Development Assistance Removing/Changing a string variable

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by skittishtrigger, Feb 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

skittishtrigger

I have an issue where a plugin will not/does not/or was designed to to do a specific task I wish to do.
    The scenario is using a command block to issue a command which doesn't work. After checking the console it says command can only be ran by in-game players. After no success in finding a fix or alternitive program to do what I wanted to do I decided to change the program myself. The server is a vanilla bukkit server running 1.8.1 and the plugin in question is wirelessredstone. The line or lines associated that I want to change/remove is
    19: ldc #8 // String Only in-game players can use this command.
    or at least anything this answer responds to. Any ideas or directions you can point me too?

2. Offline

xTrollxDudex

Um, so you want to remove a bytecode instruction...? Seems like more than necessary for what you want to do.

3. Offline

skittishtrigger

Since I am extremely new (This issue prompted me to try and figure out some plugin coding) I do not even know enough to know which question to ask, hence the "Any ideas or directions" part. But I personally see no other options other than changing the string that calls to bring that message (Only on-line players may use this command) to something that can also be run from the console (which should enable it it command blocks also). But, once again I don't know enough to know if there is a better solution or the one I proposed is a viable one.

4. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Moved to Bukkit alternatives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.