Filled Roleplay Character Cards

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by MrMe1003, Mar 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

MrMe1003

Plugin category: Role Playing, Fun

Suggested name: RP Cards

What I want: I would like a plugin that allows players to use commands to create a custom set of information which appears when another player right-clicks them. It would include fields such as:
    • Name
    • Race (not necessary for my purposes, but maybe for someone else's)
    • Description
    Which would help players to get a better idea of what the character the other person is portraying is supposed to be like. It would also be nice if unused fields would not appear at all, in case they might be irrelevant to the particular server.

A problem that could occur is the inability to add more than one line of text to the description, which is a field that may require a bit more than that to be useful, sometimes. So to solve this, I thought it would be handy to be able to spawn a book via the command "/card description"; it would appear in your hands with the message "Write your character description in this book. When you are done, type "/card done", and write your description in that.
    Ideas for commands:
    • /card view - Allows a player to view the information on their own card, the way someone else might.
    • /card name [Character Name]
    • /card age [Age]
    • /card sex [male/female]
    • /card race [Race]
    • /card description/desc - Spawn the 'description book', as stated above.
    • /card done
    • /card reload - Admin-permission command to reload the configuration file.

Ideas for permissions:
    • cards.edit - Allows basic usage of cards, i.e. setting the name/age/etc.
    • cards.reload - Allows for reloading the plugin's config file.
    • cards.edit.other - Admin permission which allows a player to edit another player's card, with a command like: "/card nameother [Name]".

When I'd like it by: As soon as is convenient.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
  2. Offline

undeaD_D

3. Offline

MrMe1003

@undeaD_D
    Oh, sorry. Somehow I missed that in the threads list.. But yes it's basically the same thing. Thanks.

Though, there are a few differences, which I would like to see in a plugin like this, so I'm going to just leave my thread open for now.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
    undeaD_D likes this.
  4. Offline

Payment_Option

Sorry this took me so long to write, but I've been pretty busy lately. Here's a solution that I think is what you're looking for.

MrMe1003 likes this.
  5. Offline

MrMe1003

@Payment_Option

undeaD_D filled a very similar request for someone else, which I had planned on using, but your plugin looks to fit my request a bit more specifically. My computer is currently... under repair, but as soon as I get it back, I'll give your plugin a try. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.