Inactive [RPG] AncientRPG - Create your own RPG v0.95[1.3.2]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Pylamo, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Offline

Pylamo

phantom656:
    Just create folders with the name hunter rouge and warrior in your classes folder, then fill the newly created folders with your spells, class configs are in the class folders(f.e. warrior folder), spell configs are created when you first load the spell(by loading the plugin) or you can create them with the spellmaker, for further information visit:
    http://pylamo.de/mediawiki/index.php/Classes

Everyone:
    Sorry, don't expect the next release before the weekend, diablo 3 :>

2. Offline

phantom656

I just want to ask,where is the class folder because i see like 20 folders in the com section?Like it might not be in that section,but where is it?

3. Offline

Pylamo

yourserverfolder/plugins/ancientrpg/classes

4. Offline

phantom656

Im in the classes thingy and all it says is classhelp.txt so do i make a folder for the class i want or go into the config file to do it?

and be back later.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  5. Offline

Pylamo

please check the wiki, all of your questions are answered there.

6. Offline

Depod2

Seems legit and a good plugin, I'm thinking of using it in my server. I give you 5 diamonds.[diamond][diamond][diamond][diamond][diamond]

7. Offline

Rixinson

Hi, I think this is the most user-friendly RPG-like plugin I've seen so far, great job! And I hope it will become even better, once you've completed Diablo 3 :p

I have a small suggestion: I think the potions effects strength, slow, and poison should be added as commands (this might have been asked before, if so, I'm sorry)

Is there a way to make AOE spells?

Also, I'm a little bit confused about the way the spellmaker works, I watched the tutorial video, which is great, but it only shows how to create one kind of spell (the nuke kind). I might seem selfish asking that, but I would love to see more tutorial videos explaining the spellmaker's mechanics.

Last but not least, I didn't have the occasion to test it out, so does anyone know if AncientRPG is compatible with DugeonBuilder ? (It would be so great!)

8. Offline

Pylamo

Rixinson:
    Slow and potion effects are already implemented (you have to poison the enemy with a script), AOE Spells are possibe with the AOE parameters(nearestplayers etc)and yeah, I'll try to make new tutorial ivds.

It should be compatible with dungeonBuilder, only problem is the hp system but you can disabel the HP system of my plugin and use the minecraft hpsystem

Pylamo

9. Offline

Rixinson

So I guess you won't add an easier way to get the poison effect? (The thing I like about the vanilla potions effects is that, as you surely know, the player affected by any kind of buff will have a particle effect around him) But that's personal, I'll deal without it.

About the AOE, I'm aware of those parameters, but I meant to talk about a spell that would deal AOE damage, or apply a buff or debuff in the zone around the block in sight. The parameters would be like "zoneinsight, <radius>, <range>"

10. Offline

Pylamo

Rixinson
    I can implement the poison command and the zoneinsight parameter with the next update.

11. Offline

Rixinson

Pylamo
    :D Thanks a lot for your attention.

And by the way, I tested the plugin with a friend today, and I must say, you did a pretty amazing job. With the zoneinsight parameter added, the possibilities are going te be endless.

12. Offline

Rixinson

So, I made some more tests with a friend, and I have a bunch of questions and suggestions:

1) I saw you talked a lot about adding Spout support, will this be a dependancy, or just an option?

2) I reproduced your bloodlust buff (Source), and something weird happen: hitting my friend while I had the buff activated did not cause any damage animation (player flashing red and jumping back) and my friend died about ten seconds later. We tried to change the number in the line "damage, Attackedentity, 1", but we still had the same issue. The sound when my friend died was like he was getting hit a lot of times very fast. When hitting mobs, we had none of these issues. Has it something to do with the the fact that the HP system was enabled?

3) Does the damage reduction of armors apply to the damages caused by spells? Is there a way to toggle that on/off?

4) Since we can customize damage of the mobs, will we be able to configure their HP too?

5) I couldn't find a way to add a minimum level to a spell, how exactly does this parameter work? (I know about the Minlevel option in the Spellmaker, but I guess I forgot to do something, because I could use the spell at level 1 even though I set the Minlevel to 10)

6) I couldn't find a way to make a slowing spell, can you help me?

