[REQ]Starter Quiz

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by haws1290, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Offline

haws1290

I would like someone out there in the bukkit community to create a plugin that is a Quiz when you FIRST join the server like with custom questions. So they have a Quiz like /startquiz or it auto starts
    Do You Know What Griefing is?
    /answer it is destroying peoples stuff
    It will be muti-choice
    So like Config like this
    #Starter Quiz Config etc. etc.
    OnceOnly: True or False
    #It only does quiz when you first join server
    #Please Put A Hash Between Questions
    Question:
    Q= Do You Know What Griefing Is?
    A= Destroying peoples stuff
    -
    Q= Etc. etc.
    A= etc. etc.

Anyone?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2016
  2. Offline

Sluijsens

I think this is possible.
    I am new to plugin development but I might give it a try.

I don't think I can make something that it will check the answer unless you want me to make Multiple Choice questions.

Let me know

KR
    Sluijsens

3. Offline

Deleted user

I'm making it right now xD.
    Right now, the plugin auto kicks in when someone new joins the server. The plugin will ask the new player "What is Griefing?" and the player will type: /q answer [ANSWER]
    If you're an admin, you can create questions with this: /q create [QUESTION]
    Delete Questions?: /q delete [QUESTION]
    Question List: /q list
    When the new player answers the question, it will be forwarded to any online admin. If more than 1 are on, the plugin will randomly choose an admin. If you, haws, are on, since you're the owner, you will be notified instead of the other admins.
    I need 2 more weeks to finish this plugin...

4. Offline

Phiwa

And what about the case no admin is online? I think in that situation a quiz would be most helpful.
    In my opinion it would be best if the quiz was Multiple-choice and the player only answers A, B or C.
    In that case the plugin could check on its own whether the answer is right or wrong if the admin has given it the right answer before.

5. Offline

haws1290

Ok ok Multiple-choice yeah seems better if you are making it do muti-choice

Could you maybe change it too Muli-choice if not a problem

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2016
  6. Offline

Phiwa

If he does a different one, I will create a Multiple-choice-one for you as soon as possible.

7. Offline

Deleted user

@Phiwa Would you like to create the plugin with me? I don't have much time to work on it because i'm in University...

8. Offline

Phiwa

My schools starts again on Monday and I got less time from then on as well, but of course we can try to code it as a team.
    Let's talk about it via PM to find a way to do it. ;)

9. Offline

Phiwa

@haws1290
    One question. I'm on it, but what to do with players who answer a question wrong? Currently I built in three questions, but at the moment the player can simply try as often as he wants to and will make it one day. :)
    What to do with them?

EDIT: And what to do with players who finished the quiz successfully? Should there be an automatic promotion to a PermissionsEX-Group you can set in the config?

10. Offline

haws1290

11. Offline

Sluijsens

12. Offline

Phiwa

Lol, why don't you post that here?! Would have saved me some time...