[RPG/MECH] mcMMO v1.2.07 - RPG Addiction Redefined! Multi-Lingual! [1337][1549]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by nossr50, Feb 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

nossr50

2. Offline

RG_PankO

@nossr50 hi there!
    I am a huge fan of oyur plugin mcmmo,good job there!

I am wandering - am I the only one that gets biiiiig lag on his server when he uses this plugin?
    I set it up using mysql connection to external server - my site's database, but the server really gets laggy :/
    From the begining - after a restart it doesn't but after a while it starts lagging :/
    Is the problem in me or am I missing something?

3. Offline

Rytharr

Having mysql on another server is what caused me lots of lag with mcmmo and a couple other plugins.

4. Offline

mooman219

Updated version of my partial match version of McMMO. I attached the file below. I fixed all the bug with it, increased the speed of it by 29%, reduced its memory usage, and made it more accurate.

any command that uses a playername in mcMMO, can now be partially matched.

so pretend i am online with a friend names fin_kim, i can type "/invite f" to invite fin_kim, or "/invite fin" or even "/invite fun". My class file will see the "f" and the "n" in spots 1 and 3 and match it to fin_kim. if there are players with a similar name online like fin_kim and fire_killer, you can still use "/invite fi" or something like that, it will just match it up as closely as possible and will return fin_kim because it is a 27% match while fire_killer is like 22ish % as the person you are looking for.

Attached Files:

5. Offline

nossr50

Try using this WIP and report back

6. Offline

james.bowley

can i please-please-please post a humble request for mysql.socket support? i couldnt find if this functionality is enabled now or not, if it is, please direct me to the proper site for the config info :)

7. Offline

smartalien99

So, some people on our server (greysoul.us) are of the opinion that woodcutting is pretty much useless. Level up wood cutting by cutting wood to gather wood faster...obtaining more wood. Some suggestions been floating around that maybe giving woodcutting the ability to drop apples and golden apples randomly instead of double drops would be nice. Maybe something to consider to make woodcutting more viable to the combat proffesions like acrobatics has dodge, herbalism has extra healing, excavation has gunpowder and diamonds, and mining has extra diamonds/iron drops. Also maybe wood cutters can make leaves drop from the tree to use for design.

Also another fabulous addition would be giving leather armor bonuses to archers and restricting nonswords from using something higher than an iron sword. Maybe leather armor could give a walking speed bonus to people so they can keep their distance better, making them have the choice between agility and more extended damage absorption. Weapon restrictions would be nice to make archers more disadvantaged at close combat to swords (instead of doing the same damage, minus defensive abilities the swords gain)

Another could be add an arrow and weapon limiter that restricts classes from spamming attacks, drawing out pvp combat and making a little more talent friendly. Arrows at 1 second, axes at 1 second, swords at 0.75 seconds, etc. (or how you see fit). The arrow limiter bukkit mod has a nice feature that makes you have to click after 1 second or else the timer resets, so to get optimal attacks, you have to click exactly at one second instead of spam clicking. Maybe you could add this to all the weapons to make them more skillful to use. (team up with "arrow limiter" guy?) I believe he is looking into adding weapon restrictions, but I think the option in mcmmo would be a great addition to the mod.

Also a bug that I've found is that after the server has been on long time, the timers for abilities gets longer i.e. regeneration takes minutes per half-heart instead of 20 seconds. Bleed will also be dragged out, causing ticks many seconds apart instead of the short time they're supposed to be. Ignition time from arrows doesn't seem to be affected by this however, and stays constant to whatever level the archer is.

Thanks for the great mod senior. Makes combat much more interesting and dynamic in pvp servers.

8. Offline

Arrisar

Submitting a formal request for the Gravel to Clay as a seperate mod and/or just the source need so I can incorperate it purely into my servers local plugin for all the bits and pieces we like :)

9. Offline

nossr50

Version 1.0.17 Config file overhaul![creeper]
    • Brand new YAML Configuration file
    • Ability to configure XP for all gathering skills in config file
    • German Language added to mcMMO
    • French Language added to mcMMO
    • MySpawn will no longer heal players
    • /<skillname> commands now also check for their localized names for displaying help
    • Added many more Strings to localization files
    • Added more safeguards to MySpawn for NPE
    • Fixed bug where Tree Feller Radius depended on WoodCutting XP rather than Skill Level
    • Fixed bug where Readying a Hoe returned a missing localization string
    • Added some safeguards into Bleed Simulation to prevent possible memory leaks
    • Performance improvements to storing/calling Skill/XP Values
    • Plugged a potential memory leak with PlayerProfiles not being removed correctly
    • Disabled the mob spawner camping anti-exploit in favor of performance

[​IMG]

A few important things come with this update.

New Configuration File
    There's a new configuration file generated when you run mcMMO called "config.yml". It can be found in plugins/mcMMO/. It has all the old settings from previous files, yet its done in YAML for readability and ease of use.

No longer will you need to rely on the search feature of your text editor. I don't recommend editing it with notepad however, as it looks quite strange. I recommend viewing the file with a text editor like Notepad++ if you are on windows.

Remember not to delete any indentations, and always use spaces never tabs. YAML is ultra picky about these things, and always have a space after the colons.

For example, if you changed Taming in formula/multiplier from 2 to 3.

It would look like
    Taming: 3
    This is the correct way to do it.

German/French Localizations
    Change locale to de or fr to use German or French localizations, thanks for translating my mod :).

This version of mcMMO has had many changes, so I'll be watching this thread closely for bug reports over the next 48 hours. It should run fine, from what my limited testing has shown.

