Inactive [RPG] AncientRPG - Create your own RPG v0.95[1.3.2]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Pylamo, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Offline

Goldenbast

I have skype I go by this name or goldenbast.julie

2. Offline

Snowflake135

You should set up a way to have different races and set a spawn point for each of them.

3. Offline

Pylamo

I could implement them but I am sure there are already good race plugins which work together with my plugin.

4. Offline

ki2248

Awesome! Thanks!

5. Offline

Krux9

i've since downloaded and am having fun with the spell creation. however, confused how to establish the "levels" of magic. this especially becomes an issue when the variables for spells rely on the level you are in magic or something...not sure what "levels" it's talking about but sure there must be some way to establish how to level up, a way to show your level, etc.. because i simply don't have a "level"

6. Offline

Pylamo

Krux9:
    You can define the xp you gain for killing creeps/mining and woodcutting in the config.
    You can also define the xp you need for each level in the config.
    to see your level type /level

7. Offline

Krux9

im retarded.
    i disabled ALL of the features because I only wanted to use spellmaking, noticed I at least needed classes.
    Now I see I also need an additional xp system.. thx, let's pretend this didn't happen

Actually...another question:
    is it possible to add levels?
    If I add lines:
    Code:
    Experience of level 11:
    ~
    ~
    ~
    Experience of level 50:
    Will those levels actually become available as variables from the SpellMaker.exe?
    ..or more complicated and I shouldn't worry about that?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  8. Offline

Pylamo

Not possible yet, but it is one of the planned features.

9. Offline

kauangc0

where I put the changelog?

10. Offline

Pylamo

11. Offline

NicoCops

I put AncientRPG.jar in "plugins" located in "BukkitServer" and it does not work.
    Here is my terminal command:

Last login: Sat May 5 18:23:01 on ttys000
    /Users/nicolascopsidasdebroise/Desktop/start.command ; exit;
    MacBook-de-Nat:~ nicolascopsidasdebroise$ /Users/nicolascopsidasdebroise/Desktop/start.command ; exit;
    182 recipes
    27 achievements
    18:23:54 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version 1.2.5
    18:23:54 [INFO] Loading properties
    18:23:54 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
    18:23:54 [ATTENTION] **** SERVER IS RUNNING IN OFFLINE/INSECURE MODE!
    18:23:54 [ATTENTION] The server will make no attempt to authenticate usernames. Beware.
    18:23:54 [ATTENTION] While this makes the game possible to play without internet access, it also opens up the ability for hackers to connect with any username they choose.
    18:23:54 [ATTENTION] To change this, set "online-mode" to "true" in the server.properties file.
    18:23:54 [INFO] This server is running CraftBukkit version git-Bukkit-1.2.5-R1.3-b2175jnks (MC: 1.2.5) (Implementing API version 1.2.5-R1.3)
    18:23:54 [GRAVE] Could not load 'plugins/AncientRPG.jar' in folder 'plugins'
    org.bukkit.plugin.UnknownDependencyException: Vault
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:195)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:213)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:189)
    at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.<init>(ServerConfigurationManager.java:53)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:156)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:422)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)
    18:23:55 [INFO] Preparing level "ATLANTIA"
    18:23:55 [INFO] Default game type: 0
    18:23:55 [INFO] Preparing start region for level 0 (Seed: -8508815160325726208)
    18:23:56 [INFO] ----- Bukkit Auto Updater -----
    18:23:56 [INFO] It appears that you're running a Beta Build, when you've specified in bukkit.yml that you prefer to run Recommended Builds.
    18:23:56 [INFO] If you would like to be kept informed about new Beta Build releases, it is recommended that you change 'preferred-channel' in your bukkit.yml to 'beta'.
    18:23:56 [INFO] With that set, you will be told whenever a new version is available for download, so that you can always keep up to date and secure with the latest fixes.
    18:23:56 [INFO] If you would like to disable this warning, simply set 'suggest-channels' to false in bukkit.yml.
    18:23:56 [INFO] ----- ------------------- -----
    18:23:56 [INFO] Preparing spawn area: 32%
    18:23:57 [INFO] Preparing start region for level 1 (Seed: 9030993000085464392)
    18:23:57 [INFO] Preparing spawn area: 8%
    18:23:58 [INFO] Preparing spawn area: 85%
    18:23:58 [INFO] Preparing start region for level 2 (Seed: 9030993000085464392)
    18:23:59 [INFO] Server permissions file permissions.yml is empty, ignoring it
    18:23:59 [INFO] Done (4,269s)! For help, type "help" or "?"
    18:24:04 [ATTENTION] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?
    >
    Can you help me?:(

12. Offline

Pylamo

13. Offline

TheRealIceGuru

When we getting the guild house teleport function?