7) It would be cool to add a color option to the smoke command. It would add a lot of different visual effects with only one parameter.

8) When using the Weaken, Jumphigher or Blind command, how does the amplifier argument work?

13. Offline

Pylamo

1) I will probably write an addon for my plugin with spout support so it will be completely optional.
    2) I will test it tomorrow
    3) no but you could avoid it with if Statements
    4) you can change the damage dealt to Mobs with if Statements
    5) also tomorrow
    6) use the slow command
    7) cant add colors, bukkit limitations
    8) these are minecraft /bukkit values to define how strong the effect is

14. Offline

Rixinson

Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems to me that there is no slow command in the Spellmaker. Do I need to type the command manually?

15. Offline

Pylamo

Rixinson:
    Oops, forgot to add the button, uploaded the new version, just redownload it.

16. Offline

Rixinson

Thanks for the new version.

I have some kind of an issue (please don't hurt me, I promise I won't break the plugin anymore, at least I'll try), when I summon one or more wolves, their HP is low.

17. Offline

Pylamo

18. Offline

Darnoken

I just tried a test wolf spell, and I get wolves with low HP aswell.
    It appears that the summoned wolves are set to normal wolf HP (8), and then set as tamed (which should be 20 HP)
    This is what happens when you breed a wolf (the puppy starts with low HP)

And the code, in case something is wrong with it:
    Code:
    wolf
    active
    summon, Player, wolf, 0, 1

19. Offline

Rixinson

Ok, this seems pretty logical then. I guess there is no way to summon them with full HP through scripting since the healing command only targets players.

20. Offline

Pylamo

I will make it possible with the next update

21. Offline

Darnoken

Healing can be made to target anything, including wolves.

Code:
    HealWolf
    active
    heal, Nearestentityinsight, 4 
    This heals whatever you are looking at by 4 points.
    What would be great is if you could specify the target better.
    Such as,
    Code:
    if (Nearestentityinsignt == wolf)
    heal nearestentityinsight <amount>
    Edit:
    Also, could you add some kind of block detection into the conditionals?
    For example, a spell that can only be cast if there is a specific block type within a specified radius of the player.

Code:
    If (<blockID> exists within <range> of <target>)
    <insert spell to execute>
    Edit2:
    Question - is there a way to modify the food bar of a player?
    As in, to add or remove food points as part of the spells?

22. Offline

Pylamo

@Darknoken:
    Thanks for your great suggestions, I will add them with the next update (Adding it right now, if you want it contact me in skype)

23. Offline

Darnoken

Cool thanks :)

First a question, then a suggestion:
    Q: Do you want suggestions posted here, or do you have somewhere else you take them?
    S: I forgot to add this to my last post, but another detection conditional;
    If possible, a condition to detect light level

Code:
    if (<lightlevel> at <target> <operator> <value>)
      <insert spell>
    So an example spell that burns the player if they are in high light levels
    Code:
    if ((lightlevel at Player) >= 14))
      ignite player
    Or a spell that restores the food bar (photosynthesis)
    Code:
    if ((lightlevel at Player) >= 12))
      modifyFoodBar +1

24. Offline

Pylamo

Darnoken
    You can post suggestions here or in skype, you have a lot of good ideas, I will implement them all ;)

