Request: "Ghost Form"

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Mafidog, May 31, 2011.

1. Offline

Mafidog

I have been thinking of some RPG servers, which say that when you die, you have to create a new character.
    So, I came up with the idea of a plugin that, when you die, you will spawn at a destinated graveyard, and would have to go to a specific monument-respawn point, to turn back to normal.
    While in Ghost Form:
    • You cannot chat.
    • You cannot place and/or destroy blocks.
    • Your screen color slightly changes to blue (like beds).
    • You move 25% faster than normal.
    • You can jump higher (double the amount of the normal jump).
    • You are transparent.
    And you would need to find a holy monument or something to bring you back to life.
    I would be happy if a plugin developer could take a look at this. :)

2. Offline

shadrxninga

Most of this is possible.
    • Transparency is not possible.
    • Screen Color would be hard to do.
    I may do this if no one else does.

3. Offline

flametornado

that sounds really cool.

Slightly like what happens when you die in wow, but cool nonetheless :p

4. Offline

Mafidog

@shadrxninga
    Thanks, I really appreciate this!
    Instead of transparency, can you make a "ghost" character totally invisible?

@flametornado , really? I didn' t know that.

5. Offline

Jayjay110

OR you could use the npc library to create a wandering lost soul :D

May I help you, if you would like to intergrate npc's?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  6. Offline

m5k

Would be nice if you could replicate the wow death experience with this. Perhaps, respawn at a graveyard in ghost form and if you for example write /ressurect, you lose some iconomy money, otherwise you have to run to your corpse then write /ressurect there to come back to life without the money penalty.
    Currently I have a flat 10 gold penalty for dying but this would be just awesome.

7. Offline

Mafidog

@Jayjay110 I don' t want NPCs in this one, I just want players to enter a ghost state and go find their corpses or a graveyard to ressurect.
    Thanks anyway.

8. Offline

shadrxninga

Yeah, I can try and make them completely invisible instead. I could possibly have a go at making a corpse with an NPC if I could find out how to make them look like there sleeping. If not I can just make a graveyard.
    I think this would be good as some players might not want to have to do this every time they die.

@Mafidog Have any ideas for what you want to be the resurrection monument or do you jut want to be able to set up a defined area as a graveyard - so when you go inside that area you come back to life?

9. Offline

m5k

Whoa, didn't even think about the corpse thing. A visible corpse sounds epic. Imagine if the person logs off in ghost form, anyone can see the corpse. Would look realistic having corpses lying around :D

10. Offline

Mafidog

@shadrxninga , a graveyard could look like some bunch of graves with a sign in the middle, which you will have to right click to resurrect or type a command, such as /resurrect, as mentioned above by @m5k .
    A Monument could look like this:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The yellow blocks are Gold blocks, the shiny yellows are Glowstone, blue is Lapis block, torches are Redstone ones, and that black thing is obsidian. The bright blue block is Diamond block.

Of course, you don' t have to choose this one, you can make it whatever way you want to fit better, or not include a monument at all.
    When I make a graveyard, I will post it too.

11. Offline

m5k

I have bought a "ghost account" for my rpg server, so using him as an npc to resurrect would be quite epic. If you do choose to use a monument, simply code the sign to say "Respawn" and everyone can build their own monument just add the sign somewhere in there.

12. Offline

Mafidog

@m5k I' d prefer not to allow every singe user build a monument, because the world will get filled with them! Perhaps, a permissions file would allow us to choose the people that are able to create Monuments.
    @shadrxninga what do you think of the monument? Also, I really apreciate your interest in my request :).

13. Offline

m5k

Of course permissions and only admins can set the respawn locations. That isn't even up for debate.
    I'd choose simple graveyards with a fountain in the middle and the sign on that. Fountain of life in a graveyard. Yes, I know, it's ironic.
    [​IMG]

14. Offline

shadrxninga

So - the graveyard area should be defined by a sign with respawn on it , that only ops or a person with the right permission can place. You right-click the sign to be resurrected?