14. Offline

vasil7112

Can we add more levels?
    E.x
    Experience of level 11: 11000
    e.t.c

Another Idea!
    Class Spawn

How to do the speedup ?
    I can't get it!

Ideas:
    Potions as buffs
    E.x sickness ,blindness e.t.c

And double jump

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

15. Offline

phoone

hi there.....i was excited by this plugin so i decided to try it....but when i try to change some properties in the config inside Ancient RPG they doesnt work ingame....for example i change hp stuff but i lose the same amount of hp i would normally lose...also hp is countered in hearts ( i dont know how it is supposed to be counted) ....what am i doing wrong?

16. Offline

Wingzzz2

Hey, love the plugin. Just want to suggest like others have the possibility of controlling the amount of levels you would like. Instead of 1-10, we would like perhaps 1-20.

17. Offline

Pylamo

Wingzzz:
    this is a planned feature and will be implemented with one of the next releases.

18. Offline

Wingzzz2

Excellent! We are actually attempting to learn this plugin in and out! Looking like an amazing replacement to heroes for those who cannot code.

Also not to sure if these are planned as well but, it would but fantastic to have this sometime in the future.
    - Power/Mana system of some sorts, having spells take mana away after use.
    - Possibility to make spells right click cast only, as it is nice to be able to bind spells to a sword and being able to attack and not cast your spell.

19. Offline

Pylamo

I already though about a mana system, but there is no way to tell the user how much mana he has without spamming the chat, but you can use items as mana "replacement" already.
    Right click cast only is a good idea, added it to my todo list.

20. Offline

Wingzzz2

Aw that's unfortunate, perhaps able to make a bindable skill that will do a display in chat of current mana/power?
    Like a one time thing if you ever do it, or a command such as /mana or /power?
    It'd be an amazing feature, and an absolute blessing to those who do not want players carrying hundreds of items to a fight.

As well a few more suggestions if not already thought of (soz)
    - Able to add spell descriptions to /class spelllist
    So a like "SpellName - Hurts player in a blah blah blah!"

- Able to look at health? (not sure if it is implemented as there isn't really a command list that I've found)
    so perhaps /hp or /health, this way we can better test our spells actual damage, at the moment default 600 max hp, and a spell does 150 damage, crazy almost kills you if you use the spell twice.

21. Offline

Pylamo

Wingzzz:
    These are some good suggestions,
    I will rework the config file of spells in one of the next releases, and I will add a description option for it too
    The health command is also a good thing, added it to the todo list.
    Thanks for your suggestions.

22. Do you have and option for say creating mobs of different levels with different stats and different drops based on who killed them ie level 5 player kills a level 1 zombie gets worse drops and less xp than if a level 1 player had killed it.

and with the mana idea have a bar showing mana and text in the middle ie (current mana)/(max mana)
    or if that's not possible do with the heart system were a spell or action reduces the mana by a certain block at half block increments then when leveling you get more blocks

23. Offline

Pylamo

GrimReaperOfPlugins:
    Different stats and this sort of things is already possible with if statements (most of it)
    I will maybe implement the mana bar with the final release and spout support

24. Offline

unicornsrock

So i really like this plugin but i have another one a lot like this called mine quest (http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/minequest ) that adds parties, classes but what my server really likes are the quests, the mine quest plugin has a create your own quest kinda like your create your own spells ( http://theminequest.com/questhelper.php ) Your plugin doesn't offer a questing system but we like yours more on everything else. trying to figure out how to work it but would be awesome if you could add a questing system maybe?

