Filled [Req] Player Worlds

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by wowzersam, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Offline

wowzersam

Suggested Name: Player Worlds (I honestly don't care what you call it)

Plugin Category: Fun/Roleplay

What I want: What Player Worlds does, is allow players to type /world create and it will generate a COMPLETELY random (terrain) 1000x1000 plot of land in a void world. This plot of land will be protected from ALL other players except the plot's owner. Multiple players will be typing /world create, so plots will be spaced 2000 blocks apart from each other. I know this terrain generation may be CPU intensive, but my server can handle it.

For the random terrain generation, this is what I mean: Normal Minecraft surface terrain generation. However the base will be only 5 blocks thick (not all the way to bedrock), there will be no trees, and it will be only plains biome.

NOTE: I realize uSkyBlock can do almost all of this, however I need RANDOM terrain generation. Perhaps you could use uSkyBlock as a building block.

Suggested Commands:
    - /world create (Generates the player's world)
    - /world add <player> (allows a player build access to the world owner's world)
    - /world remove <player> (opposite of ^)
    - /world spawn (Teleports the player to their world)
    - /world setspawn (Sets the spawn point for the player's world)
    - /world join <world owner's player name> (Sends a request to the world's owner to join the world) [This will now allow the player who joined to type /world spawn to get to the world]
    - /world leave (Leaves the player's current joined world)

Suggested Permissions:
    - world.create (/world)
    - world.add (/world add <player>)
    - world.remove (/world remove <player>)
    - world.spawn (/world spawn)
    - world.setspawn (/world setspawn)
    - world.join (/world join)
    - world.leave (/world leave)

When I'd like it by: within 3 months

2. Offline

unforgiven5232

wowzersam explain your "random terrain" and also have thick can the world be? Or the default height

3. Offline

Onlineids

I think he means random as in minecrafts default terrain gen

4. Offline

unforgiven5232

Onlineids lol ok cause I was thinking or literally making a random variable and make the block the ran I'd lmfao

5. Offline

wowzersam

Onlineids Actually, I don't

unforgiven5232 Sorry for not stating this in the post. What I mean by random terrain is normal minecraft terrain generation, however without the trees, and only 5 blocks thick at the base. It would also be ONLY plains biome.

6. Offline

unforgiven5232

wowzersam that's where it gets more complicated but ok

7. Offline

JimsHD

wowzersam Wouldn't this lag up your server? (Depending on how much RAM you have).

8. Offline

samuel123abc

JimsHD If you would have read his post he said that it may be CPU intensive but his server can handle it.

9. Offline

JimsHD

10. Offline

wowzersam

11. Offline

unforgiven5232

12. Offline

wowzersam

unforgiven5232 Awesome! Keep me updated on progress if you don't mind :)

13. Offline

unforgiven5232

wowzersam not at all but keep in mind I'm on vacation and I return tomorrow

14. Offline

wowzersam

unforgiven5232 That's fine. Just start up on it when you have time. Like I stated in the thread, I don't need this for another 3 months or so :)

15. Offline

unforgiven5232

wowzersam oh BTW at the 1k points can I put a wall of bedrock around where the void is supposed to be

16. Offline

wowzersam

unforgiven5232 No. I was thinking maybe around the edge make it mountainous?

17. Offline

unforgiven5232

wowzersam more difficult than void lmfao

18. Offline

wowzersam

unforgiven5232 Well I definitely don't want bedrock walls around the edge of the world. Perhaps just cut it off at the 1000x1000 point. Maybe coal block walls?

19. Offline

unforgiven5232

wowzersam well actually I'll try the void thing but few questions, do u want them to build a bridge over the void or not at all? And also I can make this easier if you want it to be a real world for them to dig for ores and what not or do u want a top layer of grass and some stone bellow. If u want ores I can put random ores in there as well

20. Offline

wowzersam

unforgiven5232 I don't want any building outside of 1000x1000 area. And I don't need random ores. It really doesn't matter if you add random ores or don't. Whatever is easier for you.

21. Offline

unforgiven5232

wowzersam I'll add a feature to add or remove ores

wowzersam hey this just came to mind but I'm thinking about just saying the first layer of grass then dirt then the stone. But do u want just building area or add like small lakes or ponds

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2016
  22. Offline

wowzersam

unforgiven5232 No ponds/lakes are needed, but I think it would look better with them. As for the layers, that sounds fine

23. Offline

unforgiven5232

wowzersam My father brought his laptop on vacation so if you wish I can actually start programming it, but will you be willing to test it for me if I need to?

24. Offline

wowzersam

25. Offline

unforgiven5232

wowzersam I read this wrong apparently, I was making world files base on the name of the player but u want one world with different plots

26. Offline

wowzersam

That's correct. But this isn't like plotme. It's a 1000x1000 plot of randomly generated terrain, like I stated in the post.

27. Offline

unforgiven5232

wowzersam so the 1000x1000 is kinda way to extreme. As in it will crash any server on generation.

28. Offline

wowzersam

unforgiven5232 Hmm. Perhaps 750x750? Or maybe even make it only 1 layer thick?

29. Offline

unforgiven5232

wowzersam i crashed on everything till i lowered to 50x50 but let me try 1 layer

30. Offline

wowzersam