Filled Request: 1.10.2 Speed Up on Configurable Blocks

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by roracle, Jul 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

roracle

Plugin category: Fun?

Minecraft version: 1.10.2

Suggested name: Pathways

What I want: I would like a plugin that would allow the player to speed up when on any block configurable in a config.yml file. Each block could have it's own configured speed, but it would be nice to just have one overall speed for all "pathway" blocks. This could be for highways and roads, paths, etc. EDIT: When not on a configured block, the speed increase should go back to normal. No "stop blocks", but just checking if player is or is not on configured block.

Ideas for commands:
    /pw add <blockname>
    /pw remove <blockid>
    /pw setspeed <speed>

<blockname> and <blockid> should be interchangeable. <speed> should be no greater than 20.

Ideas for permissions:
    pathways.use : Players with this can speed up on listed blocks.
    pathways.reload : Admin can reload an externally configured config.yml, but shouldn't have to if we can add and remove blocks in game.

When I'd like it by: Yesterday.....all my troubles seemed so far away... But yeah, any time really.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  2. Hi, I may start developing this plugin as it seems like a pretty cool idea! Just 2 quick question:
    When you say <speed>, is that like speed 20? Or some other speed modifier?

And do you or do you not want different speeds on different block? I can do either. This can be specified in command or config. If you want it to be done in commands, I recommend you do /pw add {blockname} [speed]. If speed isnt specified it goes to the default which is specified with /pw speed {speed}. If you do it in config it looks like
    Show Spoiler

Grass:
    speed: 10
    Glass:
    speed: 15

default: 5

PS: This is just an example

I dont mind if you wish to do both

Also I think it may be a nice idea just to do /pw add and it will add the item you hold (as well as being able to specify the id/block name), same for the remove. However that is just an idea
    Thanks, Jack

The quicker you reply the faster I can start

Hi, I may start developing this plugin as it seems like a pretty cool idea! Just 2 quick question:

When you say <speed>, is that like speed 20? Or some other speed modifier?

And do you or do you not want different speeds on different block? I can do either. This can be specified in command or config. If you want it to be done in commands, I recommend you do /pw add {blockname} [speed]. If speed isnt specified it goes to the default which is specified with /pw speed {speed}. If you do it in config it looks like
    Code:
    Grass:
             speed: 10
    Glass:
             speed: 15

default: 5

PS: This is just an example

I dont mind if you wish to do both

Also I think it may be a nice idea just to do /pw add and it will add the item you hold (as well as being able to specify the id/block name), same for the remove. However that is just an idea
    Thanks, Jack

The quicker you reply the faster I can start

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2016
  3. *[code][/code]

4. Just wondering if that worked as it aint exactly code.

Sorry when I edit it does another post!?

5. It shouldn't, you using something like TapaTalk?

6. Nope

7. Offline

roracle

That is usually how I've seen other, older ones done, so that would be cool

That would be awesome, too, doing a /pw set <block> <speed>

Personally I'd just keep same speed on pathways in my server, but other servers might benefit from this as well and may want various speeds depending on the block type. Heck, I might do it that way, where GrassPath blocks could be slower than StoneBrick or something.

I do appreciate this! And sorry for the late reply, I have two jobs so getting back usually takes time. :)

8. Offline

espo1234

It seems as though someone has already made this, but I am going to still write this just as practice (just learned how to make a plugin after taking a year of programming classes). I will still send a link to the plugin jar, just in case you like it better for some reason.

9. Offline

roracle

Yes there are other ones but no one has updated them to the newer 1.10.2 Spigot, and even though they load and seem to work on the surface, none of the speed-up functionality (the purpose of it) work at all. If they worked like they should I never would have asked for a new one. I am very thankful anyone at all has decided to take this up, it's the one plugin I'm missing for getting my server exactly how I want it. :)

10. Offline

ArsenArsen

@roracle speed X or X times the normal speed? Or some equation? What do you need?

11. Offline

roracle

It would be nice if it was like this:
    Normal speed is normal, I think 5 is what I hear. It should not be configurable.
    Block speeds should be calculated as simple numerals, like 8 (being three ticks above base of 5) and when you are not on the designated blocks, it goes back to 5.

Remember: 5 is just an example number because I'm not sure how spigot/bukkit interprets speed.

12. Offline

ArsenArsen

I meant how do you want to modify it? By multiplying the velocity vector by a number or by giving a speed potion effect?

Also tahg me so I can see your response.

13. @ArsenArsen You can always use setWalkSpeed, no need to give them an effect.

14. Offline

ArsenArsen

Oh okay.. I forgot about that one.. Thank you!

Here you go: link.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2016
  15. @ArsenArsen "This item might have been deleted, expired or you might not have permission to view it. Contact the owner of this item for more information."

16. Offline

roracle

It will not let me download it, as bwfcwalshy said, same error message. :\

17. Offline

ArsenArsen

18. Offline

roracle

How do I add StoneBrick? I did so manually but is there any in-game command to do it? When I do it manually, it doesn't save the data.
    EDIT: I didn't realize it was smoothbrick, not stonebrick. Also, the plugin seems to function properly but in-game I'm not getting any modifier to my speed...

19. Offline

ArsenArsen

You have the perm? It was working for me.
    What did you set it to? Default is 4

20. Offline

roracle

I forgot about permissions, you didn't mention any so I thought it was permissionless. What permissions do i use?

21. Offline

ArsenArsen

pathways.use
    pathways.admin
    I think. I'll have to check about the second one as I'm on a phone rn.

22. Offline

roracle

Yeah that worked! Brilliant! Thank you!

23. Offline

espo1234

So far I have a plugin where if you stand on stone, it gives you Speed IV (totally changeable, and it will be in the config. I just haven't learned how to make config files and such). As soon as you get off of stone, it takes away the potion effect. I tried making it so that if a player had speed before standing on stone, when they got off it gave it back to them, but I couldn't get that to work. If I spent more time on it, I could probably get it though, if that is a desirable feature.

24. Offline

roracle

Hey, is there a way to take off the FOV changes or is that impossible? It just gives a strange look when going/stopping. In a big city, it's great for getting around, but if you're shopping, the change of the FOV can easily get annoying.

@espo1234 it would be nice to not use potion effects. ArsenArsen made a great version of this, and perhaps you guys could collaborate on it together to make it better?

25. Offline

ArsenArsen

I'm pretty sure it's client sided. Sorry.

26. Offline

roracle

That's okay, I'll get over it and so will the players. Lol. I mean if it's not a big speed increase its hardly noticeable. At 8 it's noticeable, and at 10 it's just nuts. Luckily my server is RP based and I'll not having people go too too fast.

27. Offline

ArsenArsen

For best fun set grass to 20 ;)

roracle likes this.
  28. Offline

ArsenArsen

What do you mean?

29. @ArsenArsen Isn't it at that kind of speed the world starts to look upside down?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.