Question run.bat won't work

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by Mr Nerd, Sep 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Mr Nerd

Help please, i am trying to set up a batch file for my server, but when i run it it says
    "The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
    Press any key to continue . . ."

Before this it always said that it's not recognized as an internal or external command, and i thought i just needed to add C:\ before the %programfiles(x86) but i guess not

@Echo OFF
    "C:\%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Java\jre1.8.0_31\bin\java.exe" -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar minecraft_server.exe
    PAUSE

That's what i have, and i have even changed "path" variable to "C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\OpenCL SDK\3.0\bin\x86;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\OpenCL SDK\3.0\bin\x64;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_31\bin"

But nothing is working, help please

2. Offline

Boomer

%variable% would already have the C:\ full path in it, so dont use C:\%variable%
    your path is broken - the right thing is there, but.... not separated correctly
    .....;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_31\bin

Note no semicolin before it, so it doesn't actually appear in your path as valid, nor does the skype phone.. But that does appear to be the valid pathname for where a java would be, if indeed you do have that folder and java in there

You can just put that directly in the bat leave the % signs out of it (Just put quotes before c: and after .exe because there are spaces in the pathname)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.