Inactive [RPG/MECH] mcMMO v1.3.04 - RPG Addiction Redefined! Multi-Lingual! [1.2.4]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by TheYeti, Jan 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

TheYeti

mcMMO - The RPG Lovers Plugin

[​IMG]

Quick Links
    Latest Version: 1.3.3 (INFO, DL)

News
    3/1/12
    We have moved to using our own JIRA install for tracking issues and have mostly
    completed the website. Both can be found in the links below. Most all support
    and bug tracking should now be done through the following link: http://issues.mcmmo.org

Please use the mcMMO forums located at the mcMMO BukkitDev

Dev Team

2. Offline

--GJ--

R5 isn't out yet.

Care to explain? I don't have the time to watch the video right this second.

3. Offline

ACStache

basically he was able to spam repair a sword. the repair would go through and visually fix it, but if you mvoed it around it retained a lower durability and would show the durability bar again, resulting in a repair lvl gaining exploit. (it was an iron sword if it makes a difference)

4. Offline

Rexel

"Fixed issue that caused terrible MySQL performance"

I decided to try mysql.. it works.. only it was causing major lag, logblock also using mysql was fine.

Mcmmo back to flat file, only tried out mysql because it just seems to have lost everyones stats again, that seems to be a recurring problem with mcmmo every so often.

5. Offline

agentc

I Hope MineTopia use this its MineTopia is my BEST BEST SEVRER

6. Offline

SVoyager

I could use some help with permissions. I am a bit confused as to what is supported and whats not. Just choosing the right permissions plugin is a tough choice. I am running permissionsbukkit 1.2 . The problem I have is that some skills permissions doesnt work. Other do however.

Here is part of my permissions config. Nothing fancy here. I have a global permission with mcmmo.*: false to remove all permissions and I then use other permissions to gradually activate specific things, such as skills.

Code:
        mining:
            permissions:
                mcmmo.skills.mining: true
                mcmmo.ability.mining: true
        repair:
            permissions:
                mcmmo.skills.repair: true
        woodcutting:
            permissions:
                mcmmo.skills.woodcutting: true
                mcmmo.ability.woodcutting: true
    I call the proper skill from the user list as groups making sure that the global permission that puts mcmmo.*: false is at the beginning of the file, called first and that the skills themselves are called afterwards. (so to overwrite the global, if it works this way) Strangely, mining works fine. Repair doesn't, woodcutting doesn't either. I tried to cycle all the skills and here are those that worked:
    mining
    archery
    excavation
    acrobatics
    axes

The rest did not. I am doing this to set a "profession" system in the game. Limit players to choose between 3-4 different skills max, thus people will have different professions and will boost in-game economy / add diversity between players.
    Any idea as to what the problem could be???
    Thanks in advance for the help!!

Edit: oh yes, forgot to add. I am running version 1.2.12 of mcmmo on bukkit 1.1-R4

7. Offline

nossr50

We've got some awesome upcoming changes for mcMMO.. I just rewrote Tree Feller to take down entire trees.

8. Offline

cammino1

Please rewrite the Shake ability from fishing cause you cant fish leather off cows... just a bucket with milk.

and maybe you can change woodcutting to have a chance to get apples from trees.

9. Offline

--GJ--

The leather thing was a bug - it'll be fixed in the next RB (and latest dev buils already)

10. Offline

mordenkaim

Is there anywhere to find documentation on adding custom block IDs to mcmmo skills? Such as adding copper/tin ore from industrialcraft so you gain mining experience from mining it? I've seen it accomplished on servers but I am having a hard time finding any docs on how to do it. Thanks!

11. Offline

nossr50

Modifying the mcMMO source code is one way to do it.

12. Offline

mordenkaim

Dang, I was hoping it would be as simple as adding the block IDs to the config files with an experience value next to it. Time to dig through the code... :eek:

13. Offline

nossr50

You'll be looking to change Mining.java in particular, just add in the custom ids to the appropriate methods.

14. Offline

mordenkaim

That should be easy enough. Thanks for the nudge in the right direction. I will look into it this evening.

15. Offline

Teraku

If I try to use /mcability, it says that I need permissions for it. Even though I have all permissions. I even explicitly tried adding the right permission, but it still did not work. First tested using bPermissions, and then PermissionsEX.

