[REQ / IDEA] ChurchBells [FORMATTED]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Klotzonator, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Offline

Klotzonator

Plugin category: MISC

Suggested name: Maybe "ForWhomTheBellTolls"? ;-)

A bit about me: I'm a minecraft player and server owner since middle of 2011 who runs a machine with Spout for a growing bunch of friends (nearly 10 ppl by now). MC proved to be a great way to spent time with them as I moved like 280mi to go to university and don't see them everyday ;-).

What I want: From the start my pals and I built villages and towns to make a home in our Minecraft worlds including chappels / churches. And ever since we miss church bells striking every (Minecraft) hour. So this is about creating a plugin that turns jukeboxes into timed soundemitters playing a short .wav, .ogg or whatever with a bell sound. Or at least a "Ding Dong" in chat ( ;) ), 'cause the great question about this is:

>> Is it possible? How far dows sound travel in Minecraft? Anything further than a single chunk?

Ideas for commands: /churchbells add to right-click a jukebox the church bell role, and /churchbell remove to undo this

Ideas for permissions: Something like churchbell.create and chruchbell.remove for controlling how can and cannot set up some bells.

Willing to pay up to: $5-$10 would be in the pot ;)

When I'd like it by: When it's done. I'm not in a hurry as I'm just .

Similar plugin requests: None that I know of.

Devs who might be interested in this: romobomo

2. Offline

TACTICALboom

If you wanted sound, this would have to be client-side as-well. However a 'Ding-Dong' in the chat in whatever color is easy and possible with Bukkit's Scheduler. But honestly it would get annoying.

3. Offline

Klotzonator

Thanks for your reply. I forgot to mention that we have Spout and, of course, are using the Spoutcraft client aswell (just might add that to clearify that point). Therefor I guess client-side sound wouldn't be a hassle (as mcMMO / BCMusic e.g. is doing it aswell).

I guess the breaking point for this idea will be how far the sound will reach ingame ... :-/

4. Offline

romobomo

Not a breaking point at all, I'll do it. Shoot me a .wav file with the sound you wanna use for the bell ([email protected]), then give me a little while to make it.

5. Offline

TACTICALboom

Of course his users would have to install this wav in a Bukkit accessible directory, or is there a way to do this with spout? Or DOES bukkit have some taboo methods I didn't know about that allow the implementations of sound...?

6. Offline

psycowithespn

Spout kinda acts like valve's source engine where it will download files from the server to the client. This is how i think romobomo is going to do it.

7. Offline

TACTICALboom

Figured, I no not of spouts methods.

8. Offline

Klotzonator