Request to change /help, also a way to force a player to input a command

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by Emirin, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Emirin

I'd like to request a way to change the info that comes back on /help so that you can customize it to your mods.

Also it would be nice if we could force a player to input a command to test if it works for them and to help them.

2. Offline

8e8

There was a forcechat plugin for hMod, and by the looks of the current API that seems possible at the moment. By custom /help do you mean having commands show for a certain plugin? ie. /help worldedit shows commands specific to the plugin

3. Offline

Virology

Something like the Help Pages plugin for hMod would be nice :)

4. Offline

EvilSeph

Moved from Feedback and Support -> Discussion and Support.
    We're hoping to complete rework the /help system you're familiar with from hMod. This is not final but we're hoping to have:
    • /help searchable - /help *tp* will display any command with "tp" in the name or description
    • /help should be split into categories
    • /help -p for plugin sorted help..or something.

5. Offline

feverdream

I read this thread thinking that the topic was about forcing mod developers to include valid /help definitions for thier mods.

This could be enforced with helpclass attributes,on load. The above request could be a part of this.

6. Offline

Emirin

Nope I'm talkin about just a editable help file that the server loads or a table or something so we developers can add our mods to /help or we server admins can add extra data on stuff we have customized.

7. Offline

feverdream

Thats exactly what I am talking about.

Just add a "HelpPageAttribute" to your main plugin class, and that text should show up in your help screen via reflection on the object when its loaded, if the bukkit help system is coded to support it... and t=it should be as the help system should be as extensible as th rest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.