[RPG/MECH] mcMMO v1.2.07 - RPG Addiction Redefined! Multi-Lingual! [1337][1549]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by nossr50, Feb 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

nossr50

2. Offline

Pomme72

3. Offline

overlordror

First of all, just wanted to say thanks for all the work you've put into making this plugin, as it gives more depth to Minecraft beyond just your standard sandbox affair. The skills you have set up work very nicely, but I do have a suggestion.

Fishing

Every time you catch a fish, you gain XP related to your Fishing skill. The higher your fishing skill, the better chance you have to catch additional fish per cast, or other valuable items such as leather armor, iron armor, etc.

Master Angler - Right Click Skill

Upon right click, the Master Angler skill is activated and the next cast is guaranteed to be a two fish catch, with number increasing according to the player's skill in Fishing.

I would love to see something like this implemented, as right now it feels like this is the only skill missing from the plugin.

4. Offline

diegokilla

I see your class groups inherit "globalsettings" I've never seen that before, maybe try having them inherit "Default" instead?

I have seen a seperate plugin, that has nothing to do with mcmmo that achieves something similar to this... i think it was called "Big Catch"? or something along those lines anyways

many of them can be turned off by not giving the associated permission node, or toggling them off in the config file

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2016
  5. Offline

rApp

Dont know if this is a known bug but at random ocations a random number of players will have a "frozen cooldown" at a random skill. When this is triggered all other players will have no cooldowns on their skills, they will just trigger it and it will keep on going forever..

I dont know the reason or how this is caused, but if more people have been having these problems maybe they have a better explation for its cause..

6. Offline

nossr50

@rApp this will be fixed in 0.9.18

@Incendia yes, will be fixed in 0.9.18

7. Offline

killerbeez

The no cooldown bug has been around for a good while in several versions.

8. Offline

Garnith

Seconding this issue. Its the only thing left before our updated server is back up and running. Anyone got a fix? Is it an issue with another plugin, possibly? Help would be much appreciated.

9. Offline

Kahl

Would fishing be a possible skill that has benefits sortof like BigCatch plugin?

Also, I am trying to change /stats to /skills but am unsure what to change.

In the line /stats=stats should I make it /stats=skills or /skills=stats?

Thanks!

10. Offline

nossr50

@Garnith You need an updated CB

@Kahl Fishing is definitely a possible skill, change it to "/stats=skills"

11. Offline

Noctis Akatsuki

13:05:44 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_INTERACT to mcMMO
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.gmail.nossr50.mcRepair.hasIron(mcRepair.java:224)
    at com.gmail.nossr50.mcRepair.repairCheck(mcRepair.java:59)
    at com.gmail.nossr50.mcPlayerListener.onPlayerInteract(mcPlayerListener.
    java:81)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$9.execute(JavaPluginLoader.ja
    va:252)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.jav
    a:59)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.j
    ava:255)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEven
    t(CraftEventFactory.java:162)
    at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.a(ItemInWorldManager.java:208
    )
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:447)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet15Place.a(SourceFile:57)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:198)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:72)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:368)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:283)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:375)

------------------------------------------------------

Keep getting this error when people try to repair anything(yes they got the ironbars in the inventory). And wierd thing is.

When I have my ironbars in my top rightcorner in inventory, it works as supposed. But when I put them anywhere else, nothing happens. And this logg shows up everytime I try to repair anything.

12. Offline

Incendia

When is that scheduled for release?

13. Offline

nossr50

@Incendia Today at the earliest, tomorrow is more likely however

14. Offline

kleril

This mod, looks awesome! I'm putting this on my server right away!

Unfortunately, I do have an issue with this mod. Couldn't you exploit the double item drop to amass an infinite amount of gold by breaking and then replacing the blocks?

15. Offline

Bashur

Could you please reply to my post? I've had to put off the launch of my server for several days trying to figure out this problem.

GlabalSettings is just a group I created for general commands, that way I don't have to add permissions to every single class to do everything, and the default users without a class don't have any of those permissions.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2016
  16. Offline

Waffletastic

I found out it's due to us not updating to Cb built 670

17. Offline

Kahl

Thanks! And yeah I would love to see some fishing bonuses gained from fishing skill levels :)

I'll try and come up with some other possibilities for you also!

Possibility: Masonry, from making bricks from clay - possible bonuses extra brick?

18. Offline

Czarnuch

I Have A HUDGE problem :(
    Your plugin is awersome, but ... but it's in english . I go to the source code, and change the text like "Mining Skill" to "Zdolność Kopania" but i dont know what to do now ? i try to recompilate it, but it wasnt in binary. :(
    Plz help me (and sory for a bugs, or errors :p im from Poland and just learnig)

19. Offline

skillinazn

@nossr50 I guess npcx's new update might have caused the error. The plugin dev. doesn't know how to fix it, so I'm not sure if you're able to fix it now or not.

20. Offline

woodzy

hay plugin maker i have an idea for a NEW skill!! haveing the ablity to reclaim the stuff needed bases on what the ites was crafted with so iron pick would giv eu iron back based on the tools damage so 50% damage would be like 2 ingots and the same for gold apples (admin on/off)

21. Offline

Deiza

/mmoedit not working :(

22. Offline

Chekkaa

I just noticed that if PvP is disabled in a certain region (I use Residence for that), you still get XP when you attack them in that region. Can you fix this?

Also, people gain experience from attempting to break mushrooms and flowers in a protected area. The flowers/mushrooms break for a second and then reappear, and the person just has to stand there and punch and they level up their herbalism like crazy. I imagine the fix for this will be similar to the fix you made for the abilities bypassing protection (which I and my users are quite thankful for).

