[RPG/MECH] mcMMO v1.2.07 - RPG Addiction Redefined! Multi-Lingual! [1337][1549]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by nossr50, Feb 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

nossr50

2. Offline

PsychoNecrosis

All well and good, apart from that the use of punching sheep is to generate wool.
    Unless you get your wool by endlessly hunting spiders for string.

Why would a sheep that is one colour suddenly drop wool with a different colour. And why would a sheep have lightstone in its wool? Is it a nether-going, Bear-Grylls type sheep?

This however, is a pretty neat idea, but I don't think it fits into the scope of mcMMO- that's the dev's choice to make though.

3. Offline

Radza

Hello, i lovely using this mod in my own server 77.241.194.107 but have 1 problem. My server based RPG playgame, and mmco plugin have huge role in skill tree, but only 1 problem: When you use super breaker (mining skill) you gane double xp, by mining obsidiand, then you need relog and coldowns starts again, so its simple way to raise lvl :/ , maybe are some ocnfig or fix, that stops taht? Thanks very much

4. Offline

Magesblood

I am gonna say this again cause I can no longer have swords or axes up until this is fixed.
    If a player logs out and logs back in he is invulnerable for 5-6 sec. During this time someone can power level axes and swords on the person. You can get 500 axes and 500 swords in no time doing this.

5. Offline

Toni

Just a question:

Is the bug where if you use the console command 'reload', the plugin will show errors and then disable itself, been fixed?

6. Offline

lipe123

Hey I just got the same error and I think this is what caused it for me.

In the essentials config.yml I set "prevent-block-on-rails: " to true and then those errors started to show up. I set it to false again and now the error is gone again.

7. Offline

TobbenTM

@lipe123
    I don't use essentials?

8. Offline

TehJammers

Check your plugins to see which one of them is doing the log-in invulnerability thing, and turn it off.

9. Offline

Magesblood

Tested CB 740 With only MCmmo on and group manager on. You can still exploit it. It is not a plugin issue sorry.

10. Offline

diegokilla

Got a new video up for all us novice admins :D

11. Offline

txtsd

lmfao funniest thing I've read all day!

12. Offline

LeetPowerCraft

I was wondering if someone could help as I seem to be having a slight problem. I'm currently testing out mcMMO on my local network before releasing it onto my public server, and have it set up to connect to my local MySQL database. Now everything connects fine and dandy, and I can even see the records within the database being generated. BUT, when playing in game mcMMO doesn't alert the player while honing various skills and typing /stats always shows all stats at 0 (even though they're updating fine in the database). The console doesn't spit out any errors or anything unusual as well, which even makes it more strange.

Current list of plugins:
    • CommandBook
    • iConomy
    • mcMMO
    • Permissions
    • WorldEdit
    And the config:
    Code:
    #==McMMO Configuration==
    #You can turn off excavation loot tables by turning the option to false
    #You can customize mcMMOs command names by modifying them here as well
    #This is an early version of the configuration file, eventually you'll be able to customize messages from mcMMO and XP gains
    #Tue May 10 02:54:36 EDT 2011
    treeFellerCooldown=240
    CobblestoneItemRepairName=Cobblestone
    gigaDrillBreakerCooldown=240
    canExcavateNetherrack=true
    WoodItemRepairName=Wood Planks
    excavationXpModifier=2
    woodcuttingXpModifier=2
    globalXpModifier=1
    /mcitem=mcitem
    archeryFireRateLimit=true
    herbalismXpModifier=2
    archeryXpModifier=2
    GoldItemRepairName=Gold Bars
    canExcavateCake=true
    MySQLuserName=root
    /mctop=mctop
    acrobaticsXpModifier=2
    canExcavateDiamond=true
    /mcc=mcc
    abilityDurabilityLoss=2
    canExcavateMusic=true
    /stats=stats
    gravelToClay=true
    superBreakerCooldown=240
    /ptp=ptp
    axesXpModifier=2
    skullSplitterCooldown=240
    CobblestoneRepairItemNumber=4
    canExcavateSulphur=true
    woodcuttingRequiresAxe=true
    repairXpModifier=2
    MySQLdbName=minecraft
    MySQLdbPass=
    GoldRepairItemNumber=266
    /mcability=mcability
    /mmoedit=mmoedit
    MySQLport=3306
    UseMySQL=true
    xpGainMultiplier=1
    canExcavateApples=true
    /addxp=addxp
    MySQLTablePrefix=mcmmo_
    /whois=whois
    pvpGivesXP=true
    DiamondRepairItemNumber=264
    IronRepairItemNumber=265
    /clearmyspawn=clearmyspawn
    canExcavateGlowstone=true
    greenTerraCooldown=240
    canExcavateEggs=true
    enableGreenThumbCobbleToMossy=true
    DiamondItemRepairName=Diamond Ore
    IronItemRepairName=Iron Bars
    /setmyspawn=setmyspawn
    repairDiamondLevel=50
    /mcgod=mcgod
    pvpXpRewardModifier=1
    canExcavateMushrooms=true
    tamingXpModifier=2
    anvilMessages=true
    /myspawn=myspawn
    /mcmmo=mcmmo
    /invite=invite
    pvp=true
    /accept=accept
    canExcavateSlowSand=true
    berserkCooldown=240
    miningXpModifier=2
    /party=party
    feathersConsumedByChimaeraWing=10
    MySQLServer=localhost
    WoodRepairItemNumber=5
    swordsXpModifier=2
    canExcavateBones=true
    unarmedXpModifier=2
    miningRequiresPickaxe=true
    serratedStrikeCooldown=240
    canExcavateCocoaBeans=true
    /mcrefresh=mcrefresh
    toolsLoseDurabilityFromAbilities=true

