Roadpoints

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Hergarian, Feb 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Hergarian

Plugin category: RPG

Suggested name: RoadPoints

What I want: A plugin that allows you to set points. The mormal player can't go away from these points more than a specific amount of blocks.

Exampel:

[​IMG]

So I'm able to set up some roads to other citys (RPG Server).
    As soon as i set up a roadpoint there should pe an output with the name (1,2,3,4,1376)
    If the player trys to bypass it, it should throw him 5 blocks back.

Ideas for commands: /setroadpoint {diameter}

Ideas for permissions: roadpoint.bypass roadpoint.set roadpoint.delete

When I'd like it by: As soon as you can please :)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  2. Offline

Freelix2000

@Hergarian
    Is the player able to leave the boundaries of one "road point" if they're entering another?

3. Offline

bazsi700

@Freelix2000 I think yes. How could go on a road, if he can't leave even the first roadpoint?

@Hergarian How many roadpoints would be about? Because if more thousands, I would try to search another way to solve, but if just 50-100 or even less, I have an idea how to make it.

4. Offline

Hergarian

@bazsi700
    maybe around 100-150

and maybe an option to smooth the way. (no bad edges)

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
  5. Offline

bazsi700

@Hergarian But... For example if the road goes to a town, the player can't leave the road and can't go into the town. Or the town would be one big roadpoint?

6. Offline

Hergarian

@bazsi700
    you got it. One big f**king roadpoint ;)

7. Offline

bazsi700

It's going well. There are only 2 little problems :p When you leave a roadpoint, it teleports you to the nearest (!!!) roadpoint's center. So if you leave a town, it may teleport you back more hundred blocks. I'll try to figure out how to do it better. The other problem it hasn't got too good selection interface and probably it won't have later too. Now it have a /roadpoints toggle, what toggles the point selection, and a /roadpoints radius <number> where you can give the radius for the next points. I'll make a /roadpoints list and a /roadpoints remove too. To see what's the radius, you have to test it, or you can use WE Cui. Sorry but I'm too stupid to make a good slection interface :p

8. Offline

Hergarian

@bazsi700
    I think you mean the mod? I have it. Thats no problem.

9. Offline

bazsi700

I'm nearly done. I'll add remove function tomorrow, test it and upload :)

10. Offline

Hergarian

11. Offline

bazsi700

Here you are.
    I'm pretty tired, so I'm not sure my test is good, or everything is okey, so use carefully. If you find any bugs, please tell it to me, so I can fix them. My English isn't the best also, as you can see ( :D ), so if there are langauge problems in the plugin, please report them to.

12. Offline

Hergarian

@bazsi700
    okay i can set it up but user can walk thru it

13. Offline

bazsi700

I don't understand your question. Or problem... or whatever.

@Hergarian Sorry I'm a retarded. Forgot to add points.yml, so the plugin won't store points. Tomorrow I do it, sorry again :/

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2016
  14. Offline

Apotheose

Can't you use barriers (it's invisible blocks) ? (or maybe you're not in 1.8).
    To give a barrier do /give <your name> barrier <amount>.

I hope I helped you :D !

15. Offline

bazsi700

Thank for the try, but I'm using 1.7.2

16. Offline

Hergarian

@Apotheose i already tryed them. But as you can read in my request. I want them to get pushed back.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2015
  17. Offline

bazsi700

What is barrier? :p

BTW @Hergarian I'll do it today.

18. Offline

Apotheose

Ok sorry I didn't read completely your request :(.

Barriers are invisible blocks, and they are indestructible except in creative gamemode. Check this with /give <your name> barrier (they are visible when you got one of these in your hands).

EDIT by Timtower: merged posts

19. Offline

bazsi700

I said I have 1.7.2 :p Never mind. BTW @Hergarian it now sends a message to players when they leaves the road to do not. Would I remove it?

20. Offline

Hergarian

21. Offline

bazsi700

22. Offline

Hergarian

23. Offline

Permeer

24. Offline

Hergarian

@bazsi700 Okay i tested it! :)
    It does what it should.
    BUT (everyone knows that something like this is coming): Is it possible to make ist as a cylinder? I'm having some quite big buildings and the user can go up.

Bug: Sometimes you got teleportet into a block. please fix that.

25. Offline

bazsi700

@Hergarian Hmm, I'll try fix it. And I can't understand the cylinder. Make it vertically expanded to 0-255?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.