2
    password: *censored*
    database: server725
    send-delay: 4
    mysql:
    engine: INNODB
    low-priority-insert: true
    If it helps my password has a + in it not sure if it matters or not.
    P.S I tested it out and the files generate with MyWarp

5. Offline

TheWukkitBros

Is there a way i can make it so if someone breaks a block in a certain radius they will get banned? or if like i build something can i make it so all the blocks if someone breaks one they will get banned or kicked?

6. Offline

andrewkm

This plugin is just perfect and working great :) Thank you so much once again for this!

7. Offline

Akintudne

I would suggest using WorldGuard regions, or something like it, to protect certain areas. It works wonders on our server.

8. Offline

danielisacrab

Change the type from H2 to mysql.

Also, N3X15, or anyone with any kind of idea, what is the format of the blob data saved in the database?
    From what i can gather, it is: {ChestSlot:ItemID:HowMuchAdded:?:?;

I've no idea about the last two though.

EDIT: Never mind. Figured it out.

CaseyServer likes this.
  9. Offline

mpas

I have a question on '/bb undo'
    When I do undo of previous '/bb rollback' command, can I again rollback on the same location?
    I tested it, and after undo command I repeated rollback command and it says than no changed blocks at this location (?)

test current location as it looks before 30 minutes

/bb rollback * r:10 t:30m

because it is not right

/bb undo

use older time (1 hour) to find right changes

/bb rollback * r:10 t:1h

and now not working no rollback at this location

History of changes is lost after undo or what is it???
    thanks

10. Offline

dog.big

Hello,
    could you assit me with bellow listed errors which spoams my console and cause lags?
    First at startup
    Code:
    2011-06-15 15:48:22 [INFO] [BBROTHER] ------------------------------------
    2011-06-15 15:48:22 [INFO] [BBROTHER] Hello, and thank you for using the TESTING version of BigBrother!
    2011-06-15 15:48:22 [INFO] [BBROTHER] Please note that, since this is far from complete, there will be many bugs.
    2011-06-15 15:48:22 [INFO] [BBROTHER] IF YOU FIND ANY BUGS, PLEASE REPORT THEM ON http://bugs.nexisonline.net/bb
    2011-06-15 15:48:22 [INFO] [BBROTHER] Please stay tuned in irc.esper.net #bigbrother for updates and build notifications.
    2011-06-15 15:48:22 [INFO] [BBROTHER] ------------------------------------
    2011-06-15 15:48:22 [SEVERE] Error: null
    2011-06-15 15:48:22 [INFO] [BBROTHER] BBData MySQL Driver r1 loaded!
    2011-06-15 15:48:22 [INFO] [BBROTHER] Permissions plugin found but disabled. Enabling 'Permissions' (v3.1.5).
    2011-06-15 15:48:22 [INFO] [Permissions] version [3.1.5] (Yeti)  loaded
    2011-06-15 15:48:22 [INFO] [BBROTHER] Permissions enabled using: Permissions v3.1.5
    2011-06-15 15:48:22 [WARNING] [BBROTHER] 'Help' isn't detected. No /help support
    2011-06-15 15:48:22 [INFO] [BBROTHER] BigBrother 1.8-SNAPSHOT (build #509) enabled!
    And second every 0,5 sec
    Code:
    2011-06-16 15:43:00 [SEVERE] [BBROTHER] Data Insert SQL Exception when sending blocks
    java.sql.BatchUpdateException: Data truncation: Data too long for column 'data' at row 1
        at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeBatchSerially(PreparedStatement.java:2018)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeBatch(PreparedStatement.java:1449)
        at me.taylorkelly.bigbrother.datasource.DataBlockSender.sendBlocksSQL(DataBlockSender.java:83)
        at me.taylorkelly.bigbrother.datasource.DataBlockSender.access$000(DataBlockSender.java:24)
        at me.taylorkelly.bigbrother.datasource.DataBlockSender$SendingTask.run(DataBlockSender.java:222)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftWorker.run(CraftWorker.java:34)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
    2011-06-16 15:43:00 [SEVERE] [BBROTHER] Possible cause of previous SQLException:
    2011-06-16 15:43:00 [WARNING] [BBROTHER] SQL send failed. Keeping data for later send.

11. Offline

Grimmy777

How do I view the commands that people are using and their messages? I see the option in the config file but I do not know how to actually view them. Are there more commands for this plugin then are listed on the top of this thread? Thanks.

12. Offline

xtr4xtr3m3

is there any way to view / edit the h2 database without loading it in a seperate h2 server?
    and is there any way to see what people wrote in chat/executed commands? i enabled this feature in the settings, but i dunno how to read it.. thx 4 any help ;)

13. Offline

Grimmy777

my question exactly.

14. Offline

danielisacrab

the H2 database, there SHOULD be a way through PHP, that'll display it in a similar way to MySQL, since H2 pretends to be postgres.

I'm actually currently scrambling together a PHP frontend for the MySQL, and I'm maybe thinking about adding an upload function for the h2 databases.

Not promising anything, but I'll do my best.

15. Offline

Frogging101

I love this plugin! It's amazing. Thanks!

16. Offline

Pim1234

what does /watch <player> do?

17. Offline

TheWukkitBros

Can i set a block as soon as someone hits they will get kicked or banned?

