[Request] VoteShare - Voting Across Multiple Servers

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Jack_J12, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Offline

Jack_J12

timtower So all I need to do is put the VoteResendMain plugin on my main server, for example: hub and put the Votifier port in the config. Then put the VoteResendListener on the other side servers?

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Not the votifier port, a different one.
    Then you put the VoteResendListener on the other servers with the same port as VoteResendMain and with the IP of the main server

3. Offline

Jack_J12

When you say port, do you mean like the actual server port? Such as 25565.

4. Offline

No, a port that isn't being used yet.

5. Offline

Jack_J12

timtower I'm sorry, but I am extremely confused about what I am supposed to do here.

I put the listener jar onto my side servers, I put the main onto my main server, then what? What am I supposed to put into each of the config files, that's where I am getting confused about.

6. Offline

Main config: a port that isn't being used yet

All listeners: ip of the main server
    same port as main plugin

7. Offline

Jack_J12

timtower So the default 1234 you put in should work, as long as I'm not using it?

8. Offline

Yes, and as long as it is open

9. Offline

Jack_J12

timtower After testing it, I found that it doesn't work. It's not mentioning that I voted or giving out any form of voting rewards, as it's supposed to do.

10. Offline

This isn't mentioning that somebody voted nor does it give voting rewards. You need to have additional plugins to handle that

11. Offline

Jack_J12

timtower I use the GAListener plugin for vote rewards, that is what I was referring to when I meant it didn't say I voted or received rewards :p

12. Offline

Like I said: not fail safe.
    I am able to redesign this so it would be more fail safe. Not guaranteed though. And would require more setup.

13. Offline

Jack_J12

timtower Turns out it's not your plugins that's not working, seems to be GAListener, since the update it's not giving out items, so I won't be able to fully test your plugins until GAListener is fixed. I know I could use an alternative listener, but I'm happy enough to wait for GAL to update to fix the bugs :p

timtower likes this.