Wingzzz likes this.
  25. Offline

Wingzzz2

Real glad to see how active you are! No doubt at all this will turn into an even greater plugin than it is now ;)
    (Trying to figure out a make shift expanding ring of fire spell XD hehehe, going to be interesting the spells i make)

26. Offline

Pylamo

unicornsrock:
    Quest system is already planned and will be implemented with one of the future updates

Wingzzz

Wingzzz likes this.
  27. Offline

Wingzzz2

Heyy, Wingzzz here. Sorry for all the posts on your pl, I just feel like this is going to be the next step up.
    So more suggestions / feedback for yah :) So got nothing else to say but, well my ideas. So let's go !

Not sure if possible, although you've got quite a lot of customization so this probably is not needed but would there be the possibility of adding in custom messages and perhaps a few other text related things and or command changes?

Commands:
    - /class (instead of displaying how to see more commands*/class help*) Instead it should display first class help page with at the top of it saying Class Help Page #1 of 10 (<-example) AND your current class should be moved into the command /level and be displayed there
    - /bind <skill> (while holding item of course) instead of /class bind <skill> as well /unbind (while holding) instead of /class unbind
    - /class spells or /spells (instead of /class spelllist)
    - /classes (class list) instead of /class list
    - /class <name of class> (to choose a class) ALSO maybe we can charge money for a class change?
    IF so, then followed up with a prompt (sort of asking for you sure? or whatever) and then
    you just type /class accept
    - Stated before but, right click only cast for spell! Hehehe accidently casting spells bound to a sword when in a fight! XD
    - Admin commands! Perhaps allow admins OP's or people with idk AncientRPG.admin (or even more broken up nodes specific to each admin command even) This way we can set player levels, add EXP to players, reset players class/level, plugin reload, change a player's class, heal someone (b/c /heal from any pl will not give the true health but only display a fake amount of hearts) and maybe even other commands ;)

Custom Messages:
    (A config file of some sort, that we type the way we would like them to be displayed.
    Separate configs for /classes or /class spells?)
    - Custom level display (when doing /level) maybe, atm just colorless is the only issue with current display OH and no "You are <CLASS>" or at all any mention of what class you are :(
    - Custom class lists (change /class list to /classes) Optionally group specific lists?
    - Custom class help pages? (Sort of like guides if we want to write, if not class descriptions displayed upon /classes?
    - Custom XP gain messages. (Upon kill of mob/player I can make a message such as, *25 EXP Gained!*)
    - Custom message on level up.
    - Custom damage/protection lists for classes weapons/armor permitted
    /class armor <name> (if no name, state current class')
    /class weapons <name> ( ^ ) Includes tools as well maybe?

One last thing for now, once again sorry for all of this, but perhaps if not already planned, a reputation system? (Would be nice, but more work, this would defs not be top priority, but again it'd be nice eh)
    - Killing more than (X) amount can worsen your status (multiple levels of *bad* rep)
    - Killing more than (X) amount in (X) amount of time between kills (optional, may not work for all servers)
    - Killing *bad*, will raise your status into the *good*(multiple levels of *good* rep)
    - Ways of losing rep? (Deaths, optionally time or other methods)
    - Ability to define bonuses or curses for holding a status (good/bad)
    - Broadcast on becoming a certain level of a status (EX: Let's say Evil is the worst of being bad, it will send a message to everyone announcing (X) person's status change to Evil or something)

Keep up the fantastic work guys!
    I feel like I may have repeated already made suggestions or planned features/ideas so forgive me there!
    Also SORRY once again but i was not able to find the way to message you, so unfortunately i posted here..

28. Offline

Pylamo

Wingzzz
    Thanks for your list of suggestions, I added most of it to my todolist, and I will implement some of it with the next update (most of the command changes) and the reputation system will probably be implemented with the race update.

Thanks again,
    Pylamo

29. Offline

Wingzzz2

Awesome can't wait for the up coming releases :)

30. Offline

phantom656

Hi.Im having trouble with the classes.Like how do i create classes like warrior or hunter or rouge something like that?:confused:

Hi.Well i cant find any of the config files.Where are the class and spell config files?