[REQ] PigRoutes Plugin

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Klausar, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Offline

TripleXPenguin

Synaps3 The problem is that creating a path in a non-protected region any player could dismantle the road or mobs could damage them. That is the issue, there is no issue have a path in a protected region.

2. Offline

np98765

Why does right-clicking with a certain tool to set waypoints not work? Kind of like in Citizens2...

3. Offline

Konkz

Sorry, but I am dropping out.

4. Offline

Synaps3

If you have people who will grief your roads, isn't that a protection problem, not a mob travel problem? I wouldnt overload this plugin with that kind of thing and anyway there are plenty of workarounds: Lock the waypoints with LWC for example. Or, only use the signs to mark the locations, after which they are saved in the plugin on the server, not as signs that stay.

Honestly I would leave grief prevention to the locking/protection plugins and not try to do their job as well.

5. Offline

Steam Engines

would it be possible to just always have the pig on the highest block in it's path? It would make for some choppy riding, what with the pig hopping up trees/buildings but he could go straight from A to B and would eliminate the need for setting multiple points along the path.

6. Offline

np98765

Why has no one responded back on this? :O

I know this is possible, but does anyone like/dislike it? I think this would be the best way to do it... You could define your path without any issues of people destroying it, and the movement would be just fine...

7. Offline

MrZoraman

Well I took a look at the DragonTravel code. I think I might be capable of creating this plugin. It will take me a bit longer than usual, but I think I'm up for the challenge. I will go with np's idea of having the user set waypoints. I hope I can do it! :p

8. Offline

np98765

Good luck! :)

9. Offline

Phiwa

I think you didn't get the problem...
    Of course you can let users set waypoints, for me that was self-understanding, but what is destroyed is the way BETWEEN the waypoints and the pig will simply run along the path, even if someone dig a huge hole or whatever, the pig would simply start flying instead of walking along on the ground...

10. Offline

MrZoraman

Would you guys mind if I waited until 1.3 and bukkit for 1.3 is released before I start working on this? I am just afraid that by the time I'm done with this minecraft 1.3 will be out, and then I have to fix the code. Also, I'm pretty busy this week anyways.

11. Offline

firecopy

I plan on doing that too. I officially announce a plugin race. May the best man/woman/dog win. :p

12. Offline

MrZoraman

I'll begin when bukkit for 1.3 is released. May the best pig win! :p

13. Offline

Klausar

Push it up

14. Offline

Steam Engines

wait, are you making this plugin??? :D

15. Offline

firecopy

Multiple people are going to be attempting to make this plugin, myself included.

16. Offline

Steam Engines

YESS! FINALLY! OUR CRIES HAVE BEEN ANSWERED! [pig]

np98765 likes this.
  17. Offline

XbannisherX

about the pathfinding, i have a very easy solution... it does sound boring tho :(
    just make a path and fence it off, in that way the pig has only 1 way to go, a human made one

18. Offline

Steam Engines

But how would you get over the fance if you have to get on the other side?

19. Offline

firecopy

In all honesty, the pathfinding seems easier :p

20. Offline

Klausar

Any news on this?

21. Offline

Konkz

The only news are that those were the only news ... o.o

//EDIT

Simple version: No news... :/

22. Offline

WarmakerT

Code:

//Entity is the pig entity
    //You'll also need to divide the path's goal, because the AI can't reach further then certain distances.
    trueOrFalse = false;
    while(trueOrFalse = true){
                if(entity instanceof Pig){

EntityCreature creature = ((CraftCreature)((Pig)entity)).getHandle();

Navigation navigation = creature.getNavigation();
                navigation.a(/*The location's X*/, /*The location's Y*/, /*The location's Z*/, /*The speed, 0.3F looks good*/);
    }
    Bukkit.getServer().getScheduler().scheduleAsyncDelayedThread(this, new Runnable() ){
    public void run(){
    trueOrFalse = true;
    }, 2000L);
    }
            }

23. Offline

Dreeass

You also should speed up the pig, because walking there is probably still faster than riding a pig.

24. Offline

Squish000

WarmakerT You can use reflection and change the default maximun distance from 16 to something like 200, and then you don't need to split the path into multiple points.

WarmakerT likes this.
  25. Offline

firecopy

Just wanted to let people know I haven't even attempted to start the plugin yet :p. Will start ASAP.

26. Offline

Steam Engines

GO GO GO GO! :p

27. Offline

WarmakerT

I'll do it :p
    Edit.: Tomorrow

28. This is going to be one cool plugin.

29. Offline

bobacadodl

I would so use this on my server. I personally don't like dragon travel just because dragons are too big and bulky :p

firecopy and np98765 like this.
  30. Offline

Steam Engines

GO WARMAKER! WE NEED THIS PLUGIN!