Would be great if anyone could help

13. Offline

Mochara

I was running MCMMO fine until recently but it now uses up so much memory on my server I simply have no choice but to disable and remove it. A shame, it's an excellent plugin and the community love it but either there's a leak somewhere or it's just become such a big plugin my server can't handle it.

14. Offline

ScottSpittle

This plugin using mysql casuing major chunk lag.. e.g when you destroy a block it lags before being able to pick up

15. Offline

Pandarr

I'm going to be creating a standalone tool to convert a mysql data dump back to the flatfile format until this gets resolved. I'll post it once I'm done.

Edit: Tool is done. Just gotta write up some documentation.

16. Offline

Chumber

Is the RAM usage lower without mysql?

17. Offline

Darcion

is it possible that 1 line in a newer config is missing or gone?

i regenerated a new file and saw 1 line is missing and found this one

mySpawnClearsInventory=false

was missing in the newer file.

should i replace it again?

18. Offline

Pandarr

How to convert your MySQL data back to a Flat File

This software is not supported by the developer of mcMMO. It is supported by me. Please don't send him PMs about it.

So it seems like there might be a memory leak with the current SQL implementation. So I wrote a little Java code to convert a mysql dump back to the flatfile format. I do not know if this will alleviate peoples memory issues but it will give you an opportunity to switch back if you like.

Commence Instructions:
    1. Shut down your server.
    2. In your mcmmo.properties file, change UseMySQL to false.
    3. Make note of your MySQLdbName and MySQLTablePrefix.
    4. Now for the hardest part... making a dump of the database.
      1. At the command line use
        Code:
        [mysql dir]/bin/mysqldump -u username -p password --databases [MySQLdbName] > mcmmo.sql
      2. It should give you a file similar to this.
      3. Make sure to replace [MySQLdbName] with the value from MySQLdbName and [mysql dir] with your actual mysql directory.
      4. For instance my command was
        Code:
        /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqldump -u root -p --databases mcmmo > mcmmo.sql

Okay now you have a dump of your database. Now to run the tool against the database dump!
    1. Download the tool. This is NOT a plugin for Bukkit or Minecraft or anything. If you put it in your plugins folder, it will destroy 10 acres of rain forest. Think of the animals. By the way the source code is here.
    2. Put the jar file (the one that is not a plugin) in a folder on your computer along with the mcmmo.sql file.
    3. At the command line, change to the folder that the jar file is in and type:
      Code:
      java -jar mcmmomysqlff.jar mcmmo.sql [MySQLTablePrefix]
      Replace [MySQLTablePrefix] with your actual table prefix. For instance,
      Code:
      java -jar mcmmomysqlff.jar mcmmo.sql mcmmo_
    4. If all goes well, you should have an mcmmo.users file created in the same folder as the jar and the sql dump. Put this file in your plugins/mcmmo folder, overwriting your old one. Make a backup of your old one if you desire.
    5. Start up your server. You did change UseMySQL to false right?
    Final notes

It should transfer everything except cooldown timers. So if your user just used super breaker, they can login and use super breaker again. No biggie in my opinion but if you care... see source code. :)

If you switch back to using MySQL in a later release, I would recommend dropping the relevant tables and then running /mmoupdate. If you run /mmoupdate without dropping the tables, it will add their new stats from mcmmo.users to the stats stored in the database.