10. Awesome update, much needed!

Two things for now:

===
    Herbalism:
    Sugar_Cane: 3
    Cactus: 3
    Pumpkin: 55
    Flowers: 10
    Mushrooms: 15
    ===

Where is the wheat?

Secondly, tableprefix "_mcmmo", shouldn't that be "mcmmo_" ?

===

Also, I did not see it noted, did you fix the Shrooms farming exploit? You can farm a Shroom, plant it, farm it, plant it, duping XP that way :(

===

And 4th, I hope you are planning to add configurable Excavation droprate, thought it was in this update, but that is XP hehe. Would love that, the distribution of Excav drops is very out of line for rarities on our server, especially Glowstone :p

11. Offline

Darcion

oh damn it thanks for the inf about the prefix

12. Offline

nossr50

Thanks for pointing that out

Version 1.0.18
    • Fixed MySQL default TablePrefix
    • Fixed Wheat not being configurable
    Those with version 1.0.17 will need to destroy the settings file if they want the new node added automatically.

Here's some instructions you only need to follow if you don't want to delete your old config.yml file to generate a new one.

Go to XP/Herbalism in the config.yml file. Add a new line indented with 4 spaces (no tabs). Write
    Wheat: 5
    Now you can adjust your wheat XP.

You may also want to change MySQL/Database/TablePrefix: to mcmmo_ instead of _mcmmo, as to be compatible with how the old settings file had it.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2016
  13. Offline

Jalix

Excellent. Been looking forward to this patch. Thanks for keeping up the work. =)

14. Offline

Darcion

@nossr50

i will report if our memory issue is gone

15. Offline

Hagon94

This has some very nice features, but so does Levelcraft?
    Which one do i taaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-

16. Offline

Mircast

Restrictions is a terrible idea, it's the reason I stray away from the other RPG/MMO plugins. Nossr, don't implement it.

17. We have had several restarts this morning, trying to find the cause of a major performance issue.

After disabling recently updated plugins 1 by 1, I have to conclude mcMMO is the cause. This is NEW bug, as I have been running mcMMO for weeks with no issue.

This is something new, it is clearly visible in the process list, what happens is that one/the mcMMO thread goes on tilt. Normal MC behaviour shows 1 java thread with 99% load, and the rest with small loads, since .17 or .18, there is now a 2nd thread with massive load.

This happened for us after about 5mins uptime, with 50 or so people.

Now mcMMO is disabled, and the issue is gone...

Hope this helps!

18. Offline

Darcion

at this moment our server runs better then before, no more warnings in our log.

19. Offline

wassilij

My server crashes sometimes .. and sometimes all Stats are deleted :(

20. To reinforce my findings. Just rolled back to mcMMO 1.0.16, the issue is now GONE. Something in 1.0.17 or 1.0.18 is quite broken.

21. Offline

Darcion

dunno where this come from:

Code:
    2011-06-16 14:50:54 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_INTERACT to mcMMO
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.gmail.nossr50.skills.Skills.abilityActivationCheck(Skills.java:221)
        at com.gmail.nossr50.mcPlayerListener.onPlayerInteract(mcPlayerListener.java:154)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$10.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:306)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:310)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:166)
        at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.interact(ItemInWorldManager.java:212)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:550)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet15Place.a(SourceFile:57)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:399)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:309)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    2011-06-16 14:50:55 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_INTERACT to mcMMO
        at com.gmail.nossr50.mcPlayerListener.onPlayerInteract(mcPlayerListener.java:154)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$10.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:306)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:310)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:166)
        at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.interact(ItemInWorldManager.java:212)
    2011-06-16 14:50:56 [INFO] ยง9[PLAYER_COMMAND] HakanGDZ: /home
    2011-06-16 14:50:56 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_INTERACT to mcMMO
    2011-06-16 14:50:57 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_INTERACT to mcMMO
    2011-06-16 14:50:58 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_INTERACT to mcMMO
    2011-06-16 14:51:00 [SEVERE] Could not pass event BLOCK_DAMAGE to mcMMO
        at com.gmail.nossr50.skills.Skills.monitorSkills(Skills.java:124)
        at com.gmail.nossr50.mcBlockListener.onBlockDamage(mcBlockListener.java:191)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$28.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:433)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callBlockDamageEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:184)
        at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.dig(ItemInWorldManager.java:90)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:453)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet14BlockDig.a(SourceFile:42)

22. Offline

wassilij

I get no Mining experience, but i have the standart config file oO

mcMMO ....18

23. Offline

Avous

this one... Levelcraft in my Honest Unbiased experience is rubbish. its like disabling aspects of the game unless people dedicate large chunks of time to it. theres a difference between adding to a games experience and wasting your time.

24. Offline

hnrch02

I can't put a mysql name like xyz_db_1 in the config... please fix that

25. Offline

Darcion

ok now it crashed, with lots of playern is our server unstable.

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

is one of the messages

26. Offline

Zalastri

That means you need more memory allocated to minecraft.

27. Offline

Darcion

oh nooo you kidding me...

i know that but 16gb arent enought on my server? its a root server with vservers, no local machine on my pc.

i think its not the problem that i share this 16gb with other vserver but it have to be enought.

my problem still exits that the server crashed only trough mcmmo

there are current 20+ players online

28. Offline

Sunneh

Do a /Memory, and make sure you actually allocated the memory to Bukkit with your go.bat.

29. Offline

Darcion

i have no batch file its all in the hand of the serverprovider and i say it again its the plugin and not my memory

30. Offline

morizuki

can anyone teach me let say, a user want to choose ONLY 1 skills.. like a Job in ragnarok or something like that.. I can't seem to figure out.. :D

31. Offline

jmg27

is this working for CB 860? i don't want to download it yet until I am sure it does.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.