[RPG/MECH] mcMMO v1.2.07 - RPG Addiction Redefined! Multi-Lingual! [1337][1549]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by nossr50, Feb 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

nossr50

2. Offline

diegokilla

to my knowledge yes, there are some possible exploits with WG but i believe nossr has fixed/is fixing them :)
    --- merged: Feb 22, 2011 8:29 PM ---
    edit:not sure about towny tho, sry

3. Offline

andret

This happens to whenever my server (with essentials) are reloading the plugins, with /reload or /reload all or /reload mcmmo

4. Offline

Daveyo

since noone else seems interested in the idea. Id like to suggest the idea of mana. It would be quite simple and add a huge element to the program. simple config to add itemx = managainx. commandx = somanymana.

would make this addon much more effective, and also usable for any scenario. The mana would tie it into iconomy easily by using unatainable items for mana, because you could buy them through the shops

5. Offline

Citrus Squid

I am confused at how I actually download this, with all the permissions to let me actually run the skills. Me and my friend have been at this for about 2 hours now, tried to follow everything you told us to install the permissions, like going to the thread you linked for the permissions thread, and still nothing. We are both new to server plugins, and I just don't think we are doing it right at all. Would you PLEASE be able to help us out here? Also, may a suggest a step-by-step video tutorial on installing it. That would make it much easier on noobs like us. :D

6. Offline

fffizzz

im sure its due to the latest release to support 1.3, but..
    Code:
    2011-02-22 22:18:42 [SEVERE] Could not pass event ENTITY_DAMAGED to mcMMO
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.bukkit.World.dropItemNaturally(Lorg/bukkit/Location;Lorg/bukkit/inventory/ItemStack;)Lorg/bukkit/entity/ItemDrop;
            at com.gmail.nossr50.mcm.mcDropItem(mcm.java:397)
            at com.gmail.nossr50.mcm.simulateNaturalDrops(mcm.java:362)
            at com.gmail.nossr50.mcm.playerVersusMonsterChecks(mcm.java:1017)
            at com.gmail.nossr50.mcEntityListener.onEntityDamage(mcEntityListener.java:98)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$39.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:329)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:59)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:225)
            at net.minecraft.server.EntityHuman.d(EntityHuman.java:422)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:733)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet7UseEntity.a(SourceFile:33)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(SourceFile:230)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:70)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:338)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:252)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)

7. Offline

SliverTexas

Hi !

Thanks for this good plug, but there's a bug with the new version of minecraft (1.3). I applied bukkit #419 (the only built working with Minecraft 1.3) and it works perfectly, there're some errors in my window's server.

So try your plug with bukkit #419 and update it ! If you want I've a list of plugins which are working perfectly :

Cleaner : OK
    iConomy : OK
    MCmmo : OK : FAILS CLIENT
    AlphaChest : OK
    BorderGuard : OK : PROOF ?
    DynMap : OK
    iChat : OK : RELOAD FAIL
    KiwiAdmin : OK
    Permissions : OK
    Petition : FAIL
    Warp : FAIL
    SimpleHome : FAIL
    Whitelist : USELESS
    WolrdEdit : FAIL
    WorldGuard : FAIL

bSwarm : OK
    Disarm : FAIL
    General : OK : PROOF ?
    WoolColor : FAIL

8. Offline

nossr50

Version 0.7.3
    • Now compatible with 424 of CB
    • Lowered gold XP

9. Offline

Harrowed

Love the plugin, it provides features in a way I've been waiting on for a long time.
    However with Craftbukkit build #424, and the 0.7.3 you just released,
    Everythign loads fine and the commands work right off the bat, however
    the skills do no raise when doing the required task.

10. Offline

bibiffx

dont work for me no xp gained and no double drop
    (sorry for the error im french n-n )

11. Offline

nossr50

Looks like onBlockDamage event is broken, so skills related to breaking blocks don't increase. Its probably a bukkit bug. I'll see if its anything I'm doing though.

EDIT: Nope, looks like a bukkit bug for sure. I reported it, we'll have to wait for a newer CB build to fix this.

12. Offline

bibiffx

oki thanks for your rapidity ^^

13. Offline

ddoolin

Thanks for the quick update.