23. Offline

Moochie

Is there a way to change the % that is repaired per iron ignot, cause the current % setting doesn't make it work increasing your repair skill if it is equal to making a new one.

24. Offline

Chekkaa

I'm on 0.9.15 and Bukkit 617, and admin chat is having problems. I gave mcmmo.chat.adminchat to my mods, and they can use /a and chat with it, but they can't see the admin chat messages, not even their own. I don't know if this is fixed in later versions, but here's a heads up in case it isn't.

25. Offline

greed

this is a dumb question and it no doubt it has been asked before, but i must have missed i,t what is cb 670? i really want his mod but i have no idea what that thing is or how to get it.....sorry for intruding and thank you for your time:)

26. Offline

TehJammers

CB refers to craftbukkit, the server mod which enables all of the many wonderful plugins you see before you!

670 is the build number, and you can find them all here. http://ci.bukkit.org/job/dev-CraftBukkit/
    cb 670 refers to the latest recommended bukkit build, which is what the majority of people run their servers and plugins off.

27. Offline

I3aneFuL

hi guys,

I hope s.b. can help me!
    I have installed the actuall mcMMO plugin together with (Lockette, Assignpermissions and Permissions).
    Now I have the problem, that there is no monster, pet what ever spawning...

Have s.b. an idea???
    Or is it because i have activated pvp???

Thanks for all Informations ;)

28. Offline

SeeD419

Nice update! Glad to see you're working out the kinks. Do dog interactions still trigger the abilities as well? I have yet to check.

29. Offline

BioRage

Any updates on the axe problem?

*Splash damage, affects user in non-pvp zones/godmode*
    *Axe Ability being given even without permissions set*

30. Offline

nossr50

This version has many fixes, including a failsafe that will prevent abilities from going on forever even if the Timer fails.

These updates all came out today so I grouped them for the INFO link! Please take some time to read the changes!

Because of the new ability monitoring system if you were to use an ability and log out and then log back in 5 minutes later it would then inform you that your abilities are refreshed since they are monitored by timestamps now you don't need to be online for them to refresh.
    Version 0.9.23

• Chimaera Wing now takes the world into account
    • Abilities now make announcements within a short distance to nearby players
    • Acrobatics won't give XP on death, and will fail if you would've died after the damage reduction
    • Added yet another check to see if a Player is not in the Users system for NPC mod compatibility
    Version 0.9.22
    • Fixed bug where Chimaera Wing was unusable after being hurt for eternity
    Version 0.9.21
    • /mcrefresh fixed to work properly with the new ability monitoring system
    • Ability lengths are now based on your skill level directly rather than a tiered system
    • Chimaera Wings won't trigger on things they shouldn't (Doors, Chests, ETC)
    • Chimaera Wings will properly tell you how long you have to wait to use it if you've been recently hurt
    Another hotfix [cake]

Abilities start with 2 second minimum duration and go up for every 50 skill you have in their respective skills.

Version 0.9.20
    • Fixed Tree Feller not checking if its cooldown was refreshed and always activating
    • /stats and /whois will now show the powerlevel based on permissions
    • Shovels will no longer say you've lowered your axe
    • /myspawn will no longer say your inventory has been cleared if the server settings disable this feature
    Version 0.9.19
    • Fixed Anti-Exploit XP stuff not working
    Version 0.9.18 "This patch is now Diamonds[diamond]"
    • Added failsafe to prevent abilities from going on forever, abilities will check if they should've expired when being used in case the Timer fails
    • Archery Spam has been nerf'd, you can only fire once per second now (Toggle-able in config file)
    • Fixed bug when just having the Admin Chat permission wouldn't allow you to see Admin Chat
    • Fixed bug where Axes ability could be used without permission
    • Abilities are monitored with Timestamps rather than a Timer monitored tick rate
    • When players were last hurt is now monitored with Timestamps rather than a Timer monitored tick rate
    • Made Anti XP-Exploits more Robust
    • Repair XP is now based on durability restored
    • Acrobatics rolling will now reduce damage if you go over the damage threshold
    • Acrobatics rolling damage threshold lowered to 10 from 20
    • Added Graceful Roll to Acrobatics, hit Sneak when falling to do a Graceful Roll
    • mcMMO now checks for the blockBreak and EntityDamage events being canceled before proceeding
    • Dodge notification shortened
    • Dodge won't negate damage completely anymore
    • Added 3 more functions for plugin authors to call, getPartyName(Player player), inParty(Player player), and getParties()
    Change "archeryFireRateLimit" to false in the configuration file to disable the nerf on how many arrows can be shot per second.

I completely reworked how the abilities are monitored and handled, it is impossible for them to go on forever now.

Repair XP is now easier to gain, rather than being a static XP rate no matter how much you repaired its based directly on your the durability you restored, and as such diamond repairs are worth the most XP. I boosted Gold Repair XP to be around what Iron is since Gold has such low durability.

Acrobatics now has a "Graceful Roll", hit shift (Your Sneak Key) when falling to perform this roll. Its twice as likely and has twice the damage threshold as regular rolls. Now when a roll procs but you go over the damage threshold you will take damage rather than instant death.

Dodge will no longer make you invincible to weak attacks, dodge was never meant to completely negate damage.

Blocks placed by players are now no longer forgotten by the server between instances, making an XP exploit that previously existed now impossible.

And thats about everything, phew!

31. Offline

Arjan

Dangit the plugin isn't updated yet! it says (Is it up to date?) -.- this would have been my favourite plugin I searched for this so long! plz update it!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.