18. Offline

Butkicker

Were can I find the permissions nodes? I checked tkellys github and thread and @N3X15 wiki.

19. Offline

N3X15

H2 has its own web frontend, see their website at http://h2database.com/.

I don't have testing routines for this, yet. I recommend keeping autowatch enabled.

Not yet. I might add something like that this summer. Please add a feature request on the bug tracker.

I'm planning on adding a plugin framework for this sort of thing, either by exposing a set of interfaces for other plugins to talk to, or by creating another set of plugins that hook into WorldEdit and report back any changes it makes. Either way, it requires a serious set of database changes and internal refactoring that I do not have time to perform until summer.

Good question, I'll look into it.

I think you have an old BigBrother. Please update.

Basically marks that person for monitoring by BigBrother. However, autowatch does this for you.

Nope.

http://bugs.nexisonline.net/wiki/Bb:permissions

Also, thanks to whoever donated $200. I greatly appreciate it, and your donation will help BigBrother's quality by making the Jenkins server handle more testing procedures via giving it a 1-2GB RAM upgrade. Again, thank you, you crazy, crazy person.

*goes back to schoolwork*

20. Offline

Toni

Holy smokes, someone donated $200? Or was it just a mistake for $20? lol

21. Offline

noahwhygodwhy

i think the plugin precious stones does that. just fyi

22. Offline

Ratchet

i'm not signing up for another bugtracker so here's this:

Code:
    2011-06-16 23:15:17 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'bb' in plugin BigBrother v1.8-SNAPSHOT
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
        at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:128)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:287)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:712)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:678)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:671)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:32)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:399)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:309)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    Caused by: java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 3
        at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)
        at me.taylorkelly.util.TimeParser.parseTime(TimeParser.java:41)
        at me.taylorkelly.bigbrother.rollback.RollbackInterpreter.<init>(RollbackInterpreter.java:58)
        at me.taylorkelly.bigbrother.commands.RollbackCommand.onCommand(RollbackCommand.java:26)
        at me.taylorkelly.bigbrother.BBCommand.onCommand(BBCommand.java:40)
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
        ... 12 more
    when attempting to do /bb rollback sunwind t:10 r:50

23. Offline

Pyraah

Is it possible to view a detailled log for a chest ?

24. Offline

ArmEagle

Maybe not ingame (yet), but the (database) table (and user text logs if enabled) contain all chest modifications.

25. Offline

Kartus

1. request: change command from "/bb done" to "/bb end", it's faster and easier to type, and im using BB a lot ;)

2. issue: when i command "bb done" twice in a row, i will get the "bb stick" instead of toggling between bb log and my original itemslot.

26. Offline

Butkicker

Hey.. this is a error when I guess someone picks up a item.
    Code:
    [SEVERE] [BBROTHER] onPlayerPickupItem(org.bukkit.event.player.PlayerPickupItemEvent@15a4d750)java.lang.NullPointerException    at me.taylorkelly.bigbrother.datablock.PickupItem.<init>(PickupItem.java:12)    at me.taylorkelly.bigbrother.listeners.BBPlayerListener.onPlayerPickupItem(BBPlayerListener.java:173)    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$19.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:369)    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:310)    at net.minecraft.server.EntityItem.b(EntityItem.java:128)    at net.minecraft.server.EntityHuman.i(EntityHuman.java:218)    at net.minecraft.server.EntityHuman.u(EntityHuman.java:210)    at net.minecraft.server.EntityPlayer.u(EntityPlayer.java:281)    at net.minecraft.server.EntityLiving.o_(EntityLiving.java:231)    at net.minecraft.server.EntityHuman.o_(EntityHuman.java:96)    at net.minecraft.server.EntityPlayer.a(EntityPlayer.java:197)    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:286)    at net.minecraft.server.Packet10Flying.a(SourceFile:126)    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:399)    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:309)    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    I'm using MySql. What table do I find were the data is in.

27. Offline

N3X15

t:10 doesn't specify a unit, (h, m, s, d, etc).

Nope, I plan to add that soon.

BBData, though that has nothing to do with your error. This is an old bug I am having trouble reproducing.

28. Offline

Strahan

I installed H2 server, I get a web console and I'm trying to figure out how to attach to the H2 database so I can run some queries. What do I put for the JDBC URL to connect to it? I copied bigbrother.h2*.* to the \prog\h2\bin because the java file not found error had that path where it was looking, but no dice.

29. Offline

Daikyoka

I had the same problem with the latest recommended BB build. I tried to redownload the mysql.jar lib but same MD5, so, no change.
    I tried next to find another mysql lib for Java. There was on the MySQL official website. No more problem. Here the connector : http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/j/
    Just unzip files in your crafbukkit/lib folder and rename mysql-connector-java-5.x.x-bin.jar to mysql.jar.
    Works fine. :)

30. Offline

quickclay

I don't have an account to post a feature request on your tracker, but I was wondering if you could have an option to disable the "[INFO] [BBROTHER] Removed # of old records because of age..." messages as they really do add a lot of clutter to my console with minmal benefit. Otherwise, love the plugin. Thanks!

31. Offline

andrewkm

Would need to be an option as I prefer to have it in my console. Please dont remove them permanently.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.