Development Assistance Searching/Request of a few plugins

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by iRCinfinity, Apr 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

iRCinfinity

I'm new at the whole server/bukkit thing so try to go easy on me and my noobishness.

Possible information needed:
    Running: Cauldron Latest

What I'm looking for:

First thing:
    A plugin that allows me to configure "Ranks" and give them to the player upon a certain time of being online. E.g. I play for six hours and get the rank "Wanderer", I then want that to display as a prefix such as [Wanderer]iRCinfinity: Chat chat chat. I would also like to alter the color of the prefix and give permissions to the new ranks. I know I can do all of this, excluding time played, with groups but I whenever I install a permissions plugin everyone loses the ability to do anything and I'm not savvy enough to set it up yet.

I tried Auto Rank and configured it but it kept erroring for some reason, couldn't get it to work so I uninstalled it. Also it appeared to be missing a few of the features I'd like. However if there is a way to do these things I'm all ears.

Second thing:
    Voting on restart. I've seen a few plugins which are out of date or not quite right, but I would like a plugin where the server asks for a vote every X amount of time and the poll goes on for X minutes before ending. If X percentage of players vote yes, the server will restart.

Yes I have searched for these and found similar, but not quite what I'm looking for, plugins. Unless you know how to configure one in a way that would work, I don't think they are viable. The first plugin is the main one I need, the second one is just a lag precaution.

Thanks in advance!

2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Moved to Bukkit alternatives
    @iRCinfinity OnTime with a permissions plugin.
    Any vote plugin that is able to run commands, make sure to have a good script to restart it.

3. Offline

iRCinfinity

Oh sorry, I thought I had it in the correct section as per a previous thread. My bad!

So a permissions plugin is what I need? I realize this isn't the correct area to post this question but since we're already on the topic and it's partially related to my original question. Would you mind linking me to something that explains permissions? Or explaining it yourself? I know that it works by giving you a config that allows you do say:

Groups:
    Player:
    prefix: "[Player]"
    permissions:
    perm.permission.something

However my players have the default permissions by.. Well, default. However after installing a permissions plugin they lose the ability to do anything. How can I give them their default permissions back without knowing what I need to give them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.