It should work cross platform but I only tested it on Windows 7 64.

19. I have zero issues with this plugin, running MySQL.

I highly doubt any issue you have with this plugin, is a direct result of using MySQL. Unless perhaps your MySQL server is misconfigured, lacking resources, and so on.

20. Offline

Manji

hi nossr50,

can you please add a flag in the settings like "SleepingSetsMyspawn=false"?

regards
    .ji

21. Offline

BlackPandemic

The inventory clearing was removed and replaced with a 60 minute cooldown instead.

22. Offline

bluemilkman

So I have a question, and it might have been answered before, but I couldn't find it anywhere. Perhaps I'm misreading, but is there a way to give individual players access to different skills? Say I want player A to have Mining and Excavation, but player B to have Archery and Herbalism, is that possible?

23. Offline

Pandarr

I'm not fully convinced the plugin + MySQL is causing memory issues either. But I wanted to give people the opportunity to revert back so they could test it themselves.

You can assign permissions to individual users if you use Permissions.

24. Offline

BlackPandemic

Utilizing Permissions you can attribute things like mcmmo.skills.mining to individual people (or groups). There have been a few people here there set it up like Elves, Dwarves, etc and each group has skillsets. So it's definitely possible :)

25. Offline

Xuande08

26. Offline

Ranzear

The new repair system with alterable item requirements is nice.

But I feel like leather armor is left out. Can we get some 'Repair leather with leather (or whatever other item)' action in here?

While you're at it, could you please make Chain armor repairable and the item to repair it selectable. I've worked up some obtainment methods already.

27. Offline

IncendiaDrakon

I asked about leather armor a few pages back and got no reply. D: I wanted to know if he could implement leather repair and if hoes not repairing is a bug.

28. Offline

mogey

How do you change the motd?

29. Offline

Darcion

My server crashed and i saw in my log and found this

2011-05-11 17:15:56 [INFO] Read timed out
    2011-05-11 17:31:20 [SEVERE] Exception in thread "Thread-11"
    2011-05-11 17:32:26 [SEVERE] Exception in thread "TimerQueue"
    2011-05-11 17:33:36 [SEVERE] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
    2011-05-11 17:34:54 [SEVERE] Exception in thread "Connection #247 read thread"
    2011-05-11 17:36:09 [SEVERE] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
    2011-05-11 17:37:01 [SEVERE] Exception in thread "Connection #255 read thread"
    2011-05-11 17:37:49 [SEVERE] Exception in thread "Timer-0"
    2011-05-11 17:38:35 [SEVERE] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
    2011-05-11 17:39:37 [SEVERE] at java.util.HashMap.<init>(Unknown Source)
    2011-05-11 17:40:34 [SEVERE] at java.util.HashSet.<init>(Unknown Source)
    2011-05-11 17:41:33 [SEVERE] at com.nijiko.permissions.Control.permission(Control.java:276)
    2011-05-11 17:42:36 [SEVERE] at com.gmail.nossr50.mcPermissions.permission(mcPermissions.java:31)
    2011-05-11 17:44:03 [SEVERE] at com.gmail.nossr50.mcPermissions.regeneration(mcPermissions.java:119)
    2011-05-11 17:45:32 [SEVERE] at com.gmail.nossr50.mcTimer.run(mcTimer.java:47)
    2011-05-11 17:51:43 [SEVERE] Exception in thread "Connection #252
    2011-05-11 17:54:02 [SEVERE] read thread" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap spacejava.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
    2011-05-11 17:54:33 [SEVERE] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
    2011-05-11 17:55:05 [SEVERE] Exception in thread "Connection #236 read thread"

30. Offline

nossr50

Hmm, there really shouldn't be a memory leak in the MySQL implementation. I'll be going over my code for PlayerProfiles this week and doing some optimization and code cleanup. If anyone could confirm a memory leak I will go over my code with a fine toothed comb. If its only present in MySQL it shouldn't be too hard to find.

And for the record, since I lost internet I get about 5-10 PMs a day so I do read your messages, I just don't have the time to reply to all of them. The computer I'm using to post right now is my younger brothers and he only lets me on for a limited amount of time when I come over.

I'll be working on the next update for mcMMO soon.

31. Offline

GROMkill

I don't remember if it ever got fixed or whatnot, but I have the glitch on my server where punching people or attacking them with swords in a PvP-off zone with ProtectedStones will not hurt them, but it will give exp and do bleed damage, etc.

Is there a fix to this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.