[Request!] Get a permanent potion effect at a certain level

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Jocke155, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Offline

speedturtle123

Jocke155 One question do you want it so that if lets say they enchant and lose 30 levels do you want them to lose the effect?

2. Offline

Jocke155

speedturtle123
    Doesn't matter, my server got custom gear so they don't even need to enchant!

3. Offline

speedturtle123

Jocke155 Ok, im having a little trouble with getting the player's xp

4. Offline

Spaceyavin

player.getLevel() ?

5. Offline

DarkRiddles

Disturbed_Creator , Why is that you can work on this plugin and get online, but you can't seem to upload it to bukkit.dev? The least you could have done was give the kid a mediafile link or something... I just find this weird!

Henzz likes this.
  6. Offline

speedturtle123

Spaceyavin yeah I was using the wrong one :) thanks

Jocke155 Almost done

Jocke155 with the "/leveleffect toggle" what do you want that to do, do you want it to check for the levels or disable potion effects on that person?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2016
  7. Offline

Jocke155

8. Offline

speedturtle123

Jocke155 I'm having trouble making it give the player more hearts.

9. Offline

Jocke155

speedturtle123
    The potioneffect "healthboost" make this, the plugin just need to add that effect permanent?
    and the you set potioneffect level in the config.

10. Offline

speedturtle123

Jocke155 Would it be ok if I send you a version with only one level and you test it? Then later ill work on adding more levels in the config.

Jocke155 I'll work on it when I get back to my house later in the afternoon :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

11. Offline

Jocke155

12. Offline

Jocke155

13. Offline

Jocke155

14. Jocke155
    I am trying now (you can use my version untill Disturbed_Creator 's version comes out, since it will probably be much better)

15. Offline

Jocke155

Datdenkikniet
    Alright, but it seems like Disturbed_Creator doesn't even answer on the posts any more, and speedturtle123
    was making it also, idk what happened with the development?

EDIT: @Datdenkikniet the config is really important for this project hehe, else it would be pretty useless :D

16. Jocke155 I know, but how many potions do you want to be enabled?

17. Offline

Jocke155

Datdenkikniet
    Hm, everyone i guess, and the structure on the config could help i guess, i mean if it's needed to write the "coding name" on the potion?

18. Jocke155 I actually ment this: Do you want a player to only get the Speed potion or the Speed potion and something else.

Jocke155 I am sorry, I didn't read your request properley, so I will have to rewrite it really quick. I think I will be able to finish it tomorrow.

19. Offline

Jocke155

Datdenkikniet
    Yes, if i put multiplay effects in the config, let's say above exp level 100 the player get both effects at the same time. Example: above level 100, get strength and at the next line in the config: above level 100, get instant_health

haha not good on explaining in english, but the player will get every effect that is in the config if the player is above the certain level :)

20. Jocke155 expect it to take a little longer, since the .addPotion() method has changed, and I have to figure out how to use it :s
    *feels embarassed* I just made a very noob move :mad:

21. Offline

Jocke155

Datdenkikniet
    haha, didn't understand what you meant with "noob move"? xD

22. Jocke155 a noob move is a mistake only 'beginners' make.

Jocke155 I am sorry, but I think I will have to push the release to next saturday, because I am tired, and tomorrow I have to do way to many stuff for school (and I have struggles with all of the for loops I have to use)

23. Offline

Jocke155

24. Jocke155 I think I am half way done now.
    progress so far:
    enchanting handling.
    exp change handling
    config support
    add level support
    anvil handling
    to do:
    permissions
    exp change because of xp command used
    something I missed?
    <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2016
  25. Offline

UltiFix

This is hilarious, new people keep making it then disapeering.

26. Offline

Jocke155

Datdenkikniet
    Nah, i don't think so :D

UltiFix
    Yeah, i've started to think that they are trolling me :)

27. Jocke155 I can give you this Alpha Alpha Alpha version: <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>
    code for it:
    http://pastebin.com/QpFQixhF
    btw, use the format I used in the config!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2016
  28. Offline

Jocke155

Datdenkikniet
    okay, i'll test it out when i get time. But what is the anvil code for?

29. Jocke155 Since doing stuff in an anvil doesn't have an event, I still have to fix it. But, because I don't really know how yet, I marked it as comment. (otherwise the plugin wouldn't work)

30. Offline

Jocke155