15. Offline

m5k

Exactly. Perhaps make any sign be possible to rez, simply place a sign and write /markressurect and punch the sign. That should protect it from being destroyed and make people rez when they click it in ghost mode.

16. Offline

shadrxninga

Ok - Good idea, I will try and get started on this tomorrow.

17. Offline

Sammy

Let me give one idea :)
    You punch the sign like @m5k said and no resources will be taken from you...
    BUT if you don't want to go all the way to the graveyard every time you die you can use the /resurrect anywhere but it will cost you money/resources

18. Offline

shadrxninga

@Sammy
    hmm... How can it cost you resources if your already dead...? I'm sure i'll figure it out.

19. Offline

m5k

Well I think you shouldn't be able to get any resources while you're dead. Perhaps add the possibility to change the users permissions group on death and change it back on resurrection. Admins could make a [Ghost] group and specify if they can build/pvp/chat.

20. Offline

Sammy

I think you didn't understood me ^^
    The idea is for example:
    You die, if you don't want to go all the way to the graveyard to respawn you type /resurrect and 10$ will be taken from your account
    If you go to the graveyard and punch the respawn sign you won't have to pay the 10$

21. Offline

m5k

Ah. I was thinking of adding multiple respawn signs and use the graveyard plugin to make people respawn there as ghosts and if they press the sign they pay 10$, otherwise they gotta go to the corpse. But whichever way works for you is fine with me.

22. Offline

Nazerb

23. Offline

m5k

Yea, that's the one I'm using.

24. Offline

Mafidog

Sorry for not posting here for a long time (was busy).
    So, @shadrxninga are you interested in making this?

25. Offline

shadrxninga

@Mafidog
    @m5k
    @Nazerb
    Yes, I will have a go at making this plugin.

Outline
    • Players after clicking the re spawn button turn into "Ghosts"
    • The player stays where they died.
    • The player needs to find a Respawn Sign or Type /resurrect which will cost them money or items (How?)
    • The player can jump twice as high and move faster than usual.
    • They can't destroy or create blocks.
    • Can't Chat?? - What if they got stuck in ghost mode and didn't know how to get out. - Maybe a [Ghost] prefix instead.
    • Works over relog but not over server restarts.
    • The sign could count how many players have been re spawned from that sign.
    • They cannot pick up any items.

Anything I've missed?

I will start this after I have finished off my Art portfolio for school.

26. Offline

Mafidog

Yup, ok, we are good.
    • As for the cost, a prep file could exist to let a server owner set it.
    • Ok with the chat, use a [Ghost] prefix (probably grey or white in color).
    • Server restarts are ok, I don' t have any problem, let' s just hope that the ones who use it for their servers won' t restart them every single minute :p.
    Thanks a lot :D.

27. Offline

shadrxninga

@Mafidog
    Otherwise I need to write names to a text file... (I might add that in later)

28. Offline

Nazerb

@shadrxninga
    @Mafidog
    @m5k
    Could the ghost could permissions group? So they i can use herochat to do the [ghost] as i might conflict. Prefably permissions 3? This would need to send them to the graveyard first so they can be checked if there admin then there group is changed!

So to get there items they will have to reserect then come back and get them? So maybe the other way round, you go to the grave yard then you have to go back where you died and hit the sign. Or in the graveyard there is a sign that they can pay to use.

Is that possible? What do you guys think?

29. Offline

shadrxninga

@Nazerb
    I will try and make it so it doesn't conflict with HeroChat.

30. Offline

Flenix

Could it also be possible to have some sort of OPTIONAL NPC as the "corpse" - just make them lying in a bed, but without the bed being there, therefore lying down. I've seen a bug before where people look like they're lying down but they are walking normally, so it'd just work like that? the "Dead" npc would take your name and then should get your skin too