14. Offline

nossr50

Version 0.7.4
    • Added temporary workaround for onBlockDamage bug (You will gain XP again)
    • Adjusted Excavation skill curve
    • Added new /clearmyspawn command
    clearmyspawn uses the same permissions nodes as myspawn does

I suggest everyone grab CB build 432 for this version, do not upgrade to a newer version of CB or you may just break mcMMO.

Notice: Sheesh, I must've been tired yesterday. The XP modifier works a little differently than I described. If you change it to 1, you will be setting it for double xp rates, raising it higher sets it to require even more xp to skill up.

15. Offline

enchanter100

432 and 0.7.4 and I still have no drops/exp gains.

16. Offline

nossr50

@enchanter100 Its working fine for me with 432, are you sure you are running 432?

17. Offline

TehJammers

Works fine for me :D

Are you sure you've set permissions correctly, enchanter?

Also, I'm a little confused as to what the exp modifier option does :p
    The default appears to be 2, so I assume that means everybody gets 2 exp for every action (levelling up excavation is waaay easy). Will changing xpmodifier to 1 mean that they get 1 exp from every action, halving the current rate of exp gain?

18. Offline

nossr50

@TehJammers The XP modifier effects the XP Curve. Set it to 1 to require half the XP, set it to 4 to require double. Thats pretty much what it does.

The formula for XP is currently
    XP Needed To Level = (Current Skill Level + 5) * XP Modifier
    I'm thinking of tweaking it though since when you get around 500 skill points it starts getting pretty hard to advance it. So this will probably be tweaked in another update.

19. Offline

TehJammers

Ahhh, I see. So it's a multiplyer.

So if the required xp to level was, say, 5, setting it to 1 would mean you need 5 exp to level up, 2 would mean 10 xp, 3 would be 15 xp, etc.
    Cool :D

Oh, can I also congratulate you on this excellent plugin! My server at the moment has a builder class and a survivalist class. Before, builders were basically survivalists with kits. Now that I've made skills survivalist only, there's an actual trade off!

Plus the game was feeling a little stale, and now suddenly even falling off a cliff has a benefit. It's definitely revitalised the game. Also suddenly everybody runs around with their axe out at night, it goes well with HeroicDeath :p

20. Offline

nossr50

@TehJammers Thats good to hear that you are enjoying it so much. I aim to please.

21. Offline

Citrus Squid

Thank you for putting a new version up so quickly! Works fine now, but there is one problem. It seems that with the 'mcmmo.skills.*' permission does not allow Herbalism. Actually, Herbalism doesn't seem to work at all. Nonetheless, EXTREMELY awesome mod, me and my friends are having a great time with it as I type!

22. Offline

TehJammers

Oh one last thing, in the config file I assume that all of the items listed here are available by excavation?

23. Offline

nossr50

24. Offline

Citrus Squid

Thank you! My friend was really looking forward to it, so I was just wondering. ^^' Also, may I ask what other skills you have played to put in..?

25. Offline

TehJammers

after levelling a few times, this xp gain is actually balanced as it is.

nice.

26. Offline

nossr50

I've got an idea for another skill but its a secret :)

27. Offline

Merrell

This plugin actually slows down your mining speed, it doesn't reset the cooldown when you mine with the pickaxe and it doesn't allow you to use the faster click-mining method. Anyway you could fix this?

28. Offline

nossr50

@Merrell I'm sorry but this plugin does not interact with mining speed at all. I don't know why you think it does.

29. Offline

Merrell

Nevermind, it was a "bugfix" with the new patch. Click mining no longer exists on SMP, period. I assumed one of the skills increased mining speed, it was a bad assumption, sorry.

30. Offline

Myrrdin

I am currently using CB 432 and the latest version of mcMMO (7.4) and the problem I am having is that I can't repair items. The anvil no longer works!
    I get no error messages, so I'm not sure what the problem is. I'll do some testing (aka remove other plugins to see if there is a conflict) and report back once I have more info. But I just thought I should put this possible bug out there.

31. Offline

gilliganxl

forsome reason, i cant get anything to work of this, the commands, the gaining of exp anything, and im getting NO errors in console when i try em.

CB 432

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.