25. Offline

xiGotricex

Hey, I have a few questions, and maybe some suggestions too.
    So, I'm really new to all this, and I'm starting up a server and was scouring around for some cool plugins. I saw your thread and I instantly loved all of it. So I have it implemented into my game but I'm not sure how to customize/configure it to how I want it.
    1. Could you please go over how to make classes (w/ spells) with me?
    2. Are there restrictions (if not can you make them) on classes so that for example if I have a mage I dont want them wearing diamond armor?
    3. Can you add buffs for equipping stuff per certain class? Like an archer runs faster when in all leather or something like that.
    4. Adding on to #3 Maybe bonuses like using a fisherman class yields 2x fish or faster fish, or maybe fishes a stray iron sword!
    5. Would you consider adding a stamina bar (dont forget mana too) so that maybe a warrior cant slash away at a mage waiting for a cooldown. (if you've seen the battlegear mod, the shield parry bar).
    Okay, and here comes my huge list of considerations:
    1. (probably makeable w/ essentials and chest shop but still) GUILD SHOP. Maybe better prices if in good guild (full guild = 5% off?) or maybe higher rank (guild leader gets it cheap!) in the guild. Could be player sell to player or implemented on its own.
    2. Guild base. "/g setbase" would take a 16x16 or maybe a 64x64 plot of land and that would be the guild plot for their land, where they can teleport to as base and maybe staying in the guild land heals you over time. I would love some sort of guards, maybe iron golems or something like that, with a status like neutral (only attacks enemies) or aggressive (attacks any non-guild member). OOOH to make the game fun how about you could buy the guard in the guild shop? That would be amazing.
    3. Add on to #2 you can claim guild plots (must be adjacent to the guild base plot) in which maybe uses Guild Power (like normal factions basically) but you get power from killing enemy guild members or maybe buying in guild store? And maybe you get better exp inside guild plots. Like woodcutting would level up your class faster if you cut in your plots, or fighting monsters in your plots, mining, ect.
    4. Guild ally/enemy
    5. (Unless you already can do this then please go over with me) A sort of unlocking system: so say your level 1 warrior, you can only wield a wooden sword. and maybe at 3 you can then now wield stone, and ect.
    6. same with #5 but for mages and their spells
    7. Class abilities: So say i have a cleric, and I want his golden sword to heal people. How do i do that? So when you hit a guildmate their hp is increased for -50 stamina/mana or even better: (i know there is a spell, but in a sticky situation lets say: you can bind spells to weapons! or abilities, and whatnot. So say that your friends getting owned and by the time you type /class spell heal, hes dead, instead you can use your sword to hit your friend and then either switch weapons or the sword would just act normal instead to a nonguildmate
    8. Guild perks maybe? The guild sets their main profession (wc, mining, swords, ect.) and bonuses if you use that profession.
    9. Mage summoning abilities, like the ability to spawn zombies to attack their enemy and not target the mage, or a beastmaster to summon wolfs. (if you cant already do that with spells)
    10. a leader board for top guild $ and guild overviews to see their: Player/maxplayer, power/maxpower, money, ect.
    Sorry for bombarding you, but I wanted to let you know everything I wanted to make my server AWESOME. If you want to help me add me on skype: kasterzach.

Thanks! Great work by the way!

26. Offline

Pylamo

@xiGotricex
    To your questions:
    1. if you need help, just add me in skype and ask.
    2. you can configure it in the class config
    3. Yes with if statements
    4. No faster fishing is not possible, but you could increase the damage
    5. adding graphic stuff requires spout, it's possible with spout and I'll maybe add it with the spout addon for my plugin

Considerations:
    1./2./3./4. I already had a plot function in my last plugin, but I removed it, however, I think I can integrate things like that in the future.
    5./6. Good idea, why not
    7. Should be possible with if statements
    8. Someone else asked me about that, also not a bad idea
    9. you can already summon a tamed wolf, however zombies will attack you, it's not possible without modifying the minecraft AI.
    10. I already thought about a leaderboard, and it's a good idea, I'll implement it with an achievement system but it could take a while.

27. Offline

Darnoken

If you do add plot functions, please make it so the user can enable/disable it. For anyone using factions or towny, they may like this plugin but it could conflict with their already established plot ownership if they cannot disable the feature.

Also, is it possible to add some kind of integration with plugins like factions/towny?
    For example, in factions Safezones (and sometimes peaceful factions) disable PVP, but with AnciantRPG spells you could still conceivably hurt/kill other players in these safezones. It would be useful if certain (or all) spells could be disabled in said regions.
    I don't now how difficult this would be, or if it's even possible without making pieces of your plugin specific to these other plugins, but I thought I would mention it anyways.

28. Offline

Pylamo

Darnoken
    I will make everything I will add to this plugin deactivatable, every damage caused by this plugin can be disabled by other plugins and yes I would have to adapt my plugin to other plugins to make it work.

29. Offline

xiGotricex

Okay Thanks, add me on skype Pylamo.

30. Offline

Pylamo