EDIT: So I read why it doesn't work. Why don't you support PEX anymore? You just dropped a fuckton of users thanks to this. Why just...drop it? If you're going to make a huge plugin like this, then don't restrict yourself to one plugin which not a lot of people use.

16. Offline

nossr50

mcMMO DOES SUPPORT PEX

THE REASON MCABILITY DOESN'T WORK IS DUE TO A BUG THAT IS ALREADY FIXED IN DEVELOPER VERSIONS (1.3.xx)

KTHX [sheep]

Link to developer versions

ACStache likes this.
  17. Offline

Teraku

Well, no one told me that...

But even if I use something which should be compatible, I can't use /mcability. Everything else works fine, even admin chat.

18. Offline

--GJ--

Teraku - See above post, then download a dev build if you really need /mcability before the next release comes out

19. Offline

illusive101

Sorry to ask, but anyone know about randomly users stats getting reset?

20. Offline

DekDaru

For some reason the mcmmo Super Breaker isn't working on my server even though the permissions are assigned to the group. They are able to ready their pick axe, but during that time they are unable to mine.

Is there a plugin interferring with it?
    Like No cheat?

21. Offline

Aaron_Merric

I know this is probably not an mcmmo problem but I just wanted you to know that virtual chest is conflicting with your plugin still. Okay loaded up the newest version of virtual chest to my server. Jumped in a party and bought a party chest with my buddy. We both can access the chest trade items etc. Works great. Leave the party and he can no longer access the chest even though he is still in the party. I cant access the chest but this is understandable. I rejoin the party and now I cant access the chest and he cant either. And the server throws this error.

Code:
    22:06:18 [SEVERE] Exception while reading plugins/mcMMO/mcmmo.users (Are you sur
    e you formatted it correctly?)
    java.io.FileNotFoundException: plugins\mcMMO\mcmmo.users (The system cannot find
    the file specified)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at java.io.FileReader.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at com.gmail.nossr50.mcMMO.getParties(mcMMO.java:221)
    at com.Balor.utils.threads.PartiesGarbageCollector.garbageCollectorAndSa
    ve(PartiesGarbageCollector.java:38)
    at com.Balor.utils.threads.PartiesGarbageCollector.run(PartiesGarbageCol
    lector.java:60)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftWorker.run(CraftWorker.java:34)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    >

22. Offline

nossr50

The changelog for the upcoming mcMMO update is getting massive.

1cec0ld likes this.
  23. Offline

ACStache

It's going to be awesome! I've been watching the commits on github ^_^
    Then again, it's always awesome :p

24. Offline

Rexel

yeh but is mysql better, and will it still loose everyones stats at some random point, that seems to be a recurring problem with mcmmo.

25. Offline

Jalix

The only records in the Excavation drop tables are the old ones (13 and cat). Any chances you could add the new ones in there?

26. Offline

--GJ--

Jalix - With the new build (1.3.00) you will be able to customize the excavation drop tables to contain whatever items you want.

27. i get following error when i start the server:
    Code:
    16:33:01 [SCHWERWIEGEND] Error occurred while enabling mcMMO v1.2.12-b155 (Is it up to date?): null
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at com.gmail.nossr50.mcMMO.registerCommands(mcMMO.java:318)
            at com.gmail.nossr50.mcMMO.onEnable(mcMMO.java:160)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:230)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:1057)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:380)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:199)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:182)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.t(MinecraftServer.java:357)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:344)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:175)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:408)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:465)
    Im running Craftbukkit v1.1-R4-b1938

Edit: it seems to work normal ingame

28. Offline

shanko

I get this same thing, but it only started happening after I removed Spout from my server

29. Offline

nossr50

The mcMMO dev team has been pretty hard at work on the latest update.
    Many long requested features are finally arriving, along with a plethora of other changes and tweaks.

I'm still thinking of what else we could squeeze in for release.

Inscrutable likes this.
  30. Offline

Yagman5000

Would be great if you could update this for R4, I'm getting spammed with errors in console for this.. had to temporarily remove the plugin. Plz update :) This is my fav <3

31. Offline

--GJ--

It's been updated for R4 for quite a while. What version of mcMMO are you running?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.